Catch Me If You Can

The Unwanted

NOTE: Okay. First things first.

I just want to THANK all of you who read, subscribed, and upvoted my first ever story! I wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for your support! ^^ Words can't further express the gratitude I feel inside, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU so so much! I LOVE YOU ALL <3

Don't worry, this isn't the end. There's still an Epilogue hahaha xD LOL
But seriously tho~ This isn't really the end *evil laugh*

 

---

Yoona’s vision swirled into different directions and in a colour of a rainbow the moment those sharp fangs had rooted themselves deep within her skin and into her veins like a syringe. Her eyes shot open as she gripped weakly at her girlfriend’s arm when she felt her blood pumping wildly inside her. Is this how Bella felt when Edward bit her? That strange surge of fluids coursing throughout your body like an outraging river? The adrenaline running deep inside you waiting to come out? Is this how it felt being bitten by a vampire?

Yes. Was the only answer to all of it.

Seohyun debates with herself from pulling away from her girlfriend. Yoona’s scent was too much to take, and the taste of her blood sent her off directly to the edge. Yoona went limp again in her arms when she looked at her. The doe-eyed girl’s heartbeat only came more slow at a five second interval, and Seohyun knew what to do next. She opens her palm out to Sooyoung.

“You’ll hurt your hand again.” Sooyoung says, looking at the younger girl straight in the eye. “Let me do it.” Sooyoung volunteers and goes onto the side opposite of Seohyun. She kneeled beside Yoona’s head and pointed her gun on the former’s temple. She takes a deep breath and pulls the trigger.

Yoona’s heartbeat was totally gone by now.

“We’ve got to hurry.” Inguk says, scooping his sister’s girlfriend up in his arms. “We’ve got to find a cemetery before Sooyoung sets the time back. We need to be out of here by then.” The group nods in his statement, and soon they were off to the nearest memorial park in the vicinity of the city.

The group made it into the ‘Heritage Memorial Park’ just in time that Sooyoung had resumed the world’s time back to where it was.

It was a good thing the place isn’t that crowded (add the fact that they chose a more secluded area) so the risks of people seeing them doing something like this would be close to none.

The group were huddled in different directions at this point. Yoona was lying lifeless on the grass just beside the grave Inguk, Sunny, and Hyoyeon were digging. It was part of the ritual---the digging part---they’d need to bury Yoona’s human body six feet under because it completes the whole process of turning one’s self into a vampire. “What happens down there?” Yuri suddenly asks after settling herself down onto the grassy ground of the cemetery while watching her friends dig deeper into the Earth. Jessica sat beside her. They were both on a slope, a few metres away from where Inguk and the rest were.

“I don’t know.” Jessica responds. “But they say that the heat of the Earth helps in the whole process of the transformation; may it be the outer features or the internal. It fastens the venom traveling in a human’s veins. But I don’t really know. I was born, not bitten.” She let out a small smile and looked at Yuri. Out of the whole group, Yuri was exhausted the most. Of course, she was human. She just fought vampires who’re more stronger, more faster than she would ever be. “Will Yoona be okay?”

Jessica almost chuckles at the question. “She will be. Don’t worry. We’ll train her.” Her girlfriend returns a heartfelt smile. Then, she notices something. “What about Seohyun?” She asks. And Jessica soon realized that her sister was nowhere to be found, and so as her guardian. Juhyun wasn’t really a fan of turning mortals into immortals, she thinks it wasn’t fair for humans to live forever when they weren’t supposed to.

Everyone deserves to live a normal life, Seohyun often quotes. Everyone deserves to feel pain, to feel exhaustion, to feel fear. Those people deserved to know what it feels like to get old and sick, because they didn’t. They weren’t human since the beginning. They were practically corpses walking around town as if they were still alive. Almost like zombies. They were supposed to be dead centuries ago. And sometimes Seohyun wanted to experience that. She wanted to feel human even just for once.

“Seohyun will get over it.” Jessica states simply. Completely knowing that there’s nothing Seohyun could do since what’s done is done. She knew her maknae wouldn’t even try going back in time and reverse it. She’s fond of accepting things. “She just didn’t want to take Yoona’s mortality away that’s why she’s upset. She’s upset at herself. Because forever is a never ending road and you could never go back. Juhyun’s afraid that Yoona will eventually get tired later and leave her.” At this point, Yuri shakes her head in disagreement. “Yoona will never do that. She’s not the type to leave someone she holds dearly to her heart.” Jessica nods, agreeing.

