It Ends Here: Part Three

The Unwanted

NOTE: Hey there gheis! :)) Missed me? Of course you did! LOL
This was supposed to be a double update, but it's taking me a bit too long finishing the other one (lack of inspiration)
So I've decided to put this one up first since you guys have been waiting for too long (and since it's my birthday today too hihi XD)

Anyways, hope you like the update!
And if there's any more questions, feel free to comment :))

ENJOY~

---

Four Days Ago
Warehouse

Taeyeon felt her whole body go numb as she flew across Boa’s room---all the way from the door to the sliding windows on the other side. She hit the window so hard she didn’t doubt for one second she’ll fall off right from the second level of the warehouse. Luckily, her hand was still gripping the small knife she brought with her even before the gang asked her to buy food.

“What do you think you’re doing?!”

Taeyeon grunted in pain as soon as Boa rushed to her in lightning speed and hauled her up to her feet by gripping on her neck; she barely felt the ground on her toes. Taeyeon struggled to let words fall off from , but to no avail, only a faint whimper slid out. She just thought of the one thing that needs to be done. The one she intended to do.

The werewolf plunged the knife once again into the vampire’s ice-cold skin, and that made the latter tumble backwards and let go of her neck.

Taeyeon dropped to the polished wood floor with a loud thud and coughed a few times before composing herself and lunging for Boa’s wrist and get the job done. She didn’t care anymore whether she might actually take out some skin and muscles from the way she aggressively pull the piece of diamond out of Boa’s wrist and smashed it into pieces with her foot. Boa slumped on the ground, holding her wrist.

Taeyeon stood as she massaged her neck free from the lingering effect of Boa’s grip from earlier. For a moment, the room suddenly spun from Taeyeon’s perspective. A little later the latter realizes that she was slowly being immobilized by Boa, and the knife from her hand drops to the ground with a clattering noise before she collapses to her knees.

Maybe this was it. Taeyeon thought. Maybe this was the time when everything they had built will come crashing down into tiny little pieces they won’t have time to glue it back together again. Taeyeon felt her breath slowly diminishing with each second that passed, and she was scared again. She didn’t want to die. She still needs to help her friends. She still needs Tiffany to forgive her.

‘Tiffany...’

She heard a faint voice from the background, and felt a tight grip on her arm. She assumes the grip wasn’t out of hostility, but rather, a concerned, panicking gesture. The moment her head was tilted to face the culprit still shaking her body conscious, Taeyeon finally got to see Boa’s slightly blurry face. The vampire was whispering words along the lines of I’m sorry, get up... and many other things she couldn’t hear clearly because of Boa’s power’s effect.

Then, everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

---

Present Day (Two Days after Seohyun’s departure)
Manila Vampire Institute

It was already eight o’clock in the morning, and the Jungs and their gang were huddled altogether on a stone round table located at the garden of the institute, on the top floor. Only Jessica, Tiffany, In Guk, and the three guardians were present in their ‘emergency meeting’ because the other three were still in deep slumber, they presumed.

“Our trackers’ not working. Someone’s blocking it.” Sunny said after taking a sip of coffee. In Guk was busy reading a new issue of newspaper. Jessica and Tiffany were both in front of their laptops, doing their best to gather information about Boa’s clan members. Sooyoung was lost on a row of lilies set on the far right of the garden---near the doors. And Hyoyeon was sitting beside Sunny, writing down notes like a secretary.

Jessica heaved a sigh. “Of course, unnie’s clan members aren’t that naive to go walking down the streets totally bare. One of them had got to be capable of blocking sh*ts from enemies, I’m ninety-nine percent sure of that.” Tiffany suddenly straightened up. She slapped her sister’s arm repeatedly until she received a menacing glare and stopped. Tiffany shifted her laptop’s monitor for Jessica to see. “This article says Lee Min Young, or we all know she goes by the name Min, used to reside in Taguig, Manila way back in the year 2000.”

All heads shot up towards Tiffany’s direction; including Sooyoung who was apparently taking selfies with the dandelions earlier, was now looking at her. They might have a lead after all.

“Which part of Taguig?”

