All Is Lost

The Unwanted

NOTE: Catch Me If You Can~ :D Haha

Hi guys! I am back! I was supposed to update this yesterday but the internet didn't cooperate with me so...

I just want you guys to know that I really really THANK YOU guys for everything! For being here despite the slow updates, the bore chapters, and frustrating cliff hangers. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

So I hope you guys hold on till the end. This'll be the second or third to last chap for this piece (I don't wanna say goodbye yet huhuhu) But great things come to an end so...

---

Seohyun immediately grabs the compact revolver from Yoona’s hold the same time Hyoyeon takes the doe-eyed girl away. She tosses it to Taeyeon the very same time Sooyoung pulls the trigger of her gun. Seohyun flicks the lighter on her hand the same time Taeyeon fires hers.

The next thing happening was Zelo going down on his knees, screaming in agony. The next one was Sehun. Then, Boa’s group went still for a moment.

“You traitor!”

Dara turns from Zelo and Sehun’s dead bodies-turned-ashes to Taeyeon’s (who had her gun pointed towards her) direction. “I soon realized I was fighting for the wrong team.” Taeyeon counters, and that’s all it took for Dara and the rest of her group to lunge forward. It takes a split second before Taeyeon’s revolver drops to the ground and the sky above them seemed to shift.

“Guys!”

Sooyoung fires her gun one more time before Taeyang grabs neck from behind and drags her to the ground. The familiar voice who just called were already in the scene just in time that some other vampires seemed to crowd the place.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” A man, around the age of twenty in human years, spoke in a menacing tone. His eyes darted in every direction as he interlaced his fingers together. His eyes settled on Sooyoung first. “Oh, a fallen angel. Choi Sooyoung, am I correct?” Sooyoung cursed in the air as she struggled in Taeyang’s tight grip on her wrists; a dagger pointed directly where her heart used to beat.

The said man looked at Taeyeon---who lied on the ground, face first, and Dara straddling her from behind---secondly. His grin grew wide. “It seems we have a broad series of immortals present here.” He crouches down to Taeyeon’s level. “What is thy name, werewolf?” That’s when Taeyeon figured that this man is might as well a high vampire. Well, since he was in a black cloak, golden rings fill his slender fingers, and his velvet red eyes says a million years of living. She didn’t see this coming.

“Kim Taeyeon, is her name, my Lord.” Dara answers for Taeyeon, who was busy trying to make out the man’s features.

‘Why do I feel like I’ve seen him before?’

The vampire smiles all too kindly and stands up. His eyes found Seohyun’s. “Ah!” He exclaims while clasping his hands together, almost like he was happy to see the younger girl (but heaven knows he was rather astounded) “Princess Jung Juhyun. Your highness. What brings you in this situation?” He says, standing only a metre away where Seohyun tried her best to free herself from Min.

Seohyun lets out an airy laugh. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that? If I remember correctly, you were supposed to be rotting in the depts of hell by now.” The man only laughed at her remark. “I say, I have got to thank my dear friend Boa for summoning me back in thy life. I say, your sister had very well succeeded.”

Speaking of Boa, where was she?

Seohyun cursed in her mind.

Great. Just great.

“Aww! Where are my manners?” The man settles his attention down to the group who had just arrived. “Sooyeon, Miyoung. It’s good to see you.” Jessica grits her teeth so hard it almost shattered. She clenches her fist into a tight ball, her knuckles turning impossibly whiter than her already-pale skin. “It’s so not good to see you, a**hole!” The older vampire waves a slender finger in front of Jessica’s face. “That’s uncle Leonard to you.”

“Let them go.” Tiffany butts-in the conversation. “Stay out of this. This isn’t your fight!”

Leonard chuckled. “Well, since Boa had called me in, it became mine. So---”

“You were never our uncle. I won’t let you take away my family again!”

The moment Taeyeon freed herself from Dara to crawl for the gun on the floor and fires it directly on Leonard’s back figure is the same moment the real chaos had begun. Leonard’s army swarms Jessica’s group in just a matter of seconds.

On the other side, Yoona tries to make a run for it when Hyoyeon had put her down gently on an empty parking lot blocks away from the scene. “Yoona, don’t!” The blonde successfully grabs hold of Yoona’s thin waist. “Unnie, I want to help!” Effortlessly, Hyoyeon lifts the mortal up on her feet and settles the latter on the pavement. “Trust me, Seohyun wants you safe than getting yourself involved in a game you don’t have a chance of winning!” Hyoyeon strides to the left whenever Yoona does, and to the right whenever Yoona does. She knew somehow at some point, Yoona will eventually get tired.

And she was right.

The doe-eyed girl groans in frustration. Hyoyeon chuckles. “Stay here!” Yoona opened to protest, but the angel was already flying on the clouds. Without having second thoughts, she dragged her feet towards the same direction they have come from. She knew she didn't stand a chance, but she wanted to help anyway...

If there’s a will, there’s a way, right?

Right.

Going back to the riot happening at Serendra...