“I know.” The vampire says. “That’s why I like her for my sister.”

The two went into a comfortable silence, letting the warm breeze hug them close, before one of them asks. “So... when’s my turn?” The tanned girl receives a smack on the shoulder upon the question. “Dream on~” Jessica rests her head atop her girlfriend’s shoulder, and the latter rests her own atop hers. They watched as Inguk emerges from deep down the grave and lifts Yoona’s body up.

At the exact same moment, Taeyeon was prodded up on a tree branch as she watched the scene too. She hears a shuffle of branches from the other side, and later sees Tiffany sitting on the one across from hers. Her heart nearly fell to the ground. She hadn’t seen the girl in almost six months, excluding the moments they were together when she was in the diamond’s possession.

“So, you’re a tree girl now?” Tiffany jokes, and Taeyeon snorts almost immediately. They were on an old oak tree just a few steps away from Yoona’s grave. For a moment, she thinks thoroughly on what she wanted to say. Suddenly, talking to Jung Miyoung now felt like a dream, and she was afraid that if she woke up, she’d lose Tiffany again.

“For those three months that I was lost, I figured that... it wasn’t that bad hanging out on a tree. It always gave me a fresh feeling when I was always busy thinking about things.” Truth to be told was that, Taeyeon didn’t like trees. She hated them in a way that she hated horror movies and haunted houses. ‘Trees, especially the old ones, gives me the creeps.’ She’d said once when asked why she hated them (more like scared of them)

“You hate trees?” Tiffany says; almost sounding like a statement rather than a question. She couldn’t read minds (that was Juhyun’s thing) but her sixth-sense never fails her. And like Taeyeon, she was at loss for words. It’s been a while since they’ve talked like this. Without yelling at each other and glaring. Without a poison injected inside Taeyeon’s body. Everything was weirdly normal. Too normal she was suddenly having second thoughts if all of these were real. If the Kim Taeyeon talking to her right now is real.

Taeyeon breathes in an amount of air. She turns her full attention to Tiffany. “Hey...” She starts. And just when Tiffany turned her head to the right, Taeyeon was gone. She was about to jump down from the tree to find the werewolf, but a hand on her shoulder prevented her from going further. Taeyeon was suddenly beside her, smiling---the same smile she’d grown knowing. This was real, Tiffany realized. This is Taeyeon now. No one else.

“I’m sorry,” Taeyeon continues. “For everything. I’m sorry for hurting you. I didn’t mean to. I swear. I was just... things were just... too complicated for me. I didn’t know what to do.” Tiffany’s hand was ice-cold when they closed around hers; she almost shivered. The vampire beckoned her to continue. She held Tiffany’s hand tightly. “Even though I never really said it, I was grateful on that day when you saved me. Because if you didn’t, I would most probably be in a hospital, wrapped in bandages like a mummy, or worse, I wouldn’t be here.”

For a split second, Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. “How did you know I did that?” Her mind travelled back to the day where Taeyeon almost got run over a van, her sister’s grip getting impossibly tighter, and her getting scolded because she wasn’t supposed to do that. At least, not in front of humans that is. And that incident was the sole reason why a huge Berlin wall stood in between them.

“Something glinted in your eyes when I looked at you.” Taeyeon answers. “And right then, I knew who you were. What you were.” By this time, Taeyeon ought to interlace her fingers with Tiffany’s. The eye-smile queen almost grinning at the gesture. “I was confused. I couldn’t comprehend what just happened and why were you able to do that. But there was a tiny voice in my head that screamed you weren’t human. That’s when I completely lost my sanity.

“I’m sorry for the things I said and did; to you, to Seohyun, to Sunny, to everyone. I hope one of these days you’d be able to forgive me.”

For the first time, Tiffany felt like crying; just bawling her eyes out while cradled in Taeyeon’s arms. “Even if you don’t ask, I’d forgive you anyway.” Tiffany’s eyes then disappeared like a crescent moon, and the row of white teeth were visible. It only means one thing: she was happy. She was content. She felt whole again. Taeyeon smiles back just the same.

“Just don’t do that again. Don’t leave me again.”

Taeyeon nods her head obediently. She leans in and kisses the crown of Tiffany’s head. The vampire closed her eyes, savouring her love’s lingering kiss. There isn’t anything she could ever wish for than to have Taeyeon back. And that wish was finally fulfilled.

