Chapter 7 - Lucky?

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5EpugoP06U

Eun Kyo opened her eyes to find herself lying on the hospital bed. She sat up, looked around and was surprised to see Infinite sleeping in all sorts of positions in the room. Sunggyu and Woohyun was sleeping in sofachairs, L and Sungyeol was sleeping on the couch with L's legs on Sungyeol's stomach, Dongwoo and Hoya was dozing off while leaning on each other in a weird way, Sungjong was sleeping in a chair with his head lying on the hospital bed. Eun Kyo smiled to herself at the sight of them sleeping soundly. Dongwoo was even snoring. Did they stay here all night with me? Hmm. I'm kinda touched by that. I guess they're the ones who sent me to the hospital. They look really tired. A warm feeling engulfed her heart as she looks at their sleeping faces.

Eun Kyo felt thirsty and wanted to drink some water, so she tried to pour some water from the jug on the side table but accidentally knocked over a cup, luckily it was made of plastic so it didn't smash into pieces. However the sound of the cup dropping onto the floor woke Sungjong up. Sungjong slowly got up, rubbed his eyes and looked at Eun Kyo. "You are awake? Hyungs, she woke up, wake up!" Sungjong went over to each of them and shook them. There was some difficulty in waking up Dongwoo and Sungyeol. Hoya smacked Dongwoo's head and he woke up immediately shouting. "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? IS THERE A FIRE?!" All of them laughed at him. L pinched both of Sungyeol's cheeks and he woke up with a grumpy expression.

All 7 of them stared at Eun Kyo curiously. "What? Is there something on my face?" Her hands went up to her face. Just then she realised her glasses were missing. She began searching around for it. "Where's my glasses? Did any of you see it?" Infinite shook their heads. Sunggyu spoke first. "Your glasses shattered at the greenhouse. Don't you think you owe us an explanation for what happened at the greenhouse? When we reached there we saw both you and Hyeyeon fainted on the ground. What exactly happened?" Eun Kyo was contemplating on how to explain to them when Hoya said, "Haekyung told us your grandfather is a famous omnyouji and that you also know the art of exorcism yourself. So actually what happened at the greenhouse? Why did Hyeyeon attack us suddenly?"

"Just like what I've said at the greenhouse before all of you left, Hyeyeon was possessed by the snake demon who's after your royal blood. The snake demon failed last time when it tried to kill the 7 of you so it attempted the second time. Remember the blackout at school the other time? And when you all saw me standing alone in the school field? I was dealing with the snake demon at that time but because Dongwoo interrupted me so it managed to escape. That's why Grandpa asked me to give you amulets, it's to protect against those demons who are after the 7 of you."

"So it's kinda my fault that the snake demon managed to escape and attack us again? Oops, I'm sorry." Dongwoo apologised guiltily. "Nah it's okay. It wasn't really your fault." Eun Kyo said. "So is the snake demon exterminated already? You still haven't explained why both of you fainted." Woohyun asked.

"Yup it's already exterminated, luckily. As for why did I faint, it's because when Hyeyeon was possessed by the snake demon, it out her energy so if I don't transfer mine to hers, she will die. That's why she fainted, and I passed out of exhaustion after transferring my energy to her."

"Oh I see. No wonder the doctor said that there's nothing wrong with you, you're only extremely exhausted and need a long rest. Can I ask you another thing? Why did you hide your looks behind glasses?" Sungyeol said. The rest of Infinite also wanted to know the answer. Eun Kyo bit her lip and thought about how to answer this question. She didn't really want to let them know the reason. Just then, Haekyung came in and saved her from answering Infinite's question. Eun Kyo sighed in relief. "Eun Kyo ah, you've awaken? That's great. I wanted to accompany you until you woke up but the 7 of them insisted on staying with you themselves." All of their faces went red with embarrassment at Haekyung's words. "Really? Thank you so much for bringing me to the hospital and accompanying me through the night." Eun Kyo smiled happily at them.

The 7 of them looked at her smiling face, and their hearts went "ba-bump". Somehow they really like how she looks now, without her glasses covering her true beauty. Moon Dae Gil entered the room with her family. "Eun Kyo ah, are you okay? We were so worried when we heard that you're in hospital. Are you hurt anywhere?" Her mother asked worriedly. "Mum, I'm fine so don't worry okay? I'm just too exhausted after transferring my energy." Eun Kyo assured her mother. "Yah pig, why don't you know how to take care of yourself? Don't make us worry like that." Eun Joon said with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Don't call me pig! I'm your noona. I won't make you all worry again so don't worry okay?" Eun Kyo said while sticking out her tongue at her brother. "Good job, Eun Kyo. You exterminated the snake demon right? I heard a girl from your school was possessed by it and tried to harm the princes? Is she alright now?" Kang Baek Hwan praised his granddaughter proudly. "Yup, she's in another hospital room. I transferred my energy to her already so there won't by any problems."