“McKinley Hill.”

“Are you sure?” In Guk stood up from his chair and took a peek at the article displayed on the screen of Tiffany’s laptop. Sooyoung was now beside In Guk, and was taking a good look at the article too. “That’s in BGC. They’re in BGC??” The youngest of the fallen angels exclaimed. Jessica suddenly shot up from her seat, closed her laptop, and started towards the door.

“Let’s go.”

“What? Now?”

The brunette rolled her eyes. Of course, at times like this, it isn’t possible to waste any more time. Their sister’s in trouble and they need to save her as soon as possible, or it might be too late by the time they decide to. “Duh? We can’t spend another day here not knowing where Juhyun might be. Come on!” She left first, and the rest followed right after.

It was quite a long drive from Malate to Taguig since traffic jam isn’t really much of a companion at times like this. The three siblings, and Yuri were in the Cadillac, and the rest were in the Expedition. They weren’t planning of bringing the other car but like In Guk said earlier, it’s better to bring back up just in case things get out of hand and they needed to split up. Besides, with two cars, the chances of finding Seohyun would be higher.

“Sica, call Sunny and tell her to take the road leading to High Street. We’ll take the way to McKinley.” In Guk instructed his sister, who was beside him on the passenger seat. Jessica went to dial her friend and waited after three rings. Hyoyeon’s voice welcomed her ears instead of the phone’s owner. “Yo.” The brunette rolled her eyes. “We’ll be taking up McKinley Hill. Tell your driver to take Bonifacio High Street.” “Copy that.” Hyoyeon did a salute on the other line, as if Jessica could see her. But the vampire let out a smile anyways.

Just as planned, the two cars separated ways after they’ve reached an intersection. Sunny’s team headed straight, whilst Jessica’s team turned a sharp right. This is where it all starts. There was no backing down now. And though there are only nine of them in the rescue mission, they know that if ever something goes wrong, the institute’s there to back them up even if it was against their law. Like Tiffany had said once, “Our parents made the law, we’re their children and so we could break them anytime.”

‘ the ing law.’ They say.

 

 

 

 

---

Two Days Ago
Gelatissimo – Fort Bonifacio, Taguig

“Let me help you with that.”

Seohyun didn’t exactly knew how to feel right now. If she should hug her sister, or just sit there with her eyes almost popping out from their sockets and hung open like her jaw’s going to fall to the floor any second now. She remained silent even when Boa turned to sit on the empty chair beside Taeyeon, and started talking. Honestly, she haven’t even caught up to what Boa was saying until she heard her speak her name.

“Seohyun...”

Seohyun finally closed ; her lips set into a thin line. She started eating again. “Seohyun, are you okay?” Boa pursed as she watched her little sister eat, and suddenly... suddenly she was transported back to the time when Seohyun was just five years old and the kid nearly reached her hip. She was still in the mansion that time, and she and Seohyun always played hide and seek whenever Jessica and Tiffany were at school and she didn’t have work. Sometimes Boa would find Seohyun sobbing in a corner because she hadn’t controlled her speed and bumped her forehead on the edge of a nearby table. At those times, Boa would sit down and cradle Seohyun in her arms. She would sing her sister a song until she didn’t cry anymore and sing along. Boa could only smile bitterly at the faint memory and the fact that her little sister, who always cried at even the littlest things, was now all grown up---stronger, braver, and would do everything for everyone she loved.

Boa’s so proud of her sister she could hug her right now, but she knows she had to wait until she gained the younger girl’s trust again.

Seohyun placed down her now-empty cup on the table and finally looked at Boa straight in the eye. “Unnie,” She started. “After all these years, what makes you think I would want to talk to you? To hear your side? How could you possibly say that you’re not our enemy now?” Even though, Seohyun tried her best not to sound arrogant, Boa still flinched because of the impact of her words. Boa knew Seohyun was right. How could she possibly think that Seohyun would trust her again in a short amount of time?

“Seohyun...”

