Time Machine

The Unwanted

Hey guys~! How are you? Haven't seen you guys in a while XDD

Well... Here's an update for ya'll. Yeah, I know, it's a crappy flashback sh*t, but hey... there's some TaeNy in it, and I tried my best :)) I hope you guys would still appreciate it :))

I Love You, my precious readers <3 <3 <3

///

Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kim Taeyeon.”

The addressed girl convulsed for a moment there, to which the whole class resulted on giggling at the midget. Taeyeon looked up from her notebook. “Y-Yes, sir?”

It was always a minor subject for the day of Tuesday for this semester.

Professor Gerard Do stoop down from the platform and walked towards Taeyeon’s table. “Please stand up.” he said with perfect diction and pronunciation---one of the millions of reasons why many students admire this English professor, as Tiffany and Jessica said.

Taeyeon slowly got to her feet and slowly placed her pen down her table. She turned to her professor. God, how she hates English so much.

“What is the meaning of Compelling?”

“Uhh...” as Professor Do turned around to walk back to the frontal side of the room, Taeyeon almost immediately turned to the eye-smiling girl sitting at the end of the row she was in. Her eyes hinted something.

“Taeyeon?”

“It’s...” she waited for help.

 

 

 

 

 

Admiration

The word glowed in a pink light.

 

 

 

It’s like a bulb light suddenly flicked above the petite girl’s head. “Ah!” she remembers now. So stupid of her to forget the one word she used to describe the girl she liked just yesterday. “It’s admiration in an irresistible way.” She turned her attention back to the front, just in time that their professor faced all of them.

“Very well. You can sit down now.”

The subject went on with their professor blabbering about this and that and blah blah blah all in the language she and her best friends hated the most.

Taeyeon took a glance at the girl at the end of the row she was at and smiled, her cute chin dimple showing.

The jet-black haired girl just stared blankly at Taeyeon, urging the former to stop playing around and pay attention.

Taeyeon hesitantly complied. She wanted to stare at her much more longer.

 

 

 

 

 

A smile slowly crept up on the eye-smiling girl's face.

///

 

 

 

 

 

“Tiff, let’s go.” The eldest of the sisters urged.

Tiffany hurriedly closed her locker door. “Nah. You two go ahead. I still have someone on my schedule.” The latter started walking on the other direction with hurried footsteps. “I’ll see you both later!”

“Yeah! Sure...”

Seohyun finally faced her sister. “So... I won the bet...” she smirked. It was a very rare situation that she’s like this---much more evil than their mother.

She and Jessica made a bet, whether Tiffany was starting to like Taeyeon or they were just being delusional of things. Seohyun picked the ‘Like’ part, and Jessica picked the other.

Jessica glared at her little sister. There was no way she’d let maknae win their childish bet. “No way. We haven’t got much proof yet.” She stuck out her tongue. She wouldn’t think that Tiffany was starting to like Taeyeon because she chose the other part of the bet. She would lose if she let her guard down. Yeah, it’s childish, but could you blame them? All these years they’ve been mourning, isn’t it time to loosen up a little? Right?

Seohyun’s smirk just got wider. “I know you know unnie’s starting to like Taeyeon. I was like that with Yoona.” yep. Her sister’s totally done now.

“Ugh! Whatever, Hyun!” Jessica walked away from her sister.

 

 

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you always like that?” Taeyeon tried her best not to stutter, and gladly she did. But no one really knows what’s going on inside her. She was having a feeling that anytime soon, her heart would come out of her chest. She inched away from the other girl, afraid that she would faint if she didn’t.

“Like what?” After an eternity-like minute, the jet-black haired girl finally talked back. She turned at the girl beside her, who had her head hung low, and her slender fingers strumming the strings of the guitar she was holding.

“Uhh...” Taeyeon was at lost for words. What should she say next? “... l-like that. You’re like Jessica.” She mumbled.

Tiffany put her pen down and leaned back on the back seat of the chair she was seating at. “Are you intending to say that I’m intimidating?” the latter tried to hide her smile that wanted to form on her pink lips. She found it funny how Taeyeon was always this nervous whenever they’re together, and the fact that in her hundred years of existence, no one has ever been like this to her, and it’s unbelievably amusing.

