Breakdown

Forget Me Not

21st March 2013

 

The next day...

 

Kwill made sure  he woke up before 6am. Why did he have to end his break today? He will have to work throughout the night and that would mean the only time available to give Ga-in his VIP ticket personally would be  before Ga-in's working hours which is 8am. He rushed out of the bed and quickly brushed his teeth and took a bath. He quickly took a quick breakfast and dressed himself, making sure he looked presentable. He straightened out the creases on his shirt and left the house. There was still an hour and a half to 8am and he was relieved. There was still time. Thankfully he lives near Ga-in's place.

 

Upon reaching her flat, the security guard recognised him and gave him access after Ga-in gave him the permission to do so. He went up to her apartment and rang the doorbell.

 

No answer.

 

He rang the bell again.

 

Once again, no answer.

 

He pressed his right ear against the door, trying to hear for any signs of Ga-in inside her home. He couldn't hear clearly so pressed his ear even harder against the door.

 

And that's when Ga-in opened the door.

 

*Kwill stumbles but regains his balance*

 

"Omo! Mianhae!" She says.

 

Kwill smiled and then quickly took out the VIP ticket. Ga-in looks at it confused. "Is this a ticket... to your concert? It's for me?" She said excitedly. Kwill nodded his head but asked, " Are you able to go? You'll have to take leave just to go to Singapore for it. If you can't make it, it's okay."

 

Ga-in didn't bother and snatched the ticket away from his grip. "It's mine now!" She squealed with excitement. Instantly, it brought a smile to his face seeing her adorable side.

 

...

 

That day, she was so excited that she uploaded a selca of her with her precious VIP ticket  and a flight ticket she booked immediately on Instagram. Kwon saw the uploaded picture on his phone and felt a little jealous and uncomfortable, knowing that this would mean Kwill and her would be left alone away from Seoul, away from his watchful eyes. "What if he takes advantage of her in a foreign land? I won't be there to watch her..."

 

...

 

Lizzy who was affected by yesterday's incident felt undeniably jealous. She knew how she felt and the possible repercussions if she delays her confession. As a woman, she was sure Ga-in definitely has special feelings for Kwon. She also remembered how Kwon cared for Ga-in back in Jeju. She comforted herself that Kwon was just worried for his best friend but she could feel Kwon keeping a distance from her. She knew something is wrong and by not delaying any further her confession, she will feel much more assured by keeping him by her side.

 

She timidly walked to his office after waiting for everyone to leave. She inhaled deeply, gathering all her courage. She knocked his door firmly, being as confident as she can. Walking into the office, she looked at the absent-minded Kwon and sensed something was worrying him.

 

"Oppa, there's something I want to tell you." She started, still standing.

 

"Take a seat, Lizzy," He told her. Lizzy shook her head. " Listen to me, oppa. *BREATHES* I like you!"

 

Kwon didn't smile but frowned which Lizzy was expecting a little. The worried Lizzy was waiting for a positive reaction from him. "Please... tell me you like me too... Don't do this to me..." She thought.

 

"Lizzy-ah, I..." He saw Lizzy's eyes turning red. It took her so much courage and she was going to be disappointed and embarrassed like that. He didn't bear to reject her or accept her because he himself was confused. Did he like Lizzy or not? Was it Ga-in or Lizzy he loves? They remained silent for a minute. Lizzy felt worse every second and she could not bear the stress any longer. She cried silently. Kwon sorted out his thoughts. What came into his thoughts was Ga-in... He knew for sure he didn't have the feelings for Lizzy anymore.

 

"Mianhae..." He said and picked up his briefcase to leave. Lizzy looked at  Kwon as he leaves the office. Her heart felt heavy. Her eyes could hardly open from the overwhelming b tears on her eyes. Her sobs filled the office. All she could think of was why did Kwon do this to her. And she knew it's all because of Ga-in.

 

...

 

That night...

 

"I want to book a morning flight ticket to Singapore on the 1st of April."

 

...

 

I am so sorry TT Broke my promise to update regularly...

 

Hope you like this chapter^^ Tension is building up... and very soon, a huge problem will happen...