“Look, I’m... I’m not saying I’m not open to apologies and forgiveness and such but... I can’t really digest everything right now. I mean, we just got here, and about three weeks ago, the two of you and your gang nearly killed us, and just now... suddenly... ugh! This  is so confusing!” Seohyun ruffled her hair. Taeyeon and Boa looked at each other and nearly laughed at Seohyun’s cute devastated situation. Boa extended her hand to hold her sister’s trembling ones. Seohyun was close to retracting her hand, but Boa held it firmly; warmly.

“Hyun, I know I’ve done horrible things to you, and I know a simple sorry won’t do but... please... let me help you. Let me be your sister just this time. I promise I’ll protect you. If things go wrong and I haven’t kept my promise then... you have all the right in this world to burn me into ashes.”

Seohyun wanted to believe Boa, and at the same time, she don’t want to. Because right now, she was still unsure of things. Unsure of Taeyeon and Boa’s true intentions. Unsure of the sincerity in their voices. Unsure of everything that was happening and about to happen. Because she couldn’t just trust the people who were once enemies. She won’t fall into their trap again.

“Seohyun... please---“

“Okay, look!” Seohyun almost stood from her place when she retracted her hand from Boa’s hold, and held up both of her hands levelled with her head. She looked at Taeyeon and Boa back and forth many times before settling on her sister. “If what you two are saying is true, that you’re really the same person you used to be, and you want to help me, then... do something in return for me.” Seohyun eagerly suggested as she looked to and fro at the two immortals sitting across from her. She slowly brought down her hands.

“What do you suppose we do for you?”

Seohyun took a deep breath before letting the words “Save Donghae” slip out of . She didn’t exactly knew why she suddenly wanted to save Donghae from this mayhem, when just a few moments ago (and a few years ago) she was beyond mad at him for all the reason there is. She hated him. She despised him. Because of him, she was hurt badly---both physically and emotionally---but somehow, deep within her heart, she wanted some sort of closure. Because no matter what he do, she couldn’t ever hurt him---hurt anyone in general. That, and the fact that Donghae deserved to live a normal life. A life far far away from this one.

Boa could only sigh at the request, and Taeyeon looked at her expectantly. What Seohyun had in mind wasn’t really applying to reality. “We can’t do that.” Boa murmured lowly, a normal person wouldn’t even catch it. Seohyun was fast enough to ask “Why not” Boa glanced at Taeyeon’s direction, and the werewolf nodded as if to tell the older girl that she should tell. Boa heaved a heavy sigh and looked at her sister directly in the eyes. “Because he’s not like us. He’s like Min, and Taeyang, and Dara, and everybody else. I didn’t plant a diamond in his veins. He is what he is. I bit him like I did to the rest of them.

“Hyun, I’m sorry I can’t bring him back.” Boa reached out to hold her sister’s hand for the second time, and this time, Seohyun didn’t convulsed. She just let her skin take in her sister’s cold warmth. She should say ‘It’s okay’ but wouldn’t spit it out. Everything wasn’t okay ever since it all got into a tangled web of a mess. And she wonders if that perception of hers was gonna change.

The trio fell into a comfortable silence until Taeyeon suddenly shifted on her seat. Boa and Seohyun both looked at her in confusion. “What is it?” Boa asked. And Taeyeon was now standing on her feet, looking right through the window and searching for something (someone) “Taeyang’s coming.” She finally said, and Boa stood up too. “He can’t see the three of us together.” She muttered. She turned to Taeyeon. “Tae, get her out of here.”

The wolf gave a sly nod and offered her hand towards Seohyun---who accepted it almost immediately. The two brisk walked towards the other door located on the far right side of the establishment. Boa, on the other hand, stepped away from their table and pretended to be looking for something---someone. And just a couple of seconds, Taeyang came walking inside the shop.

The young vampire immediately searched for his sister and grabbed her arm as soon as he caught sight. “Noona, Taeyeon and Juhyun haven’t come back yet.” He informs. And Boa heaves a breath. “They’re not here. Let’s keep searching. If Taeyeon’s in trouble then, we have to hurry.” Boa said hurriedly, praying that Taeyang doesn’t notice the slight shaking of her voice and her panicking eyes. Taeyang nods a heartbeat too late. “You search that way,” he points to his right. “I’ll search this way.” He points to the left, and he’s gone. Boa releases her shaky breath.

