Gone Girl

The Unwanted

NOTE: So hey, I'm back, gheis! XD I'm getting back to school tomorrow so I decided to finish this up and update (because I might be in a hiatus again in a couple of days... sorry >.<)

I hope you guys like this chappie! :D

---

Tiffany’s POV

I don’t know where to begin. I don’t know what I should say; what I should do. I don’t know what to believe. Everything’s happening so fast---rapidly fast, that I couldn’t even comprehend when it even began, and why am I even here. Everything’s going too fast, like it’s going to be the only thing I wouldn’t be able to grasp in the palm of my hand. And suddenly... suddenly I’m afraid; that if I don’t stand up and do something, I’d probably lose someone I love again. And I’ve had enough. I just got Taeyeon back. Sunny was on the brink of death, I barely had time to save her. And Sooyeon had just come back---my other sister who did nothing but to protect me and Juhyun for all of her life. And Sooyoung... Hyoyeon... Yuri... Yoona... all these people that means so much to me now, are the ones I can’t risk to lose again.

Mom and dad’s funeral was enough, and I’m nowhere planning another for the ones I hold dearly. No. Not anymore.

 

 

 

“Fany-ah.”

“Hey... can I come in?”

“Of course.”

 

 

 

That day I saw Boa unnie back at the warehouse, was the exact, same day that I saw Taeyeon. I was desperate that time to get her back, that I was willing to fight heaven and hell just to get her back. Because she’s the very first human being I have ever loved in my whole one-hundred twenty-seven years of existence. She made my unbeating heart beat for her, like a Goddess she is. Taeyeon’s existence made me feel safe, made me feel wanted. That maybe I wasn’t damned after all. That creatures like us could actually be loved by creatures like them---the humans. And that made me love her more.

But all of a sudden... everything changed. It all changed when that van incident happened.

Maybe Jessica was right. Maybe I shouldn’t have done that, then maybe... we wouldn’t be stuck in this situation, and she wouldn’t have known who I was; what I was. Then, she wouldn’t have been afraid of me, and ran away. But I couldn’t help it. She could have died that day, and other people who were in my position would have done anything just to save the ones they love, even if they would have to risk their own lives.

I loved Taeyeon like that. And I still do.

 

 

 

“Can I get you anything?”

“No. I’ll be alright. Thanks.”

“What brings you here?”

 

 

 

What had happened at the secret room earlier kept creeping into my mind. I believe what Yoona and my sister had said, but at the same time, I don’t. Because Taeyeon’s involved, and I have had enough of secrets from her already. Sometimes I feel like I don't know her anymore. Like she isn't the same Taeyeon I had known. Like... ever since she came back, she was a totally different person.

I tried to ignore it. I kept on telling myself that I'm overthinking and complicating things. That that person is the same Kim Taeyeon who transeferred from Goryeo High; the person I was inlove with. But everytime I do, the past events that had occur kept replaying in my head. The missing cases, the writings on the wall, the knives, Boa unnie, the amount of blood that had been lost; EVERYTHING, it all keeps coming back haunting me...

And it's telling me to wake up and do something.

 

 

 

"You suddenly went home. Why? Is there something... wrong?"

Taeyeon looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes, and smiled---her chin dimple showing, and I couldn't resist the urge to smile in return.

"Nothing. I just... I wasn't feeling well." Liar. As weird as it sounds (well... everything's been too weird lately) I can sense if someone's telling a lie. I can see it through their eyes (though, I'm nowhere close from Juhyun's telepathic powers) and I can see through Taeyeon's soul that she's lying. I breathed in a great amount of air as I prepare myself on the possibility of the situation getting worse after I say these words "Don't lie to me."

Taeyeon dropped the smile that she was wearing earlier, before those words came out from my mouth, and took a step closer towards me. I never thought of sitting down on her leather sofa even though she offered. Because I've got so many things to say, so many questions to ask, and sitting down won't help. So I stood just a few steps away from the door.

