Chapter 5 - Attraction?

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvOrdtCOA3w

This can't be real right? This is not happening to me right now. I must be dreaming. Wake up. Eun Kyo WAKE UP!!! She screamed mentally, closed her eyes and opened them again. But she's still in the Moons' mansion, with the seven dumbfounded brothers and the two grinning grandfathers. Her brother, Eun Joon shouted excitedly and waved his hands in the air."YAY! I'm going to become the brother-in-law of royalty! Oh my gosh I am so gonna tell this to my classmates. Mum and Dad, you two are going to be in-laws with the royal family. Hey noona, I can't believe you bring such good fortune to our family eh? Hahahaha." Eun Kyo snapped out of her trance and smacked him on the head. "Can you shut up for once and stop adding oil to fire?! =_="

"Grandpa...but that doesn't really explain much. What do you mean by because you two are good friends so you betroth your grandchildren to each other? That's just ridiculous!" Hoya said after a while.

"Hahaha. Howon ah, you see, actually Baek Hwan is an onmyouji, and a highly-skilled one at that. When I was on a business trip 19 years ago, a demon appeared and was going to attack me. Baek Hwan happened to pass by and he saved me. I thought I was going to die at that time, luckily I am still alive today thanks to Baek Hwan. So we became good friends since then and we made this promise." Moon Dae Gil explained.

"So we are ...officially engaged?" Sungjong asked, still not sure whether this is true.

"Yes. Actually I wanted to announce this great news during Eun Kyo's 18th birthday, to give her a surprise. But Dae Gil couldn't wait to see his granddaughter-in-law so we decided to announce it today." Eun Kyo's grandfather said. Yeah, what a great surprise. Luckily Grandpa didn't announce it on my birthday, or I think I would have died of a heart attack on the day I was born. -_-" Eun Kyo thought sarcastically.

"Speaking of Eun Kyo's 18th birthday, it's coming soon right? How about we hold a grand birthday party for her? Right here, in this mansion! We can also take this chance to introduce her officially as Infinite's fiancee and my future granddaughter-in-law. What do you think, Baek Hwan?" Moon Dae Gil suggested. "That's an execellent idea! I was thinking of the same thing too. Great minds think alike! So it's settled then. We will hold a grand birthday party for Eun Kyo in this mansion next week. I have to start printing invitation cards already." Eun Kyo's grandfather said with a huge smile.

"You will print the invitation cards, leave the preparations to me. I will make sure that this will be the grandest 18th birthday party ever for my granddaughter-in-law! Hahaha." Moon Dae Gil laughed as he looks at Eun Kyo. Eun Kyo looked at the two elderly men who decided everything by themselves and sighed. The Kangs' proceeded to leave and was sent out by the head butler. Infinite followed them out.

Sungyeol called out to Eun Kyo. "Hey nerd. You aren't serious about marrying us are you? Are you just going to accept the engagement like that?" Eun Kyo turned around. "Obviously not. Although I didn't say anything just now, but I definitely won't accept this. What? Engagement with the 7 of you? That may be every dream of your fangirls' but definitely not me. To me, it's the worst nightmare ever. I can't even hold a proper conversation with you all without ending up arguing, how do they expect me to marry the 7 of you and live together for the rest of my life? I won't put my future happiness at stake. I will try to talk Grandpa out of it. I hope you 7 do the same by talking your grandfather out of it. I don't think you all would want to spend the rest of your lives with a NERD like me too." Then she followed her family out of the mansion.

"She really hates us, doesn't she?" Sunggyu said quietly.

"Yeah. And it's all your fault, Dongwoo! Why do you have to quarrel with her everytime we see her? Now she hates us to the core. Did you hear what she said? She said it's the worst nightmare ever to marry us. I've never heard that before from every girl I met." Woohyun said, smacking Dongwoo.

"What did I do again? Aish. I just can't help it. It's her attitude that pisses me off. You know I just shoot whatever that comes out of my mouth without thinking. I didn't really mean it in that way either. Anyway, she's right. We have to talk Grandpa out of it. That old man thinks that he can just betroth us to some girl like that? Ridiculous!"

"Do we really have to do that? Can't we just try to get along with her? Maybe after getting to know her better, we will actually discover that she's a nice girl." Sungjong said hopefully.