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun finally stopped running when they’ve reached Market! Market! And Taeyeon was panting harder than Seohyun would have thought. They were still hand in hand, and Seohyun helps Taeyeon straighten herself up; letting the latter’s small frame lean into her.

“You know, you shouldn’t be feeling tired at all.” Seohyun says.

Taeyeon almost glared at Seohyun. “It’s only been a year, Seohyun.” She says as a matter of fact. The older girl just smiles and pats Taeyeon on the shoulder. “Yeah... I was about to say that.” Seohyun joked as she slip her hand off from Taeyeon’s tight grip. “You know, if my sister ever saw us holding hands like that, she ought to be jealous.” Seohyun teases before walking inside the said mall, leaving a still panting Taeyeon behind.

“Yeah! And she ought to beat you up with her bare hands!” Taeyeon followed suit.

Seohyun shook her head in disbelief. “Is it really me she’s going to beat up or you?” They were now walking side by side again, and Taeyeon’s a little less panting with each step. Werewolves weren’t that fast runners as vampires and fallen angels, you know.

Taeyeon throws a light punch on Seohyun’s arm while smiling. Never would she have thought she and Seohyun were going to get close. Though, not like how Yoona and Yuri were, but still. She said she’d make it up, and she would. “Come on, we need to get back. Or we’re going to get into more trouble than we expect.” Without hesitations, Taeyeon slips her hand unto Seohyun’s and the two of them brisk walks again towards the mall’s other entrance at the back. Seohyun decides to sister’s lover once again before they turn to sprint back to the condominium.

“You keep holding my hand---you’re not falling for me, are you?” Taeyeon turns to the young vampire right behind her with a displeased expression painted all over her face. Seohyun says something one last time before she remembers to bite her tongue.

“If that happens, Yoona and Sooyoung will kill you.”

“Shut it, Juhyun.”

The vampire grins one last time, and then, they were running again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Present Day (Serendra)
“Expedition Group” – Sunny, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona, Luhan

Sunny shifted the gear to reverse as she squeezed the SUV into a free parking space between a Range Rover and a BMW X6. The car’s indicator kept beeping in a pattern until it went flat, almost disarming their hearing. Sunny hit the break and shifted the gear to park before pulling the side break (hand break) up. The group then started dispersing from the car.

“So, where should we start?” Hyoyeon asked leaning on the Rover’s door. Sunny locked the car and faced her friends. She looked around, eyes squinting at the sunlight, scanning their surroundings. “Let’s split up. Luhan, you come with me. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung,” The fallen looked directly at her two friends she mentioned. “Can you handle Yoona?” Hyoyeon smiled, teeth showing. “Yes, ma’am!” Comes her salute.

The eldest in the group chuckled. “Alright. We’ll take One Serendra. So you’ll take the second.” Sunny’s voice seemed to shift from being a complete dork to an authoritative one; almost leader-like. And Yoona is amused.

“Okay, let’s go.” And just like that, the group split into half towards two directions.

“I hope Seohyun’s alright.” Yoona murmurs to no one in particular as soon as they started walking. The two guardians glanced at her side. “Seohyun’s a smart and strong girl. She wouldn’t let herself get stumbled upon just like that.” Hyoyeon reassures with a light pat on Yoona’s back as they closed up the stairs that lead to the units above them. Though, none of them was ever a hundred percent sure that Juhyun was alright, still, they know at what costs, Seohyun would fight back if she needs to. That later on, she’d have to.

Sooyoung takes a deep breath the moment they’ve reached the top of the stairwell. The younger angel takes the lead and makes a sharp turn to the right. The two other girls followed closely behind. They were carefully observing the units they passed by for any suspicious movements when Sooyoung says, “Yoona, if things get out of hand, to which I’m sure it would, run. Don’t wait. Run. R.U.N. You get that?” Yoona barely heard what Sooyoung said so she just nodded anyway. ‘Run’ The word echoed inside the mortal’s head over and over and over a few times as if someone was actually inside her mind. Yoona suddenly halted her steps. Hyoyeon stopped too and looked her. “What’s wrong?” “Someone just spoke into my mind.”