Taeyeon wasn’t going anywhere, she doesn’t plan to. At least, not without Tiffany.

 

 

 

“Taeyeon and Tiffany sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G~!”

It took a millisecond for Taeyeon to send daggers towards her cousin's direction before she lunged for him. Luhan’s laugh echoed in the place, and Tiffany was laughing her heart out as she watched the two werewolves chase each other in circles.

On the other side of the memorial park, Seohyun was sitting beside a tomb stone that has two little angel statues guarding it on the sides. Sooyoung was sitting on the other side of the tomb stone while her ‘angel’ was on the other. They both had their knees close to their chests as their arms circled around it.

Seohyun sighed when she saw Inguk come out of the six feet deep grave of her girlfriend. Sooyoung was just staring at her wordlessly. She was one of those very few people, to whom, Seohyun doesn’t mind staring.

“Do you think I’ve done the right thing?” Seohyun suddenly ask the fallen angel. Sooyoung continues to stare. “Yes.” Is the only answer she blurted. She then started explaining the perks of the latter’s decision when she received no further response. “Yoona wouldn’t make it to the hospital even if we bring her, I know you know that. She loss a large amount of blood, and turning her was our only choice. Unless... you didn’t want her to live.” Sooyoung whispers the last part.

Seohyun kept her expressionless face but nods anyway. “I just don’t want her to regret this. Because that’ll make me regret it too. I hope I haven’t forced her into anything she doesn’t want.”

Yes. Yoona was always being her choding self when she asks her vampire girlfriend to turn her into one. But Seohyun doubts that’s what she truly wanted to become. Where’s the fun in being a vampire anyway? You get to live forever, yes. But if you don’t have much of a purpose, why should you?

“I know she won’t regret it.” Sooyoung says. “She loves you. And that’s enough for a reason.” After all these years being together with Seohyun, Sooyoung have come to a realisation that loving Seohyun, even if she didn’t love her the same way, was the greatest feeling she had ever experienced in her whole existence. Juhyun was her first real love, and she’d love her and protect her the same way she had been even if the doe-eyed girl was the one holding her heart. Because if her angel is happy, then, she’s happy too.

Their friendship is enough for her.

The angel suddenly stands up. She dust of her clothes and turns to Seohyun once again. She offers the vampire a hand. Seohyun just stares at her guardian’s extended hand for a whole minute before taking it. “Want to go take a flight?” Sooyoung asks, unravelling her wings in the process. Seohyun gives her a sly nod. She knew exactly what ‘taking a flight’ means. It’s been a while since she and Sooyoung have explored the clouds. She admits, she misses those times.

Juhyun wraps her arms around the taller girl’s neck; not too tight. “You missed this, didn’t you?” Sooyoung teases, and she expects Seohyun to say something more sarcastic, but what she got made her grin so wide it nearly reached her nape. “Yeah. As weird as it seems, I do.” Seohyun chuckled near Sooyoung’s ear, her breath sending shivers down the angel’s spine. Sooyoung shrugged it off.

“When Yoona comes back to life, will you be able to catch her?”

Seohyun grins at Sooyoung’s question. “I don’t think so.”

New born vampires are usually faster, stronger, more clever, and some many other things that a born vampire could do. But it only lasts for at least one to two decades. By then, their powers have already settled in, and becomes parallel with immortals. And as soon as the sun sets and the moon replaces it later on, everyone knew Yoona would be like that: spontaneous, and no control.

But like what Jessica had said, they’ll train her.

Seohyun will train her.

“Woo!” Inguk exclaims as soon as they’ve shovelled the last pile of earth down into Yoona’s grave. “Now, that wasn’t so bad, was it?” Hyoyeon states while leaning on her shovel. Sunny nodded along and averts her gaze towards the only guy out of the three of them. “What does it feel like?” “Huh?” Inguk raises a brow. He was confused at first, but later caught onto it. “Ah... I don’t exactly remember what it feels like except the part where I was clawing at the earth on top of me and I burst off into the air!” He said while gesturing with his hands at the last part.

The two other girls giggled at Inguk’s dorkiness, until Sunny realizes something and points it out. “Wait a minute. Where did Boa go?” Inguk and Hyoyeon both scan their surroundings, but the said girl was nowhere in sight. Then, Hyoyeon remembers the latter talking to Jessica one moment, then, she was gone. “I think she said she’s going to get Yoona something to feed on when she wakes up.” Sunny nods in understanding, and Inguk sets aside their shovels. “She probably went to a hospital.” He says before the three of them turns to sit beside YulSic.