Taeyeon reached out to hold my hand. "I'm not lying to you." She looked at me in the eye once again after she said those words. 'Why are you doing this to me?' I wanna ask her so badly, but I knew better. "Why did you leave?" I rephrased my question, to which she just laughed off. "Come here." She whispered softly, and pulled me into an embrace. She's still so warm, like she always have been; while I'm ice cold, but she never said anything. Her warmth felt different, though, like it was in another level. Like she has a fire burning up inside of her and doesn't want to put it out.

"I'm not lying. I'm REALLY not feeling that well."

"I wasn't talking about that."

Yeah. I wasn't. The first question was, but the rephrased one is me asking about that night when she ran away, when she seemed to hate the world. When she started drifting away from me. Though, I knew she ran away because she couldn't accept who she was; what she really was. She ran away not knowing what to do... how to deal with it.

She didn't want to be a monster, that's why she did that. But I know there's something more.

"Listen..."

What I like about Taeyeon the most is her voice. That soft tone she uses at me that's like cotton candy that melts into my ear whenever she speaks. And her angelic voice that sends me to heaven whenever she sings. I have only heard her sang once, and that was before she started avoiding me.

"I know it's been a roller-coaster ride for all of us, and I know all of it aren't easy to forget. But I want you to trust me. I want you to believe me. I want your forgiveness for all of the things that I did to you and to everyone else. I want you to love me more than you ever did."

Taeyeon's lips are like ecstasy when we kiss. It's so addicting, that I don't know if I would ever get myself to stop. And all my worries and doubts seemed to disappear just for a while. It hasn't been too long when Taeyeon asked me to be hers, and initiated our first kiss. I don't think I would be able to forget that day, because that was the day that felt like I was on cloud nine. That was one of the most happiest days of my immortal life, because the person I love was finally loving me back.

"Tae..."

"I love you."

A single tear prickled down my cheek when Taeyeon said those words. I was happy again. For once, I was satisfied with my life. I don't care whether our love's forbidden in other immortals' eyes or not. Because I love this werewolf, and she loves me, and I'm not planning on letting go.

But at the same time, I'm hurt. Because I finally realized that this person in front of me, kissing me, isn't the same person who used to annoy me for no reason but I eventually fell for. There was something else.

 

 

 

"Taeyeon, wake up. I know you're in there. Wake up."

This is the second time I've cried for a mortal; the second time I was scarred by a human. I don't know why at times I still address her as 'human' even though that wasn't the right answer anymore. Taeyeon isn't human anymore... but she isn't a monster either.

"Taeyeon... please..."

The last time I've seen Taeyeon shed tears was when she started telling me stories---stories about her family. About how she used to be the youngest in their family before her eldest sister's death when she was twelve. Taeyeon loved her sister dearly, Seohyun could tell by what's inside her mind that time. And I saw myself in her. I don't know what I would do if anything happens to Jessica and Seohyun.

"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm sorry."

It's not too late. I know it isn't too late for me to do something. Everything can still be fixed. Nothing's ever too late unless something's done about it. I'm willing to die for Taeyeon if that's the only way to bring her soul back. I'd die for her just to let her live. She kept on hurting me, but that's okay. Because I love her, and she loves me, and that's enough for me.

"Let me save you."

"You can't save me. It's too late."

I wish I didn't have to let Taeyeon walk away from me, just like when Jessica didn't let Yuri get that far from her. Then at least, it wouldn't be this hard on taking Taeyeon back home. All of this wouldn't happen if I never have gotten scared---scared that if I push myself towards her too much, I might never see her again, to which eventually happened because I'm nothing but a careless vampire.

It only took a matter of seconds when Taeyeon's fangs slithered out their sockets, and her then brown eyes turn into a black one. Her eyes were as black as the night, and I was having a hard time recognizing her. I can feel my own fangs come out too, as I expected for the worst.

"Taetae, don't do this. It's not you. You have to wake up."

