Shadow

The Unwanted

~Deo dangdanghage neon Mr. Mr. (Nal bwa)
Mr. Mr. (Geurae baro neo, neo, neo!)
Nal gaseum ttwige han Mr. Mr. (Chwigoui Namja)
Mr. Mr. (Geugae baro neo)~

Heol~ Hahaha XDD Hi guys!! Guess who's making a comeback?? ME!! LOL and of course our beloved N9NE <3 (Patiently waiting for the MV though...) How have you guys been? :)

Sorry if it took so long to update :(( As most of you know, my sched is always tight so it's once in a blue moon that I get a chance to update fast...

So... without further ado... you may scroll down now and enjoy the update :))

Ah wait... before I forgot... on the latter part of this story, you'll notice a slight change on the writing. I decided to change my writing because for me... it's kinda like... getting boring and all so... yeah... that's all XD

///

The Warehouse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hae! You’re back!”

Donghae smiled to the older girl, as they both shared a warm embrace. “Yup. I missed home... haha.”

“Tss! Whatever, you fish!” the older girl ruffled her dongsaeng’s dark hair. “Anyway... I see you got somebody here.” The latter addressed to the girl standing formally behind her dongsaeng.

“Oh, right.” The younger, pulled the girl behind him, to his side. “Noona, this is Taeyeon. One of my cousin’s best friends.”

Taeyeon nervously but politely bowed. “Uhmm... hello... I’m Kim Taeyeon.” She reached out her hand for the other party to shake.

The older girl smiled sweetly, and gladly shook the younger’s welcoming hand. “Hey, Taeyeon. It’s my pleasure to meet you...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

and... please... call me... Boa unnie.” Boa glanced at Donghae’s direction.

Unknown to Taeyeon, both parties were grinning mischievously towards each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘You're making me proud, Hae...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I know.’

///

KARA Cafe

“Welcome to KARA cafe~”

“Hi, Hara!”

The addressed girl looked up from the monitor. “Oh! Hi, unnies!” she waved towards the two figures who just entered.

The two older girls waved back, and smiled.

The jet-black haired girl settled down first as the other girl approached the counter.

“Drinks?” Hara asked.

“Just for Tiffany. She’d been telling me repeatedly earlier that she’s thirsty.” Sunny chuckled. She handed the bill.

“I see.” Hara punched in the item, and accepted the bill. “Be there in a bit, unnie.”

“Thanks.” Sunny smiled to the younger, as she turned and walked towards Tiffany’s table.

 

 

 

Jiyoung-ah!”

“Oh?”

“Tiffany unnie is here. You know what to do!”

“Sure!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey.”

“Hmm...”

“You’ve been so quiet.” Sunny reached for her 'love’s' hand under the table, and caressed it in a loving manner. “Well... except for the fact that... you’ve been annoying me earlier on about how you feel so thirsty already...” she chuckled.

Tiffany playfully hit the older girl’s right arm with her free hand. “I hate you.”

“Oh, really?” Sunny playfully pecked at Tiffany’s left cheek.

Unconsciously, and unexpectedly, Tiffany electricity run through her veins. She slapped the now-brunette headed girl’s arm repeatedly. “Yah! You! I hate you!”

Sunny continued blocking the hits and laughed her heart out. “Stop! I’m just trying to cheer you up!” she successfully held the younger by the wrist, preventing her to hit more. “Behave... or I’ll kiss you...” she ‘threatened’ as she glanced at the other’s luscious pink lips.

“Aish!” Tiffany pinched Sunny’s nose.

“Ah!” Sunny massaged her reddened nose. “You’re so mean to me.” the latter pouted.

Right before the jet-black haired girl could throw another slap, a velvety red coloured drink was placed on top of their table.

“You know, I pity your relationship. If both of you could’ve just been together, like romantically together, then I’ll be the happiest fangirl on earth. Seriously, you guys just look so good together.”

“Ah unnie~~” Tiffany whined at the blonde girl in front of them.

Gyuri chuckled. “What? I’m just telling the truth. Anyways, I’ll chat with you both later. I still have works pending on my table.” The latter smiled then went back to the cafe's back office.

“See you later, unnie!”

 

 

 

 

 

“I already have someone... but she’s ing missing...” Tiffany muttered to herself.

Sunny’s gleaming smile fell, and her face became stern as soon as she heard the younger’s statement. She heaved a sigh. “I know. Don’t worry...” she paused. “... we’ll... find her soon...” she flashed a quick smile before fishing out her phone from her coat’s pocket.

The younger of the two glanced at the other. ‘I’m sorry we turned out like this.’ She thought, as she placed a quick kiss on the other’s cheek.

Just as when Sunny decided to look back, Tiffany was already looking at the view outside, while sipping her drink. She let out a sigh again as she returned her attention back to her phone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘No matter what I do... no matter how many times I tell you that I love you, you’ll never look at me the same way you do with Taeyeon... NEVER...’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Lotte World
10:45 PM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ugh! I feel like I’m going to die anytime soon!” The doe-eyed girl slumped herself next to her tanned friend, on the bench.