Tiffany shoves two vampires towards a book store, sound of shattering glass filled the air before she herself was dragged against the cement floor. Tiffany lets out an ear-piercing scream, and the culprit who was dragging her by the hair was suddenly flying off the ground. She stood on her feet. She scanned her surroundings with a hazy vision; almost like a movie scene playing in slow motion.

In the middle of the street, stood Taeyeon, the revolver back in her grip as she fires continuously. Luhan was beside her, doing the same. Sunny had tossed them ammunitions for their guns earlier when they were all thrown onto the other side of the road. Jessica and Seohyun were both on the roof of the condominium, leaping, arms and feet flailing as they keep the vampires from coming. It was inevitable. The vampires kept coming from every direction, and there’s only eleven of them. Tiffany knows they can’t keep them off forever. The eye-smile queen was startled when a figure with tire black wings suddenly fell on the fountain across from her.

“Effin God!” Sooyoung grunted as she raised from the water filled fountain. Her hair, face, and whole frontal area of her body was drenched. Even her wings was dripping with water. Suddenly, a loud explosion sounded in the whole place, and the next thing that happened was Inguk flying in the air and landing just beside Sooyoung; making a splashing sound in the process. Tiffany ran to their sides. “You guys alright?” Inguk emerged from the water, and spit some from his mouth. “Yeah. You can say that.” He said.

“Tiffany, look out!” Sooyoung fires her gun even before Tiffany could turn her head. Sooyoung and Inguk steps down from the fountain and goes to the either sides of Tiffany. Sooyoung was on Tiffany’s left; Inguk at her right.

“We’re outnumbered...” The eye-smile queen mutters while shaking her head lightly. “I’ve sent a distress call to the institute. But you know how institutes are. We might already be dead by the time reinforcements get here.” Inguk says. “Where are these guys even coming from?” Sooyoung asks. “I don’t know. Let’s just hold them off for a while.”

The two girls both nods at Inguk’s statement. Tiffany holds out both of her hands in front before the group of blood hungry vampires sprint towards their direction. Miyoung felt blood rush through her veins, and soon enough, the dark blood vampires were lifted off the ground and sent flying of what seemed like miles and miles away.

Sunny ducks her body when Tiffany’s powers radiated in the air. She looked back at the three figures standing by the fountain on the other side and grinned. She stood up and reloaded her gun. She was about to fire a vampire running towards her, but she was suddenly pushed to the ground. A female vampire, who pretty much looked like sixteen, was straddling her waist and is choking her. Sunny tried to grab the Colt M1911 A1 she was holding onto earlier before it slipped metres away.

“I’m sorry you’ll never get to save your friends.” The girl says, and Sunny tries to grab her neck.

“I’m sorry too.” Seohyun flicks the lighter on her hand right before the girl’s face and watched her scream in horror as her face literally lights up in flames. Juhyun offered a hand for the angel to grab hold of and gets back on her feet.

Sunny chuckles. “Pretty brutal are we?”

Seohyun rolls her eyes at the comment. She kicks Sunny’s gun towards her feet. Vampires aren’t able to touch the angel’s holy objects, because if they did, they’d burn. Like, literally burn.

“Where did you take Yuri?”

Sunny points towards the restroom sign across with her index finger.

“You locked her up in a restroom?” Seohyun says, almost laughing.

“Where else could I have locked her up?” Sunny shrugs her shoulders. And unknown to the two of them, Min was already heading towards their direction from behind. The two stumbled to the ground, face first, and Min on top of them---gripping at the nape of their necks. “in---why does everyone keep on pushing me to the ground?!” Sunny points the muzzle of her gun on Min’s face but Min was fast enough to point it towards Seohyun instead. “Argh!” Sunny groans when Min presses her knee onto her spinal cord.

Seohyun struggles free from the other vampire’s hold the same time the latter fires Sunny’s gun towards her. Gladly, the latter missed. Seohyun was back on her feet. Min was smirking devilishly.

“Scared now? You couldn’t possibly think you could run away, right?” Min laughed menacingly, gripping tighter onto Sunny’s hand for another shot. “Well, girl, see you in hell.”

“Lee Min Young!”

Hyoyeon pushed the vampire off of her friend’s back. She held Min from behind. Sunny brushed off the remaining gravels and dusts on her clothes when she stood back on her feet for the second time. She raised her gun and pointed it in Min’s direction. “Straight through the heart.” Hyoyeon tells her, and Min widens her eyes in horror for the first time. The vampire opened to protest but Seohyun was suddenly beside Sunny---hand placed on top of the angel’s and aiming the gun where Min’s heart used to lie.

“Yeah, Min, see you in hell.”

Seohyun (together with Sunny) pulled the trigger, the impact of the shot sending Min’s head lulling backward before she dropped to her knees. Her whole body then starts to burst into flames. Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Seohyun took a couple of steps back and watched until there were only Min’s ashes left on the cement floor.

The young vampire out of the three of them looked up first. “Hey,” She called to the other two. “Has any one of you seen Boa unnie?” The two angels raised their heads at the same time. “Why would you be looking for her now? Aren’t you supposed to be glad she’s not here?” Hyoyeon says. “No... I... It’s---“

“Oof!”