The last thing I'd want in this lifetime is to fight the person I love. Taeyeon means the world to me, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I ever hurt her. She can hurt me, she can kill me, but I won't retaliate. I love her too much to do that.

"I'm already awake."

 

 

 

I felt Taeyeon's sharp claws on my shoulders, and I hear her growl, and I feel her breath. "I love you too." Is what I said to her last before I braced myself from everything that's about to happen. She growled again from deep within , and my back was suddenly against the wall.

Taeyeon's name described her well---calm. That was what I saw in her eyes when she first looked at me. She was so pure, so... human. But now all of that has changed... all I can see is darkness.

At times like this, I was always thankful that Sunny was always there when I needed her the most. Apart from my sisters (and apparently, their guardians) who also protects me, Sunny was always there. Sunny protects me the most. And she was doing it right now. Though, I barely realized the fact that she had followed me all the way here.

"The one thing I won't ever allow for you to do... is to hurt Tiffany again."

I barely had any time to process what was happening. All I saw was just Taeyeon lying on the floor, groaning, and Sunny shielding me with her body. The three of us were breathing hard and it's all what I'm hearing now. I gripped Sunny's arm tightly as Taeyeon started getting up, because I know what would happen next the moment Sunny lunges forward.

If I was willing to die for Taeyeon, then... Sunny was willing to die for me.

"Tiffany, get out of here."

"No! I won't let you two kill each other!"

I went in front of Sunny, and stood in between the two of them. No. I'm not going to lose Taeyeon and Sunny for the second time. If someone's bound to die here at this time, it's me. This is all my fault, so I should take the bullet; not Taeyeon, nor Sunny, but ME.

"Sunny, don't do this."

"I have to protect you."

Numerous times I've seen Sunny in her weak state. Numerous times my heart broke because of the tone of her voice, and because of her weary eyes. I always hated it when Sunny cries, especially when I know I'm the reason of her tears. She fell because of me, and I feel guilty for it. But at the same time, I'm grateful. Because she's the first being who taught me how to love.

Sunny holds a place in my heart no matter what happens; no matter how much I love Taeyeon, Sunny will always be special to me.

"Go back and tell the others."

It was the first time I've seen Taeyeon change. She growled like a mountain lion, and she had no trace of being human anymore. Her milky-white skin was now covered with a golden-brown fur mixed with tinges of black. She reminded me of Jacob Black's werewolf form in 'The Twilight Saga'. They looked exactly the same. Although, the only difference was their eyes---Jacob's were golden-brown, and Taeyeon's were complete black. Like a killer; a monster.

"Don't worry, I won't kill your lover."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Author's POV
JUNG's Mansion - Present Day

Six figures stood by the mansion's entryway as they watched their maknae put all her luggages inside a van (of course with some help from the only guy in the family---In Guk) It was today. Seohyun's departure for Winchester was today. And only God knows how many times Yoona, Jessica, Sooyoung, and Tiffany tried to postpone this day, but eventually failed to do so. Because in the end, Seohyun is Seohyun. She's the type of person who, once she makes up her mind about something, she'll never think about it again; she never retreats.

"So... anyone wanna give me a goodbye hug?"

At first, they couldn't understand as to why Seohyun didn't want the rest of them to take her at the airport, to wait until she gets on the plane. But as time passed, they slowly got the message that Seohyun isn't really fond of goodbyes, and that she worries that it might be much harder to bid goodbye at the aiport than here.

"Guys, my arms are getting tired."

"You don't really want us to take you to the airport?" Tiffany insisted, almost whining. Though, she knew now why her younger sister didn't want them to take her, she still wanted to go. Because she's family, and she only wanted to assure that Seohyun was safe. And she knew Jessica was feeling the same way.