“It’s just me, Yoona. I’m a fallen angel. It’s one of our many abilities.” Sooyoung interrupted, ten steps ahead of the other two. The doe-eyed girl furiously shook her head in disagreement. “No. It wasn’t your voice. Neither was it Hyoyeon’s.” This time, Sooyoung stopped walking. She was already in another hallway, while Hyoyeon and Yoona were both still in the same hallway they came in. Sooyoung turned abruptly. “It’s me.” Though, uncertainty was evident in her voice, she still kept her cool. She knows something was up. And she knows Hyoyeon knows it too. Someone was playing with Yoona’s thoughts. And they both knew better than to scare the human off.

“Let’s keep going.” Hyoyeon signalled Sooyoung by the eye to walk again first as she dragged the unwilling Yoona with her.

The doe-eyed girl let the blonde get a hold of her while her eyes never remained still. Ever since that voice evaded her thoughts, Yoona knew she couldn’t let her guard down. At least, not yet. Not when they haven’t found Seohyun yet. And she knows---feels---that Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were thinking that too.

Sooyoung---who was walking right ahead of the two, suddenly jumped in surprise when a doorknob suddenly jerked from afar. Hyoyeon immediately got to her friend’s side, leaving Yoona just right behind them---staring in curiosity.

“It could be nothing---“

“No. You know it’s not nothing.” Sooyoung spats back before she drags her feet towards the last unit in the hallway; leading into the other building right across from theirs. Hyoyeon and Yoona stood in place as they watch the jangshin inch closer and closer to the door. They almost jumped again when the knob jerked off once more. “Sh*t!” Sooyoung hissed.

Then and there, Hyoyeon wraps her fingers around the grip frame of her gun, to which was tucked inside the waistband of her jeans at her back. Sooyoung implements two knocks on the wooden door and waits for a respond. Yoona saw what Hyoyeon had in store and needed to remind that “Vampires don’t die” to which the blonde kept a straight face. “It’s a vampire gun.” Hyoyeon explains. “It looks like an ordinary gun, but its magazines are solely designed to kill vampires. We have a bunch in the mansion, Seohyun didn’t tell you that?” Yoona shakes her head. “No. It didn’t occur to me there were such things.”

The angel grins. “Well, now you know.”

“Guys!”

Sooyoung was suddenly flying off the second floor back to the ground floor. Hyoyeon immediately pulls her gun out and points it towards the culprit who had just sent the fallen flying off. But just when she pulled the trigger, the vampire was gone.

“Damn it! Sooyoung, stop the time!”

And just as told, Sooyoung, who was already up on her feet, worked her special powers to take control of the time at hand. The world suddenly stopped spinning. Everything and everyone that was moving earlier, also came to a halt. Sooyoung grinned widely just as the vampire inside that last unit jumped on her and wrestled her to the ground.

Hyoyeon quickly reached out inside her biker jacket to grab a compact revolver for Yoona to hold. “Take this. Pull down the hammer before you pull the trigger to fire.” She threw the gun towards the younger girl’s direction. Yoona caught it swiftly with one hand. “You only do it once.” The blonde added. “And stay here. Don’t move. If something approaches, like Sooyoung said, run.” With that, Hyoyeon, too, was off the second floor to help her friend. Yoona stood there obediently, and watched the three immortals roll up and over trying to fight for their lives.

Yoona stared down at the gun in her hands.

She never really fired a gun before.

“Well... there’s always a first for everything...”

 

 

 

 

 

McKinley Hill – Moments earlier
“Cadillac” Group – Inguk, Jessica, Tiffany, Yuri

The four were walking down the pavement as they continued to ask around if they knew Lee Min Young, to which was a great disappointment. None of the residents in the area they were currently in actually knew the name. And as far as they’ve come, thrice they were chase down by large dogs.

The group stopped walking just across a mansion with green metal gates that seemed to go on forever, the roof couldn’t even be seen. There were two guards roaming just outside. None of them actually talked ever since they started scouting up houses mansions, and only Yuri’s panting could be heard aside from incoming cars.

