The Underworld

The Unwanted

[NOTE:

I'm too tired to say my opening notes... LOL

Nonetheless, enjoy~! :D]

///

“I’m sorry about what you saw earlier.” Taeyeon walked towards the kitchen. “What were you doing outside anyways?”

Luhan closed the door behind him before walking to the kitchen. “Uhmm... getting some... fresh air.” He sat at the counter top.

Taeyeon closed the fridge, and raised an eyebrow at her cousin’s answer. “You talked to Seohyun, didn’t you?”

The younger chuckled.

 

 

She knew him too well.

 

 

“What if I did? Would you tell me to stay from her as well?”

The older threw her cousin a fresh apple, to which the former caught flawlessly. “Yes. I most probably would.”

Luhan took a bite from his apple. “Why? I mean, what’s wrong with getting to know her anyways? She seems nice.” He said as a matter of fact.

“Oh, please. You don’t even know her.” Taeyeon sat beside her cousin.

Luhan faced his cousin. “Do you?”

Taeyeon thought for a while. ‘I don’t. But I do know her sister very well. And I do know WHAT they are.’ “Not so well.” She almost whispered.

“See? Even you don’t know her that much. So why should I not talk to her, then?”

The short girl slightly glared at Luhan. “Look. Just do what I ask you, and you won’t get hurt.” She went down from the counter top. “Let’s not talk about her. Mom said you have something to tell me?”

Luhan was about to take his last bite, but suddenly stopped. “Oh... right.” He suddenly got nervous.

///

JUNG’s RESIDENCE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, where have you been?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Where have you been all my la-ah-ah-ah-ah-ife~ Where have you---“

“Hyo, shut it. I’m being serious here.” Jessica glared.

Hyoyeon retreated from the scene, and just went upstairs. “See you later, maknae!”

Seohyun chuckled.

Jessica turned back her attention to her sister. “Well?”

The younger girl smiled sweetly to her sister. She knew her unnie couldn’t resist.

And she was absolutely right.

The older brunette groaned. “Joohyun, don’t give me that smile.” She tried to look away. “I’m just asking you where have you been.”

Seohyun dropped her smile, and pouted this time. “I’ve been to Yoona’s.”

Jessica finally looked back at her sister. “Oh.” Was all the latter could say.

The younger brunette chuckled again. “Unnie, why did you worry too much anyways? It’s not like I can’t handle myself. Pfft!”

“Nothing. It’s just...”

“Just what?”

Jessica sighed. “Tiffany’s in a broken state right now. She already knows.”

“You told her already?” Seohyun’s expression fell into a concerned one.

Their eldest simply shook her head. “Sunny did. She told her right before I came, and I didn’t even know she was going to.”

Without a word, Seohyun started walking towards the mansion's grand staircase.

“Where are you going?”

“If there’s a companion unnie needs right now, it’s us.”

The younger proceeded upstairs.

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun was right, Tiffany needs them the most right now.

///

KIM’s RESIDENCE
Back Yard - Pool Area

“So?”

Luhan fixated his gaze to his feet dipping in the pool. He can’t bear to see his noona’s reactions to every word he’s about to say. “Noona...” he carefully started. “Do you remember those times... when... uncle always takes us outside to see the full moon?”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon chuckled. “We were the happiest when we do. And it’s... kind of weird.” She and chuckled while reminiscing her childhood memories with her closest cousin.

The younger smiled too. He wished he wasn’t the one who’s gonna spill everything now. But what can he do? He only wanted to do a favour.

Taeyeon was slowly turning now. And if there’s any right time to tell her the truth, it was now.

 

 

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Taeyeon asked after she saw his cousin looking sadly at her.

Luhan smiled sweetly, and shook his head. “Nothing. I just wanna see your sweet features.”

Taeyeon playfully pushed his cousin, which caused the younger to stumble a little. “Yah! You can’t fall in love with me! I’m your cousin!”

The young blonde lightly pushed his cousin in vengeance. “No! It’s not that! Aish! Come on, noona! Eewww!” the latter laughed.

The older girl let out her ahjumma laugh. “I’m just teasing you, dork!”

“I learned from the best.” Luhan teased once more.

The two cousins laughed together.

 

 

“So... what is it really? The thing mom and dad wanted to tell me?” Taeyeon looked at her cousin in the eye, waiting for a response.