"Come on, what am I? A six year old? And besides, oppa's taking me. Don't you trust him?" Seohyun reasoned, which was evidently true. Because instead of Kyle (their family driver who's also a vampire) In Guk volunteered to take the latter instead (although, it took a little while before Seohyun finally agreed) "Yeah, don't you trust me?" "Well, it's not that we don't trust you, it's just that... this is the first time Seohyun's the one traveling to meet the other vampires." Jessica stated. Ever since their parents died, it's either her or Tiffany or In Guk who goes abroad for meetings, dinner, and the likes. They never let Seohyun go. They had NEVER let Seohyun travel for those. Well... only this once.

"Unnies, I'm not going to get in trouble, or die. How many times have I told you that?"

"Ugh! Stop rambling and come here..."

Sooyoung was the first one who complied with the goodbye hug. It wasn't because Seohyun was starting a senseless argument with her sisters again, but because she wanted to hug the latter ever since she told everyone she was leaving. She couldn't do it these past few days because Juhyun was always with Yoona. She was anxious that if she hugged Seohyun with Yoona around, Seohyun would end up scolding her, or worse, get mad at her again.

"I'm going to miss you."

Seohyun smiled.

"Me too."

It's been too long since the last time she and Sooyoung hugged like this---like they didn't want to let go; that if they ever did, they'd die. Seohyun admits to herself everytime that she misses being this close to her guardian. She misses hugging her like this, she misses holding her hand, she misses kissing her cheeks; everything. Not that she didn't like what her girlfriend's doing to her, but... someone's gotta miss their best friends at some point, right?

"We'll miss you, Hyunnie." Sunny and Hyoyeon soon joined in. Seohyun was like a sister to the both of them ever since they've live together, so apparently, they’d miss her too. Even Yuri, who weren’t even that close (yet) to the latter, didn’t want to see her leave.

“I’ll be back soon.”

“Take care, future sister-in-law.” Yuri joked as it was finally her turn to give Seohyun a goodbye hug. The other girls laughed at the remark. Though, deep inside, Yuri greatly wishes for that to come true. Seohyun smiled and patted the tanned girl’s back. Yuri was a great person, just like Yoona. And so it wasn’t that hard for them to get along and gain trust from each other. Taeyeon was a great person too. Well... before she changed and everything seemed to crumble down into pieces, trust included.

“Hey...” Seohyun called out to the girl in front of her as she pulled away from the embrace---partly because Jessica was already sending her daggers, and the other half is because time is ticking, and if she doesn’t hurry up, she’ll be late for her flight. “... take care of my sister, okay?” She continued with her perfect wink. Yuri smiled shyly as she rubbed the back of her neck. It was ironic. She was a human. She’s the one who obviously needs to be taken care of. “Yeah. Sure. Even though, I have no great knowledge about protecting vampires who’re supposed to protect me because they don’t die anyways, and I do, so...”

“Yah!”

Everything that had happened were a blur, that they lost track of time and forgot when was the last time they all laughed like they did today. It was always a great feeling to laugh things off once in a while; to temporarily forget the future and just care about the present. To enjoy what you have now.

Jessica and Tiffany hugged their sister last. Well, it was more than ‘crushing-your-sister’ into pieces rather than ‘human’ hugging. “You wouldn’t miss me that much, would you?” Seohyun said in a sarcastic manner as she let her two eldest siblings embrace her like there’s no tomorrow.

“No. We’re actually glad you were leaving.”

The last time the three of them hugged like this was when their parents died, and Seohyun left and went missing for a couple of days that In Guk, Jessica, and Tiffany almost searched the whole of the US just to find her. They eventually found her, in a lighthouse in LA harbor---on the top floor, curled up on the corner, and was crying endlessly. She was so helpless that day. And Seohyun wouldn’t forget, because it was one of the reasons why she is what she is today.

The moment Seohyun pulls away from her sisters and glares at them, was the time laughter once again emerged from the rest of the group. “But seriously, of course we’ll miss you. Who wouldn’t?” One of the things Seohyun hates the most is the kisses she gets from her beloved siblings. She never hated it before, when she was younger, but as she got older, it felt weird. “How many times have I told you guys to stop kissing me?!”

