Chapter 26 - Don't go

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlHcfthQ0B0

Ever since that day, Eun Kyo took sick leave and didn't come to school for 2 days. She even went back home saying that she missed her family. The boys were worried and missed her terribly. On the third day, Eun Kyo finally came back to school. The moment she stepped into the classroom, Sungyeol, Woohyun, Hoya and Dongwoo swarmed up to her.

"Yah are you okay? We were really worried about you." Dongwoo said.

"What were you doing for these 2 days? You didn't pick up your calls and when we called your house you'd always be busy with something else." Sungyeol questioned.

"Yeah do you know we really miss you? Can you come back to stay with us again?" Woohyun pleaded. Eun Kyo just looked at the 4 of them, and walked past them without saying anything. The 4 of them looked at her in surprise. "Did she just ignore us?" Hoya said slowly. During the whole lesson, Eun Kyo ignored them whenever they tried to talk to her. She refused to look at them too. They were puzzled by her actions.

Finally the bell rang for lunch. Eun Kyo walked out of the classroom quickly, before any of them could catch up with her. She took her tray of food, and saw Sungjong waving at her at their usual place with the rest of the guys. But she just pretended she didn't see him and went to another table. Haekyung and Gongchan came and sat beside her. "Are you okay?" Gongchan poked her worriedly. Eun Kyo nodded curtly.

L walked over to their table with Sungjong. "Aren't you going to sit with us?" Sungjong asked. Eun Kyo didn't respond. She bowed her head and didn't look at any of them. "Yah! We are talking to you. Can you please look at us? What's all this ignoring us about? Hoya told me that you have been ignoring them in class too. What's wrong?" Eun Kyo stood up and tried to walk away but L grabbed her wrist and forced her to turn around.

"Don't try to get away! Look at me. What the hell is wrong with you?!" L yelled. Eun Kyo stared at him coldly. "Let me go." He refused to budge. She shook his hand off harshly. "I said let me go!" Everyone stared at them in shock. L's eyes widened. She had never acted like this before.

"Don't. bother. me." Eun Kyo said before walking off. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists tightly, willing herself with all her might not to cry. The boys looked at her figure, shocked at her reaction. Once she was out of the cafeteria, she ran up to the rooftop and sat down before letting her tears out. This is so much harder than I thought. I'm trying to control my emotions in front of them but the way they're acting towards me makes it so difficult. I don't want to do this either. The hurt expressions on their faces when I ignored them, I can never forget. It hurts me as much as it hurts them but I have to do this so that they'll give up on me. This is for their own good too. I can't put them in danger anymore.

Eun Kyo stayed on the rooftop until the bell rang signalling the end of school. She went to the classroom to collect her stuff, and was relieved when she saw that the boys weren't there. However when she walked out of the school gate, she saw all 7 of them waiting for her. She immediately turned and walked in the opposite direction. The boys caught up with her and surrounded her, preventing her from going further. Eun Kyo glared at them. "What do you want?"

Dongwoo stepped in front of her. "What do we want? That's what we should be asking you. Why are you acting like this? Why are you ignoring us all of a sudden? What did we do wrong? Tell us!" Eun Kyo just looked at him emotionlessly, while clutching the straps of her backpack tightly, trying to control herself. Sunggyu put his hands on her shoulders gently. "What's wrong with you, Eun Kyo ah? The way you're acting is scaring all of us." She brushed off his hands.

"All of you are curious to know what's wrong? Let me tell you what's wrong. I'M TIRED OF YOU. IS THAT A GOOD ENOUGH REASON?" They stared at her in shock, unable to comprehend what she just said. "What do you mean by you're tired of us?!" Sungyeol shook her violently.

"I'm sick of all of you! Is it so hard to understand? I'm sick of facing a bunch of arrogant and childish idiots everyday who are so bloody pampered just because they are princes. Why am I the one who's engaged to all of you? I've had enough of your every single day. I want to be free of your clutches! Why won't all of you just let me go?!" Eun Kyo yelled hysterically. The 7 of them looked at her with shock and hurt on their faces, not believing that she just said that.

"Eun Kyo ah, please don't be like this. I know that we're still very immature but we'll try hard to change. Please just give us a cha-" Sungjong said but was cut off. "Change? How will that make any difference? You guys will never change because all of you are so full of yourselves! It was a mistake from the start, I should have never accepted the engagement. Why did I let myself get tortured by the 7 of you? Just let me go, I beg all of you."

Woohyun suddenly hugged her from behind. "No I won't let you go! I refuse to! Please, please don't push us away. You know that we love you and I know that you love us too. So why are you saying all these to hurt our feelings?" He begged, his voice croaky. Eun Kyo struggled and tried to break free, but his grip remained tight. She breathed in heavily, and felt tears forming on her eyes. She refused to let them fall.

"Love? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Do you really think that I love all of you? I'm so sorry to tell you this but I'VE NEVER LOVED ANY OF YOU AT ALL. In the first place, I accepted the engagement cos I wanted to know how it feels like to be rich, to be part of the upper class. I thought I would be able to tolerate your personalities, but looks like I was wrong. I'm so sick and tired of all of your childish actions. Do you know how much I had to go through because of the 7 of you? I was hated and bullied by the girls in school. I had to suffer in silence. Now I finally have the chance to break free from all of this." Each and every word that she said pierced Infinite's hearts greatly.

Hoya grabbed her forcefully. "LIAR LIAR LIAR!!! ALL THAT YOU SAID ARE LIES. YOU DON'T THINK OF US IN THIS WAY AT ALL! I KNOW YOU DO LOVE US, STOP DENYING IT FOR HELL'S SAKE!" Eun Kyo narrowed her eyes coldly at him, trying to put on a strong front. "I am not denying it. I don't love you. Stop delusioning yourselves. After all, all of you only fell for my appearance didn't you? You guys only showed signs of attraction when I revealed my real looks. So don't act as if you really love me."

"Don't say that when you know nothing about how we really feel. We didn't fell for your appearance, you should know that very well. I don't understand why you're acting like this all of a sudden. But please don't insult our feelings for you." Sunggyu said in a stern tone. Eun Kyo's heart cringed at his words. She was almost on the verge of breaking down. I need to get away from them, fast. Before I start crying in front of them and they will know I'm just lying to make them give up on me.

"No matter what it is, I can't stay with you anymore. If you really love me like what you said, let me go." Eun Kyo said and walked away.

"Don't go!" L managed to choke out. Eun Kyo stopped in her tracks. "I said don't go. Please..." Tears were rolling down her cheeks already. She didn't turn back and quickly turned the corner before running into an alley. She slid down onto the floor, clutching her chest tightly. "It hurts...it hurts so much." She broke down. Her heart was breaking into a million pieces inside. The boys felt the same too. Their hearts were being torn apart literally.

Hoya's eyes were b with tears and L gripped his coat tightly, afraid that if he let go he would start crying too. Woohyun was already choking down tears. Sungyeol tried not to let his own tears fall but failed. Every word that Eun Kyo said were like arrows that pierced their hearts. Dongwoo punched the wall in frustration and anger. Sungjong and Sunggyu just looked at the direction which she left sadly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------