Almost Is Never Enough

The Unwanted

Tiffany’s POV
Moments Earlier...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Fany-ah... can we talk?”

I heaved a sigh. “Can I... pass? I’m not in the mood...” After what happened downstairs... with Taeyeon... I don’t know if I’ll ever be in the mood again.

I know it’s only been almost a year since we met, but I already had these indescribable feelings. Feelings I couldn’t explain at first. Feelings I never felt for anybody other than my family, friends and relatives.

Well... theirs are... a whole lot different... and so as Taeyeon’s.

 

 

 

“But I need to tell you something very important.”

And then there’s this weird rumbling of my internal organs whenever Sunny goes giddy with me, with that eyesmile of hers that’s almost similar to mine. I don't know.

I turned to her hesitantly as I mindlessly threw the tennis ball I was holding, onto the wall. I stared at her for a moment. Oh, God knows how long I did.

 

 

 

 

 

“Just make it fast.” I muttered. She could still hear me anyway.

 

 

 

We were looking into each other’s souls, until she spoke again.

“There’s something you need to know about Taeyeon...”

She looked away.

 

 

 

Wait. Is she talking about Taeyeon? What? As far as I could remember, she despises her... so much. So... why? I mean... it’s clearly impossible for Sunny to know something about Taeyeon that I don’t. I know almost everything about that dork, that I doubt Sunny knows.

They’re not THAT close.

Wait. They’re NOT close to start it with.

“What are you talking about?”

 

 

 

 

 

I witnessed her bit her lip. She looked back at me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon’s not human... she’s not what you think she is.”

“What do you mean? I don’t understand you.” I don’t. I really don’t. Do you? I know very damn well that she’s human. Because first and foremost, her eyes are brown. Second, her skin’s fairly toned. And last, she’s warm.

“She’s an immortal like us.”

Okay, okay. Now my mind’s completely ed up! Taeyeon’s an immortal?? No! It’s impossible! It’s... it’s...

 

 

 

Wait. I did say she’s warm, didn’t I? So that means...

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s a werewolf.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My world crashed when my parents died...

 

 

 

 

 

Now... I feel like my world crashed for the second time around...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Author’s POV
Present Time

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mom, I’ve reached home. What’s up?” Taeyeon turned off the engine.

[I've sent your cousin there.]

The short girl furrowed her eyebrows. “Who exactly are we talking about here?”

[Luhan. I told him to visit you there.]

Taeyeon unbuckled her seatbelt, and leaned back comfortably on her seat. “Why? I thought you have something to tell me?”

The woman from the other line heaved a sigh. [Your father and I wanted to tell you personally. But you know, since we can’t be there right now, we’ve asked Luhan instead. You do understand, right, honey?]

“Hmm.”

Silence suddenly fell between the mother and daughter.

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim spoke again. [Taeyeon, are you still there?]

Taeyeon nodded, as if her mother could see it. “Yup. Still here.” The latter yawned.

[I love you. Always remember that.]

“I love you more, mom.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*tap tap tap*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sh*t!” Taeyeon literally jumped out of her seat, her head hitting the car’s ceiling with a loud thud. “Ah!”

[Honey, you okay? What happened?]

The short girl glared at the person grinning at her from outside. “A blonde deer scared the sh*t out of me, mom.” She lowered the window.

“Hi, noona! Hi, auntie!” a doe-eyed boy purposely raised his voice.

“Aish! You’re making me deaf!” Taeyeon flicked her cousin’s forehead, causing the former to back away.

“Ow~” Luhan winced.

Mrs. Kim giggled from the other line. [Okay, now, you two stop bickering, and get down to business. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay? Love you~]

“Sure, mom. Love you too.”

[Okay. Bye, honey~]

“Bye, mom!”

The mother and daughter finally hung up.

Taeyeon glared at her cousin again.

Luhan chuckled. “What?”

The older of the two, rolled her eyes.

///

JUNG’s RESIDENCE
Moments Earlier...

 

 

 

 

 

“Miyoung-ah! Yah!” Sunny sprinted towards the younger girl.

Tiffany turned to walk away.

Luckily, the older girl caught her arm just in time. “Let’s get inside. You’re dripping wet, and so am I. Come on.” She half-shouted, because of the heavy rain.

Tiffany pried her friend’s arm away. “I’m fine. You go first.” She muttered as she turned to leave again.

This time, Sunny quickly went in front of the younger. She held her by the shoulder. “Don’t be like this... please?”

The jet-black haired girl just stared blankly at the person across her. “Sunny... tell me... don’t I deserve to be happy?” she let her tears blend with the rain streaming down her face.

“Everyone deserves to be happy. Don’t ever think you don’t.”

