Jealous? (1)

Forget Me Not

On New Years eve at the orphanage... ( 2 days later)

 

No One's POV

 

"Noona, you met Kwill?!" Jokwon said as if in doubt of what his hyung told him. The unnies were crowding around Ga-in, congratulating her.

 

Amongst the noisy crowd, Ga-in stared at Changmin. Her stares never failed to turn anyone's legs jelly. Changmin looked away. He failed to keep to his promise.

 

To keep her meeting with Kwill a secret.

 

They could have insisted there was no such meeting. But not when Jinwoon's colleague was there to see for himself. They were too careless to pick a venue near Jinwoon's workplace. The only fault Changmin made was to spill the beans before Ga-in gave him the approval to do so.

 

"Our expensive dinner?" Seulong hinted, smirking at the thought of being able to bully his friend again.

 

"There goes my romantic date with Narsha..." Changmin thought.

 

Ga-in slammed her palm on her forehead. "I'm in deep trouble now..."

 

"So how's Kwill? Is he really that nice?" Jokwon asked.

 

"You think all celebrities are arrogant, do you?" She replied, a little annoyed.

 

"Not all of course but you never know if Kwill's one of them."

 

"Changmin knows him very well. He's not like what you think he is." She yelled, defending her idol.

 

Jokwon kept quiet. Not that he was convinced by what she said but he wanted to give her a break, realising how irritated Ga-in is just by the look on her face. "She'll know his true self one day, for good or bad." He thought. Ga-in hardly gets annoyed. Although she is good tempered, she can't tolerate any comments from her friends when it comes to her idol. That's what worries Jokwon. Her idol can change her temper by so much. He's afraid she's too obsessed. He wasn't worried before since he thought there's no way she's going to have any contact with her idol but now... "How will she feel when she faces reality that Kwill might not be that nice person the public sees him? Or do I have to let her learn the hard way?" He thought.

 

 

After a while...

 

"Should I ask?" He asked himself. They were alone in the hall when the rest were in the garden preparing for the barbeque. He didn't know why the strong urge to ask her that but his curiousity led him to...

 

"Kwill and me. Choose between the two." Jokwon asked when she calmed down a little.

 

"Waeyo? (Why?)" Ga-in asked chicly, not trying to smile. "Not surprising. He likes me. Too obvious," She reasoned in her head when she received the bold, sudden, initially shocking question.

 

"Just curious." He replied indifferently.

 

"Kwill of course." She said while expecting to read jealousy from his face.

 

What she got instead was a i'm-not-surprised smirk, leaving Ga-in a little confused. "So do I count that a sign of jealousy?" She asked herself.

 

"What's so nice about Kwill?" He mumbled as he looked away from her.

 

"Oh, you mean you sing better than him?"

 

Jokwon, at that moment, felt a little bitter to be underestimated by his best friend. He had a beautiful voice which he did not reveal to anyone yet other than his sister. He understands why Ga-in said that but nonetheless, he still felt uncomfortable at the thought of his talent not known, unappreciated.

 

"I'll show you!" He stood up and headed towards the garden, leaving the seated Ga-in surprised. She followed behind, wondering what he's doing. "What does he want to show me? Wait. He wants to show me his singing skills?!" She started giggling at the thought of Jokwon about to embarass himself.

 

Upon reaching the garden, Jokwon went straight to the microphone and stood in front of it. He cleared his throat and started singing, for real!

 

"줄 수 있는게 이 노래 밖에 없다
가진 거라곤 이 목소리 밖에 없다
이게 널 웃게 만들 순 있을지 모르지만
그래도 불러 본다 니가 받아 주길 바래 본다." (singing 2am's This Song)

 

It's so random, everyone was puzzled. What was more surprising is his singing skills they never knew of. Ga-in's jaw dropped. She was taken aback. She never knew he could sing and in fact, sing really well. She was impressed. For a moment, she actually forgot his 'motive' of trying to sway her.

 

Later part of the party...

 

Ga-in got called out again. By Kwill. Through SMS.

 

She was so elated but she had to keep her emotions under control. Nonetheless, her unnies caught her flaring her nose. They know her too well. They knew their maknae was hiding a secret. If she hadn't got out of the place immediately, with the excuse of having to attend her alumni dinner, she wouldn't have got out of there without revealing her secret meeting.

 

She now sat on the bench, waiting for him. She wasn't late, she was relieved but she was to early. There's still 20 minutes before the arranged time.

 

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Short chapter. Couldn't finish by today. I'll seperate this chapter into two parts so I won't further delay updating.

 

Like I promised you, Adam interaction! No spoilers because I don't want to reveal too much. Nothing shocking for the next chapter actually but revealing too much will be boring. Next chapter should be short as well since it's half a chapter.

 

Forgive me for dragging this half-chapter for a week.

 

Please comment as well:)