Jeju

Forget Me Not

Ga-in sits directly opposite the sweet couple, apparently annoyed at the sight of them. It was impossible to not hear any of their  sweet conversation but she tried  to distract herself with the ocean outside the windows. That’s right, they’re on the boat to Jeju for Kwon’s date with Lizzy but Ga-in had to be the gooseberry at the last minute. Kwon, however, was not disappointed with her presence which was unlike him. He knew there had to be something about it  but just couldn’t realise the reason for the change in him. Lizzy, of course, was a little perturbed as she felt awkward. She had full trust for Ga-in and thus had no idea how Ga-in was a potential threat.

 

“Oppa!” Lizzy shoved a slice of orange into Kwon’s mouth. He looked at her dearingly before opening his mouth to eat the orange slice. She smiled at his smile. “I guess I finally understood how a person’s smile can be this influential.”

 

Ga-in’s eyeballs tilted towards her left towards the couple with her face facing the direction of the window on her right. Succumbed to jealousy, she can’t help but to keep watch on the every actions of the soon-to-be couple even if it is uncomfortable for her to bear with it. Lizzy knew she was watched but she ignored her. Kwon looked up from his mp3 player he was listening to with Lizzy to see Ga-in glaring at them but flinched when she looked at Kwon in the eye.

 

“If you feel uncomfortable, why did you even come? You said you’re giving us a surprise right? What’s it?” He started asking the minute his girl fell asleep.

 

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you.” She tried.

 

It’s because I’m jealous, you babo…

 

 

The jealous girl walked directly behind the ‘couple’, hiding her jealousy with her chic facade. The two of them admired the beautiful scenery which surrounded them the moment they stepped out of the boat terminal whereas Ga-in’s attention was fully on the intimacy of them who were apparently blind to her presence. She didn’t like the sight in front of her a single bit but she had to be there to safeguard Kwon against Lizzy. Being there gives her a slight sense of security but even then, she was still intimidated by the progress of their relationship.

 

The thrill the ‘couple’ felt was only momentarily. Dark heavy clouds started to drift across the already orange sky which put a frown on Lizzy’s face. Kwon, noticing the quick change in Lizzy’s expression, pat her back to comfort her. “We’re not going to stop right?” She pleaded. Kwon smiled but the rain came quicker than expected. The sudden drizzle set the ‘couple’ running to look for shelter. Kwon turned back from a distance to see Ga-in staring blankly at him. “Ya! It’s raining!” He yelled at her. This shocked Ga-in into realisation.

 

“It’s raining??? Omo!” She mumbled and then ran towards the cafe Kwon and Lizzy were heading.  Unfortunately, the heel she was wearing started to become a little wobbly and she lost her balance. Her knees landed with an impact onto the wet grass with her right ankle sprained. Instinctively, she looked for Kwon who did not notice her, still running with Lizzy. She smiled bitterly.

 

Hurt, she picked herself up and struggled to make her way to the cafe.

 

Upon reaching the cafe, Kwon wiped Lizzy’s face and limbs. “Aigoo… why didn’t you run faster?”

 

“Oppa!” Giggling like a child who won an enormous teddy bear in a circus, she reciprocated and wiped Kwon’s forehead.

 

The sight was bad enough to make her weary body feel heavier as she trudged her way there. She felt extremely vulnerable and emotional at that time, tearing and muffling her sobs. The rain wasn’t a bad thing after all; they wouldn’t be able to tell she had been crying. She wasn’t upset about Kwon not noticing her but she felt so alone looking at how happy the other two were. She knew she had to accept the fact Kwon belonged to Lizzy after all but a tiny part of her continued to give her hope. It was only today she learned to not give herself false hope and accept reality as it is. It was a hurtful uncomfortable truth, especially after allowing herself to indulge in her fantasy.

 

She stopped in her tracks for she didn’t have the energy or the determination to continue. She could hardly see with tears on her eyes. It was after a minute a shadow was cast over her petite body and rain stopped falling on her. She forced open her eyes. “Kwon-ah…”

 

“Son Ga-in! What’s wrong with you?! Standing in the rain like this? Are you mad?” She tried even harder to stop her tears from flowing out of her eyes.

 

Just in time, a taxi stopped just beside her along the road. “Kwonnie-ah. I need to go now.” She said as she walked to the taxi. Kwon was bewildered.

 

“Noona, where? You don’t look well. Are you okay?” He tried to stop her and saw her expressionless face with puffy eyes.

 

“The hotel.” She briefly said. Kwon tried his best to hold her back but she left in the taxi.

 

“Oppa, unnie… where did she go?” Lizzy asked as she approached the confused Kwon.

 

“I don’t know either.” He turned to Lizzy. “I’ll check on her. Sorry, I can’t accompany you to the night parade later. Is it okay for you to go alone?”

 

She nodded and Kwon immediately hopped onto another taxi to look for Ga-in.

 

 

“Noona!” Kwon called when he saw a pale-looking Ga-in right in front of him. She immediately turned back and hopped her way to the bed. “Why are you here?” She asked sharply.

 

“Your leg… Since when?” Ga-in refused to answer and laid herself on the bed. It was inevitable that Kwon felt the coldness from her but he assumed all of these were due to her not feeling well.

 

He searched the room for some cold water and cloth. He sat on the foot of the bed gently and raised her right leg, letting it rest on his lap. Carefully applied pressure on the ankle with the ice cold cloth.

 

Ga-in felt confused. If he didn’t care about her, why would he abort his plans of his date with Lizzy? Because she is a friend he cared for? Or was it because…

 

She didn’t know what gave her the courage but she sat up and hugged Kwon. They remained like this for ten minutes. Her ears leaned against his chest and what she heard encouraged her from the earlier event. The extremely quick beating of his heart.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

 

The last part was a little rushed. I apologise for that. I have been on semi-hiatus since a month ago with the release of chapter 19 and I will only start updating regularly in November. I also apologise if it’s not good enough. It’s just very awkward writing extremely emotional or romantic chapters. I hope you enjoy it^^

 

SPOILER:

White Day.

 

No one tried to guess AGAIN… TT

 

BTW, BEG is making their comeback!!! I watched some scenes from the movie Kill Bill and now I think I can relate to their new MV teaser.

Brown Eyed Girl’s Kill Bill teaser