Photo Frame

Forget Me Not

Kwill focused between the road and Ga-in via the mirror. They were ten minutes into their journey back home from the restaurant and he hasn't found the mouth to ask her about her meeting with Kwon.

 

Ga-in's eyes did meet his when she looked at the mirror in front of her. She instinctively looked away, feeling that Kwill is about to question her about Kwon. She remembered seeing his stern look as he was staring at Kwon through the window earlier.

 

The car finally stopped at the porch of their house. She remained in her seat. Kwill was about to get out when she suddenly spoke, " Don't you have something to ask?"

 

"Eh?" Kwill was caught off guard.

 

"About Kwon and I?" She asked.

 

He breathed deeply. "Why are you with him?" He asked after mustering his courage. "I know it's a fake marriage we're in. But..." He tried to find an excuse for his curiousity.

 

"I understand. The public may misunderstand. Don't worry. We are just friends. We didn't do anything to arouse suspicion from others." She explained coolly when Kwill didn't meant that at all.

 

"Ah... I see..." He acted as if his worries were addressed but his real question wasn't answered yet. Why was she with him?

 

Kwill was contemplating to ask her again but she got off the car before he could ask. "Forget it." He thought. "What has it got to do with me anyway?"

 

...

 

Five days later... (4th September 2013)

 

Ga-in continued with her daily chores as soon as she got home from work. Thankfully, Kwill had already done the laundry and toilet washing this morning before work so she's only left with mopping the floor. Seeing that Ga-in had a long day at work, he had to do help her with mopping as well.

 

They were thinking of hiring a maid who will come in while they're out to clean up the place. Both of them have unstable working hours so housework might be a chore for them especially when the amount of housework is greater than usual due to the size of the house. But that would mean the maid would have access to the rooms and it wouldn't be great if an outsider tells on them. Even if Kwill suggested paying the maid money to keep shut, his wife still wasn't comfortable about the idea. As long as they share their duties evenly, it should be manageable for now.

 

While Kwill mopped the floor, she decided to wipe the furniture since it has been a while since she last did that. She started with the tables and cupboards in the living room and kitchen and then into the rooms. Since Kwill's room is the furthest away from the staircase on the second floor, she cleaned his room the last.

 

She wiped the shelves and the trophies on it. Wiped every thing displayed that's on the cupboard. One display shelf cabinet, however, was really tall and to reach the top shelf, she had to tip toe a little in order to wipe deeper. She lost her balance and knocked over something.

 

A photo frame landed on the floor with a loud thud. Sigh...

 

She approached it to pick it up and saw a young Kwill. She recognised his young face since she was his fan after all but she had never seen this private picture before. Curious, she reached for more photo frames on the top shelf. She looked through them one by one, smiling at some which looked ridiculous or cute. She took another one and oddly, saw her younger self in that picture. Not just her but also with a young Kwill. She was really confused to the point that she thought this can't be possible. She must be seeing things. She closed her eyes for a little while and looked at the photograph again. It looked the same. She looked at the tiny date marked at the bottom right corner.

 

30/12/1993...

 

That would mean that she's 6 years old. Just few months before her life-changing accident. It was taken on Kwill's 12th birthday. As shocked as she is, she logically thought that she might have known Kwill before her amnesia.

 

"But why didn't he tell me anything? He even acted like we met just last year." She began suspecting him.

 

She searched for more photo frames but this was the only one displayed on the shelf. She quickly took a shot of the photo using her phone and put everything back in place.

 

She didn't bother to do her wiping anymore now that her entire mind was on the photograph earlier. As she went out, Kwill brought the mop into his own room after mopping her room. She stared at him entering the room and then shifted her vision to the picture, now on her phone screen.

 

"Should I ask?" She thought. She shook her head."But he definitely had a reason as to why he didn't tell me about it."

 

She wanted to ask so badly. She never expected the both of them to have known each other when they were younger.

 

...

 

In her room...


"Maybe he doesn't know the girl in the picture is me?" She thought. "Can't be. To take a photograph of us together and actually display it in his room, I believe we are close enough for him to know my name at least. Shouldn't it ring a bell when he met me? Or did he forget my name?"
 