“Yes.” Taeyeon widened her eyes at what had just blurted out. “I-I mean... No! No no no no no... What I meant was... ugh!” she face-palmed. She never got this nervous in front of someone she likes. She didn’t know why the other girl has this certain effect on her. It was ineffable.

Taeyeon peeked at the girl beside her, through her fingers’ spaces. An electric bolt shot through her body when she saw Tiffany staring her down with those beautiful, seductive brown orbs. She found it y... well... everyone would, but this isn’t the right time to drool at the eye-smiling girl.

She swore at herself for having erted thoughts again.

 

 

 

Unknown to Taeyeon, Tiffany was smirking deep inside. The latter really found it amusing that someone could actually be this nervous in front of her. Well... actually... everyone that sees her and her sisters and the other three, they were always nervous and couldn’t look at them in the eyes. But then again, Taeyeon’s nervousness was different, different to the point that both her cheeks and her ears were now of the same colour as a strawberry.

Taeyeon likes her. She knew that. But the only thing she wanted to know was how much? Because normally, her admirers would only admire her for the day, and the next thing she knew, they were admiring another the very next day. Infatuation. If that’s what you’d like to call it.

She wonders if Taeyeon’s the same as them.

 

 

 

///

“Hey, Tiff!”

The addressed girl felt a tap on her elbow as soon as she heard the familiar voice. “Hmm?” she didn’t bother looking back because she knew exactly who the person was.

“Who are you texting?”

Tiffany still didn’t look back, she was fully immersed on her phone. “Taeyeon.” she said the former’s name as if it was a very normal thing to blurt out. She had never mentioned Taeyeon’s name like this. It’s either she calls the petite girl ‘midget’, ‘ahjumma’, or anything else that could relate with that girl.

She had never texted anyone THIS eager, considering the fact that she doesn’t have friends outside their so-called family.

 

 

 

“Can you at least glance at me when you’re talking?”

Tiffany almost immediately complied. She took a quick glance at the person beside her.

“Yah!”

The eye-smile queen chuckled, as she now set her attention fully on the other girl. “What? You told me to glance, not to look.” Her eyes slowly formed a crescent shape as she laughed heartily.

“Haha very funny.” The older girl started to walk away in hurried steps, stupidly forgetting the fact that Tiffany was faster.

“Aww... is my Sunny Bunny mad?” Tiffany pouted cutely.

No one’s in the hallway anyways, so she could do whatever she want.

“No.” Sunny faked a smile.

Tiffany was walking backwards, whilst Sunny was walking the normal way. Well, it’s Tiffany’s fault for suddenly appearing in front of her like some kind of ghost.

Tiffany suddenly stopped walking, causing Sunny to almost bump unto her.

Now, they were face to face. The ‘normal’ distance they always had. “Look. Taeyeon was just asking me things and I can’t just ignore her, can I?” she said as honestly as possible. She knows her Sunny gets mad even with the tiniest things that relates to anything human. She couldn’t blame her though.

“Since when did you two become close?”

Tiffany scrunched her eyebrows together at the question. “What? Did I say we’re close?” she haven’t thought of them THAT way. She wasn’t planning to go that far. She had her boundaries. She waited for an answer.

“Aren’t you? I mean... talking to each other all day, texting, calling... blah blah blah...” Sunny gestured with her hands as she spoke.

It was like a wrecking ball suddenly came into the scene and slammed onto her stone-like skull and woke the sh*t out of her. ‘Me and Taeyeon? Close?’ it was too far to be possible as she thinks about it, but as Sunny said it, pictures came flashing repeatedly inside her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

Tiffany came down from her bedroom and into the living room, where four figures sat too comfortably on the huge leather sofa, their eyes concentrated on the huge screen in front of them.

“What are you guys watching?”

She didn’t wait for an answer, it’s not like their gonna answer her anyways. She peeked at the tv.

Lily Collins' face was on the screen, and so as Jamie Campbell Bower’s.

“Oh...” was all the word that came out. Truthfully speaking, she wasn’t much of a fan of ‘The Mortal Instruments’ series. But even though that’s the case, having nothing else to do, she slumped her buttocks down on the sofa, beside her beloved elder sister.

“Hey, Jessi...”

“Hmm?” Jessica hummed, eyes not turning away from the screen.