Luhan sighed. ‘It’s now or never...’ “Noona...” his facial features fell into a serious one. “Please... please don’t hate me. And please don’t hate your parents. They only wanted nothing but the best for you, for you to be able to live a normal life, and to be able to know what it feels like being...” he paused, and turned away from Taeyeon’s gaze. “... human.” He bit his lower lip afterwards.

Taeyeon dropped her smile almost immediately, and furrowed her eyebrows. “What... do you mean? I don’t understand you. What do you mean to live a normal life? I’m living it now. You’re living it now. What---“

“Noona, I’m different. You’re different like I am. We all are. Our race...” the younger was on the verge of tears, but he held it back. “... Our family’s different.”

The older girl was getting confused now. She didn’t know what her cousin was talking about.

 

 

 

 

Or... maybe she did. But she didn’t wanna face the truth.

She stood from her place. Her feet dripping wet. She faced Luhan. “Luhan... we’re not different. We’re living creatures created by the heavens!” the latter raised her voice. Tears started to form from her brown orbs.

This time, Luhan also stood from his place and faced his cousin. “We are! We are living things! But we’re not like the others! We’re not human!” he didn’t want this, shouting at his noona. But he had to make Taeyeon understand what she really is.

Taeyeon began hitting Luhan’s chest repeatedly. She was holding back her tears as well. “NO! I’m a human! You’re human! Mom and dad...“

 

 

 

“Did you ever wonder why they sent you back here, and stayed in Paris?” Taeyeon was still hitting his chest, but he stood still. “Because they didn’t want you to witness what happens to us every full moon.” He clenched his fist, seeing his noona finally letting out the tears she gathered for so long. He wanted to stop, and tell her it was all just a big joke. But he knew this what was Mr. and Mrs. Kim wants, to finally let their daughter know about her real identity.

 

 

 

“Noona... you’re one of us.”

Taeyeon finally stopped hitting Luhan, but she clutched on the fabric of the younger’s jacket instead. “No, Luhan!! You’re lying!! Tell me you’re lying!!” she shouted from the top of her lungs. She didn’t want to believe it.

Luhan slowly shook his head. He felt pity for his cousin. But he knew it was just the first step of accepting the truth. It’ll hurt so bad. “I’m sorry, noona... but what I’m saying is all true. You know I would never lie to you.”

Taeyeon finally let go of Luhan, and slowly crouched down the ground, and cried endlessly.

 

 

 

 

She’s a monster. She is... for God’s sake, she is.

 

 

 

 

 

After some silence, and after her cries had subsided, Taeyeon finally decided to speak.

 

 

 

“If what you’re saying is true...” she looked up at the young boy in front of her. “... then, why haven’t I felt anything? Why haven’t I changed whenever the full moon occurs?”

Luhan heaved another sigh. “It wasn’t the right time.” He paused. He averted his gaze to the dark sky above them. “Next week, on the ninth,  there will be a full moon. You’ll finally, and fully be a werewolf.”

“It’s...

 

 

 

 

my birthday...”

Luhan nodded his head. “You’re turning twenty-one, noona. And... that’s the age when us werewolves... have our abilities passed unto us on full force.” The latter stated honestly.

 

 

 

 

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Taeyeon landed her fist on the ground. She winced after she saw blood trickling from her knuckles.

 

 

“No... No!! I’m not a monster, Luhan!! I’m not like them!! And I never will be!!” she abruptly stood on her feet, and ran away.

 

 

 

“Noona!” the younger wanted to chase after her, but decided not to. He knew his cousin needed some time... a whole lot of time. “This is gonna take a while...” he muttered to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Tae! Yoong! I’m home!” As soon as the tanned girl closed the door behind her, a figure swung it open again, causing its edge to collide with her forehead. “Ah! Yah---“ seeing the figure who opened it, she followed the former outside.

 

 

 

“Tae! Where are you going?”

Yuri yelled her friend’s name multiple times, but the older didn’t seem to hear... or didn’t seem to care either. She huffed in annoyance. “Aish! What’s wrong with her??” giving up, she went back inside the house.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri noona!”

Yuri turned to the voice. “Oh! Luhan-ah!”

The two hugged for a while.

“How have you been? It’s been a while since I last saw you.”

Luhan smiled slightly. “Yeah. Me too. I’m fine. You?” the latter asked in return.

The tanned girl let out a wide smile. “I’m great! It’s been a whole wonderful day for me, actually.” She chuckled, thinking back on what happened between her, and a certain Ice Princess today.

“Good to know, noona.”