“But why do we have to wait until sunset.” Hyoyeon asks.

Inguk shrugs his shoulders. “Have you ever seen a new born on a broad daylight?”

“You.” The girls answer in unison, then, laughed. To which the boy found his eyes rolling.

“I’m not a new born anymore.” He said in his defence. “You know, in the first few days a person becomes a vampire, they are restricted from sunlight. Because in those first five days, a new born’s body system isn’t that harnessed yet. They’re resistance to sunlight are close to zero. They could burn. They aren’t good fighters either. They’re stronger, yes. But unsharpened strength doesn’t put up with a good fight. They need to be trained. Especially on the blood thirst part.”

The girls’ mouths shaped into an ‘O’ at the information Inguk just delivered. Well, except for Jessica since she knew all of this first-hand.

Yuri leaned in a little towards Inguk, who was seated in front of them, back faced. “So when does Yoona gets a hold of her abilities?” Inguk acknowledges Tiffany’s extended hand and gives it a high-five first. “In a year or so.” He says. “Unless... her instructor would keep a good eye on her 24/7, then she’d be able to gather it all within six months. If you know what I mean.” He backed away enough to see his friends’/siblings’ faces and wriggled his eyebrows with a smirk splayed on his lips. The rest laughed, knowing that Juhyun’s training program would most probably lead onto something else...

“Well, knowing Yoong’s raging hormones... that power harnessing could actually turn to something near making-out or even something beyond that range.” Taeyeon laughed like an ahjumma, like she always had, and lied fully on her back beside Tiffany. She folded both of her arms behind her head and closed her eyes. Tiffany smacked her abdomen. “ert.”

The rest of the group laughed wholeheartedly. Somehow, everything was starting to go back to normal. To where it originally was even before the war began.

Sunny smiled sincerely at Taeyeon and Tiffany. For once, she felt relieved that the two finally made up. Only God knows how much she hated those past few months that Tiffany shed a tear. She might’ve hate Taeyeon back then because she felt like the werewolf was stealing away the love of her life and was getting away with it with a ty grin plastered on her face. When all the while, she had been by the girl’s side through thick and thin.

Taeyeon had hurt Tiffany in any possible way there was and she was beyond furious she wanted to slid Taeyeon inside a plastic bag and throw her off a cliff.

The impression lasted long enough until Sunny finally came to realize that Taeyeon IS a good person. And that she loves Tiffany as much as the girl loves her.  It’s just that she was blinded by overwhelming jealousy; couldn’t believe that Miyoung would fall for a person that’s not her. She was worried the girl’s love would fade and only a tiny bit would be left for her.

But Tiffany had reassured her that issue once.

“You’ll never lose me. I’ll always be here.”

The fallen angel was so lost in her reverie until she felt a nudge just below her ribcage. She looked to her right and glared at the person grinning at her. “Your smile’s creepy.” Jessica says, almost laughing. Sunny rolled her eyes. At this gesture, Jessica ought to add, “You’re smiling at Taeyeon. You finally like her, don’t you?” The vampire’s grin grew wider as she poke’s her friend on the shoulder repeatedly.

Sunny let out an exasperated sigh. Jessica Jung could be really annoying sometimes. “Stop being an annoying orange, Jessica.” She shot back, but Sooyeon didn’t stop teasing her. “You’re giving up on my sister?” Sunny couldn’t exactly grasp if either it was meant to be a statement or a question. The angel looked away from her friend’s mocking features and to Tiffany’s smiling face.

‘I didn’t say I’ve given up. I’ll just let Taeyeon win for now.She said to Jessica in mind-speak. Jessica felt Yuri interlace their fingers together. ‘And if later Taeyeon doesn’t have any plans on letting Tiffany go?’ Sooyeon challenges. Sunny smiles back at Tiffany’s eye-smile.

“Then, that’s my cue to let her go.”

Jessica patted her sister’s best friend as a consolation, and Sunny playfully swatted it off. The vampire shoves Sunny by the shoulder. “You’re no fun, Soonkyu~”

After a while of just sitting there and chatting amongst themselves, the sun above them finally glowed a red-orange light---signifying that any moment now, it was going to set. Luhan suddenly sat up, his elbows supporting his frame. “It’s already sunset, where’s Seohyun?” The group turned to him upon hearing the name.