The two older Jung’s just laughed and high-fived each other in success on teasing their maknae as a farewell gift.

"Yuri..." Seohyun called out suddenly. And the addressed girl looked at her, anticipating her next words.

"Say goodbye to Yoona for me."

What makes it even more hard for Seohyun to leave, is because of Yoona---her girlfriend's absence in this current situation. The doe-eyed girl didn't even bothered telling her in person that she didn't wanna see her leave; Yuri had to struggle telling her without stuttering. Seohyun was beyond disappointed that the person she loves didn't even want to say goodbye. She even wondered what suddenly went wrong, when they were both okay with each other last night.

But maybe Yoona isn't fond of goodbyes either; just like her.

"You can count on it."

With one last group hug and some "Call us when you get there" stuff, In Guk leads his sister onto the van, waves goodbye, and slowly sped off. It was a little bit long way drive to get to their main gate (well, it's one hell of a mansion after all so...) so In Guk keeps the slow pace of the car just in case Seohyun might've forgotten something and decides to go back. Because even though Juhyun was arguably intelligent, she might get forgetful sometimes.

"You'll be okay." In Guk reassured his sister with a light squeeze on the hand. In Guk wasn't even family by blood, but Seohyun's thankful that they had him---their knight in shining armor slash brother slash father (and sometimes, even mother) who's always there when there's no one left to run to.

At times like this, Seohyun just smiles gratefully, but says nothing. Being good with words was one of the things Seohyun lacks in some ways. So she just stayed quiet as they drew nearer and nearer towards the mansion’s main gate. Both were preoccupied with different thoughts that they... well... eventually hit something---or rather, someone in the process.

It was a good thing they wore seatbelts, or else, they both would've been lying on the cemented roadway by now.

"Yoona?" The siblings exclaimed in unison. Seohyun and In Guk looked at each other in horror for a split-second, before unbuckling their seatbelts, and eventually get off from the car.

At first, Seohyun was leaping and jumping inside because the person she wanted to see the most before she go, is finally here. But on the other side, she was horrified and worried because her brother had just hit her girlfriend, who was now lying on the floor, groaning in pain.

"Are you that mad at me?"

Instead of answering, Seohyun just rushed to her girlfriend's side and hugged the latter. Sometimes, Yoona just fails at being sweet and all, but that just gets Seohyun all giddy more than ever.

"I'm really sorry about that, Yoona. It's just that... why were you rushing in your bike?"

"I was trying to catch you two."

Yoona got up on her feet (with the help from her girlfriend and In Guk) and eventually told the two about how she suddenly changed her mind and drove her car on the way to the mansion but got stuck into a massive traffic and ended up borrowing some stranger's bicycle to catch Seohyun before she leaves for the airport because she'd die not seeing her girlfriend for one last time before the latter's one month hiatus.

It only took seconds for Seohyun to squeal and pull her love into a tight embrace, not caring whether she might actually crush Yoona's bones into pieces. The doe-eyed girl was definitely startled at first that she felt like she was suffocating, but as Seohyun softened her grip, Yoona eventually adjusted to the power hug.

Yoona wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's slim waist, and buried her face onto the vampire's neck.

"I thought you weren't coming to see me."

Yoona chuckled, to which brought out a sly giggle from Seohyun (well, probably because Yoona's hot breath was brushing on her skin as she spoke) "Well, I changed my mind."

Because of the loud noise earlier, the people from inside the mansion quickly rushed outside just in time to see In Guk, Seohyun, and Yoona---who obviously was lying on the floor. They were about to approach the three but stopped when Yoona finally stood up, and the next scene was the hugging.

So apparently, Jessica and the gang had witnessed the whole scenario, and couldn't help but squeal silently. Well, except for one person, though---Sooyoung, who decided that her Chuck Taylor sneakers were more interesting to look at than YoonHyun.

The two love birds eventually realized the others' presence, and reluctantly pulled away from each other.