“Yeah.” Yuri nodded. “Uh... by the way. What happened with Taeng? Have you guys... you know? Argue?” the latter carefully asked.

The younger rubbed his nape. “Uhmm... it’s a long story. You wouldn’t understand. Sorry.” He smiled apologetically.

Yuri patted Luhan’s head. “Nah, it’s okay. If it’s that personal, I’ll stay out of it.”

“Thanks, noona.”

“No problem. And don’t be shy to ask for assistance, if you wouldn’t be able to handle that ahjumma.”

“Sure.” Luhan smiled again. “I gotta go, noona. See you some other time.”

Yuri nodded in response. “Okay. Call me if anything happens.”

“Okay. Bye, noona~” the younger bid goodbye, in which the tanned girl reciprocated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I wonder what happened.” The tanned girl muttered to herself, as she rubbed her now swollen forehead. “Damn! My head hurts!” she cursed, as she went to the kitchen to grab the ice pack from the freezer.

///

JUNG’s RESIDENCE
Tiffany’s Room

Two figures lay side by side on the twin sized bed. No one haven't uttered a single word ever since they both entered the room.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sunny...” Tiffany decided to break the silence. “I’m sorry...” she said huskily. Her voice almost becoming dry.

Sunny turned to the girl beside her. “Sorry? About what?”

 

 

 

Both of them were wet. Well... except for the fact that Tiffany already had shower, and only her hair remained damped, whilst Sunny was still on her drenched clothes. She wasn’t worrying about getting sick anyways. Immortals don’t get sick.

 

 

 

“For earlier...” the jet-black haired girl slowly turned her head to Sunny. “... I kissed you without any of your knowledge. I’m sorry.”

Sunny just smiled. “Stupid. You don’t have to be sorry.” She held the other girl’s hand. Intertwining her fingers with the formers. “You’re hurt... I understand.” She played with the other girl’s fingers. “Just know that... I’m always here. I won’t leave you.”

Tiffany smiled weakly. “I know. And thank you.” She let go of the blonde’s hand, and shifted her position. She hugged Sunny by the waist, and rested her head on top of the other’s chest. “Let’s stay like this for a while.”

The older girl just nodded, as she played with her love’s hair strands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Leave them. Sunny’s there with her anyways.” Jessica whispered. “That bunny knows what to do.”

Seohyun obediently complied, and closed her other sister’s bedroom door.

“Taeyeon didn’t know.” She murmured, to which didn’t go unheard to her other sister’s ears.

“What?” the older girl dragged her maknae away from Tiffany’s bedroom. “What are you talking about?”

The younger brunette gulped first before speaking. “Taeyeon had no idea of what she really is.”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. “So? Does that make things any better?”

Seohyun glared at her sister. “Unnie, Tiffany unnie thought Taeyeon avoided her because she’s a werewolf. And that’s the reason why she’s broken now.”

Jessica crossed her arms by her chest. “Joohyun, whatever the circumstances were, that dork would still avoid Tiff because she’s an immortal, and Miyoung would still be broken.” the latter said as a matter of fact.

The maknae sighed. “Damn it, you’re right.” She rested her back on the wall behind them.

Jessica copied her sister. “We’re damned. And now I think it to be one.”

 

 

 

 

 

The two stared off to the mansion’s interiors, unable to think of what’s going to happen the next day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

One week later...
HHG University

 

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung! Sooyoung, wait! Yah! Shikshin!”

The addressed girl spun around to the figure running towards her. “What?”

Yoona held her by her shoulders, gasping for air.

Sooyoung watched the younger as she gathered all the air she needed. “Why did you run anyways?” she was curious as to why Yoona was so eager to catch up to her.

The doe-eyed girl finally looked up at the taller girl. She composed herself. “Where’s Seohyun?”

The older girl turned her back on Yoona. “I don’t know where your girlfriend is.” She said in a monotonous voice.

Yoona immediately got in front of Sooyoung. “Yah! I’m serious here. Where is she? I have something important to tell her.” She was walking backwards because the shikshin never halted her steps. “Please?” she clasped her hands together, and playfully pouted.

Sooyoung finally stopped on her tracks. She crossed her arms by her chest. “Well, whatever sh*t it is that you're gonna tell her... tell me first.” She challenged.

Yoona heaved a sigh. “Fine.” She scanned their surroundings first before speaking. “Taeyeon unnie’s missing.”

The taller girl furrowed her eyebrows. “What?”

“She haven’t called or texted ever since last week. We can’t contact her either. We already went to the police station.”

