A Twist In My Story

The Unwanted

[note:

Guess who's back?? LOL missed me? No? Okay... *turns off laptop*

Nah! Just kidding! xDD But seriously speaking... I missed all of you :3 yyyiiiieee~~
Haha! But really, I did :)) So, since I missed everyone, here's my late christmas present for all of you~ <3

Enjoy, guys! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for waiting for me~~ I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3]

///

UCLA
5 Years Ago

“Hey, you coming to practice tonight?” a tall, pale skinned, masculine guy closed his locker door, and turned to his best friend, who was rumbling through the things in his locker.

The addressed guy, lifelessly shook his head. “No. I don’t think I am. I’m too tired.” He said in an unusually monotonous voice. He seemed lifeless. Well... his eyes are red, and there are dark circles under his eyes.

“Dude, are you okay?” the other lightly shook his best friend by the shoulder. “Jason, pick yourself up.”

The so-called “Jason” guy, finally closed his locker door, and turned to look at his best friend as well. He sighed. “I just... I just don’t know how should I react...” he answered as lifelessly as earlier.

Jason’s best friend heaved a sigh as well. “Is this about you and Jen?”

Jason clenched at the mention of the name. “Don’t ever mention her to me again.” He scowled.

The other guy raised his arms up at the level of his head, like being arrested. “Okay, okay. Chill, dude.” He chuckled nervously afterwards.

Jason turned his heel, walking away from his best friend. “I’m going home. I’ll see you tomorrow, Chris.” He said as he walked with heavy steps.

“Sure!” with that, Christopher walked away as well, but in a different direction, which lead to the football field.

///

Present Time
Diamond Towers

“But what does your best friend has to do with all of this?” Taeyeon rested her elbows on the balcony’s hand railings. She massaged her temple. There were so much things running through her mind right now, and herself being a ing werewolf tops the list, and then a beautiful girl named Tiffany comes in second. ‘Tiffany... I wonder how are you doing right now...’ she shook away her thoughts.

The black-haired guy stood beside the younger, his elbows resting on the railings as well. “Actually, it doesn’t really have a connection with your identity.” He turned to look at the girl beside him. “But we’re still connected in some sense.”

Taeyeon turned to her ‘oppa’ with her eyebrows furrowed. “Like?”

The latter didn’t exactly knew if he did a smirk, a smile, or a simple grin. The intense glare of the sun wasn’t really helping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“The Jungs. They are the things we have in common.”

///

BANPO Bridge

“Unnie, let’s stop for a while. Yoongie’s tired. We’ve been searching all day. You don’t plan on searching around the whole city in one day, do you?”

Tiffany turned to her dongsaeng. She glanced down at the doe-eyed girl, who’s now sitting on the gutter, panting, and sweating. “Yoona, go home.” The latter said as polite as possible.

Yoona looked up at the older girl. “Unnie, it’s Taeyeon unnie we’re talking about here. I can’t---“

“But we can find her without getting exhausted.” Sooyoung butted-in. “And from the looks of it, you’re so close to dying.”

Hyoyeon pinched Sooyoung on her arm, unnoticed by everyone else. “Maybe we should go back to your house. Yuri must be back by now.” the blonde suggested.

Sooyoung lightly glared at the older girl who just pinched her.

“Actually, she is. She just texted me.” Jessica said.

“Then, what are we waiting for? Let’s go.”

///

KIM’s RESIDENCE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell us that Taeyeon was missing?”

Yuri bit her lower lip. Yes. She knew she shouldn’t have done that. But she didn’t want to burden the sisters, and she didn’t want anyone else to worry. She wanted to prove to herself that she could find her friend with no one’s help... but she miserably failed.

The tanned girl heaved a sigh. “I’m s-sorry... I know I should’ve told you about it on the next day... but... I just wanted to prove something, so I didn’t. I apologize.” She felt a gentle squeeze on her hand.

Tiffany sighed, and slumped back on the dining chair. “We could’ve found her sooner...”

Jessica turned to her sister. “Tiff, no one’s at fault here. And you know, let’s not care whether Yuri told us or not. All we have to do is to gather information that would lead us to Taeyeon. Isn’t that what we should be doing now?”

“Sica’s right.” Hyoyeon stood. “Do you know any places she often go to?”

“We already searched.”

“And unnie, we were so close to circling the whole of Seoul earlier.” Seohyun voiced out.

