Lizzy's rival

Forget Me Not

20th March 2013

 

"Gain-ah, isn't that Kwonnie and Lizzy-ssi?" JeA nudged Ga-in who turned her head back to see the couple she dreaded to see. She kept quiet and continued to sip her Iced coffee, hiding her face as much as possible by looking at the floor and letting her hair cover her face. Unfortunately for Ga-in, her noisy friend started yelling both their names. Both Kwon and Lizzy saw the two girls and headed towards their table. Ga-in cringed. She knew it's going to be hard and awkward meeting the two together. Nonetheless, she put up a fake smile and greeted them with JeA.

It was 6pm then and JeA, being the kind who likes meat, asked, "I bet you guys haven't eaten yet. Since we have four of us here, let's order the jumbo set of samgyupsal! My treat!" Before Kwon and Lizzy could reply, she called for the waiter and gave her orders. Knowing the jumbo set is meant for a group of 8-10, Ga-in smiled at Lizzy, embarrassed. "That's how unnie is. Don't worry too much about trying to finish all. Unnie will finish them in no time."

 

...

 

The order arrived with 8 bottles of soju. JeA immediately sliced the meat like an experienced professional, all in equal sizes. Once cooked, she took a slice and put into the lettuce wrapping with other side dishes. She put the whole wrap into and quickly drank some soju with it directly from the bottle. In a few minutes, she already finished two bottles of soju and Ga-in, knowing her unnie isn't a good drinker, told her to stop since she was the one who drove her here and had to drive her back home. "Unnie, you are driving home, remember?" She tried as she snatched the soju bottle.

"Gain-ah, you're still so controlling... How are you going find a husband? Do you really want to die alone?" She mumbled. "Let me tell you how controlling uri Ga-in is." She turned to Kwon as Ga-in slammed her palms onto her cheeks, embarrassed of what is going to happen.

"Do you remember, Kwonnie-ah? How Ga-in called you everyday to stop you from going out with this girl back in elementary school just because you liked that girl more than Gainnie?"

"Unnie... it's not really true..." She retorted.

Kwon laughed but Lizzy looked at Ga-in, smiling faintly. She knew it does not imply anything as they were young and were very close friends then. But she could not stand the thought of her crush with another woman.

What JeA went on to say, however, evoked further jealousy from her...

"Ga-in might have denied but *hiccup* it's true! Who was the one who kissed Kwonnie right on the cheek in front of the girl just to chase her away? She even stayed there enjoying the kiss until Kwonnie pushed you away." JeA looked at Lizzy who became obviously disturbed. "But Lizzy-ssi, that's when uri Ga-in was 10 so don't take it too seriously."

Still, the thought of Ga-in being her rival became ingrained in her mind. Maybe her love for Kwon wasn't all that safe after all...

 

...

 

Tickets are finally being sold to the public, but of course not before asking for a VIP seat. Needless to say, it was for Ga-in whom he prepared his concert so wholeheartedly for. He wanted to dedicate his hard work for her, the first woman he loves and let her feel it through a spectacular, long-prepared performance. He went to his manager to help reserve a VIP seat through the ticketing company or even pay for the ticket himself if he needs to. Now he has to wait for the perfect time to surprise her...

 

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Short chapter... hope you like it... Problems are arising... Another step closer to problems...

No spoiler for the next chapter. Wanna guess what's going to happen???