Tiffany took a deep breath before going back to her motive of being here. “Can I ask you something?” she didn’t know why she was suddenly doing this, but heck! She wanted to know what her sister thinks about it. She opened to speak again, but she realized something. “Wait. Where’s Joohyun?” she glanced around the area, but saw nothing, not even a shadow of their maknae.

“You seriously want me to answer that?”

“Why not?”

“Because the last time you asked me that, and I answered truthfully, you were enraged.” Jessica said, while remembering that night when the two of them fought because of YoonHyun. “If you’re going to make me answer that, and then throw me outside... no thanks. I’m not in the mood.” She sensed her sister glaring at her from the corner of her eyes. It’s okay, as long as she doesn’t puff like a mad dragon, she thought.

Tiffany gave up the glaring, and sighed. “She’s with Yoona again, isn’t she?” she rested her elbow beneath the sofa’s arm and have her left cheek rest on her enclosed fist. It’s really tiring to think about her sister dating a human, just so everyone knows. Even though it’s been a few weeks since the maknaes started dating, she still can’t get over it, and she knew Jessica hadn’t too. It’s just that, Jessica really knows how to build up a good facade.

 

 

 

“Don’t start, Tiff. I’m watching.” Jessica knew that Tiffany was starting to get over dramatic again. “Just let her be, it’s not like that stubborn young lady is gonna listen to us.”

“Ugh!” Tiffany threw her head back. And for a second there, she utterly forgot what she was going to REALLY ask. “Oh, right! That’s not really what I’m going to ask.” She turned to look at her sister again.

Jessica still didn’t budge.

“I’m curious...”

“About what?”

Tiffany started fiddling with her fingers. Suddenly, she was getting nervous. “How...” she bit her lip. “How... would you know if you like... someone?” she literally sunk on her seat. Can’t believe what she had just said.

As if on cue, the people who had their intense gazes on the tv earlier, was now looking straight at the jet-black haired girl who just spoke, with those curious and questioning eyes of theirs. Of course they were hearing everything that the two sisters were talking about. They weren’t deaf after all.

Jessica had hanging open.

Tiffany liking someone? Pfft! The Gods must be crazy.

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

The tables were suddenly turned.

 

 

 

 

 

///

“Hey, Tae!”

Taeyeon was about to turn around, but even before she could do so, a sudden weight was felt on her back. “Ah! You!” she grabbed the other girl through a headlock. She was repeatedly knocking on the younger girl’s head now.

“Unnie! Don’t kill Yuri unnie!” a doe-eyed girl yelled while laughing, alligator style.

Yuri managed to pull away from ManTaeng, and bumped her shoulder onto the older girl’s. “What’s up?”

Taeyeon bumped her left shoulder onto one of the lockers, all because of Yuri’s assault. “Stop it, Yul!” the latter hissed.

“Tss... are you on your period?” Yuri teasingly raised her voice a bit.

 

 

 

SMACK.

 

 

 

“I swear I’m gonna kick your a** right now!” Taeyeon positioned herself to kick the tanned girl’s behind.

“Unnie, you can do that later. You don’t wanna get in detention, do you?” Yoona rummaged through her blazer’s pockets until her hand finally came in contact with a certain something. She fished it out.

Both Taeyeon and Yuri turned their attentions to their maknae, who was now eating a bar of chocolate.

“Yoong, you’re eating again?”

“Why not?”

“We just ate.”

“So?” being the shikshin she is, Yoona didn’t really care, and just laughed it off. Her unnies are teasing her again.

“Whatever.”

A comfortable silence fell on the three of them, to which was normal... at least for them it was. But after a little while, Yuri decided to break it.

“Hey, Taeng!”

She nudged Taeyeon gently.

Taeyeon didn’t look up and just kept her gaze on the thick book she had on her hold. “What is it again?”

“Let’s go to a club!” Yuri’s excited voice came ringing to the other two.

“Unnie, we still have classes tomorrow. It’s only Thursday.” Their maknae said while munching on her snack in hand.

Taeyeon closed her book and stopped walking, resulting for YoonYul to stop too. “And besides, I still have a session with Tiffany tonight... and tomorrow night. Don’t you? I mean, don’t you have anything else to do? Exams are already next week.”