Upon hearing this, Yuri raised her head a bit. “You searched all day?”

All of the girls in the dining room nodded their heads. Well... except for a jet-black haired girl who kept playing with the pen that a missing dork gave, and seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

“Well... what about her relatives?” Sunny joined. “Her sister, or brother?”

“Taeyeon’s an only child.”

Yuri and Tiffany unexpectedly said in unison.

“Other relatives?” Sunny added.

 

 

 

The girls went silent for a couple of seconds. But that’s until the Jungs’ maknae spoke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why don’t we contact Luhan?” the younger brunette suggested.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of the girls in the room turned their heads to Seohyun all at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Who’s Luhan?” Sooyoung asked with a slightly high-pitched voice.

“Taeyeon’s cousin.” Seohyun simply answered

“How did you know about Luhan?” This time, it was Yoona and Yuri who spoke in unison.

Seohyun simply shrugged. The latter turned to her girlfriend. “Do you remember the night when Taeyeon and I kinda like... fought? And you defended me, and... so on, and so forth... he was there.”

“Wait. You fought with Tae??” Tiffany turned to her dongsaeng with a mix of concern and startle written all over her face. She knew her maknae would NEVER get into an arguement without any valid reason.

“Well... yeah... it’s something like that...”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

The younger girl shook her head. “Let’s not talk about that, shall we? We have important matters here.”

“Joohyun’s right. Why don’t we contact that Luhan guy? Maybe he knows where his cousin is.”

Yuri leaned back on her seat, still holding her ice princess’ hands. “He and Taeyeon seemed to be arguing the same night I got home. Maybe he do know something.” She muttered before fishing out her phone from her pocket, and dialling Luhan’s number, as planned.

 

 

 

After a few rings, a voice mail picked up. “Zǎo shang hǎo, wo shi, Luhan! Uhh... please leave a message after the beep~.” [note: I don't know if it's right though... LOL xD]

After the tone was heard, all of them groaned at the same time.

“Maybe he’s looking for Taeyeon unnie too.” Yoona insisted.

 

 

 

 

 

“Where does he live?”

As soon as those words came out from Seohyun’s mouth, all the other girls turned their heads to her again.

“What? I thought you wanna find her sooner?”

The tanned girl nodded her head in agreement. She slowly let go from Jessica’s hold, and stood on her feet. “The six of you go home first, and change. We can’t go searching around with this uniforms. It’s... awkward. Anyways... let’s meet in Apgujeong.”

With that said, three of the girls stood all together, and started dispersing from the dining room. Only Yoona, Yuri, Tiffany, Jessica, and Seohyun were left. Seohyun, Yuri and Jessica were on their feet, whilst Yoona and Tiffany were still seated. All of them were clouded with their own thoughts and worries.

 

 

 

The doe-eyed girl heaved a sigh. “I hope Taeyeon unnie’s okay...”

“We all do hope so...” Tiffany finally stood, and swung her bag on her shoulder. “... because I’m not gonna waste any time hunting down on whoever lays even just a finger on her.” She turned to leave. “Let’s go...”

Seohyun looked down on her lover. “I’ll go ahead.”

Yoona stood, and held the brunette’s hand, intertwining their fingers together. “I’ll go take you outside.”

The two maknaes walked away from the room, hand in hand.

 

 

Now, only YulSic were left on their spots.

Jessica swung her bag on her shoulder too. She cupped her girlfriend’s face with both of her hands, and made the former face her. “Hey, I know what you’re thinking... or rather, Joohyun knows what you were thinking about earlier. You didn’t need to prove anything to yourself. Sometimes, we need help to solve a puzzle. What you are right now, is enough. And besides, you’ve already proven something. You’ve proven that you are the bravest human being out there... so brave that you’re loving a damned creature like me.” a soft giggle escaped from .

Yuri smiled a little. “You always know how to make me feel better.”

“Yeah. And I didn’t know I was so good at it.” The brunette chuckled. “I’ll see you later.” She pecked on Yuri’s lips.

Yuri pouted.

Jessica put down her hands, not forgetting to slap the tanned girl’s arm. “Stop that. You get so ugly when you do that.” the latter turned to leave.

“If I get so ugly, then why fall in love with me?”

“Love is blind.”

“Yah! You...”

Right before the older girl got out completely from the dining room, she halted her steps, and faced her lover. “I love you.” She smiled sweetly.