“I’m wishing someone from this house actually knew the person we’re looking for.” Inguk says as he stared at the wide gates on the other side of the road. Jessica shrugged her shoulders indifferently. “I don’t know. We’ve been walking around for what, forty minutes?” Yuri and Tiffany nodded along, and Yuri’s hands were on her knees for support as she tried to catch her breath. If the Cadillac didn’t unfortunately ran out of gasoline then, they wouldn’t even be like this right now.

“Oppa, it’s your fault for not filling up the tank before we left.” Tiffany glared at her brother, who shamelessly smiled at her. Inguk slowly dropped his signature eye-smile when Tiffany kept glaring at him. He looked back at the mansion before them and sighed. “I thought we were gonna make it. Sorry~”

Miyoung rolled her eyes. “Whatevs...”

“Guys, did you notice something?” Jessica says after a while of silence. The other three snapped their heads at their ice princess with furrowed eyebrows. “What?” Inguk mused. And it was Jessica’s turn to roll her eyes at his brother’s ‘utmost stupidity’, as what she labelled once. “Look around, dork!”

Inguk, Tiffany, and Yuri did what Jessica told them to, and only Tiffany looked back with a stoned expression. And suddenly... suddenly, Tiffany was widening her eyes. Sensing something audibly familiar about her sister’s sudden change, Jessica went to Tiffany’s side. “What’s wrong? What did you saw?”

Tiffany answers a beat late. “We have to... we have to go now. We have to find Sunny and the others. Something bad is going to happen.” “What? What’s going to happen? Tell us.” Inguk pursed.

Tiffany looked away and takes a deep breath. “Sooyoung stopped the time,” she says. “And any minute from now, the three of them are going to be in trouble. And by three I mean, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Yoona. A vampire’s going to go after them. Sunny and Luhan would make a run for it, but they won’t make it.” Tiffany pauses and bites her tongue a little too hard to lessen her shaking. She never, even once, liked her powers. Not really.

“We have to go there. We have to be there first before Boa unnie. Because if we didn’t make it before they did... it might already be too late.”

“Then what are we still doing here? Let’s go!” Yuri exclaims. And the next thing the tanned girl knew, Inguk was already carrying her on his back, and then, they were running at the speed of light.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Two Days Ago
Taeyeon’s POV

Seohyun and I made it back into the condo just in time before everyone else started searching for us. Boa unnie and Taeyang still haven’t come back, and I know unnie’s just trying to buy us some time. I thank her for that.

“I won’t let them hurt you, I promise.” I said as I looked back at the vampire standing beside me, on my right. We were already in front of the unit, and Seohyun offered her arm for me to grab hold, or so we planned it as ‘harsh gripping’. The two of us had come up of a small plan of me acting like I’ve caught her somewhere out there trying to sneak out as she struggle in my grip, so they weren’t going to be suspicious of me and blow our cover. No one in the group could know that I’m me again, and that Boa unnie’s back to her old self. Or else, we’re going to be in trouble~ trouble~ trouble~

“You’re still not fond of your abilities.” Seohyun tells me with a grin across her lips. ‘Don’t underestimate me’ is what I tell her through my eyes, and she giggles silently. “Who cares? At least I’ll do my best, your highness.” Seohyun stares at me, still with that grin on her face. “You knew?” She asked me. I nodded slowly. I rewind my memories back to the time I met with mom and dad on a Saturday. They interrogated me that day as to why I never told them I was friends with vampires who were late princesses from about a century ago. Back then, I didn’t actually cared, plus, I thought my parents were joking. But later on, I found out it was real. Who would’ve thought?

“You ready, Princess Juhyun?”

“Oh shut up.”

I chuckled. And it was a good thing that we stopped goofing around when the door burst open, revealing Zelo and his blonde brothers. I immediately grabbed Seohyun’s arm and started with our acting. I do hope I get an award for this though.