“Nice entrance.” Sunny laughs at the werewolf who just fell from the roof. Hyoyeon stifles a laugh. Luhan stands up and dusts off his clothes. He smiled at the three ladies before him. “I intend to do that.”

There was a sudden yelp inside the restaurant on the side, and the four immortals run on full speed to give Taeyeon a hand.

 

 

 

Jessica skids down the roof until she almost fell off the edge. The two vampires who just threw her off stood above her as she grips on the roof’s edge. They were both male---the two vampires---and for a second Jessica guesses they’re father and son. She knows him---the son---who’s about thirty-two in human age but a hundred and one in vampire age. She was older than him. And she’d met him in an orphanage from across town. They were fast friends, and the guy’s a good person. Jessica wonders what went wrong.

The boy’s father hauls Jessica up on her feet, and his son holds the girl from the back.

Jessica glances at her captor. “Soohyun, don’t do this.” She whispers to him; almost pleading, but he just stared back with a blank expression and with those rose red eyes. Jessica shivered, not because of the look Soohyun was giving, but at the great realisation that Soohyun’s eyes have changed from golden brown (like hers and the rest of her family) to complete red. “What happened to you?”

“I don’t have to explain.” Soohyun says. The tone of his voice was dark; completely apart from his natural soft voice Jessica was used to.

Soohyun’s father pushes Jessica down on her knees and clamps both hands around the former’s neck. Soohyun was still behind Jessica; his boot planted hard on Jessica’s spinal. They were going to break her neck, Jessica thought. And for a moment, she forgets how to breathe.

Jessica’s head was tilted upward. It went higher and higher with each second that she could already hear the bones in her neck cracking. This couldn’t be the end, she thought. She couldn’t possibly be dying now; who’s going to spank Hyoyeon and Sooyoung sensless?

“Nobody messes with my family and gets away with it.”

The three vampires turned to the voice. All of them had the word shock written on their faces.

Boa was grinning at Soohyun and his father, a flamethrower in hand. Jessica was utterly confused. ‘What the is going on? I can’t even...’ Boa fires the flamethrower onto Soohyun’s father first---sending him thrashing around as the flames devour his body. Jessica immediately backed away. Boa then pointed the flamethrower in Soohyun’s direction. “Got any more to say?” Boa asks. Soohyun remained rooted on his spot. Boa was about to fire up again but Jessica diverted her hand.

“Wait!”

“Sooyeon---“

Jessica grabs the flamethrower’s handle and aims it onto Soohyun herself.

“S-Sooyeon! C-Can we talk about this?” Soohyun stutters as he tries to talk Jessica out of murdering him. Jessica smiles at him. “I don’t have to explain.” She mocks and fires.

Boa looks at her sister proudly. “You grew up well.” She says. Jessica looks back at her with the same confused expression from earlier. “What’s all this?” Boa lowers the flamethrower. “I’m helping.” Jessica squeezes her nose bridge. “Why?” “Because I’m back, Jessi! I’m me again. Taeyeon snapped me out of it.”

“So you’d rather let a lycanthrope do that for you than your own sisters?”

Boa sighs. “We can’t talk about this right now. Not here, at least.”

Even before Jessica could protest, Boa was thrown off the roof. Jessica tried to catch her but she was already gone. Dara looked at her with anger flaming in her eyes.

“You’ll rot in hell, Jung.” Dara lunges for Jessica, but the older of them two immediately grabs hold of her hands. Dara tried to turn away from Jessica’s eyes, but the latter kept a firm grip on her face so she wouldn’t be able to escape. “If there’s someone who’d rot in hell here, it’s you. Along with your little minions to whom I don’t doubt are in ashes by now.” Dara screams as she writhe in pain. Her whole body burning as though being roasted in an oven. Sooyeon kicks her down onto her back.

“I’ll make you pay for what you did and I won’t regret it.”

An ear-piercing scream sounded all over the place and the next thing Jessica witnessed was Dara’s red eyes rolling back to their whites and her whole body having a seizure before it went limp. The brunette stood up and stared down at Dara’s lifeless body. She felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand. She hadn’t killed a vampire in years.

She hadn’t killed anyone in years, period.

“Now what?” She mutters to herself.

Jessica decides to help the others from below her.

 

 

 

“Damn it!”

Yuri ruffles her hair in frustration as she slumps down the granite bathroom floor, her back pasted on the door. She’d break the door if she could, but she was sure enough that Sunny had enchanted the only entrance and exit of the room. She wanted to help her friends, but those people she’d sworn loyalty to had barred her from going in there and getting herself killed. She was human. Unlike them, her chances of getting killed were ninety-nine percent; and she thinks it was unfair. She should be down there, fighting with them.

Fighting alongside Jessica.

“Argh!” Yuri groans and throws a roll of tissue she got from the cubicle on the far end, onto the wall in front of her. She flinches when she hears another explosion from outside. It frustrates her more---the sound of flames, sound of guns firing here and there, shattering glasses, grunts, groans, screams---EVERYTHING.

