Gift

Forget Me Not

Wednesday, 13th February 2013, 8pm

 

"Omo! This is unnie's style!" Ga-in pointed enthusiastically to the diamond heart pendent encased in the glass cabinet of a jewelery shop. She, Seulong and Kwon were out to help Seulong select a Valentine's Day gift.

 

Seulong then asked the promoter to take out the pendent. "Son Ga-in, didn't know you have such good taste!" He exclaimed, thinking he was complimenting her when in fact, his words were an insult.

 

"Im Ong-seul! My taste has always been good!" Seulong paid no attention to her screams he was used to and instead, focused all of his attention onto the beautiful pendent which seemingly only suited his beautiful JeA. JeA was in for a surprise candle-lit dinner in an Italian Restaurant where he planned to give her a hint of his interest for her. "Ya! What hint? You're supposed to confess to her, not drop hints. Unnie knows so well how you feel for her. Be a man and confess!" He remembered their conversation on the way to the shop. His pride made him look as if he paid no heed to her advice but he was secretly contemplating her idea. His anxiety, however, was the force against it. He was afraid of being rejected and losing even his friendship with JeA. "Babo! JeA noona likes you. It's so obvious. Don't be paranoid!" Kwon said.

 

Kwon caught sight of the neighbouring pearl pendants. Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. Shouldn't he get one for Lizzy? None of the three knew nothing about Lizzy's taste. He sighed. Although they might not buy one that Lizzy likes best, Ga-in can definitely help in giving advices. Thus, he asked her. Ga-in was reminded about Lizzy and of course kept silent about the bitterness she felt. The only time she had to hide her emotions and fake a smile in front of Kwon...

 

She slides her finger on the surface of the glass cabinet and stopped right above a bear-shaped pendant. "This! Lizzy-ssi seemed cute so this the best option." She insisted.

 

Kwon trusted her so he went along with her choice. Seulong and Kwon approached the counter to make their payment. "Please wrap them nicely," Seulong politely instructed the cashier. They took the gifts and made their way out when he saw Ga-in admiring a pendant at the other end of the shop.

 

"I'll buy you one if you like," Kwon's voice from behind shocked Ga-in.

 

Before she could refuse, he called for the salesgirl to remove the pendant Ga-in had been staring at from the cabinet and paid for it. Ga-in couldn't stop him so she decided to pay for it. Kwon knew what she was up to so he rushed to the cashier to pay with his card. "I'll pay. Since this may be the only Valentine's gift you will be getting." Seulong laughed. "Our Gainnie will probably stay in the office till late hours before going straigt home tomorrow. Aigoo... Son Ga-in, good luck! Fighting!"

 

...

 

Meanwhile, at Kwill's home...

 

He took out a silver bracelet. He stared at it dearly. It was the bracelet he managed to buy for Ga-in with his savings just after their seperation. "I'll give this to her if I ever meet her again." With this hope he had, his determination was heightened to save up the money with his pocket money and his first pay he got from his first part time job. Finally, he had a chance to give this to her. The bracelet was a symbol of their reunion and he must let her have it. He picked Valentine's Day as the best moment to give it to her since Ga-in would feel awkward if she received one for "no" reason. Kwill knew perfectly well that she may still feel uncomfortable the next day but he must not miss this rare opportunity.

 

As much as the effort put in and importance of the bracelet were the main reasons to ask her out on Valentine's Day, he had another reason as well. It was initially unjustifiable. This feeling that I have... Now, it wasn't vague at all. He was clear of how he felt but he wasn't in denial at all. In fact, he acknowledged it but didn't know what to do about it. That's why he decided to take a step at a time. He'll just meet her the next day to give her the bracelet and see how it goes.

 

He sent a message to her, apologising for the late request. Just like expected, she didn't refuse and agreed to meet him at the private restaurant he booked near Ga-in's workplace at 6pm, hoping it would be convenient for her to travel between the short distance.

 

......................................................................................................................................................................

 

No one tried to guess *cries*. It's no fun this way but I have to reveal already...

 

SPOILER:

 

Valentine's Day!

 

Please comment^^