"I went to visit that girl just now before coming over here. She's the principal's daughter right? Her parents were worried sick. Anyway Eun Kyo ah, thank you very much for protecting my grandsons. They probably wouldn't be here right not if not for you. Your exorcism skills are really good. Looks like Baek Hwan has a successor already." Moon Dae Gil thanked the girl sincerely. "Don't need to thank me, Your Highness. It was just a small matter. I would have helped even if it was other people. It's my duty as an omnyouji to exterminate demons." Eun Kyo replied. Infinite felt kind of disappointed when they heard that. They hoped it would be something else more than that.

Hyeyeon woke up to find herself in hospital. "Hyeyeon ah, you're finally awake! You have no idea how worried we are when we learnt that you are in hospital. Luckily you didn't really hurt yourself anywhere." Her parents said, relieved. "Who brought me here?" She said while rubbing her temples. Her head was throbbing and hurting real badly. She can't seem to recall what happened before she ended up here. "It was the princes. Their grandfather, His Highness, came and briefly explained to us that a girl saved you after you were possessed by a spirit. Now she's also in hospital, in another room. We wanted to wait for you to wake up before we go and visit her to express our thanks." Hyeyeon's mother said. "Take a rest first, we are going to visit that girl, we'll back in a short while." Her parents left.

Eun Kyo and Infinite were laughing at Dongwoo's jokes when two people came in. "Hi. We are Hyeyeon's parents. We heard that you saved our daughter when she was possessed? Thank you very much really. She wouldn't be alive now if it weren't for you." They bowed 90 degrees to express their heartfelt gratitude. "Please get up. I just did what I could. It was nothing much really." Eun Kyo quickly helped them up. "Hahaha. She's my future granddaughter-in-law and the successor of her grandfather, Kang Baek Hwan. I'm proud to have her as my granddaughter-in-law." Moon Dae Gil grinned widely. "Ah, that reminds me. Please take this. This is an invitation to Eun Kyo's 18th birthday party. It will be held next week at Dae Gil's mansion. We will be officially introducing her as Infinite's fiancee at the party. You're welcome to attend it." Eun Kyo's grandfather took out an invitation and passed it to Hyeyeon's parents. Eun Kyo's face turned red at the word 'fiancee'.

"Thank you. We will definitely attend it. We shall take our leave now." Hyeyeon's parents left. They went back to Hyeyeon's hospital room. "So the girl who saved Hyeyeon is Infinite's fiancee? She's beautiful and well-mannered. His Highness really has chosen the right girl for his grandsons." Hyeyeon's father remarked. Hyeyeon's head snapped up at the word 'fiancee'. "What did you say? Infinite's fiancee? Who is she? Why didn't I know that oppas have a fiancee?" She demanded.

"She's the granddaughter of the famous omnyouji, Kang Baek Hwan. I didn't know that the princes were betrothed to someone until just now. Look, this is the invitation card to her birthday party next week. The elders will be officially introducing her as Infinite's fiancee at the party." Hyeyeon's mother showed her the invitation card. Hyeyeon opened the card and read "You're welcomed to attend Kang Eun Kyo's 18th birthday party on the 26th of June". Her eyes widened in shock. Kang Eun Kyo?! She's Infinite's fiancee?! How is that possible? Wait, she's the one who saved me? Hyeyeon closed her eyes. Suddenly images of the tall, slim woman, Infinite and Eun Kyo at the greenhouse flashed in her mind. She remembered everything that happened.

I attacked Infinite oppas? OH MY GOSH. How did that happen? The last thing I remembered was looking into a strange woman's eyes before fainting. Mum mentioned about me being possessed. Don't tell me I was possessed so I attacked Infinite oppas? But why the hell was Kang Eun Kyo there to save me? AND WHY IS SHE INFINITE'S FIANCEE?!  "It's not possible..." She murmured. "Hyeyeon ah, are you okay?" Hyeyeon's mother looked at her worriedly. "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! HOW CAN SHE BE INFINITE'S FIANCEE? THAT POSITION IS SUPPOSE TO BE MINE! THEY ARE MINE! L IS MINE! I WON'T LET HER TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME. I WON'T LET HER ENTER THE ROYAL FAMILY JUST LIKE THATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!" She screamed hysterically while messing up her hair with her hands. Her parents were shocked at her sudden outburst. Kang Eun Kyo, you better watch out! I won't let you have good days ahead! Hyeyeon thought while grabbing the blanket tightly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New update! I hope this update is good. :/  Hyeyeon's really hysterical isn't she? LOL. She will be even more evil towards Eun Kyo after knowing she's Infinite's fiancee. Is Infinite falling for her? hehehe. New character will be introduced in the next chapter! ^~^