Just Friends

Melting The Ice Princess's Heart

Seohyun POV

I sigh, and watch the passing hands of the ticking clock on the wall to my left. Seriously, math class is a waste of time. The ticking hands count an hour, mark the passing of 60 minutes, displays the 3,600 seconds that have passed, and yet all I'm left with at the end is a piece of paper with an angry cloud of dark scribbles and random doodles drawn on account of ultimate boredom. My mind drifts in and out of the lesson. "So if you carry the 9 x equals..." My teacher drawls on and on in the same monotone that has quickly become one of the things that highly irritate me. Hmm a bunny would look nice here. I smile to myself, as I add another doodle to the dozens that already cover my paper. But, as I finish adding a smiley face to the carrot that the bunny holds, I suddenly notice something that brings a frown to my face. In my dazed phase of boredom, I wrote K+S, which is enclosed in a heart. I look at the heart, and all the things that I've been contemplating comes rushing back to memory. "Aish!" I say out of increasing frustration. "Is there something wrong Ms. Seohyun?" My teacher shoots a glare in my direction. "Um no minhae seonsaengnim." I say, and bow politely. Aish seriously?? That was so embarrassing. I groan inwardly. "Now as I was saying this is what x equals to." My teacher finishes up the problem she had been solving on the board. Brrrrrrrrriiiiiinnnggggg! Thank goodness! I cheer happily inside, as I carefully place my doodle-filled paper in my Keroro folder, and pick up my textbooks. "Annyonghi kyesayo seonsaengnim. Mianhamnida for disturbing class." I bow to my teacher as I head out the door. I go to my locker, but I sigh once again when I open the door. A framed picture of me and Kyu has greeted me for the past two weeks. I put my books away, and take out the picture, hugging it close to me as I walk out of the building and I sit myself down on the steps. "Maknae-ah what are you doing?" I don't look up, since I recognize the voice belonging to Taeyeon unnie. "Nothing unnie, I'm just thinking about things." I say, continuing to look down at the picture. "Boyfriend problems hm?" She sits beside me. "I guess." I mumble. "Seo tell unnie." She pats my arm encouragingly. Taeyeon unnie is someone I can always talk to when I have a problem, and I can always depend on her for advice, so I let it out. Let's just say me and Kyu aren't really the same anymore. Dating him was fun at first, but lately we've been distant and it's kinda awkward when we are with each other. I find myself missing our friendship more and more, and I realize that I find myself wishing that we could just go back to being best friends once again. And yet, I somehow can't bring myself to accept it either. What if he really does love me? How am I supposed to tell him that I do love him, but not as a boyfriend... How can I bear to break his heart??? What if we can't even have a normal friendship if we do break up??? My confusion, my countless amount of worries, are poured into what I tell Taeyeon unnie. "So unnie I seriously don't know what to do." I put my head into my hands and sigh once again. "Seobaby you need to tell him." Taeyeon says simply. "But unnie what if I hurt him??" I ask worriedly. "Seo it's going to hurt him worse if he learns that you have no feelings for him and you're still together with him." She says. I feel like I'm going to cry. Taeyeon unnie is right, yet all I can see are the tears that I imagine will fall down Kyu oppa's face when I tell him that I no longer that feelings for him as a boyfriend... "Seo don't worry about it. Kyuhyun is strong and I'm sure he would still love to be your best friend." Taeyeon unnie comforts me, using her arm to bring me closer in a gentle hug. "Seo." I'm shocked. I see him come out from behind the building. Could he have heard what I was telling unnie?? "I think I'll leave you now Seo." Taeyeon unnie whispers to me, and walks to the front gates of the school. "Oppa I-" I stutter nervously. "It's ok Seo I heard what you said to Taeyeon noona." He smiles a small smile. "I'm so sorry oppa." I run to him and I can feel the tears that have already started to form. He wraps his arms around me in a hug, and I immediately feel comfortable in his embrace. "I wanted to tell you that I feel the same way." He says, as he my hair. "Really oppa??" I look up at him. "Ya, but I was so scared of hurting you that I couldn't do it. I was going to today, but then I overheard your conversation with Taeyeon." He smiles sheepishly. "So friends now oppa?" I say. "Friends." He hugs me tightly. Once we let go, he turns to me. "Wanna walk home with me?" He asks. "Aniyo, I can go home by myself." I say, so he waves and turns to walk out of the school. I sit down on the steps, and I look at the picture again. The tears start to form once more and I can feel them pouring down my face, my eyes turning into gushing faucets. Why am I crying?? I keep asking myself. I should be happy shouldn't I? I didn't hurt him. We will be best friends again. Yet, Kyu was my first relationship... And I'm guessing I can't let go just yet. But through my crying, I hear a voice that calls out my name. "Seohyun??"

 

Omg I'm so sorry x infinite for not updating in such a long time :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( I've had a bit of a writer's block and I was trying really hard to gather my ideas for the next chapters. I'm so sorry to all of you amazing readers for making you wait! But thank you so much for all those who answered my questions!!!! I was so surprised to get so many responses, but I'm so grateful for your guys' feedback. It really meant alot to me, since I got a lot of great ideas! I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm sorry to all the Seokyu fans :( But on the bright side nobody was hurt ^^ I promise to update tomorrow! Any ideas on who this person is at the end?? Please comment and subscribe thanks so much!!!!

Thanks to: imsoinlove_seokyu, RoyalistAngels, destdaabest99, exoshidaeforever, ren1234, LoVeKpOp2, LoveSungmin123, cutepotatoehead, kpopperunnie, Myungbuing, KPOPfan619, DaniiSeo, anna_marie016, and mamachu ^^ Thank you so much for your feedback!!!! I really appreciated it :D

 

Buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt another thing! Exo's comeback!!!!! Well I know it kinda passed a while ago, but I'm still so happy about it :D I swear I've seen both the korean and chinese versions at least 100 times :P But I'm really proud of exo! I have to say, at first I didn't like wolf too much, but as I kept listening to it, I started to really like it. Go exo! Awoooooooooooooooo! ^^