Sweet Date

Forget Me Not

6th April 2013, Saturday (3 days later)

That day was their first meeting after the trip and to Kwon, it was officially their first date, no doubt that Ga-in had accepted him with that kiss. He made an extra effort to dress himself, making sure not a single strand of hair was out of place, ironing his shirt and jeans until no creases can be seen and not forgetting to spray a few pumps of scented perfume on himself.

Meanwhile, Ga-in, of course, did so too. She woke up at 7am, three hours before their meeting time, just to dress herself up for that special day. She knew Kwon liked her with light makeup so she decided on a sweet look, hoping for a more girly look which may impress Kwon further. She put on a white frilly mini dress and a flower hairband on her head. When everything was done after an hour, she stared at herself in the mirror. She admired herself, not knowing she could be this girly, different from her cool, chic self. It brought out another side of her, about to be seen by Kwon.

"How would he think when he sees this?" She thought coyly.

Something else popped up in her thoughts. It was Lizzy. She didn't know what had happened between there but she knew something must have happened between the two. She noticed that Lizzy looked really depressed when they met near Kwon's office a week before the trip. Moreover, she was sure Kwon isn't the type to cheat on a girl no matter what. They must have broken up...

The possibility of her being the reason for their break up made her feel guilty.

Should I go? If I do, wouldn't it mean that I'm accepting Kwon and doing Lizzy wrong? What if they haven't broken up, wouldn't I make Kwon cheat on Lizzy? Should I not go?

She looked at herself in the mirror again, all dressed up and prepared to go. She sighed and laid down on her bed just behind her. She kept thinking about what would happen to Lizzy and Kwon who was preparing to go too. The thoughts were too depressing and disappointing she forced herself to sleep and ignore the problems.

Closing her eyes, she tried her best to not think about them. It was impossible however. She was so excited earlier and now, the disappointment was greater. She cringed at not being able to shake away those troubling thoughts. Just like that she spent nearly two hours on the bed...

The alarm in her phone rang. It was then ten minutes to 10am. Her sense of urgency was still dead as before. She was too bothered by the thoughts to bother switching off the alarm. She had been waiting for this day and it was gone like that. Not gone yet only if Ga-in thought for herself. A part of her still wanted to go for the date.

You are already dressed like that...What hurt inflicted on Lizzy had been done... They might not even have started their relationship... Believe in Kwon... He's not the person who would cheat on someone... Even if I don't go downstairs, he would still come up to look for me.

...

10.10am

Kwon had been waiting outside her block in his car for twenty minutes, partly because he arrived earlier due to eagerness on his part. He wondered why she didn't pick up his calls and thought it would be better to go up to see what happened. He was about to step out of his car when he saw a lady walking out of the lift who was unlike Ga-in, wearing white dress and little makeup. But of course, he knew perfectly who she was. She looked exactly how she looked when she first moved into his parent's orphanage. She looked really young and innocent without all that makeup... He smiled sincerely and opened the door for her as she made her way to his car.

"Annyeong, Gain-ah," He said, "You look really sweet today."

With that, Ga-in smiled forcibly, not forgetting those thoughts. Kwon, very focused on Ga-in, knew something was bothering her.

He drove away from her home. "Where are we going today?" She asked since Kwon drove off without telling or asking her.

Kwon stopped the car at a nearby park. "Let's take a walk first."

...

They walked side by side on the paths in the park. Kwon knew well that he had to make the first move since it's their very first date so he shifted his hand closer to Ga-in's. He then tried to brush his hand against hers. He could then feel her hand twitch but didn't move away. He then tried to grab her hand, nervously. Ga-in coyly smiled, not knowing what to do with her heart palpitating rapidly while unable to hide her emotions. Feeling this may be wrong of her since she feels she is not rightfully his, it was guilty pleasure. She couldn't bring herself to shake away his hand, wanting to enjoy this as much as she could.
 

Suddenly, he turned his direction to the bench by their side and pulled her towards it.

"Sit down," he told her as he waited for her to sit first.

They sat down with awkward silence filling the atmosphere for a while.

"Gain-ah... I don't know what is wrong but is there something bothering you?" He asked worriedly.

"Eh? Erm... Nothing..." She said with hesitation, really wanting to ask him all about his relationship with Lizzy.

"Tell me. You can't hide it from me. I know you for so long, nothing can escape my eyes," He said, this time firmly.

Hearing that, she looked at him for a moment. "Lizzy-ssi... what about her?"

"Ah... about that..." He didn't forget about Lizzy but he totally didn't think of her bothering Ga-in. He tried to arrange his words in his mind. "You know I used to like Lizzy back then... but now... But we were never in a relationship. I cannot hide from you that Lizzy's hurt after I rejected her but please don't feel guilty. You didn't really break us up. Someone will be hurt either way. If I choose Lizzy despite my feelings for you, it may hurt her even further in future. I don't want her to waste her time on me. This decision is the best for all three of us."

"But won't Lizzy still feel upset?"

"At this stage, it can't be avoided. I rather she feel hurt now than later."

...

"Do you know you changed a lot?" He asked as he surrounded her with his arms while they sat on the bench.

"What about me changed?"  She asked.

"I don't know how to describe. Less chic, more weak compared to your strong appearance? From young, I've only seen your strong, chic, feisty side of you. I even thought you had no strong feelings about your parentage like others. I've never seen you cry only until that day outside the bar. I never thought you would feel lonely. It's through this past month I see your vulnerability and that you need someone's love." He explained.

Ga-in was embarrassed by what he said. "Mwo?! Vulnerability?! That word doesn't seem to suit me." She denied, trying to be as chic as she can.

"Omo! What do I see now? A feisty Ga-in coming back to life again? But it doesn't matter now anyway. I like both the gentle, weak you and the chic you." He teased, earning a glare from her. Despite that, he embraced her while she leaned her head comfortably on his chest.

...

It was noon and the new couple had their brunch in a restaurant. Kwon made sure it was a quiet quality restaurant since it's their first date after all.

Ga-in's steak arrived  so Kwon quickly took the knife from her hands and helped her cut the steak into pieces. He then picked up a piece and fed her. Not only that, he scooped a portion of his butter rice over to her plate seeing that her steak did not come along with any rice. It melted her heart when he did these for her. She admired him while he was scooping the rice.

Kwonnie who's always teased for looking feminine... can be like this too...

 

Breaking news! Singer Kwill was caught entering a hotel room with a woman in Singapore by an anonymous netizen.

 

Kwill's sudden mention on TV broke her train of thoughts and stopped Kwon from what he was doing to look at the television showing tabloid news which was odd in a restaurant setting.

 

He was caught on the night of his first concert on the 1st of April. The netizen also took photographs of the woman leaving the room the next morning. Kwill's agency has yet to give any news agencies any official statement yet so far. The identity of the woman is spread on the net by another netizen but we are unable to show her face here due to rules and regulations.

 

...

 

Updated! Sweet date turned bad... Finally the problem which is the turning point of this story!

The sweet date might sound super cheesy because it's so cliche. I'm so sorry...

 

SPOILER:

The only way we can solve this is...

 

Please comment^^