Chapter 25 - Because Of You

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF5s0Y5qCxA&feature=related

The sound of frantic footsteps could be heard as the 6 boys ran through the hospital corridors. They asked which room L was admitted to and burst into the room to find Gongchan sitting beside a lifeless L on the bed. Their eyes widened. "How is he? What exactly happened?" Sungyeol asked with worry in his voice." Gongchan took a deep breath. "Hyeyeon almost out all his energy of his body. Luckily we managed to save him in time. Otherwise he won't be lying here right now."

"But why hasn't he woken up?" Woohyun asked.

"He still needs some time to recover after I transferred my energy to him."

"Thanks a lot, Gongchan. We owe it to you that our brother's still alive." Sunggyu patted Gongchan's shoulder gratefully. "No big deal. I would have done the same thing if it was anyone else." He replied, shrugging his shoulders. "Where's Eun Kyo anyway?" Sungjong asked while looking around the room.

"She went after the demon who was behind all this I think.  A demon who took control of Hyeyeon I suppose. Otherwise there's no explainable reason for her actions other than this."

"There's another demon?! Woah. Why are there so many demons trying to take our lives?" Dongwoo said. "Most probably it's because of your royal blood. It's said that one drop of your blood can make a demon's powers increase by ten folds or even more." Gongchan explained. The boys shuddered at the thought of demons after their blood.

Just then, Eun Kyo entered the room, looking exhausted and somewhat upset. Woohyun went up to her. "Are you okay? You seem really exhausted. Did you manage to exterminate the demon?" Eun Kyo shook her head. "No, she managed to escape. I managed to make her show her true form. She's a nine-tailed fox demon. I think she took control of Hyeyeon somehow and made her out L's energy."

"What's her reason for doing this? Is she after our blood too?" Hoya asked. Eun Kyo swallowed nervously and avoided eye contact. "I...I suppose so." Sunggyu noticed her reaction. He put his hands on her shoulders gently and made her face him. "What's wrong? That's not the real reason is it?"

"EeSeul...She wants to take revenge on me. The snake demon I killed last time was her sister. She wanted me to pay for what I have done to her sister. She said she will make sure that I see my loved ones die in front of my eyes." Eun Kyo's voice shook with fear. She was scared. Scared of what will happen to her family and Infinite. Sunggyu pulled her into his embrace and her hair softly. "Don't worry, nothing will happen to us. We will protect ourselves. Even if we can't, there's still you right? And Gongchan. So don't worry about us." Her fear and uneasiness start to melt away in his warm embrace. The rest of the boys nodded in unison.

"Yeah, you don't have to worry about us, Eunnie! We can protect ourselves very well, even better than you think. I know taekwondo. I have a black belt! Hiyah!" Dongwoo said, making a stance. Eun Kyo smiled a little at his words. "Pabo! So what if you know taekwondo? Do you think a demon would be defeated so easily just by fighting her with your fists?" Sungjong smacked his older brother's head. "Yah I'm just trying to lighten up the mood! And how dare you smack your hyung you little brat, come here!" Dongwoo pulled Sungjong into a headlock while tickling him. Everyone laughed at the sight.

"Why are all of you so noisy? I'm trying to rest here." L said while opening his eyes. "Hyung, you've awaken finally!" Sungjong dodged Dongwoo's attacks while running to L. He helped L to sit up. Eun Kyo sat beside him and clutched his hand. "Are you okay? How are you feeling now?" L her cheek gently. "I'm fine now. Don't worry."

"L what happened? Why did you become like this?" Hoya asked, concerned. "I was on my way back to the cafeteria after taking my wallet when Hyeyeon pulled me into the empty classroom. She hugged me and when I tried to get away from her, suddenly a strong sweet smell drifted into my nose and I felt dizzy. After that I actually saw Eun Kyo which I don't know why, and then we started kissing and then I started to feel all weak. The last person I saw before I became unconscious was Gongchan. I don't really remember what happened after that." L recalled. Gongchan nodded.

"That explains why you were kissing Hyeyeon when we found you. So you thought that she's Eun Kyo? Me and Eun Kyo smelled the sweet smell when we entered the classroom too. If I'm not wrong, it should be the Love Illusion Potion. This type of potion will create illusions that the one you love or like is right in front of you. That explains why you saw Eun Kyo all of a sudden. Hyeyeon must have sprinkled the potion onto herself before meeting you. When you came into contact with her, you mistook her as an illusion of Eun Kyo. As for why she was your energy out, I bet EeSeul must be controlling her at that point of time." Gongchan explained. Everybody had a oh-I-see expression on their faces.

