Adam's Plan

Forget Me Not

16th February 2013 ( Saturday)

 

"Where's Narsha?" Miryo asked, staring at her watch. JeA looked up from her tablet, wide-eyed. "Omo! Mianhae, forgot to tell you guys she's meeting Changmin's family for dinner."

 

"Aigoo... Our leader-nim..." Ga-in laughed. This triggered ga-in about what she had been wanting to ask JeA for days. She looked at jea. The necklace she saw days ago was there. She smiled slyly for a moment.

 

"Unnie, that necklace..." She hinted as she looked towards JeA's neck, pretending not to know about the necklace's background.

 

"This?" JeA touched the pendant tenderly, obviously liking it a lot, especially when her face brightened up a lot instantly upon the mention of the gift she got. "It's a Valentine's Day gift..." She started being coy.

 

"Is the gift by any chance from Ongseul?" Ga-in asked further. Hidden from their sight, Miryo's smile faltered.

 

Needless to say, JeA didn't give any answer but her sheepish smile tells it all. " unnie, Congrats! That babo is finally making a move."

 

"How's it?" Miryo started asking, forcing a smile as if she was feeling glad for her friend. She can't possibly pull off a bitter face when her friend's finally getting some happiness from the new hope of their relationship jea 's having.

 

Jea shyly shook her head. "It's nothing..." and yet her face was red with embarrassment.

 

"Unnie,it can't be nothing. Look at you. There must be something. " ga-in convinced, being persistent, stopping at nothing to know what happened.

 

"Ah! Jinjja! It's really nothing. I've nothing to say even if you continue being like this." She waved her hand wildly in the air, trying to brush away Ga-in's thoughts. Looking at ga-in's face, she sighed. "For the last time, nothing happened."

 

"The more I should believe something happened... " That comment drove jea crazy and she went off. Ga-in followed her, leaving an awkward Miryo behind.
 

...

 

After two hour...

 

The three of them waited at the coffee stand along the street for kwon. He volunteered to fetch them back since it was already late and they would arrive home later than expected if they were to take public transport.

 

Miryo saw her dongsaeng's easily recognisable Mercedes parked beside them. The three then got into the car. To get to where jea and ga-in stayed, the car would have to pass by miryo's apartment. Thus, Miryo alighted first before kwon send the other two girls home.

 

"Our lovely JeA noona, I see you've got a beautiful necklace. A beautiful necklace befits a beautiful lady. May I know who's that lucky guy?" He said his honeyed words as he looked at her occasionally in the mirror. JeA muffled her giggle. "He's your hyung."

 

"Seulong?" He acted exactly like how Ga-in did, as if he didn't know anthing when he did. It was noticeable to JeA that her necklace was attracting too much of an attention. It was just a necklace. She felt a little suspiscion to this, however, it did not come into her mind that both played a part but she paid no attention to it. "You guys have the same taste." She commented.

 

OF course they did. They were the ones who picked the necklace after all. However, the thought of it made Kwon naturally refute, "Noona! No! Impossible!" Ga-in cringed a little. "Unnie, how could it be?" She said, following Kwon's words. It hurts a little, proving that Kwon was really not interested in her.

 

Somehow, JeA felt the need to share with the both of them. It was troubling her and it was all because of the indecisiveness of that Babo Ong.

 

"Kwonnie-ah." She called hesitantly. Embarrassed and yet, she needed desperate help. Kwon looked at her through the mirror. "To be honest, he didn't do much and that's worrying me."

 

"You mean Seulong? What do you mean?"

 

"I know how he feels about me but... he's procrastinating the confession part." She sighed. "All he did that day was give me the flowers and gift, eat dinner and left. I hinted to him but he seemed not to catch it at all. In the first place, was it the ladies' job to confess?" She continued, a little frustrated.

 

Ga-in smiled, sympathising with JeA. "Unnie, let us help you!"

 

...

 

24th February 2013 (Sunday)

 

"What's missing?" Ga-in repeatedly mumbled to herself. Kwon who sat in the chair by the bed chuckled. "Nothing's missing. Stop worrying." He said in a laid back manner.

 

"I'm very sure something's missing. Really odd for the room to be this empty and dull."

 

"Haven't you done enough? Look at all the stuff you brought into this place this morning. Look at this place. Almost every spot is decorated. It's too fancy. We've been here for hours. Don't tell me you aren't done. " He lazily plop himself on the bed.

 

"Ya!!! What do you think you are doing?" She ran over to him, pushing him away from the bed. "Didn't we spend an hour plus to do up the bed?" She yelled as she she smoothened out the uneven parts of the sheets.

 

"It's not like they're going to use the bed... Omo! Don't tell me that's part of your plan..." He gasped.

