Drifting Apart

The Unwanted

Here's the Second update!

///

JUNG’s RESIDENCE
Operating Room

“How is she?”

“It gone well.” In Guk answered truthfully. “She’ll be waking up soon.”

Jessica heaved a sigh while staring at the tanned girl lying on the steel operating bed.

“I’ll be going first.” In Guk took off his coat, and leaved the room.

Hyoyeon went beside her friend. “Hey.” She nudged the brunette. “Are you ready?”

Jessica turned to the younger. “Ready? For what?” the latter flatly asked.

“You know...” the blonde girl rubbed her nape. “She saw everything last night. And... when she wakes up, she might---“

“Be afraid?” the brunette continued what her friend has to say.

Hyoyeon nodded.

Jessica smiled bitterly. “Why wouldn’t I be ready?”

The two shared glances for a minute, until they heard shifting noise coming from the bed in front of them.

 

 

 

Yuri was finally awake.

Both Hyoyeon and Jessica backed off a little. They just stared at Yuri, who’s still getting into herself.

The tanned girl’s visions started to get clear.

///

Yuri’s POV

 

Ugh...

 

 

Where am I?

 

 

This isn’t my room...

 

 

And why does my back feel cold?

 

 

And why does my head ache?

 

 

Wait...

 

 

I remember...

 

 

Something happened...

 

 

Last night...

 

 

 

 

 

I widened my eyes, and struggled myself to get up. I saw two silhouettes rush to my left, and right side. My head started to hurt again. I grasped it.

 

 

 

“Yuri, are you okay?”

 

 

 

That voice.

I don’t know if I should feel safe, or threatened, or... afraid.

Jessica held my left hand, pulling it away from my head.

 

 

 

I didn’t know what I thought of... but I pulled my hand back. Then, I looked at her. The look of hurt is all I see in her face when I pulled back.

“Yuri, I can explain.” Jessica tried to reach for my hand again, but I pry her hand away.

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t touch me.”

I coldly blurted out.

Damn.

This is not me. I feel like crying now.

 

 

 

“Yul, at least let us explain what happened.” Now I heard Hyoyeon spoke.

Even before they could reach out to me, and trap me, I quickly get off from the bed I was lying on earlier, and stood right in front of it.

I looked at them.

“Yuri, you still need to rest. It hasn’t been hours yet since the operation.” Hyoyeon was looking at me...

But Jessica... isn’t. She had her head lowered.

 

 

“I’m going home.”

This time, Jessica finally looked up at me. “At least let me explain, please?” she softly said.

I’m shivering inside. I don’t know what do. I just want to get out of here... now... there’s still so many things running through my mind right now, and I know any minute... I’m gonna explode.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you?” I heard my own voice crack.

Good job, Kwon Yuri. Now, you’re only making them think you’re afraid.

As desperate as I am to get out, I didn’t wait for their answer, and just ran off. I didn’t look back either... I just kept on running to where my feet takes me.

///

Author’s POV

KIM’s RESIDENCE

“Unnie, would you stop pacing back and forth already? It’s getting me dizzy.” The doe-eyed girl, rested her back on the couch.

Taeyeon was biting her nails, while continuously pacing back and forth. She couldn’t stop thinking about her friend’s whereabouts. “It’s already one o’clock in the afternoon, where’s Yuri?”

Yoona sighed. “Unnie, what are you so worried about? I told you, she’s at the Jungs’ place.”

“That’s why I’m worried!” the older girl suddenly bursted.

Yoona jumped a little. “Eh? I don’t get you.” She furrowed her eyebrows.

Taeyeon finally stood still on her place. “You won’t get it even if I---“

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BLAG.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri!”

“Unnie!”

Yoona and Taeyeon said in unison.

The tanned girl just stood by the door, unmoved.

Sensing something wrong, the two girls at the living room, immediately rushed to their friend’s side.

“Yah! Speak! What happened? Are you okay?” the eldest quickly checked the younger’s neck, collarbone, jawline and wrist, checking for unordinary bruises, scars, or bites.

Yoona felt weird at her friend’s actions. She lightly hit Taeyeon’s shoulder. “Unnie! Stop that!”

Taeyeon glared at her dongsaeng.