Tiffany was the one who answered. “She’s gotta be out there somewhere with Sooyoung.”

As if on cue, a dark shadow passed over their heads and then Sooyoung and Seohyun were suddenly walking towards where they were.

“Speaking of the devils.”

Seohyun was still clinging onto Sooyoung’s back even when the former wedged her wings back inside her body. There was another figure walking beside them, holding a white plastic bag on her left hand. It was Boa.

“Sup guys?” Sooyoung settles Seohyun down on the grass beside Tiffany and Taeyeon. Boa hands the plastic bag containing several transparent plastic bags of blood. “We just talked.” She explains their absence even before Inguk could open his mouth and ask where they’ve been. She slumps down beside her only brother. Inguk gave a single nod.

Even though Boa had talked to Seohyun even before Tiffany and Jessica did, it was still hard to convince their youngest that from this day on, she was on their side again. That she was the same person she ever was years ago. And that nothing will change. Not anymore.

Jessica and Tiffany both had a hard time believing too. But because of Tiffany’s ability of seeing through things and the future (and she saw Boa’s sincere and pure heart through those golden orbs) they finally believed that their sister wasn’t lying. That she was here again, and is not going anywhere anymore.

She was Jung Boa again.

She was their sister again.

“Yuri, I’m sorry for what happened to your cousin.” Boa says, squeezing lightly on Yuri’s shoulder. Remorse was evident on her face. Yuri lets out an acknowledging smile as she pats the hand on her shoulder. “It’s okay. He deserved it. He’d hurt Yoona. He’d hurt Sica. He’d tried to hurt all of us. I guess it was just about time he’d pay his debt.”

The night finally fell on their shoulders as silence continue to resound in their ears and the cold wind blow into a pattern against their skins. Boa looks up at the stars and the moon clouding the sky above head. “If it wasn’t for me; if I hadn’t turned him, none of this would’ve happened.”

This time, Yuri pats Boa on the shoulder. “Unnie, don’t blame yourself. It isn’t anyone’s fault. Yes, I feel sorry for him. Because he’s my family, and I loved him. But it was his choice. It was his choice to be like that. He chose to be the bad guy, and this is only the consequences of the wrong choices he’d made.”

Boa felt tears b in her eyes. Somehow, she thought she didn’t deserve to be forgiven for all the things she did. She too, made wrong choices. She hurt them in an unimaginable way. She drew these people close into the pits of hell. She’d made so many horrible, terrible things to them, but even despite all of that, everyone was willing to forgive her.

“But if you still insist, I forgive you.”

Boa smiled---a thing she’s never done for so long now. “Thank you, Yuri.”

“Awww... Boa unnie’s crying~” Seohyun announces, and it took about a second for everyone to hug the latter. “We’ll always be here for you, unnie. Just don’t do that again.” Jessica wipes her sister’s tears before hugging her sideways.

“I promise. I won’t run away from the mansion anymore.”

And just when everyone was so caught up in the moment, of the Jung siblings finally reuniting, something moved from the direction where Yoona’s grave was, and it only took a split moment before everyone were up on their feet. They stared at Yoona’s grave, not one of them moving a muscle until the earth and gravel from the doe-eyed girl’s grave shook for the second time.

Inguk, Tiffany, and Seohyun ran towards the said grave. “Yoona’s awake.” He murmurs to his sisters first. Then, he announces it to the rest of the group. “Yoona’s awake!”

Jessica backs her girlfriend away a few more steps and shields the tanned girl with her body. Hyoyeon was beside them, standing still in a fighting position. Boa was a few metres away from where they were, and Sunny and Luhan were standing on either sides of her. Taeyeon and Sooyoung were both standing in a defence position just in front of the grave.

Sunny fishes out one bag of blood.

Bits of earth were being shot out of the grave, and Inguk bents down on his knees and dug the rest out. Seohyun and Tiffany helped their brother after a moment until there was just about a feet deep of earth left and a lone hand shot up. The three siblings immediately got out of the grave and stood alert. Any second from now, Yoona will be out  in the open like some kind of animal that escaped from the zoo.

