Beach Drabble

Melting The Ice Princess's Heart

Short chapter update ^^

 

Today, the sun decided to become a little brighter. Today, the sun decided to make it's warm golden rays just a little bit warmer. Today, was the day where the sun wanted to try on it's cool new sunglasses and the day where the sun felt a little mean, and wanted to melt the ice cream off the cones and onto the sticky fingers of little children. These little changes brought the sweltering heat that accompanies the lovely season of summer. A season long-awaited by school-children, who count-down the days until they can forget a year's worth of spelling and math equations. A season full of splashing at the pool and tanning at the beach, where splashes of bright-colored floaties dot the seawater spread at the beach. A season of campfires and hotdogs, and melted marshmallow and chocolate that covers the face after a s'more. But of course, summer is also a season that makes a certain girl sigh.

Her long wavy locks of hair creates a waterfall down the side of a chair. A couple of fans surrounds the girl, huffing and puffing large amounts of cool air. But it does little to stop the drops of sweat that drips down the sides of her face. A once full cup of lemonade now sits empty on the table, with only the melting ice and curly straw left. The girl sighs once again. "Aish why is it so hot today??" She groans. The girl decided to get up, and go to the refrigerator, only to be greeted by an empty bottle of lemonade. She frowns, did she really drink the whole bottle already?? But then again, standing in front of the refrigerator feels really good, as the cool air blasts through the hot, stuffy air that fills the whole house. Eventually, the girl forces herself to shut the door, and she goes back to lying on the couch. She sighs again, all of her friends are busy or on fabulous vacations in Hawaii or the Bahamas. The girl can only picture herself lying in a hammock under the shade of palm trees, listening to the calming sound of gentle waves, and sipping a smoothie from a fancy coconut cup. But as reality settles in once again, the girl finds herself in her home, lying on a chair, and out of lemonade. The girl looks at her phone, and suddenly brightens. She knows one of her friends is still in Korea. She dials the number, and waits. "Yoboseyo?" A voice says. "Oppa!" The girl shouts happily. "Aish someone's super loud." The person chuckles. "Oppaaaa I'm so hot, and I'm really bored!" The girl pouts. "Aww I know how you feel." The person sympathizes with her. "Can you take me somewhere?" The girl asks cutely. "Sure is it ok?" The person asks. "Ne it's fine." The girl says. "Ok I'll come by and pick you up." The person says. "Ok oppa see you!" The girl smiles happily.

"Oppa where are we going?" The girl asks the boy for the millionth time. "It's a secret, so stop asking." The boy sticks his tongue out at the pouting girl. "Oppa is so mean." The girl frowns. "Aww don't be like that. Besides, I'm sure you'll be able to tell where we're going soon." The boy says. And soon enough, the girl smells the air. It's salty... And the sound of waves crashing against the sand can soon be heard. "Oppa are we going to the beach??" The girl smiles happily. "Yup is that ok?" The boy asks. "Of course oppa! I haven't been to the beach in forever." The girl says.

"Wahh it's so pretty!" The girl admires the turquoise waves that reach out to touch the white sand, before it recedes back. "But there's hardly any people here." She notices. Usually the beaches were filled with many people, especially during the hottest days of summer. "Oh this is kinda like a private beach. Tourists aren't allowed to come here, and hardly any people know about it anyway." The boy explains. The girl smiles excitedly. "Come on oppa let's go by the water." She pulls on his hand. The cool water slowly the tips of their toes, instantly taking away the discomfort caused by the heat. Seeing the boy happily wade into the water, the girl smiles mischieviously. "Oppa!" She calls. "Ye-. Hey!" The girl takes her chance to splash water at his face. "Ya you're getting it!" The boy shouts playfully back, and makes a large wave that splashes over her. "Oppa!" The girl shakes the water from her hair. "Revenge." The boy smirks. And like two little kids, the boy and girl happily splash water at each other. Then, the boy thinks of a fantastic prank to pull. "There's a crab in the water!" He says to the girl."Wh-where?" The girl is nervous, as she is scared of the huge pinchers that they can have. "In the water. Here I'll carry you out of the water ok?" The boy carefully picks up the girl. "Just kidding." The boy throws her into the water. ""OPPA! You're dead!" The girl shouts, as she is now drenched. The boy just smiles innocently, and shows her a heart. "Nope I don't accept your heart." And the girl pretends to throw his heart back. "Wow I'm hurt." The boy pretends to cry. But as the boy is pretending to cry, the girl has come up with a plan of her own. The boy is still pretending to be hurt, and the girl easily sneaks up behind him. "OPPA!" She shouts and tackles him into the water. The boy is now also drenched... "You're so in trouble now!!!" He smirks at the girl, who runs away giggling.

The two sit side-by-side, the girl's head resting on the boy's shoulder. They have stayed to watch the sunset, and are waiting patiently. "Oppa kamsahmnida for today." The girl smiles. "No problem. You had fun?" The boy smiles back. "Alot." The girl says. "I'm glad." The boy says, and shyly wraps his arm around her waist. The girl is surprised by this sudden skinship, but she finds she also likes it. The girl feels herself getting sleepy, her eyes getting heavier and heavier. And soon she is asleep on the boy's shoulder. The boy glances at her, and can't help but smile at the sleeping angel next to him. He her hair lovingly, admiring her long lashes, rosy cheeks, and perfect pink lips. Admiring her is something the boy can't do when she's awake. And as the boy plants a small kiss on the girl's cheek, the sun sets, plunging into the water making it glow a bright orange, and the moon rises, bathing the world in a silver glow, as the boy bravely lands a kiss on the lips of the girl he loves.

Sorry kinda junk and short :/ But hopefully you guys like it~ I didn't use names in this one so who do you think the couple is in this one (I think you guys know the girl already)? Any preferences? Keke I live in Hawaii, and of course it's always hot here. But I swear when it's summer, it gets even hotter. So I can sympathize with the girl here in the chapter ^^ Thank you to all my new and old subscribers and those who comment! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Please continue to comment and subscribe ^o^