Then, right there, at that moment, Yuri collapsed on her knees.

“Unnie!”

The two other girls lowered themselves by the tanned girl’s level.

“Yul, speak up.” Taeyeon lightly shook Yuri by the shoulder.

Yuri couldn’t take it anymore, and just let out all the tears she was holding earlier. Her tears continuously streaming down her face, as she slowly shakes her head.

 

 

“Tell me... that this is just a nightmare... please...”

The tanned girl murmured, choking on her own tears.

“Unnie...” Yoona couldn’t say anything at her friend’s current state. She just hugged the older girl.

“Wake me up! Wake me up!” Yuri screamed.

“Sshh...” Taeyeon slowly rubbed the tanned girl’s back, trying to at least soothe her.

 

 

“Taeng... wake me up...” Yuri’s voice cracked.

The older girl shook her head. “I’m so sorry, Yul...”

Yuri continued to cry a river.

///

JUNG’s RESIDENCE

“Sica, snap out of it! Sica! Sna---“

 

 

 

 

 

*sounds of shattered glass*

 

 

 

 

 

“Aish! Jessica Jung!” Hyoyeon yelled at the top of her lungs. “Stop it! NOW!” she grabbed the brunette’s arm.

Jessica kicked Hyoyeon, which caused the blonde to land on the coffee table with a loud shatter sound.

“Hyoyeon!”

Tiffany rushed to her sister’s side, and wrapped her arms around the latter tightly, preventing her from attacking much further. “Jess, stop it.”

While on the other side, Sunny helped Hyoyeon stand on her feet.

“You okay?” Sunny asked.

Hyoyeon brushed off the remaining shattered glass stuck on her clothes.

 

 

 

“Tiff, let go of me.” Jessica gritted her teeth. Her head lowered.

The younger girl didn’t budged. “No. Not until you calm down, sis.”

The brunette growled, and successfully pushed her sister aside.

“Fany!”

Sooyoung, who had just came down from the stairs, caught Tiffany just in time. She took a few steps back because of the impact. “Gotcha.” The latter grinned.

Tiffany released herself from the taller girl. “Thanks.”

 

 

 

 

 

“AAHHHH!!!!” Jessica was about to throw the glass table behind her, but someone caught her just in time.

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, enough of this sh*t already.” Seohyun said as calmly as possible. “You’re way too emotional now. Let’s talk about this.”

The eldest tried to remove the pair of arms that’s currently wrapped around her. “Let go of me, Joohyun, or you’re gonna get hurt!”

Seohyun stayed in her position, not giving a damn. “You can’t do that. I’m stronger than you.” She smirked at her sister.

“Let go!”

Seohyun still insisted on holding onto her sister.

 

 

 

 

“Seohyun...” the brunette finally started to calm down. Her head still lowered.

Everyone in the room, who witnessed the whole scene, sighed in relief.

“God! If I only remembered that you were the only one who could calm this ice princess... then, I should’ve called you earlier even before she threw me.” Hyoyeon  settled herself on the couch.

“Yeah, Hyoyeon, you should have.” Sunny settled beside her friend.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sensing that her sister’s really did calmed down, Seohyun slowly let go.

“Unnie... mind telling us now?”

“Jess, let’s talk about it.”

The addressed girl finally looked up at her sisters with tears uncontrollably streaming down her face.

The two sisters were a bit taken aback at their elder sister’s state. Even Sooyoung who watched from behind was a bit stunned.

Putting aside Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s death a long time ago, this was the first time, after a while, did they witness Jessica in such a state. Because since their parents died, the said brunette, along with her sisters, NEVER cries in front on anybody... not even in front of their three guardians.

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany, pulled her sister into a hug.

Jessica didn’t returned the hug, but sobbed more instead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri hates me now..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even Jessica, herself, didn't know why... but she's hurt... she's so wounded right now...

///

Well... since I'm in a hurry now, I'll just THANK my SUBS first (Loyal and New ones xD) And for the always encouraging COMMENTS!! THANK YOU SO MUCH~~ <3

LOVE YOU ALL!! <3

And... feel free to tell me your suggestions though xD If you find anything odd or awkward, just tell me, I don't bite :))

HAHAHA xDD

Til mah next update, guys! :DD