The memorial park was too quiet for its own good, and that didn’t helped in Yuri’s rapidly beating heart. Her dongsaeng was finally awake, she was glad at that fact. But she didn’t know how rogue would Yoona be now that she wasn’t human anymore. Add the information she had learned from the vampires themselves earlier.

Just as expected, a shadow came past everyone like a whirling wind blowing hard. Boa was the only one who caught the doe-eyed girl in her grip in the first few seconds before she slipped from her hold, aiming for Yuri. Inguk comes into view and shoves the latter in full force, making Yoona skid through the ground and ends back down on her grave.

Yoona got out of the six feet deep hole and growls from within like a mountain lion. Taeyeon bravely shots out into view. She took one step after another while holding a hand up towards Yoona’s direction. “Yoong, calm down, it’s me. It’s me, your Taeyeon unnie. I’m not gonna hurt you. Just... just calm down, okay?” The werewolf felt a shiver crawl down her spine when her dongsaeng finally looks back at her. She wasn’t the same doe-eyed girl she had known ever since kindergarten. The one standing in front of her right now had pale-white complexion, two sharp fangs peeking out from her almost sealed lips, and her eyes glowed with the darkest shade of red. The new born vampire’s body was all covered in dirt. A lump was suddenly caught up in Taeyeon’s throat.

Yoona averted her gaze from the werewolf and back onto the tanned girl standing behind Jessica with a mix of a horrified and astonished expression painted on her face. Yoona takes a deep breath, inhaling the human’s sweet scent down to , and advances. Taeyeon’s arm wrapped around her frame, but an inevitable hunger eating up her insides seemed to weight more to even care about her friend. She hastily pushes the older girl to the ground and runs again in full speed. On the next stride, Luhan and Sunny caught her, but her determination to feed onto something was winning the lottery.

The two immortals flew back as an unexplainable electric current suddenly ran through their veins, and the next thing was Yoona closing up to Yuri faster than they give it credit for, and Jessica flinging her right foot upwards and kicks Yoona hard on the abdomen. The vampire landed onto her back once again.

Sooyoung wrestled Yoona to the ground just as when she was about to stand up again. Yoona flipped their positions and pinned the angel’s hands above her head. Sooyoung tried to break free, but of course, Yoona was stronger. The latter’s a new born, and her powers encompasses even the strongest one out of them---Juhyun. The fallen witnesses Yoona flip her wrist, and then, she was writhing in pain; electricity ran through her whole body like fire.

Making sure that Sooyoung was paralyzed enough to even move a finger, Yoona stands up again and sprints towards her target. Hyoyeon flew right through the doe-eyed even before she could reach Yuri and Jessica’s perimeter and glides her through the air. Yoona grips on the blonde girl’s neck tight with her right hand, as the other reach for the latter’s wing scars. They both drop back to the ground with an impact of an airplane that just crashed, and soon enough, Yoona was running again.

Yoona ducks her head swiftly under Seohyun’s extended arm and was only an step away from Yuri. Fortunately, Seohyun was fast enough to get a hold of the hem of Yoona’s leather jacket, and pull her back with much force.

“Yoona, stop! It’s me!” Seohyun clipped her hands on her girlfriend’s shoulders. “Yoona! Wake up!” She shook Yoona violently, but to no avail, Yoona only looked at her with frustration present in her eyes as she bared her sharp teeth. Yoona closed her hands on Juhyun’s wrists and began electrocuting her.

A sharp scream escaped through Seohyun’s mouth but tries to compose herself. She can’t let Yoona hurt anyone without being conscious, because that’ll only make her regret everything and start hating herself. Sooyoung was about to lunge to her rescue but she shook her head no. Her knees were already wobbling at Yoona’s newly found power, and she doubts she’ll ever get to say the words, “Yoona, it’s me”

“Yoona... look at me.” Seohyun cups Yoona’s face with her hands forcefully, enduring the pain searing through her flesh. “Yoona, look at me.” She says one last time while looking directly into Yoona’s blood red eyes.

Right when Juhyun went limp on her arms, that’s when Yoona stopped and widened her eyes. “S-Seohyun!” She finally found her voice as she tried to gather Seohyun in her arms. “Hyunnie... I’m sorry. I’m sorry...” She mutters over and over again. “Seohyun, d-don’t die, please. I’m sorry.” She hugged her girlfriend tightly while tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. How stupid at her to not recognize the love of her life.

“Stupid... I’m not gonna die...”