“Oh right!” Yoona flicked her own forehead. She totally forgot she has a tutorial lesson slash date with her girlfriend tomorrow. “Seohyun and I have something to do tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow? So, it means we can still push the idea tonight?” Yuri still wanted to push through the idea.

Yoona had a pout on her lips.

“I’m sorry unnie... Seohyun and I are going out tonight.”

Seeing the disappointed look on the tanned girl’s face, the doe-eyed girl hugged her unnie, the same time Taeyeon did.

Group hug is what you collectively call it.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Kwon!”

The three best friend’s convulsed upon hearing the familiar cold toned voice from afar. They slowly turned around in unison.

Yuri smiled nervously. “Hey, Sica~”

“Come with me N.O.W” Jessica commanded as she passed by them.

Oblivious to Yuri, both Yoona and Taeyeon had a smirk plastered on their faces.

“Ooh... someone wants something tonight.” Taeyeon nudged the tanned girl on the waist in a teasing manner, and wriggled her eyebrows.

“She’s the perfect girl to take on a club, unnie. Go for it.” Yoona stifled a laugh as she patted her unnie’s shoulder. “Good luck.” And with that, the latter started walking away from the other two. “See you later, unnies!” she yelled last, not forgetting to wave as she brisk walked towards the university’s gates.

TaeRi waved back.

 

 

 

“So... I’ll go ahead?”

Yuri glared at Taeyeon.

“I’ll take that as a yes. See you at home.” The older girl turned and started walking towards the parking lot’s direction.

The tanned girl groaned and finally took steps to the direction where Yoona and Jessica went earlier.

///

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is it true?”

“What’s true?”

“Oh please, Tiff! I am not stupid!” Jessica said in English.

Tiffany froze on her spot in an instant. She knew that voice. They all do. And it was scaring her like hell right now. “What exactly... are we talking about here?” she carefully asked as she slowly placed down the magazine she was holding on the coffee table.

 

 

 

“Uhh... we’ll go somewhere else? I guess?” Hyoyeon announced, the same time she stood up. She pulled SooSun up with her. “Let’s go guys. No buts.” She muttered to the two.

Sooyoung and Sunny hesitantly complied.

After a little while, they finally heard a clicking sound, signifying that the three had now left the room. But then again, even before Jessica could finally let out her rage, they heard the door open again, and footsteps came after.

 

 

 

 

 

“You too.” It was Hyoyeon.

“What?” Seohyun struggled to stand up. “Unnie~” the latter whined in her RARE aegyo voice.

“That’s not working on me.” Hyoyeon dragged the younger girl out of the room.

 

 

 

As soon as the two were finally out, and there were completely NO ONE else inside the room, JeTi were now having their staring contest.

Jessica with her infamous icy glare, and Tiffany with her round questioning puppy-like eyes.

“Jessi---“

“So tell me...”

They were now conversing with each other using their mother tongue.

“I-I can explain...”

Jessica crossed her arms by her chest. “Do you like her?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Present Time

“Miyoung...”

Tiffany turned her torso around, so she was now lying flatly on her back. She stared blankly at the ceiling. She felt drained. She felt like she was gonna die anytime soon even though it’s completely impossible. Because first, she and Sunny aren’t that good yet. Second, they still haven’t had a single hint where in the ’s sake Taeyeon is. And third...

“Miyoung, it’s assessment day. We don’t wanna be late on picking up our classes, do we?” (Note: Assessment is a procedure of universities here in my country whereas before a semester starts we have to go to school to pick which classes/subjects are we going to take. Just so everyone knows :) And if this explanation isn't clear, you are free to ask me anytime :) Now, back to the story.)

Tiffany responded with a groan. “I don’t wanna go to school this semester.” She pulled the duvet up to her head. “We’ve been doing this sh*t for decades, and it’s tiring!”

Jessica massaged her own temples. Why does she have two stubborn sisters again? “But we’re already seniors! Do you want people to get suspicious?” she still insisted. Yes. They were doing this for like a hundred years already, and it didn’t have a point.

It doesn’t have a point. It NEVER did have any.

“Why do we have to go to school anyways?” Tiffany pulled down the duvet just low enough for her face to be seen. “I mean, it’s not like people are gonna suspect.”