Once inside, I roughly shove Seohyun on a nearby wall, and I hear her wince slightly as she stumbled a little to the side. The group crowded around us as I start to recite my on-the-spot script. “She said she was going to use the bathroom but when I came to look, she weren’t in any of the cubicles. I started off after her. I say, she resisted very well.” I ended. Seohyun glared at me as what she said she would do, and flexed her jaw. On the corner of my eye, I see Dara inch closer to Seohyun with her arms crossed by her chest. Dara scoffs. And I think I just stopped breathing. I know I said I’d do everything to protect her, but I’m not really sure how well I stand in fights like this.

I mean, six vampires against one and a werewolf?

I know Seohyun’s a lot stronger than the rest of the group, as what I’ve heard from Boa unnie one time. A reason why they want her in the group more than the want of letting Tiffany and Jessica join. Okay, I’ll rephrase that---it’s six against one. Because I’m sure only Seohyun would make it out alive here.

“And you actually think you could run away, huh?” Dara exclaims, and Seohyun just stands there with the same intimidating expression as everyone else’s (except me. I’m slightly nervous) “Too bad. Taeyeon’s faster than you.” Wrong, Dara. You are very very wrong about that. “You know, I could be good to you if you desire me to. But I’m telling you this one time,” I swore my eyeballs almost popped out its sockets when Dara came more closer to Seohyun so they were face to face. “I play really dirty if you get on my bad side.”

Dara clamped her palm onto Seohyun’s neck, and Seohyun was clenching her fists on the side---her knuckles turning faint. It was part of our plan (if you even call it that) to not do anything reckless and stupid if something like this happens. And right now, Seohyun’s resisting the urge to claw at Dara’s face until she ran out of blood. I was about to go to the rescue when Dara was gripping at Juhyun’s neck more tighter with each passing second, but Donghae beat me to it.

“Dara, stop. Boa wouldn’t like it if you kill her.”

I sighed in relief.

At least Donghae did something relevant for once.

Dara removed her grip from Seohyun’s neck, and went back to sit on the sofa in the living area. Donghae followed her, and soon, the rest too.

For a split second, mine and Seohyun’s eyes met.

“Tae, lock her up in the room.” Min’s voice came in after, commanding me like I’m her little soldier. Pfft! Why did I even got myself involved with these kind of people? How, Taeyeon? How? Ugh!

I dragged Seohyun with me by the arm, and into the room located at the far end of the hallway on our right. We faced each other as soon as I closed and locked the door behind me.

“You’ve got another plan?” She asks me.

I scratched the side of my head. “No. I’ll let Boa unnie work on that.”

Seohyun didn’t nod, but she didn’t shook her head either. Meaning she was in the middle of agreeing and disagreeing. If that even makes sense.

“Okay. Call out if you need anything.” I said. This time, she nodded once as she sat on the edge of the double-sized bed. “Or you could just jump out the window if you want to.” I joked. She snorted. “Get out of here, Taeyeon.” I laughed silently before heading out. As soon as I locked the door from outside, I hear her sigh. I could only think about how she feels about all of this.

Boa unnie and I needs to work out that real plan fast.

 

 

 

 

 

---

Author’s POV

The middle-age vampire lifted Sooyoung’s frame with one hand and tossed the angel towards a restaurant; the glass windows shattering as Sooyoung’s body collides with it. Sooyoung groans in pain the moment her head hits a wall. And as she opened her eyes, she was suddenly lifted off her feet, and the same vampire who threw her off the second floor earlier and now, was in front of her again.

“Who are you?” The man asked.

Sooyoung laughs in pure mockery. “Choi Sooyoung. Twenty. Died in 1918. Angel turned guardian angel turned fallen. I believe I saved your son Eric’s life once. You still don’t know me? you!” Sooyoung grabbed a fistful of the man’s collar and shove him hard enough for him to land on his buttocks outside the resto. He was about to lunge for the angel once again, but a strong arm knocked him back to the ground.

Hyoyeon pointed her gun’s muzzle directly at the vampire’s face. “Where are they?” The vampire lied there, frozen, his two hands levelled with his head. “Where’s Kwon Boa and her clan? Answer me, or I won’t take this the easy way.” The man shook his head furiously. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.” “Oh please! You threw me off the railings the moment you saw my face!” Sooyoung exclaimed beside Hyoyeon. She grabbed her friend’s vampire gun and pointed it to the man herself. “I’m sure they already informed you who we were and what we’re here for.”