"Oh, don't mind us. Just continue what you were doing." Jessica teased, to which earned laughter from the rest of them. Seohyun just shook her head in disbelief. This is how playful her sisters can be.

Yoona breathed in an amount of air before speaking again. "So... I really can't make you stay now, can I?" Seohyun just smiled. "No." Was her simple answer. The doe-eyed girl suddenly rummaged through her pockets, and later brought out a silver bracelet. "Then, I want you to take this," Yoona was putting the accessory around her girlfriend's wrist as she continue speaking. "So that you will always remember me and won't ever think of cheating on me."

"Do you really think I would do that?"

Yoona grinned and placed a soft kiss on Seohyun's forehead instead.

"You know, my mom gave me that bracelet when I was eleven; when my dad died. She gave me that so I can be strong, and fearless. And I became what she wanted me to, even on the day of her funeral. One day, before she died, she asked me... to give that bracelet to the person that I will come to love someday, so that she could watch over us, and that that person and I would have eternal love."

Yoona took Seohyun's hand in hers and continued, "I'm not sure if we would have eternity, unless you make me a vampire, but I'm sure enough that as long as I live, I will love you and only you, Seo Juhyun."

Seohyun had never encountered such a beautiful creature like Yoona in her one-hundred twenty-four years of living in this barren place. She was beyond grateful, and happy and just everything positive that God had brought Yoona into her life. Because even though she was a devil in others' eyes, she could still be loved; that there was still someone out there who would accept her and love her for who and what she was despite all the odds. And that was Yoona---a blessing sent straight from heaven.

"Don't miss me too much," Seohyun could only smile at her girlfriend's affections. "And don't even dare to look at other girls."

"Even just a glance?" Yoona joked, to which earned a weak punch in her arm. "Just kidding. Come here." Yoona pulled the young vampire into her embrace once again.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Seohyun almost broke down into pieces the moment Yoona's soft lips captured hers in a fervent kiss; for she knows that what she's about to do would solely break the latter's heart, and everyone elses. But she had no choice. This was the only way she knows for this chaos to stop. And it needed to be stopped now. So she decided.

"I'll be back soon."

Yoona pecked Seohyun's lips multiple times, and hugged her one last time before finally letting her go.

Seohyun hugged her sisters and bid goodbye to the rest of the group before getting into the van again. This time, nothing's stopping her from going.

 

 

 

"You alright?" Yuri asked as she pulled her dongsaeng to her side and watched as the van sped off. Yoona slowly shook her head. "No." Was Yoona's immediate response. No. She wasn't alright at all---both physically and emotionally. This was the very first time that Seohyun would be leaving her, and it almost feels like they've broken up.

"You're bleeding." Jessica announced without even taking a glance at Yoona's now-bleeding knee, while the rest looked down at the ripped and reddened spot on Yoona's jeans. She IS indeed bleeding. "Let's get you treated."

The group slowly went back inside the mansion, with Yuri helping the limping Yoona as they walked. Although, Sooyoung remained frozen on her spot; her gaze still on the mansion's steel gate, as if the van that In Guk and Seohyun rode was still there.

"You're not letting Juhyun go alone just like that, are you?"

Sunny's voice disrupted Sooyoung's thoughts. The taller girl just smiled. She knew Sunny knew her too well to know what she was thinking.

"No."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Warehouse

Donghae stood by the warehouse’s roof; letting the sun burn his skin as it sparkle at the same time. Donghae rarely goes out at sunrise, not because he still thinks foolishly that he’d blow up if he did, just like what’s told in stories; but because deep inside of him, he still couldn’t accept the fact that he was an immortal now---he couldn’t die anymore, at least not due to natural or accidental kind of death. Even though it has been five years since he became a vampire, it was still fresh in his mind how he got into this situation; how he had let Boa sink her teeth into the skin of his neck that day, and changed his whole life forever.

