Confession

Forget Me Not

Kwill walked out of the door and went into his car. He drove off not to any of his workplaces but to a nearby park to past his time. He had no schedules today. Yes, he lied to his wife. He's not doing anything wrong to his wife. He's giving her a surprise, another surprise, to replace that failed one on her birthday a month ago. This time, however, he made up his mind to confess.

This thought of his didn't come up that randomly into his mind. He always had that thought in mind, along with his plan to guide her out of her amnesia. Assured from her increasingly informality, he knew time now ripe, or at least near ripe, getting his hopes up for a proper confession. He still don't know if his feelings for her was obvious. He knew she wouldn't accept but he just wanted her to know. Concerns are inevitable. He knew she might distant herself away from him and their improved relationship might just go down the drain like that. He knew the risks in doing so but he just wanted to go along with his plan for he could wait no longer.

...

It had been an hour since he left his home and he's back. He looked around the house for his wife. "Good! She's gone!" He mumbled gladly.

He quickly placed the bouquet of roses into a temporary vase he made from a plastic container and got to work. So eager he was for this event that he already stocked his refrigerator with groceries yesterday evening. He initially wanted to buy even before yesterday but was afraid that his groceries couldn't be kept for that long without spoiling. Still, it was too early to cook dinner. Hence, he spent the entire morning decorating the house.

...

He looked at his completed decorated house. He was satisfied but another thought dampered his mood. "Why bother to decorate when you know she's not even going to accept you? For all I know, it's just going to be an awkward dinner later and all these might just make things even worse." He threw away that thought. A tiny part of him inwardly hoped for a miracle to happen. Being accepted by her even when there's no reason to. He knew perfectly well her heart was still with Kwon but he just wanted to hang on to that little hope which helped him till this far in preparations.

He did his cooking once again, making sure the dishes aren't similar to her birthday dinner that she already tasted.

...

He didn't know what time she would be back but assumed that she'll be home for dinner or else she wouldn't have asked when he'll be home for the day. They usually had dinner quite late at 8 or 9 together, or else earlier if either party can't make it. He just prayed she wouldn't be back only at that time since he was already half-way done with dinner at 3pm. He didn't want to cook late as well as he was worried that she might return before he was done with cooking. At the end, he didn't want to take a gamble with his well prepared dishes so he just called his wife to ask when she'll be back even if that might ruin the surprise a tiny bit since he'll have to reveal his being at home.

"4+." She said, also eager to be back as soon as he 'returns' home. Her answer gave him a huge relief since by then, he was about to be done with dinner.

...

He stood at the same spot with his bouquet of roses, awaiting for his wife's arrival. He was extremely eager about his plan but it didn't really matter if he had to wait for an entire hour for her. He practiced his prepared words over and over again.

"Gain-ah, don't be shocked. Brace yourself for my following sentence. Saranghae~ *inserts laughs* Hehe I finally said it. I liked you for months. That Valentine's Day dinner, if you remember, was what made me confirm my feelings for you. I know you won't accept me but I'll wait for you until you do." He recited proudly. He felt great except for that laughter he just did. It didn't feel natural. He redid the fake laughs as naturally as it looks. However, his hearing drowned in his own laughter and hence, couldn't hear the gates opening. The door swung in and hits him on the shoulder. He let out a yelp and his face cringed as if it was squeezed lemon. But not before Ga-in saw him laughing really awkwardly. She stared at him with an agape smirk, finding the view in front of her ridiculous and awkward. She didn't know what to do but started laughing when he fumbled as he handed her the bouquet, still in shock.

"Thank you," She accepted, still giggling. "I'm sorry but what day is it today?" She asked when she noticed the decorated living hall and dining table filled with piping hot dishes.

Kwill was rendered speechless. He prepared his wonderful speech earlier but now he's so shy he couldn't recite what he said earlier or even answer her question. Thankfully for him, she wasn't really expecting an answer, already sat down at the dining table excitedly, maybe hungrily since the living hall smelt of food.

...

Kwill looked up from his plate nearly every half a minute. There she was, eating her last few bites of her salmon steak. Nervous as he already was, Ga-in had to add on to it by eating quite quickly without giving him enough time to gather his courage to start.

She knows that throughout the dinner, her husband had been staring at her while eating. She didn't know why but she didn't really bother. It wouldn't be awkward so long as she pretends not to know. Rather, she, in her mind, focused on when to confess HER secret. She wanted to tell right away since she had the entire day to brace herself and isn't that jittery like she was in the morning. But not when she is stared at by her husband. Just by looking into his eyes, she could feel her heartbeat jumping right back to the pace it was hours ago. She didn't want to drag it any further so she promised herself that she would reveal to him once they finished eating.

She finally finished her bites and looked up... to see Kwill's plate not yet even half clear. Talking while the other party is still eating feels a little awkward, especially when we're going to talk about something sensitive... She decided to now wait for him to finish his dinner.

"She's done eating already... Hyungsoo-ah... Hurry confess before she goes back to her room!" Kwill swallowed his saliva and put down his cutleries. He sat straight, uncomfortable that she looks at him apprehensively with confused eyes.

"You're not finishing your food? What a waste..." She commented as she pulled his plate over to her side and scooped the remaining food over to her plate.

"G..gain-ah..."  He called her with much effort and instanly, she looked up. "Don't be sh...shocked..." He stuttered despite his efforts to control it.

"Yes?" She prompted when she received nothing else from Kwill. "I'm all ears. What were you going to say?"

"Brace yourself for my following sentence." Kwill inhaled deeply before he uttered a loud "S..saranghae!" 

He looked at her face. She was obviously shocked just like he expected. He tried to do his 'natural' laugh and he did but to be stopped by Ga-in's unexpected laughter. He knows it might be possible for her to keep silent, be angry or at the most, neutral about it but not laughing at this.

The laughter didn't discourage him or encourage him further since he don't know if she liked it or just found this ridiculous. As much as her laughter caught him off guard, he wanted to continue what he had to say. "Hehe... I finally said it... erm... I liked you for months. That Valentine's Day dinner... if you remember... was what made me confirm my feelings for you." He said with much severity in his voice. "I know you won't accept me now but I'll wait for you until you do." He finished off with a more natural soft smile, now that Ga-in wasn't laughing but just smiling really sweetly at him.

Both of her hands covered as if she's overwhelmed by what he said. Kwill looked at her intensely for her next reaction which could determine her answer. The look, however, cracked her up once more. "Mianhae... This  is just too funny to listen without laughing!" Her hands resting on her stomach while her body shook as she nearly died from laughter. Kwill was disappointed. "You found this ridiculous... I see..." He mumbled, not expecting her to hear since the house was filled with her voice.

She shook her head. "You're just cute. I mean... I never seen you like this, even on TV before. You always seem so serious. And today..." She explained but she knew the Kwill today was exactly just like the young Kwill she remembered, immature and clumsy.

"I'm rejecting you, oppa~" She said chicly as she folded her arms although 'oppa' kind of spoiled the playful chic atmosphere it's supposed to bring. Although she's rejecting him, officially, the 'oppa' kind of melted his heart a little, making it better for his feelings. He liked what she called him so much, it didn't bother how suspicious it sounded for such a change.

"I understand. I'll respect you." He said while not bringing Kwon up since it might be still sensitive to her. "Just remember that if no one wants you, there's someone ready for backup." He joked, making the atmosphere lively and playful, quite different from what he expected this to be. But it was this atmosphere Ga-in decided to leave her secret to be revealed for another day since she didn't want to ruin this rare occurrence, not expecting what a huge regret this will become to her.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

So what regret? Try to guess^^ Please comment~