The Wedding Night

Forget Me Not

8pm

 

The couple finally stepped into their new bungalow for the first time with their luggages. Behind them were Ga-in's friends and Kwill's manager helping out with the moving after a 3 hour break from the wedding ceremony. The apartment was bought over by Kwill's agency and was already furnished upon moving.

 

"Wow!!! Gain-ah... This is such a huge place!" Narsha praised as she pulled Changmin up the stairs.

 

The rest looked about the rooms in the first floor, inspecting every corner of the house.

 

"How much did your agency pay?" Seulong asked Kwill, amazed by the generosity of the agency.

 

"About 1.5 billion won including the furniture... (S$ 1.5 million est.)" He replied, earning the shock from the others.

 

"You have to buy a house like this for me you understand?" JeA forced Seulong who sighed heavily. This was the nth time JeA's been hinting for a proposal. By then, Miryo had given up fully on Seulong, knowing that there's no hope for herself. She didn't regret about not being honest about how she felt since Seulong had no feelings for her anyway. Whether or not she confessed, whether or not she felt inferior about her older age, the outcome would still be the same. She comforted herself with this thought. It's fated. It had nothing to do with her decisions; there's no regrets  and she should continue with her life, leave this disappointment behind her. She walked away from the crowd towards the garden feeling down.

 

"BOO!" Someone popped out from behind the sliding door to the garden which gave Miryo a great shock, given that the garden was pitch dark at night time. It was Jinwoon playing a trick on her.

 

"Miryo noona! Mianhae. I wasn't expecting you. Wanted to scare Narsha noona and hyung when they come down from the second floor," He apologised as he pointed to the staircase near the sliding door. Miryo gave a slight smile but he took it as a sign that she's taking it more seriously than he thought.

 

"You aren't angry, are you?" Jinwoon asked with his signature aegyo eye smile. Miryo smiled for real since she always had a soft spot for Jinwoon's aegyo.

 

"You guys are there?" Kwill's manager, Kyungsun spotted the two at the dark spot. "Aren't you two afraid? The garden's so dark." She went towards the garden to switch on the lamps outside.

 

...

 

9.25pm

 

After unpacking and helping out with the basic housework, the clique went back home to rest. Kwill and Ga-in continued to unpack and place their belongings around the house. Since the house is big enough, they not only can have their separate rooms but also a visitor bedroom which they can use as their bedroom if anyone who don't know about the secret visits. They made sure they placed fake pictures of themselves around the house and their wedding photo in their supposed bedroom. They even put some of their belongings in that bedroom to make it look even less suspicious. And if anyone asks what the other rooms are for, they will lie that they are for Kwill's aunt and Lizzy whenever they want to stay over.

 

Noticing Ga-in yawning from time to time and her half-shut eyes which looked like they're closed, Kwill urged her to go to sleep ahead of him. Of course Ga-in rejected his idea and continued with mopping the floor.

 

...

 

10.15pm

 

They're finally done with everything and the two plopped themselves onto the couch for a quick rest. Ga-in got up first to take a shower while Kwill waited for his turn. After Ga-in got into the shower, he felt the urge to walk into her room. He did so. He sauntered about the room, pausing at some areas to take a good look at her belongings. One of her belongings struck him the most.

 

It was a white rabbit plush toy, now dirty white but not yet torn. He remembered how he spent his nine-months worth of savings to get his first gift to Ga-in when he was about six while Ga-in was still in her mum's womb. The sweet little boy then, upon hearing the good news of his kind neighbour being pregnant, made up his mind with resolution to put aside his small amount of savings everyday until he saved enough for a toy as a gift to the newborn.

 

He remembered how Ga-in always hugged the plush toy to sleep and how stinky it smelled due to her drool. She would cry whenever her mum took away the toy from her for washing and hence, it never got a wash before, remaining stinky. She liked the smell of it though. Whenever she's upset, she'll take sniffs. Whenever she felt that Kwill's bullying her, she attacks him with the stinky doll.

 

He held the doll and then took a sniff. It smells as stinky as it used to but right now, he missed it so badly he didn't mind.

 

Just then, the door opened and the sound of it made Kwill jump in shock. He quickly put the doll back to its original position but that just made Ga-in, who's at the door, notice that he's touching her doll. He quickly walked out of the room before she questions him. Noticing his odd behaviour, she found it weird but didn't think too much about it.

 

...

 

Kwill knocked on her door and opened it when Ga-in told him to come in. He sat next to her on the bed.

 

"Gain-ssi, I'll just call you Ga-in from now on?" He started.

 

Ga-in nodded. "I'll call you Hyungsoo?"

 

"Why not 'oppa'?" He asked as if he's joking but he really wished she would call him that just like when she was younger.

 

"It's awkward to call anyone that. I'm not even cute or young." She replied chicly. However, it suddenly hit on her that her husband is sitting next to her on her bed, asking her to call him 'oppa'. She felt awkward all of the sudden and Kwill could tell from her looks that she was feeling uncomfortable by his presence.

 

"Gain-ah, you said you had amnesia when you were younger right?" He tried to move on to his real purpose of coming to her room. "Do you have the slightest recollection of what happened before that?"

 

Ga-in was surprised by the unexpected question. Maybe he wants to know me a little better now that we're married?

 

"I tried to remember but I couldn't. I do feel familiar to my old belongings and photos when I see them but I can't really remember..." She said which disappointed him.

 

"But there's no point in that actually. I've lived for about another 20 years which already makes up the majority of my life.  In fact, I don't want to remember how my early childhood was like. I don't want to remember anything about my parents who passed away in the same accident which caused my amnesia. Maybe my amnesia is a blessing in disguise. It made me continue my life easily without looking back. I never felt the depression of losing my own parents. I know I sound heartless but I don't remember how it's like to be with my parents. I feel nothing about them except the fact that they are my parents." She continued calmly.

 

It bothered Kwill that his precious memories with her wasn't her precious memories. It was gone from her mind. Everything. He expected that. He's upset that the loss of those memories didn't bother her at all and that she even didn't want them back. He understands that she's not heartless. He knows that she had no idea how precious those memories were to the two.

 

"I want to be with you forever! Let's stay like this forever!" The young, simple Ga-in sang in a random tune.

 

If only the present Ga-in ever knew how badly her younger self wanted to be with him and hold on to the good memories with him.

 

"Since I shared something about myself, you have to answer my questions too!" She laughed when she noticed Kwill seemed to be taking this a little too seriously.

 

"Tell me honestly. Have you dated before? Or ever liked someone?" She asked with her fangirl mode switched on.

 

"Mwo?!" Kwill can't help but smile, at that moment indulged in the unrealistic thought of her interested in him even though he knows she's not.

 

"Tell me. Tell me." She tried to elicit an answer from him.

 

"No."

 

"Aww... Don't lie."

 

... "Okay. I like someone. Now. But not dating yet." He said honestly. It's okay as long as he doesn't reveal who it is.

 

"Who?" Her eyes widened.

 

"You don't know." He tried to brush her off. "Wait... Why are you so happy? I thought fans will protest if their idol likes another girl? Moreover, I'm your husband now."

 

The two laughed it off. And that's how they spent their wedding night. Having a friendly chat.

 

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Nothing really dramatic about this chapter. Leading slowly to the next problem. I hope it's not that easy to guess...

Please comment^^ I'll be more motivated to continue writing^^ *hints*

 

SPOILER:

She saw him. On the streets. What should she do now? She's been trying so hard to avoid him for months and it's going to be awkward to see him now.