Chapter 20 - She Ain't You

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYOntltAtM

After what seemed like eternity, both of them pulled away. Eun Kyo's cheeks were tinged pink as she sat beside Woohyun, not looking at him. Woohyun just grinned, wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her close as she lay her head on his shoulder. I'm so glad I faked a stomachache just now. Now I finally get to spend time with her ALONE. I wonder what the others are doing at the meeting with Hyeyeon. They must be suffering, huh?  He thought to himself.

Meanwhile at the Woos' house, the rest of Infinite and their parents sat opposite Hyeyeon and her parents in the grand dining room. Everyone had already exchanged greetings and the adults were discussing about their future plans. "As I was saying, we don't approve of our sons' current fiancee. We had Hyeyeon in mind for quite some time, and we're very pleased with her. She's such a nice and sophisticated girl, and so talented too. I've seen her playing the harp before, and that was extraordinarily astounding. I've heard that she's also skilled in culinary, embroidery, and knows 6 different languages?" Mrs Moon said. Hyeyeon smiled to herself arrogantly. Dongwoo, Hoya and L rolled their eyes. So what if she knows how to play the harp, and knows how to speak 6 languages? She is not the one that we want. I wonder what is Woohyun hyung doing. He must be enjoying himself with Eun Kyo. Tch. His fake act was so obvious. Only umma will fall for it. Sungyeol thought.

Hyeyeon looked at L, who had a bored expression on his face and smiled sweetly at him. I'm finally one step closer to my goal. As long as this marriage meeting is a succes, I can get ready to marry into the Moon family anytime soon. Luck is on my side. Who knew that Mr and Mrs Moon would have biased opinions against Kang Eun Kyo and choose me instead? Oh well, serves her right. "Oppa, why is Woohyun oppa not here?" She asked Hoya, in an attempt to create conversation. He rolled his eyes and replied coldly, "Stomachache." Hyeyeon's eyes widened. "Is he alright? Does he need a doctor? I can call my private doctor to go check on him."

"No thanks. We have our own doctor. Who knows what will you feed him? We don't want him to die at such a young age." Dongwoo snorted. The rest of Infinite snickered at their brother's sarcasm. Hyeyeon's fists clenched into a tight ball. Did he have to embarrass me like that in front of them?!  Her face flushed with anger as she tried to compose herself. Suddenly L stood up. He couldn't stand this any longer. "Umma, Appa, I can't take this any longer. I'll be leaving first." Then he walked out coolly. Hyeyeon's jaw dropped and the adults stared at him in shock.

The rest of them also stood up and walked out one by one. "Yah where the hell do you guys think you're going?! Come back here this instant!" Mr Moon stood up, shouting angrily. None of them listened to him. The last one to leave was Sungjong. Before walking out of the room, he turned and said, "By the way, we definitely won't agree to marry Hyeyeon or break up with Eun Kyo. So I suggest you give up on this idea. Cos we will not change our minds ever." Then he walked out, leaving Hyeyeon and the adults dumbfounded and speechless.

I can't believe they just walked out like that! How can they do this to me?! Seems like Kang Eun Kyo does matter a lot to them huh? Even so, I won't give up. That girl will never be better than me! Hyeyeon gritted her teeth as she paced around her room. Suddenly a tall, beautiful woman walked into her room. "Who are you? How did you come in?" An evil smirk appeared on EeSeul's face. "You don't have to know who I am. I'm here to help you. I know you want to get rid of Kang Eun Kyo and have the 7 princes all to yourself. I can help you achieve your goal." She handed a small glass vial containing transparent pink liquid to Hyeyeon. "Just sprinkle this on yourself. I guarantee that the princes will fall for you immediately." Hyeyeon took the glass vial and swirled the liquid around, a devious smile creeping onto her face.

Meanwhile Infinite returned to the mansion to find Eun Kyo and Woohyun cuddling on the sofa while watching tv in the living room. They didn't notice Infinite's presence. Sungyeol crept up behind them and pushed Woohyun's head. "Yahhhhhhh!" Everyone burst out in laughter. "You were enjoying yourself while we were suffering at the meeting huh? Stomachache my foot! You look perfectly fine." Dongwoo scoffed. Woohyun just grinned. "So how did the meeting go?" Eun Kyo asked in a curious tone.

"We just walked out while they were discussing." L replied nonchalantly. "What? All of you just walked out? Your parents must be really angry. Aish why did all of you do that? I don't want you guys to fall out with your parents because of me." Sunggyu put his hands on her shoulders reassuringly. "Don't worry. Appa and Umma may be angry with us now, but I'm sure they will understand us in time. They will realize your merits and agree to our engagement." Eun Kyo softened. I hope what he said is true. As long as their parents don't accept me, I won't feel comfortable.

Next day they went to school as usual. The school was bustling with excitement. "Why is everyone so excited?" Eun Kyo furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Don't you know? It's gonna be Valentine's Day soon! That's why everyone is so excited. I'm excited too!" Haekyung said grinning. Eun Kyo raised her eyebrows. "You? Excited? Why? Do you have someone you want to confess to?" Haekyung's cheeks flushed red. "N-no. I'm just excited because everyone is. I-I don't have someone to confess to." Eun Kyo narrowed her eyes at her friend suspisciously. "Yah Gongchan do you have someone to confess to?" Haekyung quickly changed the subject. "Ye-No. No I don't have someone to confess to." Gongchan said hesitantly. The 2 girls looked at him. He looks kinda sad. "Gongchan ah, are you okay? Why do you look so down?" Eun Kyo patted his shoulder comfortingly. He shook his head. "Nah, it's nothing. Just that I've been rejected already."

"REJECTED?!" Both girls shouted. People turned their heads and some stared at them. They gulped and lowered their voices down to a whisper. "What do you mean rejected? You have someone you like?" Haekyung said. "Who is it? Do we know her?" Eun Kyo asked. Gongchan was about to answer when Sungjong bounced over to them and pulled Eun Kyo away. "Why are you still walking so slowly? Class is starting soon. Come on let's go!" Eun Kyo waved to the 2 of them and left with Sungjong. Gongchan stared at her figure and sighed.

"Don't tell me it's...her?" Haekyung said.

"Who?"

"Eun Kyo. She's the one you like isn't it?" Gongchan didn't say anything, he just looked down and shuffled his feet. "I knew it. My intuition was right. The way you always look at her, and smile at whatever she says. What do you mean by you were already rejected? You didn't confess at all right?" Haekyung wanted to know. Gongchan sighed again. "How can I confess to her when she's already engaged to the princes? It's pointless if i confess now knowing that i will be rejected anyway. I know that she likes Infinite. It's obvious. Since she doesn't know my feelings, just keep it that way." He walked away, shoulders drooping. Even though I don't want to give up so soon, I have to. I know I don't have a place in her heart. Haekyung stared at his retreating figure. I was right after all. If she can't see you, why don't you try looking beside her? There's also someone...who is always looking at you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

korean_girl: haha ikr. they're so irresistible ;__; thanks for supporting my story! ^^

omo904 : hehehe i won't disappoint you xD

bulba_chan: hahaha. he's quite the y type in this story. xD actually their parents are the rich-people-should-also-marry-rich-people type of people, that's why they're so biased against her. they'll come around soon anyway~ ^^

xoxoDesixoxo: cos you're a dongwoo stan~ ^^ i hope i don't disappoint you!

li_chunei: kekeke. xD oh i envy you! all my biases in Boyfriend are younger than me, sadly. T__T i thought one of them was older than me but he turned out to be younger than me by 1 year instead. still, i can't resist them. I AM NOT A PEDO NOONA.  /self-denial for the nth time