So she decides to get up. She opens a faucet in the middle lavatory and washes her hands. She splashes some onto her face. It took only three careful blinks of the eyes for Yuri to notice that she wasn’t alone. With wide eyes, she darted for the door.

Wrong move.

The masculine vampire chased the tanned girl to the door and grabbed the hood of the girl’s cardigan and shoved her backwards so hard she skidded right over the lavatory. The water was still running from the faucet. Yuri held her throbbing head with her left hand, and her aching hip on the other. When she retreated her hand from her head, horror washed her features. She had thought back on the night of Taylor Swift’s concert six months ago.

She looked up from her hand when she heard the vampire growl like a canine can’t wait to have his treat. She screamed Jessica’s (or just anyone from outside) name in her mind.

The vampire gripped on the collar of Yuri’s black cardigan and hauled the latter’s frame up. Yuri remained frozen as she stared at the immortal before her; his mouth dripping disgustingly of his own saliva like how a Saint Bernard salivates. Too bad’, Yuri thinks to herself ‘He looks like Justin Timberlake’. She nearly laughed at her own thoughts, if not for the vampire closing up on her neck---about to bite her, until a gun resounded inside the room, making Yuri tone deaf.

The vampire who looked like JT (in Yuri’s opinion) dropped onto his back---his mouth wide open in shock, and his eyes were about to fall off from its sockets as his neck burst into flames.

Yuri stumbles unto the wall on her left---where a small awning window was located just above her head. She watched the vampire scream in pain as the flames slowly devour his whole. The scene made Yuri have goosebumps all over. It was worse than any other gore film she had watched in Taeyeon’s flat screen Samsung LED TV back at the apartment.

Yuri fights to straighten up herself and slowly look up at the person panting above her.

Yoona gave the same what-the--just-happened look to her friend. The compact revolver was on her hand but it hang loosely; almost like she felt tired firing the gun. “How’d you get up there?” Yuri asked her, but she offers a free hand instead. The older of the two stared blankly at the hand reaching out to her, until she felt her brain function again and hauled herself out the window.

The window was small, yes. But it was enough for any petite figure to fit in. Fortunately, they were both fit.

Yuri slumped herself onto the cement flooring and closed her eyes shut. She voiced, “I thought I was going to die.” She was panting and sweating hard as if she’d just came from a run. Yoona smiled at her lazily. “I came in the right time.”

The tanned girl looks up at her friend’s face then at her bloodied hand gripping at a revolver. She took the gun in her own hands. “What’s this?” “That’s a vampire gun. I got it on the way here. Someone must’ve dropped it.” Yoona says. Yuri opens the cylinder and discovers that there were only three ammunitions left. She closes the cylinder afterwards and hands the gun back unto Yoona’s hands.

“How’d you got here?” Yuri stands up.

Yoona shrugs her shoulders. “Hyoyeon set me down on a parking lot five blocks away. I ran to get here.”

“That explains...”

“Why? Do I look like a beggar already?”

Yuri almost laughed at Yoona’s question. They both got startled by a gunshot searing through the air. “Come on. They need help. It’s a warzone down there.” Yoona turns to run first, and Yuri forces her legs to move. She had a bad fall back there alright.

The moment Yuri and Yoona got to the scene, a raging bullet meets their eyes. “Woah!” The two ducked just in time, but Yuri’s right ear didn’t make it. “Ow~” The tanned girl hisses in pain as she touches the top part of her right ear.

“You okay?” Yoona asks full of concern. Yuri nods anyway.

A baffled Sunny came walking towards their direction. “Yul, how did you---“ She diverts her gaze towards Yoona. “Yoong, what are you---“

“What?” YoonYul asks in unison.

Sunny lets out an exasperated sigh. “What are you two doing here...” She says in a low tone. She looks tired, the two thought. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her face had blood trickling on the sides. She had a severe cut on her lower lip, and her hands were both bruised. It was a good thing she was a fallen angel; she'd heal fast.

“You need help.” Yoona starts. “You can’t keep hiding us forever. Somehow at some point, you’ll need us.” Sunny knew she had a point. They were slowly losing. And if the institute won’t come now, they might lose completely. They needed reinforcements. Even if it’s just Yoona and Yuri. “I know.” Sunny breathed out.

“But it’s not just about helping. You see the situation. You see how I look. You could die---“

“Sunny, look out!”

The three girls ducks just as when a dagger flew right through the air. “See?” Sunny exclaims. “That thing’s use is for killing me, but that could hurt you like a regular knife! You could die!” She’d tried in any possibly way to talk Yoona and Yuri out of it, but she knew how stubborn the two are, considering the fact that they’re here right now when they’re supposed to be somewhere far far away---or locked up in a restroom.

“We know our help won’t do much, but keeping us away won’t solve anything either.” Yoona says, and Sunny sighs in defeat. “You just can’t keep away from Juhyun even just for a second, can you?” The doe-eyed girl shakes her head with a smile spread wide on her face.

“Sunny, behind you!” Yuri yells out. And even before a female vampire could get a chance to grab Sunny from the back, a huge dog werewolf already had the vampire’s upper body locked on its mouth. Yuri, Yoona, and Sunny watched as the werewolf detached the vampire’s head from her body. Yoona wanted to puke.

