Chapter 8 - New Student & jealousy?

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLIlDfmTAE

The next day at school, everyone couldn't recognise Eun Kyo without her glasses off. All of them thought that she's a new student who just transferred here. She wanted to buy another pair but Haekyung and Infinite said she looks a lot better without glasses and told her to just stay like that. Student were gossiping everywhere she went. She entered the classroom and Ms.Kim looked up. "Are you a new transfer student? Please introduce yourself to the class."

"Er Ms.Kim, I'm Eun Kyo." Eun Kyo said. "Eun Kyo? But you don't look like her..." Ms.Kim peered closely at her face. "Oh you're really Eun Kyo! Goodness I can't recognise you without your glasses, you look so much prettier without it. Go to your seat." She nodded and sat down. Haekyung gave her a thumbs up, Woohyun looked at her and winked. Eun Kyo smiled at both of them. "Ba-bump ba-bump ba-bump" Woohyun's heartbeat sped up and he stared at her dreamily. Why I am reacting like this? Ever since I've seen her without her glasses, I feel like my heart is going to explode everytime I see her smile.

Just then, a tall boy with small eyes and bangs came into the classroom. Ms.Kim looked up once again and said. "Ah, are you the new student who's suppose to transfer over today? Please introduce yourself to the class." The tall boy nodded and introduced himself. "Hi everyone! I'm Gong Chan Shik. You can call me Gong Chan. I'm transferring over to this class from now on, please take good care of me." He waved and smiled and everyone. The class exploded into chatter immediately.

"Oh my god, he's so cute! Did you see his smile? I'm about to faint right now." 

"So he's the new student? We're gonna be in the same class from now on? Yay! Another cute guy to add to the collection of the 7 princes. Shall we give him a nickname too? Smiling Prince? Hehehe."

"Look at the girls' reaction. I think with this guy's arrival, they're gonna go crazy again." One guy shook his head dismally. "Yeah, as if Infinite alone is not enough to make us feel inferior. Ah, but there's one good thing to be happy about - who expected that nerd, Eun Kyo, turn out to be such a beauty?" His friend said.

"Yeahhhhh. It was such a surprise for everyone. Everyone thought that she was a new student. Hahaha. She's really pretty eh? I wanna date her."

"Me too, me too. I can show her off to my friends since she's so pretty. I bet they will be so freaking jealous of me." 

Sungyeol, Hoya, Woohyun and Dongwoo overheard their conversation and became pissed off. "Yah! Mind your words. You wanna date her because she's pretty so you can show off to your friends? What a bastard." Dongwoo snapped.

"Even if you wanna date her, would she even like people like you two? Look at the mirror and take a good look at yourselves." Hoya shot back at them with sarcasm. "Oh and by the way, she's already taken. So none of you will have a chance with her at all." Sungyeol smirked. The two boys eyes widened. It was the first time that Infinite had ever defended a girl before. Usually they wouldn't care about other people's comments and remarks. "Taken? By who?"

"Of course it's by the me, the most handsome prince in the world. Who else?" Woohyun said confidently, patting his own chest. Hoya smacked his head. "It's US, not you only." The two boys were even more surprised. Kang Eun Kyo's already taken by Infinite? Since when? Unless she's their new target to play with. But normally Infinite don't pay much attention to the girls in school.

Ms.Kim asked Gong Chan to sit down beside Eun Kyo. Gong Chan smiled at Eun Kyo and reached out his hand."Hi, I'm Gong Chan. Nice to meet you!" Oh he's cute when he smiles. He has such a sunshine personality and he looks friendly. She thought to herself and smiled back at him while shaking his hand.

"Hi, I'm Eun Kyo. Nice to meet you too! You're new right? Do you know your way around the school yet?" Eun Kyo said cheerfully. "Not really. The school campus is so big and I can't seem to figure out my way around here. I took a long time to figure out how to get to my classroom. Hehe. Can you bring me around the campus? You seem really nice." Gong Chan scratched his head in confusion and smiled sheepishly at her. "Haha, I can understand how you feel since that's exactly how I felt when I first stepped into this school. Of course! No problem, just leave it to me. I'll bring you around during lunch later." She agreed quickly. "Thanks! You're such a nice person. You are the first friend I made so far." Gong Chan smiled genuinely at her. Gosh his smile is so cute! Eun Kyo blushed a little and smiled back at him.