It still amuses him somehow how he used to hate these damned creatures to the point that he felt so disgusted with himself for falling in love with one and tried to kill it. ‘She killed my best friend, and my family.’ He says to himself over and over again as a daily reminder that he needed not to trust her again, he needed nothing but revenge. “Yeah... I need to get revenge sooner.”

“Hae.”

Donghae turned to the source of the voice. He smiled as soon as Dara walked towards where he stood. “What are you still doing here? You know, you need to be ready.” Donghae smiled again, and just gave a “Yeah.” As an answer. Honestly, he didn’t feel like talking today, because there’s too many things going on in his mind, that he doesn't even know what to think first.

“I just needed a breather.”

Aside from Boa, Dara was always there for him when he needed somebody to talk to, or when he needed someone to just sit beside him as they watch the sunset together. Because ever since he became a vampire, he felt lost. He didn’t know what to do, how to deal with his thirst for blood, how to try not exposing them all by being reckless. And Dara was there to help him, guide him, protect him---almost like a real sister (or maybe even more) And Donghae didn’t know why, but everytime he and Dara were together, he feels these tiny little things inside of him, and he immediately feels cheerful; happy.

He solely forgets who he was even just for a moment.

“You know, you can tell me anything that’s bothering you.” Dara says as she reaches out and held the other’s hand. Dara’s special ability was to feel someone’s current mood. She feels whether a person’s happy, nervous, sad, angry, envious, and just about everything a certain person feels, and is always dragged by it; like what was happening right now. Dara was certain that Donghae was having mixed emotions, and she could tell which one of it was dominant.

"You're nervous, aren't you?" Dara says, but Donghae doesn't utter a word.

"Do you really have to do this?"

Dara smiles at Donghae's question. "Boa unnie has plans up on her sleeves. Let's trust her. She's our leader after all." Donghae was anxious; he was nervous and angry all at the same time. And Dara could feel it running through her veins as if she was the one having these emotions. She couldn't do nothing but hold the other person's hand as they continued to watch the sun, and feel its heat sinking deep into their skins.

 

 

 

"Do you know anything about Boa's family?" Donghae suddenly asked the person beside him. "No." Was Dara's answer. Ever since that day when he had brought Jessica, Yuri, and Yoona into the warehouse few weeks had past, things were oddly strange. Like their leader Boa's secretive antics for example. And lately, Boa had been isolating herself inside her bedroom, and only goes out when it's time to hunt.

"Why?" Dara's voice came ringing back into Donghae's ears as he was trying to piece together the past events that had occur. "Don't you ever notice something different about... Boa?" The boy added. That's when Dara lets go of Donghae's hand, and watches as people pass through the alley three-stories below them as she thinks about Donghae's question thoroughly. There had been really weird things going on lately on their clan's leader, and Dara knows it very well. She thinks back on the day where she started getting suspicious about a picture frame that she saw Boa holding dearly right when she bursted into the latter's room. Boa was most likely be crying that time, and she reminded herself that she'd find out why.

"I did saw something I never expected on the day you brought one of the Jungs here." If Donghae wanted to know then, she would let him know. He was family anyways so... "What is it?" Donghae eagerly wanted to know. Dara tore her gaze from the people who were walking on the streets below them, and faced the vampire beside her as she continued, "I think she might've been close to the Jungs before." Donghae didn't know if he was hearing false information, or that his hunches might've been absolutely true right from the beginning.

"On that exact same day, Min told me that she saw Boa unnie enter that room that we have kept that b*tch in without any of us knowing. And that fact alone is suspicious." Dara tried to process the expressions that Donghae wore as the former looked at her stoically; not moving, not speaking, not anything. Donghae was more nervous than ever (and a little bit scared), Dara feels it completely, and she was starting to get nervous too. That's the disadvantage of her powers---being able to be dragged by other people's feelings. "And Min also said that... she heard unnie cry inside the room."

That was it. That was the final straw to confirm that Boa might actually have something to do with the Jungs.