The lycanthrope then turned at them with those soft hazel eyes. It had a brown fur mixed with black, four huge paws with sharp claws poking through the fur. It had rows of sharp teeth too---almost like a piranha. Sunny knew right when she looked into those eyes, it was Taeyeon. Because it couldn’t be Luhan. The boy had grey fur mixed with patches of black, and he was taller and buffy since he was guy after all.

“Thank, Taeng.” Sunny reaches out and pets Taeyeon’s soft head. And upon hearing their friend’s name, the two humans stared at the werewolf in front of them in shock. Well, they’ve never really seen Taeyeon change before. They've never ever seen a werewolf, end of story. “T-Tae??” Yuri exclaims. Taeyeon whines in response. Yoona almost pinched Taeyeon’s fluffy ears. “Unnie, I didn’t know your wolf form was so adorable~!” Taeyeon growls lowly in annoyance of her dongsaeng’s teasing, and pushes the younger girl to the side lightly with her wet nose. She’d totally strangle Yoona right now if she was in her human form.

Yuri drops her dorky smile from earlier when she saw another troop of vampire were heading towards their direction. She calls her friends’ attentions. “Hey guys, we’ve got more company.” Sunny walks in front of the group. She grinned. “Finally, the institute’s here for rescue.” Huh Gak stops right in front of the fallen angel. “Soonkyu.” Sunny was about to say something in return when another earth-shattering explosion resounded, and with Sunny’s binocular like visions, she saw Tiffany fall. Taeyeon growls and sprints with those large scale feet of hers.

Sunny immediately tosses her gun to Yuri before flying after Taeyeon.

Yoona and Yuri both stood there too shocked to move a muscle even when the institute vampires lunged themselves forward.

“I think we’re supposed to be running...” Yoona suggests, and Yuri tugs on the barrel of Sunny’s gun. She pulls down the hammer, and beckons the younger girl for the two of them to run.

Tiffany’s face was covered of what seemed like a mix of blood and dirt. The sleeves of her blouse were both slashed and her arms were slick with blood. She was doing her best fighting off a young male vampire because if she didn’t, she’d be bursting into flames.

The boy had Seohyun’s green lighter to which the latter had seemingly dropped due to the explosion moments ago. And now, he was ing the material towards the other vampire. Tiffany knew in an instant, that the boy was a mortal---or so new born is another term. His eyes were blood red. His fangs were poking from his mouth. And his face screamed ‘determination’. Determination to kill and to win ever since he was turned. But Tiffany won’t let him win.

They wouldn’t let them win. Not this time.

Tiffany lifts her right leg and kicks the boy square in the chest with all her strength. The green lighter fell from his hand, and Tiffany caught it swiftly. The boy, on the other hand, had his back collided with a stone pillar---the pillar nearly collapsing due to the impact. He dropped to the ground with a loud thud, and an awaiting mouth was hovering over him.

Taeyeon pushes the boy back on the floor when he tried to escape. Her left paw hovering over the vampire’s chest. Sunny comes into the picture even before the werewolf could crush the younger boy’s frame with her bare hands paws. Taeyeon looks at Sunny. She slips into her mind.

‘You don’t have a gun.’ She reminds her.

Sunny reaches for the waistband of her jeans and draws out a Beretta Brigadier. “I still have an extra.” She almost chuckled. And Taeyeon curses in her mind because right now, she can’t roll her eyes.

The angel loads the gun and aims at the boy’s heart. The two of them were both amused at how the young vampire isn’t even pleading for mercy, but is staring at them intimidatingly instead. Sunny pulls the trigger and the kid thrashes around; his whole body caught in flames.

She and Taeyeon both hears a shuffle of feet from behind and then Tiffany was already in between them.

“You okay?” Sunny asks the eye-smile girl. Tiffany answers with a tired smile. “I guess? Yeah?” Sunny smiles back before Tiffany turns to her left, where Taeyeon was sitting like an obedient retriever, waiting for her. The older of the two pats the other’s head.

 

 

 

After of what seemed like thirty minutes of non-stop fighting, non-stop guns firing here and there, non-stop glasses shattering, and non-stop explosions and screams, silence finally echoed through the air. And Inguk breaks a late vampire’s neck one last time before standing beside his group.

They looked at the mess before them---cracked walls, cracked windows, dismantled railings, cracked ceilings, a wrecked fountain, a restaurant being caught on fire, blood splattered everywhere, and then, some.

“The cleaning is going to take a while.” A blonde teenage girl says, edging her way towards the front. She was a new born, just like any other ones in the institute and the ones in the evil army of vampires they just fought. But unlike the bad ones, who were rogue and ruthless, the new born ones in the institute are trained to be the exact opposite. They’re thought to be good. They’re thought to love and to care.

Huh Gak---to whom appears to be the blonde girl’s half-brother, laughs. He pats his sister’s shoulder. “Me and my boys are going to take care of it.” He says. And his ‘minions’ at the back yells a simple “Yeah”

“Wait.” Seohyun disrupts the victorious moment. “Where’s... where’s Yoona?”