 

Ga-in smirked. "What do you think this hotel room is for? It took you 5 hours to figure this out?"

 

Kwon looked at her in disbelief. "You serious?"

 

"Of course I'm serious. What era do you think we're living in?" She said as she poured even more roses onto the bed. "And what do you think the music player and scented candles are for? Didn't it ring a bell upon seeing all of these?" Kwon was still speechless, not expecting her to be this bold. "Noona... you really?"

 

"Why am I even talking about this?" She laughed. "Aish... Don't worry! Just joking! They know their limits. I'm sure. JeA unnie isn't that easy and Ongseul isn't that irresponsible."

 

After much persuasion from Kwon that enough was enough and more decorations would just ruin their effort, both headed to the lobby to wait for JeA.

 

Informed of the time to arrive, JeA was punctual, aware that she should be earlier than Seulong. She spotted them along the counter. "Unnie!" Ga-in waved her hands in the air.

 

"Which room is it?" She asks enthusiastically.

 

"384, level 8."

 

She noticed JeA was fidgeting. "Unnie, are you nervous?"

 

"Noona, calm down. It's only Seulong hyung. There's nothing to be worried about. Just be prepared that hyung won't pop the question." which earned Kwon a glare. "Fine! I'll be silent."

 

"Are you sure he will come? What if..."

 

"Don't be paranoid. He will come to meet his love. He wouldn't dare try not coming." JeA froze at such mushy words. "You'll hear thing much worse later."Ga-in added.

 

"Are you two following me up?" asked the anxious JeA. "We wouldn't want to be a disturbance. You'll have a sweeter time with hyung witout us."

 

...

 

The two silently stood outside the room with their ears leaned against the wooden door. They promised to give the couple their private time but their curiousity lead them to infringe on the couple's privacy.

 

"Can you hear anything?" Kwon tried to whisper.

 

"Mwo?" Ga-in couldn't hear what he says. She then signalled him not to talk.

 

Meanwhile...

 

JeA slowly ate the steak in front of her , expecting him to take action anytime soon. Seulong seemed tense. "He must be prepared I guess. He must be waiting for the right moment." She thought confidently.

 

First bite of the steak... Nothing was spoken. "Expected... We just arrived." She comforted herself.

 

Half the steak gone... Nothing was spoken... JeA started worrying. "Kim Hyo Jin, nothing can go wrong with this... there's still half a steak to go." She ate even slower, hoping to delay the end of the date.

 

(Words in italics: Kwon and Ga-in)

 

"Why can't I even hear anything? Thirty minutes already!" She mumbled, forgetting to whisper in a moment of frustration.

 

"Ya! Noona!" Kwon whispered, "That was loud!"

 

Last remaining piece of steak... Nothing was spoken... Nothing... They remained silent throughout the slow dinner. "How could it be? What should I do?" She started panicking. She didn't dare to eat the last piece, fearing the chance would go just like this. However, Seulong was staring at her, signalling her to eat that last piece since Seulong had long finished his. She had no choice but to eat. They sat silently and awkwardly across the stretched table. At this point, she completely gave up. "Maybe next time?" She hoped.

 

"Let's go," She said as she picked up her bag near the entrance.

 

"What?!" Kwon gasped. "Should we hide somewhere?"

 

Just then, they heard a manly voice from inside the room. There's hope.

 

"Noona! Don't go yet!" He said as he ran to the door and blocked her way. He knew she was angry from the way she walked to the door hastily.

 

Jea stopped. She looked up at the tall seulong. "Could it be?"

 

She looked at expectantly, heart pumping wildly. "This is the moment..." she thought as she braced herself.
 

"The room's booked for the night. Stay a little longer, noona. "

 

"Waeyo? Why should I? " she said, childishly.

 

"Noona, you're angry, aren't you?"

 

"Who's angry?"

 

"Noona, just stay, will you?"

 

"Tell me why first." She demanded.

 

"Noona..."

 

"I'm going!" She pushed him aside and continued walking.

 

"Noona, fine!" He yelled. Jea turned around, crossing her arms.

 

He walked closer to her and when he's about 2 feet away, he paused. "Noona, I like you. No! I mean, I love you, noona! "

 

Jea giggled like a child. She smiled so widely. Finally got what she called happiness ever since she was orphaned.

 

Seulong approached her, nearing her. She clung herself to his neck and gave him a giant bear hug, leaning her face on just chest, jumping merrily while doing so. He reciprocated by hugging her back gently. "I was going to kiss you though..." he mumbled, unheard by jea.

 

"Let's leave them alone," Ga-in said as softly as she could while pointing to the lift. They lightly walked away until they entered the lift.

 

"Now it's their turn to clear the room..."

 

.........................................................................................................................................

 

Spoiler: the scene you guys are all waiting for * smirks*