Flashback

"Gain-ah, you said you had amnesia when you were younger right?" He tried to move on to his real purpose of coming to her room. "Do you have the slightest recollection of what happened before that?"

Ga-in was surprised by the unexpected question. Maybe he wants to know me a little better now that we're married?

"I tried to remember but I couldn't. I do feel familiar to my old belongings and photos when I see them but I can't really remember..." She said which disappointed him.

"But there's no point in that actually. I've lived for about another 20 years which already makes up the majority of my life.  In fact, I don't want to remember how my early childhood was like. I don't want to remember anything about my parents who passed away in the same accident which caused my amnesia. Maybe my amnesia is a blessing in disguise. It made me continue my life easily without looking back. I never felt the depression of losing my own parents. I know I sound heartless but I don't remember how it's like to be with my parents. I feel nothing about them except the fact that they are my parents." She continued calmly.

Flashback ends

 

Remembering that he did ask about her amnesia on their wedding night 3 months ago, he probably knew that they had a relationship during their childhood at least from that day. What about before? She started speculating that the reason why he, as an idol, would go out with an average fan not just once but on many dates where Kwill felt so sincere could be because he already knew who she was and was trying to get closer to her through Changmin. Everything started to make sense to Ga-in. Why would an idol treat a fan with so much sincerity anyway regardless of how nice he is as a person? Unless he had feelings for her... But the first reason fits better. She concluded that Kwill probably knew who she was from day one. So now the question is... why did he keep mum about this? She looked at the picture on her phone again. The two of them seemed really close from their bright smiles and Kwill's arm slinging over her shoulders. Sadly, she had no recollections of what she saw. Until now, she couldn't believe what just happened. Kwill had kept such a huge secret about her from her for 9 months which was a very long period of time.
 

"What should I do from now?" She thought. "Ask him? Or should I wait for more clues and find out myself? He might be the key to finding out about my own past."
 

 

 

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

 

I'm such a lousy writer TT.

 

I don't even understand my story well enough and couldn't remember what I had written in the first few chapters.

 

1) Would like to clarify that Lizzy knew that Ga-in was her old neighbour who had babysat her before her amnesia. Lizzy was only less than 2 years old so she had no memories of her, hence, no feelings or nostalgia felt for her too. That's why she behaved like Ga-in was a totally new person to her. She's only told by Kwill about Ga-in's identity in chapter 6. Which means all along she had been keeping secrets just like Kwill.

 

2) I never really explained why Kwill, Lizzy and her mother had to keep the secret from Ga-in and the people around her. They didn't want to frighten her away. Kwill also wanted to naturally know Ga-in better as a friend and maybe one day to help her with regaining her memories if possible. If he told her about their relationship from the first day he confirmed his fan Ga-in was the Ga-in he was looking for, she will definitely feel awkward & there wouldn't be a chance for a naturally forged friendship. He didn't want her to think of her sensitive past every time she meets him on dates after their first meeting. She might even be pressurized about her gaining back her memory which wouldn't help. Just imagine him telling her on their first meeting, "I know you probably don't remember me. I'm Hyungsoo-ah. We used to be very close. *elaborates on their past relationship*
*shows past pictures of them*" Ga-in would have got a shock from her life from meeting her idol who shockingly claims they're related. He just thought of confessing one day when they're much more comfortable with each other and guide her as she tries to regain her memories. MOST IMPORTANTLY, there won't be a story for me to write if he told her the truth from day one LOL.

 

3) Kwill knows even before his reunion with Ga-in that she has amnesia and had no recollections of her past. That's why he had low hopes of finding her. He knew since he was at the hospital when the doctors told her family and friends about her condition after the accident. It was because he knows about her amnesia that he didn't ask her on their first meeting if she knew him.


Seriously, a good writer wouldn't make her story so confusing and difficult to understand that she herself had to reread her chapters. But at least I have to applaud myself for making up this unique plot, am I right? *shameless*

 

Please comment^^