At the mention of the name, everyone’s eyes darted into every direction as they started to panic (especially the Jungs and their friends)

“She was just right behind me earlier.” Yuri’s voice shook as she spoke. Seohyun wanted to cry in frustration. Yoona can’t be gone now. Besides, who else might’ve took her? The evil ocean of vampires were all dead, weren’t they?

“Guys... I think I know where she is.” Sooyoung informs and Seohyun wastes no time leaping up onto the second level of the condominium building. The rest of the group soon follows, leaving the institute’s army waiting below.

“Oppa... what are you doing?” Yoona says, backing against a wooden door. Donghae was taking baby steps towards her, holding a ballistic knife. She could run, but Donghae wasn’t human anymore. He was faster than a cheetah who runs sixty-four miles per hour. She could try to fight him and get the knife from his grip, but he was too strong he’d probably crush her with just one hand. She could stall him. Talk nonsense things with him until the others realize she was gone. But for how long?

“Oppa, we can talk about this. You’re not a killer.”

Donghae was now only a step away from where Yoona stood, and Yoona swore to the heavens above that this was the first time in her twenty years of existence that she ever felt scared she could in her pants right now. ‘Okay. That was a gross thought.’ She shifted back her focus to Donghae. To whom she didn’t realized (or was too astonished to) that Donghae already had the knife pointed below her ribcage and his free hand closed on her neck.

“That’s who I was. This is who I am now.” With every word, the pressure Donghae give off to the knife increased. And Yoona’s breath was slowly diminishing; like a balloon poked with a needle. “I won’t let them win, Yoona. I’ve lost against them once, I’m not gonna let it happen again.” He harshly whispered directly on Yoona’s ear and the doe-eyed swore she felt something warm on the skin where Donghae’s knife was pointed at.

Donghae’s eyes suddenly turned to coal black. And Yoona was frightened than she ever were. She was bleeding. She was well aware of that. And if someone doesn’t barge in right now, she knew she’d be lying lifeless in just a matter of seconds.

“Oppa, you can’t do this.” Yoona plead. The only thing she got from Donghae was a smirk. He was smirking so evilly she wanted to tear him into pieces and throw his shredded body on the river.

“Hae, don’t do it!”

The two figures standing by the wall both turned to the familiar voice.

Yoona sighed in relief.

Seohyun was about to throw herself to her girlfriend and break her ex’s neck, but Yuri stopped her. ‘Let me handle this.’ Her thoughts evaded Seohyun’s. The young vampire looked at her; doubt was evident on the former’s features. ‘He’s my cousin. Just let me talk to him.’ Seohyun didn’t nod nor shook her head. Yuri took this as a sign to go talk to her cousin courageously. She took her steps one by one.

Donghae had shifted his knife from Yoona’s rib to her neck. The doe-eyed girl almost choke at the pressure. Everyone froze. “Don’t move, Yul! I’ll gladly cut Yoona’s throat!” The vampire threatened his cousin, and for the first time, brave Yuri didn’t know what to do. Who would she save? Her friend who had been there by her side ever since kindergarten, and was like family? Or her cousin by blood---the person she once trusted and played with inside the sandbox, who now turned into a monstrous creature who wasn’t even thinking about her anymore. Does he even remember who she was?

“Lee Donghae, stop it.” Seohyun calmly asked of; careful with her words. She didn’t really wanted to push him to the edge, because Yoona’s life was on the line.

“I---We didn’t kill Christopher.” Upon the mention of his best friend’s name, Donghae’s grip on the ballistic knife tightened. Seohyun continues, “We aren’t the ones who killed your parents either. BigBang did. Taeyang, Daesung, TOP, GD, and Seungri. THEM. Not us---“ “You’re lying!” Donghae pulls away from Yoona; the latter collapsing to her knees. Seohyun scoffs. “Do you really think I’d do that to you? Do you actually think I’m that kind of person? Yes. I was hurt. Because I believed in your promise you won’t hate me, you won’t leave me. But it doesn’t give me the right to take vengeance. I loved you. Didn’t you at least thought of that??” Donghae clenched his fists.

“Why should I? You’re not human! You meddle in a world that doesn’t belong to you! You lied to me!”

“When I said I love you, that was real. It wasn’t, not even once, been a lie.”

At the back of Seohyun’s mind, she tells Sooyoung to find a way around the hallway and grab Yoona away from Donghae while they dig their past.

Boa finally finds the initiative to step in and help her sister buy Sooyoung some time. “I was the one who lied to you.” She started. “I’m the one who you should be furious at. My sisters had absolutely nothing to do with all of this. I was drugged, Hae. I was blinded by hatred that’s why I tried to create my own group of broken vampires so I can get my revenge.”

Boa pretends not to see Sooyoung sneaking up behind Donghae as she tries to reach out to her human friend. Boa continues her speech.

“That day when you broke up with Juhyun, I was watching you. I was planning on how I could make you join my army. Jiyong killed Christopher on that night. I told him to. And on the next day...” Boa took a deep breath. “I told them to... murder your parents too.”

