Character Analysis

Forget Me Not

Its part 2 character analysis!!! Where's part one? Its written in the foreword of the story if you remember. In there, i haven't written any chapters yet so a proper analysis will reveal too much. So here's part 2 since the story is nearing its end. Will do part three when the story ends. I'm doing this since it gives me an opportunity to explain and justify the actions of certain characters which i might have missed in writing the chapters and understand the story more^^ probably not many will read this but i do hope you do and please do leave comments if you can~ I'm also doing this since it's fun for me. I've always liked planning fanfic plots and describing characters^^ moreover, doing this will allow me to understand my story better so bear with me on this chapter. Hopefully its not boring.

Woo! Let's start with the minor characters! I beg you not to skip to the end BTW. Or don give up reading at this point since I'm going to write a lot for the main characters.

Jinwoon
Not much to say about him actually. He is hardly mentioned and only appears in a few scenes with little lines. All i can say is he is the cute kind of playboy. Women falls for his killer eye smiles and other cute attributes. Miryo always had a soft spot for them although he didn't have feelings for him... yet.

Changmin
Narsha's boyfriend. A really normal guy. Not cute or the opposite. He's kwill's close friend from the army.

Narsha
Changmin's girlfriend. She's the most in her clique. She is a social butterfly and that's why she's talkative. She's also really witty especially when it comes to. ... humour.

JeA
Seulong's girlfriend. She's the noisiest and the most laidback. That's also why Ga-in chooses her as her confidante since she always seemed to be so optimistic and has her soft motherly side as well. Anywhere with her will just turn up the atmosphere. She seems to be the kind of girl who talks without thinking, appearing insensitive and yet straightforward. It's her charm! But because she's really straightforward, no one would ever think of her as shy since she expresses her feelings without hiding. That's why when she does hide her feelings for seulong, people knew just from her expressions alone. Her face easily expresses her feelings. She can't hide things from others since she's terrible at that. Don't forget she's the one who shared Ga-in's secret last two chapters to the other unnies and embarrassing the couple with her insensitivity.

Seulong

He's JeA's boyfriend. A really indecisive guy. It was this trait of his that hindered his confession to JeA. He is also the joker, really similar to JeA since he is equally noisy. He doesn't really have a proper job since he lacks commitment. He's always doing part-time and stays at home whenever he's not working. JeA had always been hinting at their marriage but since he lacks the funds for the basic security of a marriage, he tries to avoid it, delaying it without even trying to start working for their marriage. He likes fun rather than work. He pokes fun at others, especially at Ga-in for being a workaholic, the other extreme. People call him 'Babo Ong' due to his immaturity.

Miryo

She'll be Jinwoon's crush soon. She's a very quiet and shy person. She's the one who'll just sit in the corner, observing everyone's actions and words, judges them on the inside, typical of a Scorpion with blood type A. Once in a while, she'll speak. She's easily embarrassed by her friends since she's so proper but her friends are all loud and noisy. Easily jealous is also another trait of a blood type A Scorpio. She's jealous of JeA being the one Seulong loves but she restrains her jealousy by forcing herself to admit that she and Seulong will never be together and she must look forward. But until now, she never got over this no matter how hard she tries. It's Jinwoon who helps her out of this mess.

Lizzy

She's a really innocent and nice girl. In her last year in uni and starts her internship in Kwon's workplace as a intern journalist. She puts others above herself and when Kwon rejects her, she decides to give Ga-in and him her blessings. But after Ga-in's scandal with Kwill, she feels that her generosity wasn't met with much appreciation since her carelessness had resulted in her relationship with Kwon to turn sour, even hurting her loved Kwon. She realised that she should have thought for herself first and be more self-centred. Since then, she changed. She's still quiet and hardworking but her focus is no longer on her colleagues or her friends and instead, for her own interest. She lies to Ga-in and everyone else that she and Kwon are dating, hoping for Ga-in to give up so that she stands a greater chance to be with Kwon again.