Yoona almost jumps in relief that Seohyun was alright. She buries her face deep on the crook of the latter’s neck. “I’m sorry.” She mutters again and Seohyun finally found the strength to swing her arms around her girlfriend’s neck and smile weakly. “It’s okay. I’m okay.”

“YAH! YOU ALMOST KILLED HER! YOU SON OF A---“ Sunny runs to cover Sooyoung’s mouth with her hand, and pulls her back.

Yoona kissed the side of Seohyun’s head multiple times before pulling away to look into the vampire’s soft golden orbs. “You’re back.” Seohyun whispers hoarsely and Yoona kisses her on the lips with a certain amount of force. Seohyun was startled at how strong Yoona had got, and thinks to herself that she could get used to that strength... somehow.

“Ahem... we’re still here.” Jessica’s voice echoed through the night. The two maknaes pulled away from their semi-steamy kiss and looks at the others gathered in front of them. Sunny tosses the new born the bag of blood she was holding onto earlier. Yoona caught it swiftly with one hand. “It’s open. Bottoms up.” The deer stares at the red substance inside the plastic material with wide eyes. She felt her stomach grumble and salivate at the sight. ‘I wonder how does blood tastes like when you’re a vamp...’ Yoona finally brought the bag near and gulped the content. Yuri, Taeyeon, and Luhan groan in disgust.

“You’re such a shikshin.” Seohyun stated and wipes the trails of blood flowing freely from the corners of Yoona’s mouth. Yoona crumpled the now-empty bag of blood and threw it on the ground. She wiped her chin and looked at her friends, who were staring at her like they were watching something entertaining on tv. “What?”

Tiffany shakes her head. “Nothing. It’s just so fascinating to watch mortals drink blood for the first time.”

“Ugh! Please... I think I’m gonna puke!” Yuri exclaims while covering with her hand. She never would have imagined seeing Yoona drinking blood like it was a bottle of coke. But Yoona is a vampire now, blood most probably tasted like coke to her.

“You know, I’m impressed with your utmost determination, Yoona.” Inguk says, patting Yoona on the shoulder. They were now walking back to where they left their cars. It was already eleven in the evening and taxi cabs are hard to find at this hour. Seohyun had her right arm around her girlfriend’s shoulder just in case she starts running off again after a human. It was better being careful, you know.

Yuri groaned at what Inguk just said. “Oh tell me about it!” The group laughed as they think back on what happened a few moments ago at the cemetery---on how Yoona tried so hard to get a grip on her friend. “I thought I was witnessing ‘Twilight’ right before my very eyes! It’s scary!”

“Unnie, ‘Twilight’ isn’t scary.”

“I don’t care. But you’re still the scariest vampire I’ve ever met.”

Yoona tipped her chin up with pride. “At least you’re scared of me now. Ha!” She said bashfully. Yuri stuck her tongue out.

The group finally reached the Expedition on a now-empty parking lot. Sunny beeped the vehicle and swung the driver’s door open when she realized something. “Where’s the Cadi?” She turned to Inguk, who had a shameless smile on his face. “Ran out of gas.” Tiffany beats her brother’s response. “Oh” was the only word that came out, and then they started boarding the SUV.

“I’ll go back for it tomorrow.” Inguk reassures his friends and closes the back door.

 

 

 

Sunny lets out a relieved sigh.

“Let’s go home.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Three Months Later
HHG University – Seoul, South Korea

It had been three months since the incident in Manila. Three months since Yoona became a vampire. Two months since the doe-eyed started training. And two months since they’ve last went to summer school.

Today marks the first semester of their senior year as Business Administration students, and Tiffany groans in frustration as she closes the metal door of her locker. She sent daggers at her sister who was busy fixing her textbooks inside her locker. From the corner of her eyes, Jessica sees her sister’s glares. “What?” She asks. And Tiffany groans again. “You said last semester was the last time we’d be going to school??” She ruffles her hair in annoyance, and Jessica finally looks at her.

“What? You’d rather let people wonder why’d we never graduated?” The older of the two finally closes her locker and proceeds to walk first. Tiffany caught up to her sister immediately. “Would they even care? I mean, we could just tell them we transferred if they ask.” Jessica shook her head in disagreement. “Taeyeon, Yuri, and Yoona---especially Yoona, needs us here. Seohyun couldn’t handle that little rascal alone even if she was her girlfriend. She’s a new born, Tiff. She still need assistance.” Tiffany slumped her shoulders and sighed. Damn. Her sister has a point.