Donghae was too stunned to move. His body shook violently---maybe out of anguish, but maybe out of grieve too. A lone tear prickled down his cheek. “How could you...” He trailed off, and by that moment, Sooyoung had already hauled Yoona up on her feet.

“I thought you were my friend! I trusted you! I’ve let you help me! I’ve let you make me into this! I let you! How could you do this to me?!”

The group braced themselves for the worst. Nobody wants to mess with a mad vampire.

Jessica hauls up Boa’s flamethrower onto her back and readies herself, just in case. All the guns were now loaded. Sooyoung was already pointing hers at the back of Donghae’s head. One wrong move and all he'd be is a plain dust in the wind.

Donghae sees this and flexes his jaw.

“Not any one of you deserved to live.”

And without a warning, Donghae sprints for Seohyun, but due to Sunny’s fast reflexes, she lunges for Donghae. Everyone freezes once again while holding onto their dear firearms, ready to fire anytime.

Sunny trudges Donghae to the floor, but the vampire was fast enough to grab hold of her wings and plunged the knife hard.

The angel screamed in pain as some of her feathers fell onto the floor, her blood mixed with it. Sooyoung fires from the back, but unfortunately misses. And Taeyeon tries to make a run for it, but Donghae immediately flails his right arm and slashes at her werewolf body.

Taeyeon slumps on the floor, bleeding.

Luhan was the next one who charged for the vampire but as soon as he got to him, he was gone and was suddenly behind Yoona. Sooyoung whipped herself towards the two’s direction but Donghae already had his arm around Yoona, his knife was pressed deep into the latter’s throat. He held her hostage.

“One more move and Yoona’s going to be lying six feet under!”

That was the last straw. The past few moments, Seohyun was contemplating on how she was supposed to save her ex from this havoc, and at the same time, how would she keep Yoona safe? From the very beginning she knew at some point, she’d have to choose. She’d have to choose between the man she had ever loved since forever, and somehow, she knew a part of her still loved him despite all the faults he did. He wasn’t perfect. Everybody deserves a second chance, right?

And then, there was Yoona. The one girl she swore she’d protect with all her life. The only person who ever showed indifference to her even when the latter knew what she really was. Yoona knew the risks in falling for a creature like her, but she shrugged it off like nothing’s ever wrong in the world. She made her complete. And she wouldn’t trade her love for anything else.

Right from the start, when everything seemed to go out of hand, Seohyun's choice was already dangling in front of her eyes.

“I’m giving you one last chance to choose, Hae. I can forget and forgive everything you did. You can start anew. It’s never too late, Hae. You can start all over again. Don’t do this. Don’t hurt Yoona, please.” Juhyun plead, and the tears on Donghae’s eyes flowed like a waterfall. At the same time, a certain amount of blood seared from Yoona’s neck. She had to make a move. Because if she didn’t, Yoona would be suffering the consequences.

Seohyun averts her gaze on her guardian’s hand---where a vampire gun lied, pointing still towards Donghae and Yoona. For the first time, Seohyun notice’s Sooyoung’s trembling hand---to which was covered with grease and blood.

She took a quick look at her friends.

They were all covered in the same grease and blood. Their eyes were bloodshot. And it was clear that they’ve grown tired spiritually.

“I’m sorry.” Seohyun finally spits out.

Everyone were too stunned to move when Seohyun suddenly snatched the gun from Sooyoung’s hand. They were well aware of the effects it held when it’s in a vampire’s possession. And Seohyun didn't seem to care “Seohyun!” Sooyoung exclaims and tries to steal the gun away. “You can’t---“

Seohyun holds off her friend with one hand as she tries her best to endure the massive pain in her other hand. ‘It’s okay. It’s for Yoona.’ She slips into the fallen angel’s mind and that somehow made Sooyoung’s resistance stop. Seohyun settles her gaze on Donghae again.

“I’m sorry... but you leave me no choice.”

The next thing everyone saw happened was  a gun firing, the same gun dropping from Seohyun’s slowly burning hand. Donghae flinging back onto the hallway behind him. And Yoona dropping to the marbled floor.

“YOONA!”

The group found their voices and the will to run towards the doe-eyed girl and the vampire behind her who was burning into ashes.

Seohyun dropped to her knees; beside Yoona, and cupped the girl’s face with one hand (her burned hand was currently being held by Sunny, healing her) “Y-Yoona... no... Yoona, look at me...”

Yoona reached out a hand to wipe her girlfriend’s cheek damped with crystal-like tears. She released a low chuckle. She managed to ask weakly, “Are... you... alright?” Seohyun nods and rests the doe-eyed girl’s head on her lap. Her hand was now fully healed, and now, Sunny was attending the huge cut on Yoona’s throat. “Is... Taeyeon unnie... alright?” She asks again, her eyelids slowly closing. That sends everyone to panic. “Yoong, no! Don’t... don’t close your eyes! Keep it open!” Yoona chuckles lightly again.