“God damn it, you’re right!” Jessica threw her arms in the air in frustration. She didn’t know why they kept on going like this for decades either. It’s like... it became a habit going to school. “But you know we can’t bail now.” the brunette knew that they were already in their senior year and they needed to finish the school year without troubles. She couldn’t risk it. “Come on. I promise, this’ll be the last time we’ll be going to school.” She raised her palm up as a sign of promise.

“Really?” Tiffany looked up at her sister, who in return, smiled sweetly at her.

“Promise.” The eldest of the two finally stood up. “Now, get dressed.” She patted her sister’s left leg before turning her torso around to leave.

 

 

 

“Jessi.”

 

 

 

Jessica halted her steps and faced her sister. “Yeah?”

Tiffany sat up. She started fiddling with her fingers. “Is there...” now her heart started pounding like crazy. “... any news about...” she tried her best to look at Jessica in the eye without trembling. “... T---“

“Taeyeon?”

The younger girl bit her lower lip and nodded slowly.

There was a faint sigh that came after.

Jessica shook her head.

The two sisters just stared at each other for a few moments, until Jessica spoke again.

“Her parents wanted to meet us later.”

By hearing the word ‘parents’, Tiffany’s trembling became severe. It had the word ‘trouble’ written all over it, and she knew that. She haven’t met Taeyeon’s parents in person... yet. Well... all of them still haven’t, and it's getting her chills all over her body even though she normally had a very cold body temperature.

Tiffany felt a soft hand on her shoulder. She got startled.

“Yah! Don’t worry too much. It’s not like they’re going to kill us.” ‘Yet.’ Jessica thought. She too was nervous about meeting the girl’s parents, but she couldn’t risk letting her sisters know. She had to be strong and unshaken for them. “Babo.” She chuckled, and knocked her sister’s head afterwards. “Come on, Miyoung.” She offered a hand.

The eye-smiling girl heaved a deep sigh before complying.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry. If something goes wrong, then... I won’t let anything bad happen to you. Always remember that.” Jessica pulled Tiffany for a loving embrace, to which the former reciprocated.

 

 

 

 

 

‘This is gonna be a long day...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

KIM’s RESIDENCE
Moments Earlier

 

 

 

“And just when are you planning to tell us this?!” Mr. Kim had his arms crossed by his chest while he stood in front of the three figures, who had their heads hung low. “My daughter had been missing for nearly three months, and you just told us when?! The night before yesterday!! I trusted the three of you!!” the man’s veins are starting to show up on his neck.

“Honey, take it easy, they’re just kids.” Mrs. Kim tried to calm her husband. She was mad at Yoona, Yuri and Luhan for not telling them about Taeyeon, yes, but she would always talk it out calmly.

“Take it easy?! Taeyeon’s missing, for heaven’s sake!!” Mr. Kim shoved away his wife’s grip from his arm harshly.

Mrs. Kim, Yoona, Yuri, and Luhan were all taken aback at the action. They never saw the man like that, like a mad lion.

This only added more tension inside the room.

 

 

 

 

 

“GOD DAMMIT!! KIM TAE HWAN!! CALM DOWN!!”

Now it was Mr. Kim’s turn to be taken aback at the sudden outburst.

“You’re not the only one who’s in deep stress here!! So calm the ing down!!”

“S-Sorry, d-dear. Okay, I’ll calm down.” Mr. Kim tried to soothe his wife.

On the other hand, the three other people who witnessed the situation, tried the best to stifle their laughs. It was really amusing to see Mr. and Mrs. Kim in this situation.

Just moments earlier, Mr. Kim was like a fuming dragon, and now, he was like a puppy pleading for a treat.

 

 

 

They all fell silent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Didn’t you say you had friends who also knew this?” Mr. Kim spoke again after a while of their silence. This time, he talked with his soft, calm voice.

The three figures sitting at the couch looked at each other.

“Hey!”

“Y-Yes, uncle.” Yuri stammered.

Mrs. Kim hit her husband in the head. Her husband was getting at it again.

“Ow~! Sorry!” he successfully ducked at the last hit. He turned to the three again. “So... where are these people? I want to meet them.”

Both Yoona and Yuri widened their eyes.

“What??”

They blurted out in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here comes trouble...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... served on a silver platter.

///

THANKS for Commenting, Subscribing, and Upvoting! ^^ Spread the LOVE, guys~~

See ya'll again soon XDD

Til mah next update~ Thank you for always waiting for me <3