“I always had a point.” Jessica winks, and Tiffany wonders for a second if she’d voiced out her thoughts that loud.

“Hey hey hey~ Hey hey hey~” The two vampires turned around and almost laughed at Sunny singing along to Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’. The two fallen angels (specifically Sunny and Hyoyeon) immediately went to the sisters’ either sides. Sunny swung her left arm around her best friend’s shoulder. Whilst Hyoyeon took Jessica’s hand and clung it to her arm.

“Missed me?”

Tiffany scoffed. “We just saw each other a few seconds ago.”

“Right~ my bad.” Sunny plants a quick kiss on Tiffany’s cheek. “Yah! Taeyeon could’ve seen that!” Tiffany slapped her guardian softly across the cheek. “Well, she’s not here so...”

“Speaking of which, where are they?” Jessica butts-in to her sister’s and Sunny’s morning round of bickering. Something’s never change. Hyoyeon answered for Sunny. “They’re still on the gates. Trying their best making Yoona enter the premises.”

 

 

 

“I can’t! I don’t want to!” Yoona protested as she hugged the metal bars of the school gates. It was a good thing all the students were already inside and Sooyoung had mind-tricked the guards to sleeping. Or else, it would’ve smelled like trouble right now. “Come on! You need to go to school! You haven’t attended summer classes the past two months, you’re already far behind!” Taeyeon scolded, attempting to throw her thick math book at her dongsaeng’s head.

Yuri did Taeyeon a favour. She smacked the vampire’s head with her English book. But to no surprise, Yoona didn’t even seemed startled. The doe-eyed girl glared at her unnie and playfully stuck out her tongue. “Come on, Yoong! We’ve already made it this far and you’re in complete uniform so better yet go to class!” “NO!”

The four other girls groaned in utter frustration. It’s already eight-thirty in the morning and their first class starts at nine and yet, here they are, still haven’t made a progress.

“IM YOONA!”

“NO!”

“YOONA!

“NO!”

Seohyun tugs at her hair and takes a deep breath before finally coming up to a solution. She stomped her foot to the ground, completely frustrated with her girlfriend’s upright stubbornness. “THAT’S IT! IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL, DON’T EVER COME HOLD MY HAND NOR KISS ME NOR DO ANY SKIN CONTACT WITH ME UNTIL YOU’VE MADE UP YOUR MIND!” Seohyun turns her torso and marches towards the glass entrance doors of the university.

With this, Yoona ought to widen her eyes and let go of the metal bars and run towards her fuming girlfriend. Yuri, Taeyeon, and Sooyoung just stood there, mouths agape at the situation. They followed the two a little later on.

“Hey, you can’t be serious.” Yoona tried to hold Seohyun’s hand, but the latter swat her hand away. “Oh I’m dead serious.” The older vampire says, glaring sideways at her choding girlfriend. “Hyun! You can’t do that! I can’t even spend a whole day without holding your hand! And then, I can’t kiss you?! Seohyun~” She finally managed to hug Seohyun’s arm.

By the time Yoona tries to change her mind again, they were already inside the campus building. She stiffened. There were blood scents EVERYWHERE, and she felt like throwing up. It was like the fragrance was eating up her insides until there was only her skin left. The scents were too overwhelming.

“Where’s your face mask?” Taeyeon reminds the younger vampire even before she could turn to run away.

Yoona lets go of Seohyun’s arm and searches for the material inside her blazer’s inside pockets. She stared at the face mask when she have found it. “Wear it now. We’re going to be late.” Seohyun instructs her girlfriend before walking ahead of them. Sooyoung follows her angel wordlessly. Yoona does what she was told and turns to her friends. “Do you think Seohyun’s serious?” Taeyeon and Yuri simultaneously shrugged their shoulders.

Yuri walked first with a smirk spread wide on her lips.

Taeyeon pats Yoona on the shoulder and whispers, “You know, if I were you, I’d start pampering Seohyun in any possible way there was.” She winked and walked away.

Yoona stood there, rooted on her place, blushing at Taeyeon’s hidden message. Pamper? Seohyun? In any possible way? “You have got to be kidding me.”

 

 

 

---

NOTE: Oh and one last thing...

Happy birthday to our precious Maomao, JJ~

Only the vampire Jessica knows how much I miss this kid :3

2015/04/18

See you soon, gheis~