“Then, why is this happening to me?? Huh?? TELL ME!! I can accept the fact that Taeyeon can’t love me back because she’s afraid of me!! But never will I accept the fact that she would hate me because she’s a werewolf!! GIVE ME ANY STUPID REASON BUT THAT!!” Tiffany yelled her heart out.

Sunny pulled the younger girl into a comforting embrace. She didn’t know what to say. She always prayed for Taeyeon to finally back away from Tiffany, and for her to disappear from their lives... but seeing this broken state of the love of her life... she wished she shouldn’t have.

She had always hated Taeyeon... and now... she had found more reasons to hate her. And hurting her beloved mushroom would top the list.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m here now. I will always be...”

After crying on the other girl’s shoulder for a moment, Tiffany slowly pulled away. She looked at Sunny in the eye, to which the blonde reciprocated.

She smiled bitterly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I wish I had the power to control my heart... to stop it from loving her... but I can’t... it’s too stubborn... I’m too stubborn...”

Sunny forced herself to smile back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If you could have just chosen me... this wouldn’t---“

 

 

 

Sunny didn’t get a chance to continue her sentence, as she suddenly felt a pair of warm lips laminate aggressively against hers.

The blonde widened her eyes at the sudden contact.

 

 

 

 

 

Of course, Tiffany was broken... she knew that.

 

 

 

 

 

She knew that very well.

///

The three figures standing by the hallway, exchanged looks.

“Well?” Jessica crossed her arms by her chest, as she demanded for an explanation.

 

 

 

“Uhh...” Hyoyeon rubbed her nape. “Well...”

“HyoyeonwasabouttotellFanyaboutTaeyeon’sidentitybutSunnybeathertoitandItriedtostopherbutshewon’tlisten.” Sooyoung said in rapid pace. “And I guess... I’ll be out of this? Hehe... yeah...” the tallest of the three walked off from the scene.

Jessica sighed, as she walked closer to the blonde. “That wasn’t the plan.”

Now, it was Hyoyeon’s turn to sigh. “I know. But their situation’s starting to get out of hand. And if someone’s not going to move their muscles, then, I won’t just sit here and do nothing. Tiffany’s like a sister to me. And don’t you think she deserves to know the truth?”

“Joohyun and I are planning to tell her, just not---“

“Not what, Jess? If you really wanted to tell her, why not do it sooner? Right before she fell any deeper?” the younger of the two argued.

Jessica fell silent. She knew that the girl right in front of her, was right. She should’ve told her sister before everything got worse. She closed her eyes, and massaged her temple. “You’re right. I wish I could’ve told her as soon as possible.” She bit her lip. She hated the idea of Tiffany getting emotionally hurt. She can’t bear to witness one of her siblings getting hurt. “Now, I think it’ll be hard for her to take it all in. She really does love Taeyeon.”

“It’ll be hard. But we just need to be there for her, like the time we’ve been there for Seohyun five years ago.” The blonde took Jessica’s hand in hers.

 

 

 

The two went silent for a moment. Thinking about what will happen next.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyoyeon-ah...” Jessica decided to speak again.

“Hmm?” Hyoyeon hummed in response, as she continued to play with the other girl’s fingers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri asked me to be her girlfriend.”

The blonde girl stopped from her doings. She looked up at her ‘friend’, blankly staring at her.

 

 

 

Jessica gulped. It never did crossed her mind that telling Hyoyeon about her love life could be THIS hard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I said... yes.”

///

KIM’s RESIDENCE
Present time...

“Waaahh! Your house is huge!”

Taeyeon chuckled. “It’s not like it’s your first time seeing a huge house.” She closed the gate behind her, and reached for the door. She was about to turn the knob, but she halted when she heard an unusual voice coming from inside.

 

 

 

 

 

“I think I should go now.”

“But Hyunnie~ I don’t want you to go yet~”

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon gritted her teeth. She slammed the door open.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?!?”

 

 

 

The two maknaes turned their heads to look at the source of the voice. They both released from their embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie... I can explain...”

Taeyeon fixated her gaze to girl beside her dongsaeng. “Get out.” Her voice was as cold as ice, as she also glared at Seohyun.

“Unnie, don’t be rude to my girlfriend!” Yoona contrasted. She held her girlfriend’s hand.

“No, Yoona! Get that thing out of here, or I’ll drag her out myself!”

The doe-eyed girl clenched her fist. “Taeyeon unnie! She's not a thing!” she, herself, knew that she was starting to get mad now.

Seohyun gently squeezed Yoona’s hand. “It’s okay. I’ll go now.” the latter slowly let go.

“Hyun...”

The brunette slightly smiled, before finally started walking towards the door.

