Chapter 10 - Why me?

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdeKGIAO374

The next day at school, Eun Kyo went to eat with lunch with Infinite, Haekyung and Gong Chan. "Hey why are you always sticking to Eun Kyo? Don't you have other friends in this school?" Dongwoo asked randomly. "Erm..." Gong Chan didn't know how to answer him. "Yah, why can't he stick with me? We are good friends. Stop bullying him, redhead!" Eun Kyo scolded Dongwoo.

"Redhead? Aish, at least I'm slightly older than you, you should call me oppa instead!" Dongwoo complained. Eun Kyo stuck her tongue out at him. "I don't want to~ what can you do? Hehehe."

"How about me? I'm older than you also. Call me oppa, Eunnie~" Woohyun whined while tugging her hand. Eun Kyo giggled. "Okay okay, Woohyun oppa~" Woohyun grinned in satisfaction. "She called me oppa, did you all hear that?"

"Yah how about me? Call me oppa too!" The rest of Infinite began to make noise. Eun Kyo shook her head and laughed. "Sungyeol oppa, L oppa, Hoya oppa, Sunggyu oppa. Happy? Sungjong you're the same age as me, so I don't have to call you oppa right?"

"Although we're of the same age, but I'm still older than you! You are born in October right? I'm born in September, I'm one month older than you~ so you must call me oppa too!" Sungjong reasoned. Eun Kyo pouted and said cutely,"Arasso, Sungjong oppa~"

"Aigoo so cute~" Sungjong pinched her cheeks and gave her a peck on the cheek. Eun Kyo looked at him in surprise and a blush started to form on her face. The rest of Infinite were shocked by their maknae's sudden actions too. "Yah, who said you can kiss her!" Dongwoo smacked Sungjong on his head. Sungjong rubbed his head and pouted. "And you! Why do you call everyone oppa except me? So unfair! I don't care, you must call me oppa too!" Dongwoo pointed at Eun Kyo. Eun Kyo made a face and mumbled. "Stupid Redhead oppa." Dongwoo heard that and said,"Yah, what redhead oppa! It's Dongwoo oppa. D-O-N-G-W-O-O, repeat after me!" He tickled Eun Kyo. 

"Ahahahahaha. Stop stop! It's so ticklish. Okay okay, DONGWOO OPPA!" Eun Kyo laughed. Everyone was in a happy mood. Hyeyeon looked at them from afar and gritted her teeth. After lunch, it was maths lesson. Eun Kyo hates math. It's her lousiest subject. Today their teacher will be giving back their test papers. The moment that she dreaded has finally arrived. Eun Kyo looked at the huge red 'D' on her test paper and sighed in disappointment. D again? When will I ever get a better grade than this? It's not that I don't pay attention in class, but the sight of numbers makes me want to sleep. -__-"  She walked out of the class. Sunggyu came up to her.

"What's with the sad face?"

"I got a D for my math test again. Why is it so hard to score well for math? It's just a bunch of stupid numbers which makes me want to sleep." Eun Kyo complained, pouting. Sunggyu ruffled her hair and smiled. "Our Eunnie is upset because of math? Haha. Do you want me to teach you? Math happens to be my best subject."

"Really? Thank you so much, Sunggyu oppa! Saranghae~" Eun Kyo's face lit up and she made a heart sign with her hands. Sunggyu looked at her with a soft expression. She's so happy just because I said I can teach her math? She even said i love you to me. So cute. Eun Kyo went to her locker to take out her textbooks for the next lesson. Sunggyu oppa's so nice to offer to teach me math. Now I don't need to worry about my grades. She thought happily and smiled. However, her smile disappeared when she saw that her textbooks were all torn. She took them out and examined them. Each page was either vandalized or torn. There were words like '' and '' written all over the pages. "What's wrong, Eun Kyo?" Sunggyu came behind her. Eun Kyo quickly stuffed the books back into the locker and closed it. "Nothing. I just realised I forgot to bring my textbooks for the next lesson. I'm going to borrow from Haekyung." She walked back to the classroom hastily, not letting Sunggyu have the chance to ask her anything.

Sunggyu looked at her with his eyebrows creased. Although her expression seems fine, but there's something about her that seems uneasy. I wonder why. Eun Kyo went back to her seat and sat down. She felt something drop onto the floor and she saw that it's a slip of paper. She picked it up. "How do you like our masterpiece in your locker? This a warning for you, . STAY AWAY FROM THE 7 OF THEM OR ELSE YOU'LL GET IT FROM US." Eun Kyo looked at the words written on the paper. She sighed. It's their fangirls. I knew it. I knew this would be coming but it came sooner than I expected. "What's that?" Gong Chan came bouncing over. Eun Kyo quickly scrunched up the paper and threw it into the rubbish bin at the back of the class. "Nothing much." She faked a smile. She didn't want anyone else to know about this lest they get dragged into it.

Next day at school, Eun Kyo opened her locker. A strong and disgusting stench emanated out from her locker. People around her pinched their noses in disgust. A rotten egg was thrown into her locker. She took out everything in her locker and started wiping the rotten egg off with her handkerchief. Then she went into the toilet and washed her handkerchief with soap. She stared at her reflection in the mirror and sighed. When is this ever gonna stop? History is repeating itself again. I don't wanna experience all this one more time. During PE lesson, Infinite was playing basketball with other guys and the fangirls cheers were as loud as usual. Eun Kyo sat with Haekyung and Gong Chan on the bleachers by the side.