Kwill

He seems to be the really mature gentlemen on the appearance, be it work or his social life. But whenever he's alone, he's silly, childish side of him appears. He, as a child, didn't have much friends and Ga-in was his first close friend since her birth. He's an orphan even before his first birthday so he was really envious of Ga-in for having a really joyful family despite their poor background before the accident. He is brought up by his aunt and lives with Lizzy, his cousin as well. He always had a passion for singing and tried his best to join an agency in his teen years. It was only when he decides to be practical and focus on studying in uni that he got an offer from an entertainment agency. Also in his teen years, other than frequently busking in the streets to get some allowance money, he spent his time looking for Ga-in through various means. Even when he became a singer successfully, he still continued, now with money, hiring PI illegally to search for his long-lost friend. He soon falls for Ga-in after they reunite. But he knows she belongs to Kwon and not him. Still, he doesn't give up and decides to wait for her until she gets over Kwon.

Jokwon

He seems to be really feminine with his comic behaviour and not having a girlfriend at the age of 24. He, however, is a different person at work. He remains very professional behind the scenes but on TV or on paper, he uses his witty and comic actions to attract the likes of the public as a reporter/journalist. He is the highest paying journalist in South Korea and is the richest among his friends. However, he can also be really naive. He thinks that Ga-in would definitely forgive him and forget the hurtful things he said to her just because it was a white lie. He also used to be loggerheads with Ga-in but more of a best friend kind rather than enemies. They will always argue on really childish issues but when one gets hurt, the other will care. He treats Ga-in like his sister and as a woman later. He always seemed to be very protective of Ga-in, especially from Kwill whom he thinks had an ulterior motive for getting close to her. He forgives her no matter what and tries his best to bring her back to her feet (he helped her with getting out of her sasaeng fan life). It was only in the scandal Ga-in had that he, instead of comforting her like he always do, inflicted the most hurt in the name of 'helping' her.

Ga-in

She is a cool, chic woman who focuses a lot on her career. She's labelled as a workaholic. It was because of her wanting to compensate for her merry sasaeng life back in high school that she puts in lots of effort during university and now her career. Just like Kwon, she is very professional and hardworking but one difference is that she is without limits. She's one of the senior accountants in her firm and usually gets the major projects. She is also a workaholic possibly due to her loneliness. She dwells herself in work since she has no family, no boyfriends and only a few friends who have their own life to lead. It's Kwon who cares for her the most and that's why she's really close to him & in fact, had secret feelings for him which she tries to deny. She loves Kwon more than her career and hence, during the scandal, she would rather have Kwon and not her work. But Kwon wants to leave her so that she can have her career back. She's hurt not just because of his hurtful words but also because she feels that Kwon doesn't really understand what she really wants in her life which is simply just love. She is also feisty and sometimes, the other end, cool, collected and quiet. She shuffles in between the two in different situations. Her feisty character is a facade to her true lonely self. On the inside, she's lonely and insecure, hence, becoming cold and chic. When she's insulted or ridiculed (for example, about her small eyes or orphan background), she puts up her feisty front but gets hurt behind the front. The feisty front nearly becomes part of her everyday life so whenever she's talking with her friends, she appears to be feisty chic. Throughout the story, she falls even further for Kwon and also feels love & care from him. She feels more secure and hence, the need for her feisty facade decreases. She appears more lovable and adorable and that's until the scandal kicks in. She's back to her cold chic self but this time, she didn't even bother to put on her feisty front. She felt worse than when she was in Jeju since her hopes for being with Kwon went up after the trip. But the greater the hopes, the greater the disappointment. She appears more hurt now than she is in chapters 18-26. She is also very collected and calm in sticky situations (because her life seemed to have many obstacles she overcame hence she is much more immune to surprise challenges than others) which adds on to her chic image. She doesn't express her hurt as much as others do. She recovers faster than others do (or maybe like Kim Eana said, she learned to hide her sadness which is even more harmful to her mentally). You can see that she easily acts like she is really okay in less than a month (in chapter 32 where she tries out her wedding gown). Lastly, she wears lots of eyeliner because she's always ridiculed when she was in school barefaced. (NOT REALLY IMPORTANT)

I'm done I guess. I didn't miss out anyone... right? Ga-in's description is really long since this is a Ga-in centric fanfiction. Might be confusing and I hope I didn't confuse you even further rather than filling the gaps in the story. Thanks for reading as well^^ Leave your comments at the bottom please:) Will update next chapter somewhere during the weekends.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuHOGFdY6HI]

Finally found one real Kwill-Kwon interaction^^

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hrt3mbVFWI]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH9FUqomTJw]

3 Ga-in-Kwill interactions in real life.