"Yeah...why don't we give it a try?" L muttered. The rest of Infinite stared at him in surprise. They didn't expect him to say things like that. After much consideration, they came to a conclusion. "Maybe she isn't that bad afterall. At least it's better than being engaged to one of the fangirls right? Can you imagine how it would be like? They would go "Oppa oppa OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE! AM I DREAMING?" Just thinking about it makes me shudder." Hoya said, mimicking their fangirls' reaction. Infinite laughed at his impersonation. Moon Dae Gil came out of the dining room. "I see all of you have decided to try it out with Eun Kyo eh? That's good. There's no harm in trying. Who knows what you will discover? Anyway Baek Hwan told me that he asked Eun Kyo to pass 7 amulets to all of you? Did she pass them to all of you?"

"Oh, so it was her grandfather who wanted her to pass the amulets to us. Then...he must be the one who played the prank on us." Sunggyu realised. "Yeah, make sure to wear them, it'll protect you. What prank?" Moon Dae Gil asked. Sunggyu passed him the "love letter". He read it and laughed aloud. "Hahaha. Baek Hwan never changes. He's still as playful as ever, even at this age. He wants to help his granddaughter earn extra points eh? Hahaha, seriously. Anyway that child, Eun Kyo, can't be as bad as you think. I know Baek Hwan must have taught her well. So just try to get along with her okay? Maybe the 7 of you will fall for her sooner than you think." The 7 of them nodded and contemplated their grandfather's words.

Next day, Eun Kyo went to school with a bored expression. She failed to talk her parents out of the whole stupid engagement thing after pestering and persuading them for the whole night. Her brother even tried to talk her into accepting it by tempting her with the royal's family fortune and all. -_-" She complained to Haekyung on the phone last night about it. Haekyung was really surprised and she chuckled while listening Eun Kyo rant about how ridiculous and stupid the whole thing was. She tried to assure Eun Kyo that the situation isn't as bad she thinks and encouraged her to try to get along with Infinite. Now at this point, I don't think I have a choice, do I? Maybe I should listen to Haekyung and try to get along with them. Eun Kyo thought to herself.

Ms.Kim asked Eun Kyo to carry some books to the staff room. The pile of books was really heavy, Eun Kyo struggled to carry them as she walked towards the staff room. Just then, Sunggyu passed by. He saw her struggling with the heavy load and offered to help her. Eun Kyo was surprised at his sudden act of kindness and muttered a 'thank you' as she gave half of the load to him. During lunch, while she was eating with Haekyung, Sungjong skipped over to their table and asked,"Can I eat with you?" Eun Kyo was surprised once more and just nodded. Throughout lunch, they chatted with each other and Eun Kyo began to understand Infinite a little better.

After lunch, she went to the library alone to find some books. Eun Kyo saw one of the books she wanted and tried to reach it by tip-toeing. However it was too high for her. Suddenly a hand reached over her head and took the book she wanted.  She turned around, and saw that it was Sungyeol. He handed the book to her. "Here you are." She said thank you and he actually smiled. Eun Kyo realised that Sungyeol had chubby cheeks and when he smiled he looked really cute. She blushed a little, he noticed her blushing and his smile grew even wider. She scolded herself mentally. Why the hell am I acting like that in front of him? She was on her way back to class when she bumped into Woohyun.

"Oops, I'm so sorry I didn't see you." Eun Kyo apologised and looked up to see Woohyun. "It's ok. This is for you. I was looking for you just now but I couldn't find you. I'm glad to bump into you." He said, taking out strawberry pudding from his pocket and gave it to her. Eun Kyo stared at the pudding in her hand and looked at him blankly. "This is an apology gift from me on behalf of Dongwoo. Sorry that he always says things recklessly. He doesn't really mean it that way, he's just straightforward. I hope you won't hold a grudge against him." Eun Kyo nodded slowly and gave a small smile. "It's okay. I'm at fault too for always giving him attitude. I hope he won't take it to heart too." Woohyun grinned at her, thinking. She can be nice too! And she looks kinda cute when she smiles.

Eun Kyo walked into the classroom, smiling to herself. She didn't know Infinite could be nice too. Somehow she was glad that she didn't let her biased opinions of them rule over her head. Someone watched her from outside the classroom, gritting her teeth in anger. Why did Infinite treat her so well? Woohyun oppa even gave her an apology gift! I must find out the reason behind their actions. I won't allow this stupid to snatch them away from me and ruin my plans of entering the royal family!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ And i updated again! Woots. I'm so proud of myself. Hahaha. I like this chapter personally cos Infinite are starting to treat her better. ^^ but someone is bound to ruin their relationship. who is it? i think you all already know. hehe. 30 subscribers!!! << I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY! XD