"EeSeul told her that she wants to take revenge on Eun Kyo for killing her sister which is the snake demon we encountered before by killing her loved ones before taking her life. Now she's worried about what will happen to us." Sungyeol told L. L looked at Eun Kyo, who looked worried and upset. He kissed her forehead lightly. "Silly girl. Nothing will happen to us. I promise you I will take care of myself okay? I promise that I won't let you worry ever again." Eun Kyo nodded and smiled. "And Gongchan, thank you for saving my life. If you weren't there, I would have died." Gongchan gave him a small smile.

"By the way, why is it always Hyeyeon who gets possessed and controlled by the demons?" Hoya asked curiously.

"Maybe because she's evil at heart. The demons know that that's why they choose to possess her. Hahaha. Or the author doesn't like her. LOLLLLL." Sungyeol joked. Woohyun rolled his eyes. "I say that she was driven by her immense jealousy for Eun Kyo." Everybody agreed. Then they heard voices in the corridor.

"Which room is it? Is it this room?" A man's voice asked.

"Poor Myungsoo, my baby. Why did this happen to him?" Another woman's voice said. 3 people entered the room. "Umma, Appa, Haraboji (Grandpa)!" The 7 boys chorused. Mrs Moon pushed Eun Kyo out of the way and sat beside L. "Myungsoo ah, are you okay? Do you know that appa and umma was worried sick when we heard that you're in hospital? What happened?" 

"To cut the long story short, L almost got his energy out because of a demon but was saved by Eun Kyo and Gongchan." Sunggyu explained.

"What? Why did a demon attack Myungsoo for no reason?" Mr Moon said, his thick eyebrows knotted. Woohyun was about to say something but Eun Kyo stepped forward instead. "It's because of me. That demon wanted to take revenge on me for killing her sister last time, that's why she wanted to kill L. She wanted me to suffer the pain of losing the ones I love too." She said ruefully.

Infinite's parents looked at her incredulously. "You mean Myungsoo is in this plight because of...you?" Mrs Moon said slowly. Eun Kyo nodded guiltily. PIAK!  She was slapped across her left cheek, leaving a distinct red mark on her face. Everybody was shocked at what Mrs Moon just did. "Stupid brat! You actually put my son in danger because of you? What if he died? Will you be able to return another son to me? Will you?!" Mrs Moon shook Eun Kyo violently. Mr Moon pulled his wife away.

"Calm down, no point flaring up at her when the harm has already been done. Eun Kyo sshi, I'm sorry for my wife's actions but she has a point. Parents like us just want our children to be safe and sound. I don't want my sons' lives to be put in danger because of you. I'm sure you can't bear to see them being put in danger because of you too right? I hope you will reconsider the decision to break off the engagement. This is for both of your own good. Come on, let's go." Mr Moon escorted his wife out.

Eun Kyo clutched her left cheek, tears b at her eyes. Sungjong walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Eunnie ah are you okay? Don't mind what our parents said just now. They're just really worried about L hyung." She still didn't have any reaction. Moon Dae Gil came up to her. "Eun Kyo ah, don't worry about what my son and daughter-in-law said to you just now. I will never allow the engagement to be broken off just like this. You are the only granddaughter-in-law that I approve."

Eun Kyo was on the verge of bursting into tears. She curled her hand into a tight fist, trying hard to not let the tears fall out. "I...I need to be alone for a while." She rushed out of the room. "Eun Kyo ah!" Dongwoo wanted to run after her but Hoya stopped him. "Give her some time alone. I think she needs to let everything out." Dongwoo's head bowed down. Gongchan wanted to go after her too, but he hesitated and stopped himself from doing so. I don't think I'm in a position to comfort her right now.

Eun Kyo opened the door leading to the stairs and sat on one of the steps, crying her heart out. The actions and words of Infinite's parents replayed over and over in her head. "What if he died? Will you be able to return another son to me? Will you?!"  "Parents like us just want our children to be safe and sound. I don't want my sons' lives to be put in danger because of you."  "I hope you will reconsider the decision to break off the engagement. This is for both of your own good."  She clutched the left side of her blouse tightly. A tear slid down her cheek slowly. Maybe I really should let go now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Another update! ^^ This chapter is a sad one though. T__T anyway please support my new apply fic >> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/54336/strings-of-romance-apply-b1a4-infinite-romance-you-boyfriendband-arts  It's another collaboration with omo904! And my 2nd fic~  ^__^v