"What did you saw?" Donghae asked after a while of silence. Dara didn't answer him though, instead, she just stared down at her unpolished finger nails as if it were a very fascinating thing to look at. Honestly, she hadn’t talked about it to anyone ever since she had found out who was on the picture frame that she saw Boa held that day. She didn’t know exactly how she should feel, how she should react to it---should it be anger or betrayal, or both.

 

 

 

Flashback

Two figures walked side by side on the hallway in careful steps. The rest of the group were having dinner downstairs, and the two of them just sneaked out of it with the excuse of not feeling so well. And even though everyone just gave them gazes that depicts their disbelief, the two of them just shrugged it off and continued with their plan. Or... well... in all actuality, it was only Dara’s plan.

“Why are we doing this?” Sehun asked his adoptive sister as they walked through the hallways and set of doors in quiet steps as if they were burglars intruding a household. At first, Sehun didn’t agreed as he doesn’t know why would Dara wanted to sneak into Boa’s room in secret. They could’ve just told her the truth.

Dara faced her brother as soon as they’ve reached Boa’s room at the end of the hallway. "Because there's something Boa unnie's not telling us, and I want to find out." Sehun's reactions were always blank and lifeless when it comes to these things like nothing's ever interesting for him, and that was happening right now, so Dara had no other choice but smack the sh*t out of him. "Ow!" "Ssh! Be quiet!" Dara threw another slap on Sehun's arm. The older of the two rolled her eyes when the other just glared and cursed silently.

Dara turned back to the door and started unlocking it. On the other hand, Sehun turned around (their backs were against each others now) to look and see if someone's approaching towards their direction. He served as the 'look-out'. "You're not hi-jacking anything from there, are you?" Though, Sehun knows that that could be the case, he still wanted to know why his sister was doing this. Could it be that big for it to be like this? "Just keep quiet, and look out if anyone approaches." Dara says last before she finally lets herself inside of her sister's bedroom.

The last time Dara had been inside of Boa's bedroom was when she was still a new born. That time when Boa kept her inside in the bedroom for a couple of days until she had adjusted to the vampire lifestyle; and ever since then, Boa had never let anyone into her bedroom, unless needed.

Boa’s room was a little smaller than any of theirs, but it was more detailed. It held a modern Mediterranean feel to it. From the hardwood floor, to the white-coated four walls, and even the mahogany built bookshelf just beside the wardrobe. It was like being in ‘The Pirates of the Caribbean’, but at the same time, in modern times Seoul, South Korea. And sometimes Dara feels being lost just by looking at the interior of Boa’s room. She sure has distinct tastes.

“Noona, hurry up.”

Sehun’s voice from the other side of the door brought Dara back to reality and to the real purpose of being here in the first place. Red painted orbs scanned the place for a medium-sized wood frame in a hurried manner.

“Aha!” Dara exclaimed the moment her eyes finally caught sight of what she was looking for. Hands grabbed the material in a massive speed. The smile that Dara held before she got here, immediately turned upside down the moment she saw what---more like who were on the picture frame she held. It wasn’t clearly what she had expected. It was like her eyes were making fun of her and were seeing things; absurd things. No one would ever believe her if she decides to tell her siblings about what she discovered.

Because even she, herself, couldn’t believe it.

“Noona, let’s go!” Cold hands grasps hers, as Dara let Sehun drag her upstairs to where her room was while she still held the frame with her free hand. Would Sehun even believe it if he sees this?

No. Probably not.

 

 

 

End of Flashback

---

NOTE:

First off, Fany still addresses Taeyeon as a human because she still considers the 'Taeyeon being a werewolf' story as a nightmare.

Second, yeah I know you guys probably saw what I'm trying to do here (Donghae+Dara anyone? LOL)

So yeah... that'll be all for now ^^ THANKS to my utmost loyal readers (silent or not), subbies, and upvoters! You cover my heart~ Hahaha thanks for taking time to comment too! It's greatly appreciated x)))

So... I'll see you guys in a couple of days yeah? xD