Ever since they got together, Yuri haven’t heard those three words from Jessica still. Even though ‘actions speak louder than words’ she still wanted to hear it.

So, now, hearing it, she felt the same exact feeling she did when Jessica smiled at her for the first time. She felt all giddy inside.

 

 

 

“You finally said it.” The tanned girl grinned.

“Yeah. So?” Jessica turned her heel. “See you later, kkab.” She hurried to get out, tensed that if her girlfriend ever saw her blushing madly, the former would to no end.

 

 

 

 

 

///

Taeyeon and...

 

 

 

Hae oppa, where are we going?” Taeyeon yawned. For the first time in her life, she felt exhausted both physically, and emotionally.

Donghae smiled, hands gripping on the steering wheel, and eyes not taking off the road. “I want you to meet the guys.”

Taeyeon raised her head a little bit from the window. “Your friends?”

“Well... not actually friends. I already treat them as family.” Donghae turned to the girl beside him, as he halted the car to a stop.

It was a rush hour, so they got into a usual traffic jam.

“You know, ever since mom and dad died, you guys, including Yuri’s family were the only ones I had left.”

Taeyeon nodded. “I’m sorry you had to bring that up again.”

Donghae flashed another smile. “It’s okay. I’m long over it.” He averted his gaze back on the road, and accelerated the car. “They... they helped me pick myself up together that time, so they mean something to me now. And we share the same enemy, so I want you to meet them.”

The younger winced at the word ‘enemy’. ‘Enemy? I sort of hated their kind, yes. But them as an enemy? I don’t know...’ different thoughts started to cloud Taeyeon’s head.

 

 

 

 

 

A sudden deafening silence dropped on the both of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon in a huge amount of air before deciding to break the ice.

 

 

 

“Oppa...”

“Hmm?”

“What you told me earlier... was it really true?”

Sure. She was afraid of them, and hated them to no end after she had found out the truth about their real identities... but then... she just can’t seem to bring herself to believe that they could really do that.

“It’s just so hard to believe in...” Taeyeon stared out the window again. “... somehow... it just doesn’t seem to fit...”

“You don’t know them.” The older of the two took the car unto the final curve on the road, then later turned off the engine. “And I do.” He got off first. “Wait here.”

Taeyeon watched as Donghae walked over the car, and into an abandoned warehouse.

 

 

 

 

 

‘They’re demons...’

Donghae’s voice rang on Taeyeon’s head repeatedly. The latter heaved a sigh, as she stared at her phone where a certain eyesmiling beautiful girl laid there as a wallpaper. “Maybe there are just too many things I don’t know about you... and the fact that I’m like this, and you’re like that... hurts me... so much...” she closed her phone. ‘But no matter what I do... I just can’t seem to bring this heart of mine to despise you... I can’t hate you...’

 

 

 

The door on Taeyeon’s side opened.

“Tae, let’s go.” Donghae flashed a smile.

The younger nodded, and unbuckled her seatbelt. “You walk first.” She got out, and closed the door, following her oppa closely from behind.

 

 

 

 

 

‘And , I don’t even know why I’m doing this...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Apgujeong-dong, Gangnam-gu
Outside Luhan’s Penthouse Building

“You guys wait here. If I send a call, it means he knows where Taeyeon is. If I just send a text message, we need to separate ways, and find that dork.”

The rest of the girls nod in response.

“Yoona, come with me?” the tanned girl opened the door that lead to the building.

The younger girl just nodded. “Sure.”

The two finally entered the said building, as the rest just waited outside.

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t think I could wait anymore longer.” Tiffany voiced out her thoughts, as she stared into space.

The jet-black haired girl sat at the top step of the building’s set of stairs by the entrance, beside her younger sister.

“Unnie, Yuri told us to wait.”

“But I have to find her sooner.” Tiffany argued. “My mind and my heart won’t calm down until I find her alive and unscratched.” She abruptly stood, and was about to leave.

Even before her sister could take more steps, Jessica held her firmly in the wrist. “Miyoung.”

Tiffany sighed before turning back to her sister. “Jess, no matter how much she doesn’t want to see me, I would still find her. And no matter how much she hates me...” she paused for a while, as she glanced at Sunny’s direction. “... I would still love her.”

With that final sentence, Jessica slowly let go of the younger. “Fine.”