Sooyoung thought for a good while, trying to piece together the right words to say.

They all thought the latter was only not in the mood to attend classes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go tell them.”

She grabbed the doe-eyed girl’s hand, and dragged her along.

///

Diamond Towers
Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, S. Korea

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened? Have you and my cousin fought? Or have you with Yoona?” a tall, dark haired guy seated across a petite girl, whose eyes are still red and puffy from crying almost every day and night.

 

 

 

“You wouldn’t understand.” Taeyeon said hoarsely, as played with the teacup in front of her. “No one will.”

The boy sighed, and held the younger’s hand in reassurance. “You can tell me anything. No matter how weird it is, you can always tell me. You’re like a sister to me, you know that.” He smiled lovingly.

Taeyeon slipped her hand out of the older guy’s hold. “You would hate me.” She stood from her seat, and was about to go back in the guest room, but a hand stopped her from doing so.

“Taeyeon, you can tell me. And whatever it is, I won’t hate you. I promise.” He locked his pinky finger with Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while. She turned to the guy afterwards.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you believe in the underworld?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes.”

///

HHG University
Secret Room

“Guys!”

The five girls gathered around the coffee table, playing poker, turned their heads to the voice by the door.

A young brunette stood. “Yoong? What are you doing here?”

The addressed girl, and Sooyoung looked at each other first.

 

 

 

“I have... something to tell you. I need your help.”

Seohyun walked closer towards her girlfriend. “With what? Ask me anything.” The latter smiled sweetly, to which the doe-eyed girl returned.

 

 

 

On the other hand, Sooyoung looked away from the scene, and was mindlessly clearing .

 

 

 

“It’s... about Taeyeon unnie.”

The two maknaes glanced at the jet-black haired girl still sitting on the floor, with a card in her left hand, she too froze by the mention of the very familiar name.

Seohyun in a huge amount of air. “Is there something wrong?” she carefully asked.

Yoona bit her lip. “I should’ve told you as soon as possible.” She sighed. “She’s missing. It’s been almost a week. Yuri unnie said not to tell you guys... but... ugh!” she threw her hands up in the air in helplessness. “... I didn’t know who else to run to.”

 

 

 

 

 

Now, all of the girls sitting down earlier, was on their feet. Shock written on their faces.

 

 

“Yoona! Why didn’t you tell us sooner?” in just a split second, Tiffany was now in front of Yoona, her bag hanging by her right shoulder. She hurriedly reached for the door.

“Jung Miyoung! Where are going?” Jessica shouted.

Tiffany was already outside, but she haven’t still closed the door. “What? Do you really expect me to just sit here, and find her tomorrow?” she eyed every person in the room. Her gaze stopped at Sunny. “I’m not going to forgive myself if something bad happens to her, and I haven’t done a single thing. There’s no way I’m losing her.” With that said, she finally shut the door.

 

 

 

 

After the latter had left, silence filled the room. That’s until Sunny spoke.

 

 

“Well? Let’s go!” the shortest of them, grabbed her bag and headed for the door. “If Tiffany doesn’t want to lose Taeyeon... then, it’s her whom I don’t want to lose.” She glanced at the two sisters. “Hyun, Jess, do you?”

Both Jessica and Seohyun shook their heads.

Now, everyone grabbed their bags.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s go find that midget.”

///

Diamond Towers
Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, S. Korea

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m...” a lone tear escaped again from Taeyeon’s eyes. “... I’m a werewolf...” She closed her eyes shut. She didn’t wanna see the other’s reaction.

A warm embrace surprised the younger girl. She cried again. “I’m serious. Even if I don’t want to believe it... I am...” she said in between her sobs.

“I know. I know you’re telling the truth. It’s okay. It’s okay.” The black haired guy rubbed Taeyeon’s back for comfort. “I know it’s hard. But you’ll get used to it once you turn. And when that happens, there’s no turning back.”

Taeyeon pulled away from the hug. “Are you...”

“No. I’m not like you. But I’m indeed from the underworld too.” The older admitted.

“B-But... oppa... you’re... human before...”

The older heaved a sigh.

 

 

 

 

 

“There were so many things that happened back in LA that I think you should know about.”

///

[NOTE:

So? What do you guys think? Feel free to tell me anything :D

THANK YOU so much for the UPVOTES, SUBS, and COMMENTS! All of you are jjang! XD

This is all for now. There's a lot more to come, so stay tuned~ ;)

Til mah next update, guys! MWAH! <3]