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon grabbed Seohyun’s arm right before she could step outside. “Stay away from my dongsaeng. I don’t care what you’ll do to me, but I’ll tell you this... I’d risk everything to protect my family. And Yuri and Yoona are part of it.”

Seohyun turned to look at the older girl in the eye. “Then, I’ll also tell you this... I love Yoona, and she loves me, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” She slowly removed Taeyeon’s grip from her arm. Her eyes had changed from brown to a golden colour. “You still have the guts to tell me this nonsense after all the things you’ve done and still doing to my sister? Just how pathetic are you?” She chuckled sarcastically. “You don’t have a single right to tell me what to do.” She didn’t wait for the other to respond, and just walked off.

Taeyeon clenched her fist. ‘How dare she?’ She turned back to her dongsaeng, who’s still standing still from the living room.

Yoona glared at her friend. She turned to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

“Why can’t you listen to me??”

The younger girl halted on her footsteps.

Taeyeon moved closer to where the doe-eyed girl was, leaving her cousin behind for a while. “Haven’t I told you to stay away?? Why can’t you unders---“

 

 

 

“UNNIE! ENOUGH!”

 

 

 

The two figures standing by the living room, was taken aback.

Yoona NEVER did raised her voice to any of them. Sure, she raises her voice to those people who pisses her off. But Taeyeon, and Yuri? No. No matter how much they were annoying sometimes, Yoona never did raised her voice.

 

 

 

The doe-eyed girl lowered her head, apologetic. “I’m sorry, unnie... but I can’t talk about that right now...” she didn’t look up, and just walked past her unnie, and went upstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the other side...

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey! Wait!”

Seohyun turned to her side, to only see a doe-eyed blonde boy rush to her side. “Yes?”

“Uhmm... let me introduce myself first.” The said boy bowed politely. “I’m Luhan.” He showed a half smile.

The brunette bowed slightly. “It’s Seohyun. Uhmm... do you... need something?”

“Uhh... it’s about... Taeyeon noona...”

Seohyun looked curiously at Luhan. “If it’s about what happened back there... I apologize if you have to witness that.”

Luhan lightly shook his head. “No, it’s okay. What I wanted to tell you is that... please bear with her.”

The younger girl immediately got the message that the other was trying to convey. “I’m trying.”

This time, Luhan smiled fully. “Thank you.”

“You’re one, right?”

The blonde boy slowly nodded. “I’m planning to tell noona about that tonight.”

Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows. “Tell her?”

“That she’s one of us.”

The brunette closed her car’s door. “Wait. She doesn’t know?” the latter asked.

Luhan shook his head. “No. Her parents wanted her to live a normal life, so they didn’t let her know.” He answered truthfully. “I thought you already know?”

“No, not this one. We actually thought she, herself, knew that she’s a werewolf, because she was trying her best to stay away from us. And she was trying hard enough not to fall for my sister.” Seohyun muttered the last sentence.

 

 

 

 

 

“You? Aren’t you afraid of me? I mean, our races are supposed to hate each other.”

Luhan just chuckled. “I know you’re one of the good guys, and that you mean no harm. I mean, we could be like Jacob and Bella, for all you know.”

Seohyun chuckled.

“Are you hitting on me?”

The doe-eyed boy suddenly, and unknowingly blushed. “What? M-Me? No! No. I wouldn’t ever dare to betray Yoona.” The latter laughed nervously.

“Good to know, then?” the younger opened her car's door again.

“Uhmm... but you know... like I said... we could be like Jake and Bella, meaning... we could be friends, you know? I mean, since you’re Yoona’s girlfriend...”

“I think that’s not  a good idea...”

Luhan’s smile dropped. “Eh? Why?”

“Oh, you know... you saw what happened earlier... Taeyeon would also tell you to stay away from me.”

Luhan pondered for a moment. “Okay. Not for now, at least... BUT... After I tell Taeyeon noona all about it, can we be friends by then?” the former pursued.

“We’ll see.” Seohyun smiled for the last time, before finally entering her car.

The older smiled to himself. He waved at Seohyun before the latter drove off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Even though we just met, I like her already...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Luhan! What are you doing outside?”

Averting his gaze from the disappearing car, Luhan turned to the source of the voice. “Oh! Noona! Sorry! I forgot!” he laughed at his ridiculous self.

 

 

 

 

 

///

[NOTE:

Hey guys! So? What do you about this chap? Crappy? I know... LOL xD I'm kind of not feeling well today, so hope you guys understand :)

THANK YOU for all the SUBS, COMMENTS, and UPVOTES~! ^^ You guys are really the best!

This is all for now. I'll be back as soon as I can :))

Til mah next update~~ <3]