Chapter 1: New Student

Unexpected Rhapsody of Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EcZrQ061Pg

"Yah! Wake up! You are already late for your first day of school and you're still sleeping?! Stop being such a pig!" Eun Joon tried to drag Eun Kyo out of her bed but she refused to budge. He sighed in frustration and hit her with her pillow.

"Ouch! Hey stop that! What the hell are you doing?!" Eun Kyo yelled and threw her bolster at her younger brother.

"Now you're finally awake, huh? Why do i have to do this everytime? Ah, seriously why do i have a pig as my sister?" Eun Joon complained.

"You wanna die early in the morning?! How can you say such things to your elder sister? Tsk, you little rascal." Eun Kyo glared at her younger brother while putting on her glasses and pushed him aside to go to the bathroom. She quickly changed into her new school uniform, grabbed her backpack and went into the dining room.

"Good morning, mum and dad." She greeted her parents and grabbed a sandwich from the table before wearing her sneakers. "Morning dear. Today is your first day of school at Ha Neul High School right? Enjoy your first day, alright?" Eun Kyo's mother said while pouring coffee for her husband.
 

Eun Kyo's father looked up from the newspapers and said "And can you set your alarm clock properly next time so that Eun Joon won't have to drag you out of bed again? Aish, how many times does he have to do that before you can get out of bed on your own?" He shook his head.

"Yeah yeah i will learn to get out of bed myself one day." Eun Kyo looked at her watch. "OH MY GOD I'm running late! Bye mum and dad! Bye Eun Joon!" She rushed out of the house, hopped onto her bicycle and sped off to school. Eun Kyo looked at the people and scenery that zoomed past her as she cycles and started humming a little tune to herself.

She's excited for her first day of school. She has never been to an elite school like Ha Neul High School before.
When she learned that she got into Ha Neul High School because she topped her class, she was elated. She was full of anticipation for what will happen on her first day of school.

Eun Kyo reached the school gates and searched for a place to park her bicycle. She looked around, spotted a good spot, and pushed her bicycle over. Suddenly a red-haired boy came out of nowhere and ran into her bicycle. He and her bicycle toppled over and he yelled in pain.
"OH MY GOD! Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere???" Eun Kyo propped up her bicycle and tried to help the boy up but he shoved her away and dusted his suit.

"Go away! Do you know how expensive my clothes are? They are specially tailored from France! Look at what you have done. Now my clothes are already dirty. Are you going to pay for the laundry service??? Looking at you I don't think you can afford to pay for it either."

Eun Kyo stared at the red-haired boy. Did he just say that?! OMG. He was the one who bumped into me and he still dare to ask me to pay for dirtying his clothes?! She thought angrily. "Yah! You are the one who came out of nowhere and crashed into my bicycle. I haven't even ask YOU to apologise and you still dare to ask me to pay for your dirtying your clothes? What are your clothes made of? GOLD?! Even if they are made of gold, I won't pay for them because I'm not the one at fault here!" Eun Kyo yelled at him angrily.

"You y-ou! Do you know who w-ho am I?! How dare you talk to me like that? No one in this school ever dared to talk back to me before! Stupid nerd! You don't know whose toes you just stepped on. I'll make sure you regret what you have said to me. Your life as a student here will be turned into a living hell. Just you watch!" The red-haired boy stormed off in anger. Eun Kyo stuck her tongue out at him and parked her bicycle properly.

The students around her started gossiping. "Did you see what just happened? She actually talked to Dongwoo in that tone! Nobody has ever done that before."

"Yeah, does she not know that he is one of the royal princes? I think she's a newbie that's why. I can foresee her future days in this school."

"Serves her right though. Who asked her to be so rude to Dongwoo? Just look at her appearance. So low-class and nerdy."

Eun Kyo rolled her eyes at their comments and walked to the student affairs office. She greeted the lady at the counter. "Excuse me, today is my first day of school. Can I have my timetable please?"

"Oh sure. Here you go. This is a map of the school. It will help you find your way around the school so you won't get lost." Eun Kyo smiled, "Thank you. Do you know where is the kendo club?"

"Just walk straight from this office and turn left. It's at Block C." The lady replied. Eun Kyo thanked her again and quickly walked to Block C. She found the kendo club room and went in. A tall, slim girl with wavy brown hair and delicate features turned around and exclaimed, "Eun Kyo ah! You are finally here!" She hugged Eun Kyo.

"Haekyung ah, I missed you so much. I was so happy when I knew that I could come to this school and be classmates with you. I thought we won't have a chance to see each other again." The two best friends hugged each other again. "I'm soooo glad that you are here. I was hoping that we could be together, just like in elementary school. Come on, let's give you a tour of the school. I bet you have never seen such a big and beautiful campus before." Haekyung pulled Eun Kyo out of the room and started showing her around the campus.

Suddenly, excited screams of girls were heard in the distance. Students turned their heads to see who was coming and a crowd started forming. Eun Kyo joined the crowd out of curiosity. 7 handsome guys strode down the path, earning more screams from the girls and envious stares from the guys. Most of them were smiling and waving at the fangirls except for a few who had no expression. Eun Kyo's eyes widened as she recognised one of them to be the red-haired boy who crashed into her bicycle earlier on.

"Sunggyu oppa, look here!"

"Hoya oppa, you're so handsome today!"

"Woohyun oppa, can you show me a wink?"

One of the boys turned back and winked at the crowd of fangirls who squealed and even fainted on the spot. Eun Kyo stared at the 7 guys' backs and asked Haekyung, "Who the hell are they? Why are they receiving so much attention? The girls even fainted at just one of their winks. So exaggerating."

"Oh. They are the 7 royal princes, Infinite. The 7 of them are brothers and they are extremely popular in Ha Neul High School. They even have a official fanclub. Almost 90% of the girls in this school are madly in love with them, and I have no idea why. Maybe because they are handsome and rich." Haekyung explained.

"Are you one of the 90% who's madly in love with them?"

"Hell, no. I'm one of the 10% who's not in love with them because I'm popular myself. Haha. Anyway do you know one of them? Your expression looks weird."

"Nope I don't know any of them. But the red-haired guy crashed into my bicycle just now and even demanded me to pay for his oh-so-expensive clothes. He even called me a stupid nerd. And he's actually a royal prince? What is the world coming to. <__< "

"Ah I see. So you have already met one of them. And even quarrelled with him. By the way, his name is Dongwoo. He's known for his impatience and short temper so I'm not surprised. The rest of the 6 are not easy to be trifled with either, so I suggest you'd better be careful because I bet a lot of people saw what happened just now and their fangirls should have their eyes on you now since you provoked their precious prince. I don't have a good impression of them either, but as long as they don't step on my toes, I won't do anything." The bell rang. Haekyung said, "Don't worry too much okay? I'll protect you if the fangirls dare to touch you. Come on let's go to class. " She pulled me into the classroom. I found a empty seat and sat down beside her. What an exciting first day of school. God knows what kind of trouble will come along my way. I thought to myself worriedly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first fanfic. Hope there are more subscribers! Comments are greatly welcomed. ^~^  I'm still looking for someone to help me make my story poster. Any recommendations? ._.