“I’ll go with you.” Sunny descended from the steps of the building.

“No. You should st---“

“No matter how many times you push me away...” Sunny stared at Tiffany’s features for a couple of seconds, before turning her torso around, and walking ahead. “... I’d still choose to protect you...” she mocked.

“Okay, fine.” The eyesmile queen hurriedly caught up to the midget ahead. “I’ll see you guys around!” the latter shouted to the remaining girls by the building.

“Soonkyu!”

“Oh?”

“Take care of my sister!” Jessica shouted.

“Sure!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Some love story...”

Sooyoung nodded in agreement. “Sunny just can’t let go of Fany...”

“Yeah... just like you can’t let go of Seohyun...” Hyoyeon teased.

Sooyoung shot the blonde her infamous glare.

“Yah! Why am I even included in that conversation??” Seohyun butted-in as soon as she heard her oh-so-beautiful name.

“Yeah! Why are you even dragging my angel into this?? Pfft! Like you can let go of Jessica right now that she’s already with Yuri.” The taller girl stood and left the scene.

Both Jessica and Hyoyeon’s mouth fell agape with their shikshin’s nut-cracking statement.

“Ehem... I’ll just go with Sooyoung...” the youngest of them also stood on her feet, and followed Sooyoung into the coffee shop nearby.

HyoSic just watched their dongsaengs’ figures as they disappeared into the coffee shop.

Slowly, the older of the two finally turned away.

Jessica look seriously at the blonde sitting in front of her.

Hyoyeon gulped as she felt Jessica’s intense stare at her. Slowly, she also decided to turn her head. She let out an awkward smile. “Hehe... uhmm... come on! Don’t tell me you believe that skinny girl!”

“You tell me.” The brunette crossed her arms by her chest.

The blonde girl stood, so that she and the older girl were about the same height. “I want coffee. You want coffee? No? Blood?” not even waiting for a decent answer, she dragged the former with her. “Nah, I’m not in the mood to get you blood. Let’s have some coffee instead.”

“Very clever. Tsk tsk tsk.” Jessica just shook her head on how her ‘friend’ smoothly diverted the conversation into something else.

///

YoonYul
Luhan’s Penthouse Unit

Moments earlier...

“Han! Han, open up!” the tanned girl rolled her eyes. “Xi Lu Han! I know you’re there! Open the God damn door!”

Right before Yuri could break the door, a familiar figure creaked the door open.

“Noona! I’m sorry, I was---“

“ you! What took you so long??”

Yuri entered the huge penthouse, with her dongsaeng following closely behind.

Luhan shrugged and closed the door. “Like I was saying... I had to use the bathroom so... it took a little while.” The latter sat down on the dining chair, along with the other two.

“Eeeww...”

Both Yuri and Yoona scrunched their faces in fake disgust.

Luhan just simply rolled his eyes. “So?”

“Well, we’re here for one reason, and one reason only. I bet you already know that?”

The young blonde scratched his head in annoyance. “I’ve been searching all around the provinces where our relatives were... but like us, nobody knows where she is.”

 

 

 

A sudden silence fell on the three of them.

 

 

 

 

 

“How are we so sure if she’s still here?” Yoona decided to speak.

Both Yuri and Luhan lifted their heads at the doe-eyed girl’s question.

“Well, how could you say that she left? I mean, come on! What great reason does she have for her to leave us devastated here?” the tanned girl raised her voice a little bit.

Their running out of time.

Yoona thought so too. Taeyeon would never do that... or at least if she planned to, they would be the ones whom she’d talk to first. “Who knows... maybe she has a problem she didn’t want us to know about. Unnie, we all know how secretive Taeyeon unnie is... sometimes.”

“ARGH! This is so frustrating!!!” Yuri ruffled her head in deep frustration. She rested her head on top of the dining table. “I don’t know what to do anymore...” she wanted to cry now.

“I think I know why...” Luhan decided voice out his thoughts after thinking over and over again.

The doe-eyed girl, and the now-frustrated tanned girl looked at the blonde almost immediately.

“Yah! Speak!” Yuri shook the younger by the shoulder.

Without a word, Luhan stood, and walked towards his bedroom, leaving the two girls confused.

After a short while, he came back with his phone on his grip. “Read this first, then I’ll tell you.” The latter placed his phone down on the dining table, for the two girls to be able to read the messages.

