Chapter 17 - Birthday & Engagement Party

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVrBKMfcqx4

Eun Kyo looked at the dresses all spread out on her bed. Those were the only nice dresses she thought that were fit for a grand occasion. She tried on each one but wasn't satisfied at all. Her mother came into the room. "Eun Kyo ah, are you done? The car should be arriving soon. Woah, what a mess. What did you do?" All the dresses were either on the floor or thrown on the bed. "Mum I can't find the right dress to wear for the party. None of them seems suitable." Eun Kyo frowned. "Ah I see. Actually I forgot to tell you that your dress for the party has already been chosen by His Highness. He specially asked the princes' personal stylist to choose your dress. Here it is. Put it on quickly i'll do your makeup and hair later." She put a nicely wrapped box on Eun Kyo's bed and left.

Eun Kyo unwrapped it and revealed a champagne pink ruffled tube dress and a pair of heels. Wow! This dress and heels are totally gorgeous. She thought to herself. She put them on and looked at herself in the mirror. They fit her perfectly. Eun Kyo walked out of the room. "Wow! Is that you, noona? You look so different!" Eun Joon exclaimed. She blushed shyly. Her parents grinned at her. "My daughter has grown up finally! Happy Birthday sweetheart!" They hugged her. "Thanks Mum and Dad."

Her mother sat her down and began styling her hair and putting on makeup for her. After she's done, Eun Kyo opened her eyes and stared into the mirror, amazed by her own reflection. "Is this me? I look so...beautiful." Her mother beamed proudly at her daughter. "You are naturally beautiful so I didn't put much makeup. Come on, let's go. The car is waiting outside already." Eun Kyo bid her family goodbye and got into the limousine that Moon Dae Gil prepared for her. The chaffeur drove to the mansion.

Meanwhile, Infinite was waiting for Eun Kyo's arrival. Girls were swooning over them and asking them to dance but Infinite ignored them. All of them only wanted to dance with that one and only girl in their heart. "Has she arrived yet?" Dongwoo poked Hoya. "No. They will announce if she arrived. She's the main character today after all." L fidgeted around nervously. "Yah why are you so nervous? You can't wait to see her already after we spent a whole day together?" Sungyeol teased. "Speak for yourself. You have been asking mutiple times whether she has arrived yet." L scoffed.

Sungyeol wasn't the only one. In fact, all 7 of them were anticipating for her arrival. "Our main character has arrived. Let's welcome Kang Eun Kyo, our birthday girl and fiancee of Infinite!" The host announced. Everybody turned to the entrance. Eun Kyo walked into the ballroom. Everyone's eyes was on her. The guys couldn't take her eyes off her, especially Infinite. She looked absolutely stunning. The girls stared at her in jealousy and envy.

Eun Kyo smiled and walked up to Infinite. Their hearts skipped a beat with each step she took towards them. "Hi oppas. Have you been waiting for a long time?" Infinite's faces reddened. "Y-you look beautiful." Sungyeol managed to stutter out. She blushed and smiled shyly. "Thank you." She noticed that the 7 of them looked even more handsome in suits. Before the rest could say anything, Moon Dae Gil walked up to them. "Ah you've finally arrived, my future granddaughter-in-law. Happy Birthday! You look beautiful toninght. Come on, I'm going to introduce you to my relatives." He dragged Eun Kyo away, much to the dismay of the 7 of them. After much hassle, Moon Dae Gil finally announced that it's time for the engagement ceremony.

Both Eun Kyo and Infinite faced each other on the stage. The host announced, "Now we'll proceed with the engagement ceremony. The couple may exchange engagement rings now." Sunggyu took the ring from the ring bearer beside him and slid it onto Eun Kyo's ring finger. Eun Kyo took the 7 rings from the bridesmaid and put them on for each of Infinite. They smiled at each other. "The engagement is official now. Kang Eun Kyo and the 7 royal princes - Moon Sunggyu, Moon Dongwoo, Moon Woohyun, Moon Howon, Moon Sungyeol, Moon Myungsoo and Moon Sungjong is officially engaged to each other from today onwards."

Everyone clapped in congratulation except for Hyeyeon. She gritted her teeth in fury. Even though you're officially engaged to them, but as long as you are not married yet, I will still have a chance to snatch them back. I won't let this off so easily, Kang Eun Kyo. A slim, elegant woman who stood next to her looked at her with interest. Hmm. Interesting. Looks like she is the one who can help me realise my plan. Her overpowering jealousy will make her succumb to me.

It was time for dinner and dance. Eun Kyo walked over to the table where Haekyung and Gong Chan were. "Congratulations and happy birthday, princess!" Haekyung hugged her. Eun Kyo laughed. "What princess? I'm only their fiancee." Hoya came over and wrapped his arm around her waist. "You're not only our fiancee, you're also our princess. Our one and only princess." She blushed at his words. Gong Chan looked at Eun Kyo and Hoya with a sad smile. Looks like I lost my chance forever the moment she's engaged. How I wish I knew her before Infinite does. Now I have no choice but to congratulate her even though I'm not willing to. "Congratulations, Eun Kyo ah." He shook her hand. "Thank you."

Infinite walked towards them. Dongwoo extended his hand to Eun Kyo. "May I have the honour to have the first dance with you?" She smiled and took his hand. They walked to the centre of the ballroom. Dongwoo held one of her hands and put the other hand gently on her waist. They started dancing as the orchestra played soothing classical music. "Did I tell you before? You are the most beautiful girl here tonight. And probably also the only one that captured my heart." Eun Kyo's cheeks flushed pink and she looked down shyly. He drew her close and she lay her head on his shoulder, enjoying the romantic moment. Each one of Infinite danced with her after that, the last was Sunggyu.

Sunggyu and Eun Kyo stared into each other's eyes as they danced. He was mesmerized by her beauty, she just stared back, her heartbeat increasing by the second. It's my first time dancing with all of them. For some reason, they look so different, and I feel so weird around them. My heartbeat speeds up when they compliment me or kiss me, and I just can't help but blush when they smile at me. I think I'm really in love with them. Eun Kyo grew redder when she thought of that. Sunggyu noticed that and chuckled lightly. He kissed her forehead gently. Then he drew her close and kissed her on the lips sweetly. Eun Kyo's eyes widened but she didn't push away. Instead she closed her eyes and kissed him back. Fireworks exploded in Sunggyu's head as he felt her kiss him back. He deepened the kiss and closed the gap between them.

A woman lurked in the shadows, smirking when she saw them kiss. "Enjoy this moment right now, Kang Eun Kyo. Because you won't have a chance to do that anymore soon. I'll make sure you suffer for killing my sister."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Another update! Sorry for the delay everytime. I'm starting to grow lazy. :/ My holidays are starting soon so I'll have more time to update~ I promise. (: