A Chance Encounter (2)

Forget Me Not

Next day...

 

Jokwon was seated in front of the office desk, just like any other day. What he did not expect next will brighten up the day, or maybe even for the next few months.

 

The sound of heels clicking got louder and apparent to his ears. He was into his second year of his career as a main reporter for one of the main newspapers in South Korea. Given his wit , he climbed up the career ladder quickly within a year. Thus, he was the head supervisor in the office and there is a low possibility that the heels belonged to any of his female superiors since he wasn't working in the headquarters. There's no females working in his office too. So who could she be?

 

The door opened, just like he expected. A lady stood there, staring at him, as if lost. It wasn't his superior from the headquarters. It was her, the girl he met yesterday at the restaurant.

 

Flabbergasted, he just responded by staring at her. "It's her... What is she doing here?" The words could not even leave his mouth.

 

She walked towards him, equally surprised. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Park Soo Young. You can also call me Lizzy. I'm a university student from Kyung Hee University. I'll be on internship from today onwards. I asked the information counter and they told me to look for you in your office for instructions." She said as she tried to be as formal and professional as she could, bowing slightly.

 

"Eh? Uh... Please Sit." He said, still slightly confused. Being polite, he stood up to bow , waited for her to sit before he sat.

 

"What can I do for you?" He asked, after clearing his throat, regaining his sanity(?). Lizzy looked at him with confusion.

 

"I mean..." He rummaged his drawer, looking for the file with her particulars which was only given the day before. How could he forget such an important matter?

 

"Ah! Found it!" He took out the file clumsily, though it safely landed on the desk even with his trembling fingers. He fumbled with the pages , reading what should be instructed to her for her first day of her internship although he wasn't in the state of mind to be conscious of what he was reading.

 

It took him a minute to realise what he should be doing. "I'll walk you to your desk." He said as he stood up, leading her out of the office to her desk. Lizzy sat before her desk when he place a file before her.

 

"Your job until lunch time is to read the contents of the file. If you have any enquiries, look me up in my office." He smiled. Lizzy nodded gently and started reading. Jokwon walked towards his office, glancing over to where Lizzy was. "What a small world ... again..." He thought. He already met Kwill's cousin and she happened to be an intern under him.

 

Half his day was spent glancing out of the window, keeping watch on Lizzy's actions. How she lifts her teacup gently, sipping the tea slowly. How she smiles like a goddess to everyone who passes her desk. He was mesmorised even more. How could there be such a beautiful, demure girl who behaves like an angel exists? He always thought no such girl ever existed outside of dramas.

 

5pm...

 

Ga-in walked out of the building, only to see rain clouds hovering in the sky. It was getting darker and darker by the seconds. Rain could fall any moment. Just as Ga-in tried to run across the street from the building, someone tapped her shoulder from behind. She turned back to see Kwill with an umbrella.

 

"Get into the car." He gently pushed her to the car while sheltering from the raindrops without even giving a chance for her to refuse.

 

"It's okay, I can go home myself."

 

"Just go in." He pushed her into the car.

 

After entering the car, she looked over to Kwill. He was about to speak when  she said "Samsung-dong".

 

Kwill shook his head.

 

"Aren't you fetching me home?" She asked.

 

"I'm bringing you to see someone." He said while he started driving off.

 

"Nugu? (who?)"

 

"You'll know later," He said with a smile.

 

Throughout the ride, Ga-in kept badgering him to reveal the identity of that person in secret but to no avail.

 

"Don't ask. You won't want the car to crash right?" That was all he said to her.

 

They arrived at a place which was too familiar to Ga-in. The same road... Same lane... Even the same building...

 

"This place..."

 

Kwill parked the car beside the building. Ga-in was bewildered.

 

"Ga-in-ssi, aren't you getting out of the car?"

 

Kwill dragged her out of the car, into the building and then into the lift. Never did she expect it was that level out of the 100. "Even the same level???"  She couldn't believe it.

 

Walking out of the lift, she knew what to expect. "Kwill... how did he know of this place... Is the person he wants me to meet... It must be him! But why and how?"

 

Entering the office, she saw him, not surprising. He was with a girl. "Didn't he say there aren't any females in his office?" She thought as she stared at him doubtfully.

 

Kwill smiled and also walked towards their direction.

 

"Oppa! You're here!" The girl waved her hand in the air with much liveliness after he caught sight of Kwill. Jokwon looked in the direction of her sight. "Ga-in... and Kwill?!"

 

"Oppa! He is my supervisor, Jo Kwon," she introduced. Kwill initiated a hand shake which Jokwon responded to.

 

"Who's this, oppa?" She asked as she looked at the confused Ga-in.

 

"She's one of my fan. Special fan..."  He then turned to Ga-in. "Ga-in-ssi, she's Lizzy, my cousin."

 

Lizzy hugged her and then shook hands with her. "I'm Lizzy. Your oppa's favourite dongsaeng! Keke... Nice to meet you, Ga-in-ssi... unnie!"

 

All along, Ga-in had a confused look on her face which Kwill was concerned about. "What's wrong Ga-in-ssi? Are you okay?"

 

She wasn't okay. How could it be so coincidental? Her idol's cousin works for her close friend and he didn't even tell her anything about it.

 

"I'm okay. Just that Jokwon is actually my friend." She reassured Kwill.

 

"Wow! We're fated to meet!" Lizzy laughed.

 

"I didn't know that! It's Lizzy's first day here as an intern. I wanted to fetch her home personally and to also meet up with you."

 

That night...

 

"Oppa, what's your relationship with Ga-in-ssi?" Lizzy asked.

 

"Waeyo?"

 

"Why would you, an idol, make friends with a fan, moreover, bring her to see me?"

 

Kwill knew she would ask that.

 

"Lizzy-ah, do you remember what I told you about my childhood friend  who got seperated with us?"

 

"She's Ga-in-ssi?" Lizzy was astonished. "How could it be? Isn't she your fan?"

 

"She suffered from amnesia, remember? She couldn't remember me at all. She coincidentally became a fan of mine after losing her memory, that's why..."


What they did not know was that Ga-in had the exact same questions as Lizzy...

 

...............................................................................................................................................................

 

Tried my best to write a long chapter since it's my one week school holiday now. I even planned out the story outline already so it'll no longer be impromptu writing:) I just have to say it'll be a long story...

 

It'll be the birthday event next chapter, so more adam family interactions:)

 

Thank you for reading^^