 

 

 

 

 

From: Auntie

Han, I don’t want to bother you, but we don’t have a choice anymore. I don’t want my daughter to hate me, to hate us. So please... tell her.

 

 

To: Auntie

So, it’s okay with you if she hates me instead?

 

 

From: Auntie

No. She can’t hate you. She loves you so much. Your cousin would rather hate us than you. So please, Luhan... please.

 

 

To: Auntie

Father told you to tell her as soon as possible, but you made her think she’s one of them, not one of us. Auntie, if you could’ve just listened, if you could’ve told noona sooner, you won’t be feeling like this.

 

 

From: Auntie

Like what I’ve told you, I only wanted her to experience what it feels like to live normal, to live like them, like those humans.

 

 

 

Yuri suddenly dropped the phone. She looked at Yoona.

They had the same reaction.

Both of them have their eyes wide open.

They turned to Luhan.

 

 

 

“What does auntie mean by living human?”

Luhan bit his lip. He was trying to patch up the right words to say. And he was afraid that the two would have the same reaction as his cousin. “Don’t hate her... and me. We didn’t chose to be like this... it was our destiny...” he bowed his head, half in shame.

“Luhan, tell us!” Now, it was Yoona who shook the boy by his shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re... we’re not humans...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... we’re lycanthropes... werewolf... as what you normally call it...”

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh My God...” The tanned girl massaged her temples in a circular manner.

They weren’t shocked for the fact that they too are immortals. They were used to it. They were rather, worried for how did Taeyeon managed to carry all those information about her true self, all alone. “Is this the reason why she ran off?”

The two girls witnessed Luhan’s head move up and down. “That was also the reason why you saw her rush out of the house the other night...” he added.

“This is so not good.” Yoona muttered, to which didn’t go unheard to Luhan’s wolf ears.

“Yoona, don’t hate her.” The doe-eyed boy held Yoona’s hand. “We’re not killers. We’re just... different.”

Yoona sighed, and patted Luhan’s hand. “It’s not about the fact that you’re an immortal. we’re already used to those kind of information.” She glanced at her unnie’s direction.

And that’s when Luhan realized... “Oh... right. Seohyun-ssi’s your girlfriend. And she's a vampire.” He slowly retracted his hand.

“Just... how did you two knew each other exactly?”

“Uhmm...”

Yuri suddenly stood from her seat. “Yoong, now’s not the right time to get jelly. We still need to find that dork.” She pushed out of her chair, and headed towards the door. “Let’s go! We’re running out of time!”

The younger girl finally stood, and caught up with the tanned girl. “Han! Don’t you wanna come?”

Upon hearing it, Luhan’s ears perked up. “Y-You want me to come?” he innocently pointed to himself.

Yoona stopped on her tracks, and turned back to Luhan, who’s still had his buttocks resting on the dining chair. “I’ll interrogate you about my Hyunnie later. But right now, we’ve got business to do.” The latter turned her heel, and headed for the door. “Hurry up!”

“Okay! Go you guys go ahead! I’ll catch up!” the blonde hurriedly grabbed his coat, his phone, and his key card, and ran to catch up.

///

Coffee Shop

“Unnie, I’m hungry.”

“Me too.”

HyoYoung stopped sipping on their coffees and looked at each other, then at the two sisters sitting across them.

“And when we say hungry, we mean---“

“Okay, okay, we get it.” Sooyoung scanned the area before leaning in to whisper something.

But before the skinniest of the four could ever say something, a phone suddenly vibrated.

“It’s mine.” Jessica grabbed her phone from Seohyun’s side of the table, and read the message.

 

 

 

 

 

From: Seobang

We need to go separate ways. Baby, you go with me, and bring that blonde choding with you. Yoona, Seohyun, Luhan, and Sooyoung will have to go together. I have to tell you something later too.

 

 

 

The eldest shove the phone into her pocket. “Guys, we’ve got to get going. Save the blood for later.” She stood first, and the rest followed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

[note:

Unfortunately, that's all I have for today :((

But don't worry, I have the next chap on the works. I might update again by... next week? Or if fortunate, maybe by the day after tomorrow :)

So... I'll see you guys soon~ :)

 

 

Ah! Wait! Of course, THANK YOU for the SUBS, COMMENTS, UPVOTES and the likes!! :DD

I'll be back soon, okay? :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Mwah! <3]