Infinite looked at their interaction and their brows knitted in frustration. Why is she being so friendly and nice to the new guy? Her attitude is totally different from when she first met me. Ugh!  Dongwoo thought. Can she stop smiling at the new guy? What's his name again? Gong Shik? Whatever it is, I don't like the way she looks at him. Hoya turned away and refused to look at them. Is she blushing in front of him right now? What the hell. She can only blush in front of me! Does she think that he's cuter than me? Sungyeol scribbled on a piece of paper, annoyed. Woohyun looked at Eun Kyo and Gong Chan with an irritated expression on his face. That smile, how I wish it belongs to me only. I don't want her to show it to others except for me. Eun Kyo, oblivious to their jealousy, continued to chat with Gong Chan happily throughout the whole lesson. Haekyung noticed Infinite looking at them with frustrated expressions and smiled to herself knowingly.

The bell rang for the end of the lesson. Eun Kyo went off with Gong Chan first as Haekyung had to go back to the kendo club to settle some things. Hoya was about to ask Eun Kyo to have lunch with them but she left with Gong Chan already. He and his brothers looked at them walking out of the classroom chatting happily and sighed in annoyance. "Why are you all sighing? Jealous of Gong Chan?" Haekyung asked them, already knowing the answer to that. "No! Nonsense. Who says we are jealous of that new guy?" Sungyeol denied immediately. "Y-eah. Why would we be jealous because of that nerd. Don't be ridiculous." Dongwoo stammered. Haekyung shook her head and smiled. It's obvious that they have fallen for her already. So much for self-denial. I wonder what will Eun Kyo's reaction be if she knows that Infinite likes her?

"Here is the library. Students can borrow books from here for studying or for reading. Our school library has a really wide collection of books. I always like to come here and borrow romance novels to read." Eun Kyo explained to Gong Chan. "Ah I see. I like to read novels too, but I like mystery novels more. We can come here often together to borrow novels." His stomach suddenly grumbled and his cheeks turned red in embarrassment. "You're hungry? Let's go to the cafeteria to eat." Eun Kyo giggled and started walking to the cafeteria. Hyeyeon saw them on the way to the cafeteria and whispered to Chaerim. "Who is that girl? I've never seen her before. Is she new? And that cute guy beside her too."

"She's Eun Kyo! You can't recognise her right? You're not the only one. Everyone thought that she's a new student. I can't believe she's actually so pretty without her glasses." Chaerim replied. "Yeah! I overheard a lot of people talking about her. She's garnering attention fast. I even heard them saying that she's prettier than you, and can replace you as the school beauty." Yoomi added. "WHAT?! She's Kang Eun Kyo? Are you freaking serious? How can she be prettier than me? That ! Now I know why the princes fell for her. She must have seduced them with her looks. I won't let her get away with this. Argh! I must go and have a facial treatment right now. I must make myself 100 times prettier than her!" Hyeyeon stomped her feet in anger and walked away with her two lackeys.

Gong Chan looked at the 3 of them passing by and asked Eun Kyo curiously. "Who are they? That girl with long hair and heels seems angry."

"Oh her? She's the student council president and the head of Infinite's fanclub. She's a real hypocrite. She acts all nice in front of Infinite and then she stabs you in the back. I'm one of the minority who knows her true colours." Eun Kyo said, remembering how Hyeyeon treated her on her first day of school. "Infinite? Who are they? Are they some powerful people in this school?" Gong Chan's eyes lit up with curiosity. "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about them. Infinite are the 7 princes from the royal family, they are also the kingkas in this school. They are really influential around here so you better not offend them. They even have their own fanclub. If you offend them, their fanclub will come after you. They're scary." Eun Kyo explained.

"Who said that we're scary?" L said as Infinite walked towards them. Eun Kyo gulped. "I didn't say that you all are scary. I meant your fanclub is scary." She looked away guiltily. Sungyeol saw Gong Chan beside her and frowned. "Who is he? Is he a new student?" Sunggyu asked. "Yup. His name is Gong Chan. Gong Chan, this is Sunggyu of Infinite." Eun Kyo introduced both of them to each other. "Hi, I'm Gong Chan. Nice to meet you. You must be one of the princes right? I just heard about the 7 of you from Eun Kyo."

"Hi, I'm Sunggyu. Nice to meet you too. Oh, she mentioned us? What did she say?"

"Uh she said that the 7 of you are the kingkas of this school and...I better not offend you all or else..." Gong Chan muttered, scared to continue. Eun Kyo stared at him and thought. Pabo! Why did you say that? Now I'm gonna be in trouble. "Or else what?" Hoya smirked and walked closer to Eun Kyo. She took a step back. "Nothing much. Stop asking the poor kid. You're scaring him." Eun Kyo managed to retort. "I'm scaring him? Or scaring you?" Hoya took another step closer towards her. His face was so close that she could almost feel his breath. Eun Kyo blushed and quickly pushed Hoya away.

