Chapter 27 - I'm sorry that I love you

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut2Oa-REq3I&feature=related

After what happened, Infinite went back home looking all depressed. Their parents asked worriedly, "What's with the sad faces?" Sungyeol narrowed his eyes. "Eun Kyo broke up with us! Are you happy now?!" He stormed off. Mr and Mrs Moon stared at their son in shock. "Sunggyu ah what happened?" Sunggyu sighed. "She wanted to break up with us suddenly. She said she's sick and tired of us. I really don't know what to do."

"See I told you she's not suitable for you. She must be showing her true colours now. I knew she was just after our family riches." Mrs Moon scoffed.

"Will you stop rubbing it in?!" L growled angrily at his mother. "Myungsoo, don't talk to your mother like that! I know you're upset but that's no way to talk to your own mother." Mr Moon reprimanded him sternly. L just rolled his eyes and went out of the room with others.

That night, none of them could sleep a wink. Eun Kyo's actions and words kept repeating in their minds. On the other hand, Eun Kyo wasn't feeling better than any of them either. She tossed and turned in bed constantly, guilt and pain tormenting her heart. She got out of bed and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

"Eun Kyo?" The sudden voice almost caused Eun Kyo to drop her glass in fright. She turned around to see her mother. "Mum? Why are you still awake?"

"Oh I realised that I forgot to iron your brother's uniform so I got up to iron it. How about you? Can't sleep?" Eun Kyo nodded. Her mother sighed. "Is it because of the boys?" She bit her lip. "I heard about it from Haekyung. You ignored them in school and even broke up with them?" Eun Kyo didn't answer and looked down at her feet. Guilt overcame her again.

"What actually happened?"

"I...I..."

"Eunnie ah tell me what happened?"

"Remember that time when L was in hospital? It was because of me. A nine-tailed fox demon wants to take revenge on me that's why he got involved and got hurt. I don't want any of them to come to harm because of me again." Her mother nodded in understanding. "I understand your reason for doing this but is this the best solution? I can see that you're also miserable when you force yourself to be cruel to them."

Eun Kyo loked down sadly. "As long as they're safe, my feelings doesn't matter." She went back to her room and sat on her bed. She touched the charm bracelet around her right hand, playing with each charm. Her mind was filled with all the memories that she had with Infinite. Thinking about them only made her even more depressed. I really miss them a lot. So much that it hurts. A tear rolled down her cheek.

Why? Why did she do this to us? Why does she want to break up with us? What have we done wrong? I really don't get it. We love her and she loves us. What else could be wrong? A thousand questions ran in Woohyun's head. He got up from his bed and went out to the garden to get some fresh air. He saw Sunggyu sitting on a bench and sat beside him.

"Hyung, what are you doing here? Can't sleep too?" Sunggyu nodded. "I don't think any of us can sleep tonight. This happened too quickly. We totally didn't expect it. What Eun Kyo said really hurt my feelings, my heart. The way she put it makes our love for her seem totally useless and pointless. Our love for her is just like a burden to her." He sighed depressingly. Woohyun leaned back on the bench.

"I understand how you feel. I bet everyone is feeling the same thing right now. But I don't understand the reason behind her actions. Is she really tired of us like what she said? Or is it because of some other reason that we don't know? Remember she only started acting strange when Umma and Appa said those things to her in the hospital? Do you think...she's saying those stuff on purpose to make us give up on her so that we won't be put in danger anymore because of her?"

"Now that you mention it, maybe that really is the real reason. It seems logical to me. She wouldn't have changed into such a person overnight. When she said those harsh things to us today, I thought I saw tears in her eyes for a moment." Sunggyu said thoughtfully.

"It seems like we're thinking of the same thing." A voice said behind them. They turned around to see Dongwoo, Hoya, L, Sungjong and Sungyeol standing there. "Can't sleep too?" Dongwoo chuckled bitterly. "Tomorrow we will force her to tell us the real reason. I won't just let her go like this." Sungyeol said, determined. The rest of his brothers nodded in agreement.

Next day, Eun Kyo ignored them as usual even though Infinite kept trying to find chances to talk to her. Finally, they managed to catch her alone during lunch. "What do you want again?" Eun Kyo sighed in annoyance. "We want the truth from you." Hoya said.

"What truth?" Eun Kyo furrowed her eyebrows. "The real reason behind your actions. Stop putting an act. We know that you're trying to break up with us because you're afraid that we would be harmed by EeSeul. But this is not what we want. We are not happy at all that you're doing this to protect us. It only makes us miserable." Sungjong explained sadly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Eun Kyo said while trying to walk away. Sungyeol blocked her. "When are you going to stop running away from us?! Stop denying that you're doing this to protect us! Stop pretending you don't love us when you really do! Do you know how much it hurts us when you say that?!" He yelled emotionally. Eun Kyo gritted her teeth tightly. Don't cry, don't cry. Not in front of them.

"I already said before that I never loved all of you before. I never treated all of you seriously. I only did that because I-"

"SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UPPPPPP!!!" Dongwoo shouted angrily. "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THOSE EXCUSES AND LIES FROM YOU. WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BLOODY ADMIT IT?! DOES HURTING US LIKE THIS MAKE YOU HAPPY?!" He grabbed her arm tightly, making her wince in pain. Eun Kyo looked at him and sighed tiredly.

"I can't help it if you don't believe me. Why can't all of you just accept the fact that I don't love you? I'm so tired of all of you acting like this. You're making it difficult for all of us. Can't you just let me go like a man? I really am-"

"If this is what you want, we'll let you go." L said. "What?" The rest of the boys looked at him. "If letting you go makes you happy, I'll do it." He said, staring into her eyes. Eun Kyo looked at him, her heart breaking at his words. She forced out a smile. "Thank you."

As Eun Kyo turned to walk away, Hoya called her. "I'm sorry." She turned back slowly. "For what?" He looked at her with a sincere but sad expression. "I'm sorry that I love you..." Her lip trembled as she felt her knees turn weak. She quickly turned back and walked away as fast as she could. Once they were out of sight, tears flowed down her cheeks. I'm sorry that I love you... too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------