Sooyoung loaded the gun. “I’m asking you one last time---where are they?” The man stayed there, unmoving, even when Sooyoung pulled down the hammer. The fallen was about to pull the trigger and end this nonsense conversation until a voice too familiar to ignore interrupted.

“Choi Sooyoung!”

The two angels whipped their heads on their right and saw the people they were looking for. The same reason why the man lying on the floor was on the verge of burning into ashes if not for the disruption.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon didn’t know whether they should be happy or not because finally, Seohyun was here---safe and untainted. But she wasn’t alone. She was with the people they so ever despised these past few years, and that alone wasn’t a good catch. Though, there’s a possibility that Seohyun might be acting, and that possibility is to be considered, Sooyoung thought.

Seohyun and the rest of Boa’s gang stopped right in front of the two, and Sooyoung doesn’t have the slightest will to lower her gun; not yet.

Juhyun glanced at the people beside her before looking from Hyoyeon to Sooyoung. She swallows an amount of saliva before speaking. “Put down your gun, Soo.” She said, soft but suprisingly dark. The two angels couldn’t believe their ears. Was Seohyun really acting this out or...

“No.” Sooyoung firmly stated. “Not unless you tell me why should I.” She shifted the gun from the vampire on the floor to the vampires surrounding Seohyun. Their faces were blank but it was pretty clear they got intimidated by the gun because they backed away slightly.

“I’m about to blow up every single one of these bastards if you don’t tell me why you’re with them.”

The young vampire closes her eyes in the slightest second and bit her lower lip. That’s when Hyoyeon and Sooyoung knew Seohyun was indeed acting out all of this. And everything’s about to go wrong if she doesn’t do as planned. If she gave into the urge of going to her guardian’s sides and just run away.

“I’m not going with you.” Seohyun says, composed. “I belong here, with them.”

“What? Seohyun...”

Seohyun, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Taeyeon widened their eyes as if they’ve never expected for Yoona to show up right now (well at least, Seohyun and Taeyeon didn’t)

“Seohyun...” Yoona didn’t think twice on hugging her girlfriend tight and didn’t ever wanna let go; afraid that if she did, Seohyun would dissipate in the air and be gone again. Permanently. “No... you’re not going with them. You’re coming with us. Hyun...”

Seohyun fought the urge to cry, to hug Yoona tightly, to kiss her like nothing’s wrong in the world. But their plan needs to succeed. Their cover cannot blow. No. Definitely won’t do. She needs Yoona to get out of here. She needs Yoona to be safe. “Go back, Yoona. Go home.” Seohyun finally shoved Yoona away. Her heart broke down when she saw her girlfriend’s tear-stained face.

Yoona held Seohyun’s hand in hers and guided her to feel her heartbeat. “Seohyun, what did they do to you? Did they poison you too? It’s me. Juhyun, it’s me. Please don’t...”

“Yoona... just... go. I’m begging you. Go.”

‘Well... that's our cue.’

Taeyeon clasps Seohyun’s free hand from behind and slips a lighter on the palms. Seohyun’s body tensed as she glanced back at the werewolf. A mere nod from Taeyeon closes the deal off. It was now or never. Nobody should ever screw up. Not this time.

Seohyun looks back at Yoona before settling her gaze towards Hyoyeon. She slid into the fallen’s thoughts. ‘When I say run, take Yoona away from here.’ The blonde girl nodded once. She unsheathed her wings from her back and waited for the younger girl’s signal. Seohyun pulled Yoona by the neck.

“I love you.” She whispered directly to the doe-eyed girl’s ear. “When I say run, run. Don’t wait...

 

 

RUN!

---

NOTE: THANK YOU to my Upvoters and to my forever loyal SUBBIES! Thank you so so much! :D Love lots~

(And who's ready for 'Catch Me If You Can', and 'Best of Best Manila' on the 10th and 12th?!?? XDDD Hahaha)