"Let's go and eat. I'm hungry." Sungjong said, pulling Eun Kyo along. "Hey, wait. I didn't say I wanna eat lunch with the 7 of you. I'm eating with Gong Chan." Eun Kyo protested. "Why don't you eat with us too, Gong Chan?" Woohyun put a hand on Gong Chan's shoulder. Eun Kyo quickly mouthed 'say no' to Gong Chan. He looked at Woohyun and Eun Kyo, then nodded his head. Eun Kyo's shoulders deflated. Aish, that boy is scared of them! She was dragged to the cafeteria unwillingly by Infinite. Girls squealed and chatted excitedly among themselves as soon as Infinite entered the cafeteria. They also noticed Eun Kyo and Gong Chan. "Who's that girl? Why is she so close to Infinite oppas? And who's the other cute guy?"

Eun Kyo was forced to sit down. Gong Chan was about to sit on her left side when Sungyeol sat down first. Then when he was about to sit on her right side, Dongwoo quickly sat down. Both Dongwoo and Sungyeol glared at him. Gong Chan swallowed hard and quickly went to sit down on the other side. Eun Kyo looked around her. "Why are both of you sitting beside me? I want to sit with Gong Chan." Dongwoo and Sungyeol glared at Gong Chan again. He replied nervously. "Ah it's okay. I feel much more comfortable sitting here." Eun Kyo saw everybody looking and pointing at them. She fidgeted in her seat uncomfortably. Aish seriously, why do I have to sit with them? Everybody's staring at us and I feel so freaking uncomfortable.

"Do I have to sit with the 7 of you? Can't I sit somewhere else? Everybody's looking at us, I feel damn uncomfortable." Sungyeol leaned close to her ear and whispered,"You better sit with us, my dear FIANCEE." Heat crept up Eun Kyo's cheeks at the word 'fiancee'. Sungyeol saw it and smirked. Throughout lunch, they chatted with each other. Everytime Gong Chan wants to say something to Eun Kyo, one of them would interrupt him. Eun Kyo didn't understand why were they acting this way. After lunch, she went to the library with Gong Chan.

The two of them stayed there, chatting about their interests. Eun Kyo looked at her watch. "There's still time until our next class starts. Do you wanna go to my secret hideout? I discovered it on the first day of school. Nobody goes up there and it's a nice place to hangout." She suggested. Gong Chan nodded his nead and they went up three flights of stairs, reaching the rooftop. Normally it's locked and students are prohibited from going up there. "The door's locked. Are you sure we can go in here?" Gong Chan asked sceptically. "No problem. I have my own way." Eun Kyo grinned and took out a hairpin from her pocket. She inserted it into the door and twisted it, the door unlocked and she pushed open the door, revealing the rooftop.

"Wah, the view here is amazing! You can see the whole school from here!" Gong Chan exclaimed. "I told you. This place is a really good place to come when you need to clear your thoughts or take a break from all the studying. Ever since I discovered this place, I made it my secret hideout. I come up here pretty often." Especially when I need to vent my anger after being annoyed by Infinite. Eun Kyo thought while remembering her first meeting with them. Who knows I'll actually become friends with them, and even their FIANCEE. 

"A penny for your thoughts?" Gong Chan said. "Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about my first meeting with Infinite. I remembered that we started off being loggerheads at each other, now we are actually friends." She smiled. "Looks like you are rather fond of them, huh?" Gong Chan said. "Fond of them? No, definitely not. I just feel that they aren't as bad as I thought they were. They are actually rather nice to me." Eun Kyo said.

"Ah I see. Anyway you said this place is normally locked? Are we allowed to come up here?"

"Yup. I don't think students are allowed to come up here but that's precisely why I chose this place as my secret hideout. It's quiet and the scenery is breathtaking. Just the place for me to be alone at times. So far I've never been caught." Eun Kyo replied. Suddenly they heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Both of them froze.

They heard a man's gruff voice saying. "Why is the door open?" It was the caretaker. He opened the door and saw both of them standing at the rooftop. "Yah! What are both of you doing here? Don't you know that students are prohibited from this place? This is an offence. You better come with me to see the principal right now!" He walked towards both of them. Eun Kyo and Gong Chan looked at each other in dismay. , we are caught! What should we do? Gong Chan thought anxiously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Oops, they're caught! What will happen next? ^^ Infinite's showing jealousy towards her~ By the way, who do you all want to take her first kiss? Please vote~! ^~^