"Eun Kyo ah, what's wrong? Your expression doesn't seem good." Gong Chan asked, worried about her. "Nothing, just kinda stressed about school work." Eun Kyo gave a little smile. She didn't want Gong Chan to know about the bullying because she knows that he will definitely tell Infinite or try to help her in some way, and she didn't want that to happen because she doesn't want him to get into trouble because of her or make Infinite feel guilty. L happened to look at their direction and he saw Eun Kyo's troubled expression. I wonder what's wrong. She's not her usual cheerful self. His eyebrows furrowed with curiosity.

"Eun Kyo ah, look here!' Dongwoo called as he shoot the ball into the hoop. He whooped in joy and hi-fived the rest of Infinite. Then he ran over to Eun Kyo and put his hand around her shoulder. "Did you see that? How was I? Cool right?" Eun Kyo laughed and slapped his hand away playfully. "Oppa you're so thick-skinned." The rest of Infinite came over.

"Just ignore him. His ego has been getting out of hand ever since you started calling him oppa. Did you see how handsome I was just now? I bet you were swooning over me right?" Woohyun said. "Look who's talking. You say that Dongwoo hyung's ego is huge, how about yours? It's even bigger than an elephant." Sungjong shot back.

"Aish shuddap. And why are using informal speech with your hyung?"

"Because I have the least respect for you out of all of them." Sungjong stuck out his tongue at Woohyun. All of them laughed. Woohyun pouted. "Your aegyo doesn't work on me. It always fails to work on us." Sungjong said. Woohyun strode towards him and tried to smack him. Sungjong hid behind Eun Kyo. She laughed as she looked at them trying to smack each other. She feels really happy and comfortable when she is with them. Even though she incurred the fangirls' wrath because of Infinite's attention, she still wants to be with them.

PE lesson ended and everyone went to change back into their uniforms. Eun Kyo went into the girls' changing room and opened the locker. Her uniform was missing. She tried searching for it everywhere but couldn't find it. Haekyung came over. "What's wrong?" Eun Kyo told her and Haekyung helped her to look for her uniform. "Hey is this your uniform?" Haekyung said, picking up a uniform from the rubbish bin in a corner. Eun Kyo recognised it immediately. "Yeah, that's mine." She took her uniform from Haekyung and tried to dust the dirt off.

"Care to explain why is it in the rubbish bin? This is not the first time right? I heard somebody threw a rotten egg into your locker this morning. Your textbooks are also torn too, that's why you have been borrowing textbooks from me." Haekyung asked. Eun Kyo's eyes widened. "How did you know?"

"A lot of people saw it and were gossiping about you in class. I didn't ask you because you don't seem want to talk about it. I was waiting for you to talk to me about it when you're ready. It's the fangirls right? It must be them. They must be jealous that Infinite's so close to you that's why they're doing all this. Eun Kyo ah, this is serious. They're too overboard. I must get back at those es." Haekyung stormed off, bent on getting revenge for her. Eun Kyo quickly stopped her.

"No. Haekyung ah don't do that. It'll only make matters worse. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me." Eun Kyo said. "Then at least let me tell Infinite about this. It is partly their fault for this. I don't want you to suffer in silence again. Not this time."

"No! Don't tell them. Please Haekyung, I beg you. I don't want them to feel guilty because of this. Just let it be. I will be okay, trust me." Eun Kyo pleaded. Haekyung looked at her best friend. She felt so useless that she can't help her at all when she's in trouble. She nodded and Eun Kyo sighed in relief.

The following day, Eun Kyo was on her way to the school library when she was dragged into a corner suddenly. She saw 5 girls surrounding her. They looked pissed off. "I heard that you're actually Infinite's fiancee? That's why they're treating you so nicely. What did you do to seduce them?!" One of them yelled and slapped her. How did they know that? Other than Haekyung, nobody else should know about this. Eun Kyo thought, surprised.

"Who are you to snatch them away from us? You filthy . Just because you look prettier after you took off your glasses doesn't mean you can go seduce them." Another girl kicked Eun Kyo in the stomach. "Yeah! Didn't you receive our warnings? We gave you so many warnings already, yet you took no heed of them huh? You really won't stay away from them? We'll make sure you regret that you didn't listen to us!" The tallest girl, who seem to be their leader said. The five of them slapped, kicked and punched Eun Kyo continuously. She couldn't even fight back. Then they dragged her into the girls' toilet.

Another girl was in there with a bucket of ice water. She poured the ice water directly on Eun Kyo. Eun Kyo screamed as the ice cold water drenched her body. It was winter and the weather was exceptionally cold. The six of them looked at her shivering on the floor and snickered. "Serves you right for snatching our oppas away." They left, locked the door of the toilet and walked away laughing. Eun Kyo was curled up on the floor, shivering non-stop. Her lip was bleeding, her face, arms and legs were bruised and hurt immensely. She struggled to sit up. Why. Why me? Why am I always the one who has to endure all this? One time is enough. I thought that things would be better in this school, but why is this happening to me again?

Tears began to fall uncontrollably as Eun Kyo recalled the past. She clutched her body tightly, trying to stop herself from shivering. Her head was getting heavier and her vision blurred. Somebody. Save me please. She thought before collapsing onto the floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sorry for the short update again! I'm having writer's block. :/ i think i fail at writing sweet scenes. Poor eun kyo getting bullied by the fangirls cause of Hyeyeon. Who will come to save her? Next chapter will be up soon~ ^~^