“Im Yoona, this isn’t the right time to be laughing.” Taeyeon was now kneeling by Yoona’s foot and was half scolding the latter. She was already fully clothed. Yoona notices this and lets out a choked laugh. “Unnie... shouldn’t you... be... ?”

“IM YOONA!” Yuri pinches her dongsaeng’s arm lightly.

The doe-eyed girl closes her eyes again. Seohyun violently shakes her. “Yoong... I said---“ “You’re so cute...” Yoona murmurs, eyes still closed. Even before Seohyun could retort, Sunny suddenly stands up. Seohyun notices and looks at the angel confused as ever. “Why did you stop?” Sunny debates with herself if she should tell Juhyun about what she just discovered or not.

“Seohyun, her wound’s not healing.” Everyone looks at her with horrified expressions. Seohyun lets out a husky “What” Then, Sunny massages her temple. “Donghae enchanted the knife he used on Yoona. Making the wound unable to heal fast, or worse... it might not even heal.”

Seohyun shakes her head furiously. “No! You have to try! You can’t let Yoona die... I... Sunny!”

Ever since their parents died in the 1920, that was the last time they ever saw Seohyun become desperate and terrified. Immortals like them aren’t really supposed to be afraid of death since they don’t actually die like humans do anyways. But ever since they’ve lost their parents, their perceptions in life turned to 360 degrees over. And Seohyun felt like it was happening all over again.

“Hyunnie... it’s okay... I’m gonna be okay...”

Yoona brings her hand up to touch her girlfriend’s face again, with only half of her eyelids opened. She knew her time was coming. She didn’t want to leave Seohyun like this, but if they weren’t really meant to be together for eternity, so be it. At least they got to see each other one last time. Her heart broke into a million pieces when Seohyun pulled her into a tight hug and cried harder onto her neck. Her parents might’ve felt like what she was feeling right now when they knew they were going to leave their youngest daughter behind. Alone and broken... until Yuri and Taeyeon came along.

“No... you can’t leave me... I love you... you can’t... leave...”

“I love you... Jung Juhyun... forever...”

At this rate, Taeyeon finally stood from her place and faced the wall as tears also streamed down her face. Yoona was the closest thing to a sister she could’ve wished for when she didn’t have one. God granted that wish. She thank Him for that. But He was now taking her back. ‘No. Not yet. Please...’ Not her nor Yuri knew how they would handle it if Yoona gives up now. She was like family. They were sisters. They’ve been together for almost all of their lives. It never crossed their minds that what if one of them leaves? What would happen to the other two left?

Yuri also stood from her crouching position. She stared down blankly at Yoona’s bloodied neck. As time passes, the more blood Yoona loses. Her dongsaeng was still breathing, yes. But her body went limp already. She was getting weaker and weaker and one of them has to make a decision now. As in now. Because by the time they decide to, it might be too late. She didn’t want Yoona to die. All of them didn’t. And Yoona will not make it if they bring her to the hospital. So she could only think of one solution to the problem. It was their only shot of making Yoona live.

“Seohyun...”

The addressed girl reluctantly looks up at the tanned girl standing across from her. Her both hands were covered with Yoona’s blood; her right cheek too. And by the time they met their gazes, Seohyun immediately knew what Yuri wanted her to do.

“No... I’m... I’m not doing that...” Seohyun shakes her head, disagreeing completely.

“Seohyun, we’re running out of time---”

“This isn’t the life she’d want! I want her to live, but not like that!”

“Why not?!” Yuri continues to argue with the young vampire. To her surprise, Seohyun didn’t argue back after what she’d said. She knew, somehow, the girl was thinking it through. She wishes she could think it through fast. “Seohyun...” Yuri breathed. “Seohyun... Yoona doesn’t have a family to go back to anymore. And I’m sure... she would want to spend the rest of her life with you. She wants to be with you forever, you know that.”

Seohyun bit her lower lip. Yuri was right. No matter how Yoona always try to make the statement “I want to be with you forever” a joke, she knew the latter meant it wholeheartedly. That for Yoona, it wouldn’t be a bore living for eternity as long as the two of them have each other.

“Forever is a long time...” The young vampire mutters in the air, and Tiffany puts her hand above her sister’s. “And she’d gladly spend it with you.”

“Seohyun, please.” Taeyeon plead, tears still flowing freely from her eyes.

Seohyun shuts her eyes tightly for a couple of seconds. She searched for Yoona’s heartbeat and realized that it was getting slower and slower she could barely feel it in her fingers. She opened her eyes. “Her heart’s still beating.” She informs. And Jessica tells her what she needed to do.

“You need to do it now before it stops. You know how it’s done.”

The youngest of the Jungs nods her head. She takes a deep breath and leans in to Yoona’s right ear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This might hurt a bit.”

---

NOTE: Guess who's here tomorrow in the PH~ AYO GG! XDDD

(Sa mga #TeamAirport dyan: Mga beks, sa NAIA tayo, Terminal 1 daw. Lam na dis hahaha)

Anyways, thanks for the subbies and the upvotes, gheis! ^^ Love you all <3

Til my next update guys! Take care! :D Especially the ones going to the concert tomorrow, pagbutihin nyo~ :)))