“Don’t worry, you’re not the only one.” Yuri ‘reassured’ before gulping down a huge amount of water from the bottle she was holding. She then threw her dongsaeng another bottled water afterwards.

 

 

 

It was already past ten in the evening, but still, not any one of them knew where Taeyeon was at the moment. So, they decided to gather up together and postpone the ‘Hunt for a certain midget’ event they were currently having.

 

 

 

“Does anyone of you knows where 2Ny is?” Sooyoung finally decided to slump her buttocks on the bench, next to the other two. “It’s been hours, and not even a single call nor a text message.”

Jessica just chuckled. “You know, I’m not really worrying about those two. I trust Sunny anyways.” The brunette drank the contents of the cup she was holding afterwards.

The other three, who were sitting on the bench, nodded their heads in unison.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait a minute.” Yoona suddenly sat up straight.

Yuri, Sooyoung, and Jessica turned their heads at the doe-eyed girl all at once.

Yoona scanned the whole area first before getting into it. “Where’s... my baby, and Lulu?”

With that, Sooyoung suddenly stood from her place. “You’re right, where’s that kid?” she too, scanned the area.

“Relax you two. They’re just in some shop somewhere. I can sense them.”

The two taller girls didn’t even respond and immediately went to search for their ‘Angel’.

“Aigoo... those two can’t even manage to be without Joohyun, even for just a second. Tsk tsk tsk.” Hyoyeon shook her head and took a seat on Sooyoung’s place earlier. She turned to the girl beside her. “Coffee?”

Yuri smiled in return and took the cup of coffee in her hands. “Thanks.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

SeoHan

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You like Keroro?”

“Yes.”

Luhan smiled, and slightly blushed about this newly found information about the younger brunette. “Cute.”

Seohyun chuckled. She turned to the doe-eyed boy and threw the Keroro doll at his face. “Why? It’s your first time meeting a vampire who likes cartoons?”

Luhan caught the doll just in time it was about to hit his baby face. “Well... yes. You’re the very first vampire I’ve met who likes cartoons. Well, it’s not like I’ve met one before.” He mumbled the last sentence, as to which didn’t go unheard to Seohyun.

“Why? Your parents wouldn’t let you?” Seohyun circled the stacks of novelty items in front of them, trying to find something... new.

The wolf boy followed closely, picking up random items and putting them back in place. “It’s... something like that. You know our kind wasn’t really in good terms with yours.”

Seohyun muttered an “I know” before picking up an oddly familiar plushie which sat on the stacks right behind them. “Hey, this is...”

“Yoona’s favorite cartoon?” Luhan reached out to touch the doll with his delicate fingers, but instead his hand ended up touching the brunette’s cold one. He slightly stiffened at the contact. He had never touched a vampire before, so the ‘cold’ feeling was new to him.

The two looked at each other.

Luhan suddenly chuckled. “Wow. Your hand’s... cold.”

Seohyun giggled. “Silly. It was always like this.”

 

 

 

Just then, the shop’s door opened, its bell rang, signifying that another customer have walked in.

“Uhh... we haven’t disturbed anything, have we?”

Hearing the very familiar soft tone of the voice that just spoke and automatically sensing the owner of the voice even without glancing or looking, Seohyun smirked. “Your hand... is comfortably warm.” As if not hearing anything, she turned her hand upside down so that her palm fit on the blonde boy’s warm one. She slowly put both their hands down and retracted hers back. She finally turned around.

Luhan just stood there, he looked from Seohyun to Yoona before he dropped his gaze onto his shoes.

“Yoongie~” Seohyun called out in an impossibly sweet and warm tone, with that loving smile of hers.

Seeing the ‘look’ Seohyun gave just now, the girl right beside Yoona stifled a laugh. Oh, she knew very well what the younger was trying to imply. She cleared . “Luhan-ssi, mind coming back with me to the others? Trust me, you don’t want to be here.” She looked back and forth at the two lovers right before her before she turned her heel, still fighting the urge to laugh at Yoona’s reaction earlier.

Understanding what was happening, Luhan followed the tall girl suit. “I’ll see you both later.”

As soon as the other two was out of the store, Yoona decided to take steps towards her girl. The latter stopped right in front of Seohyun, only a few centimetres were keeping them apart.

They didn’t care. Well... at least Yoona didn’t.

“So, you like going to novelty stores now?” Yoona raised her arm, and caressed ‘Rilakkuma’ hanging behind Seohyun’s head. The tone of her voice was flat, and kind of quiet.

Seohyun fought the urge to widen the smirk plastered on her face and the urge to dive unto Yoona’s plump lips. “No. Not really... but Luhan does.” She looked at her lover straight in the eyes, to which the other didn’t return.

Seohyun heard Yoona hissed. “Since when did you two become so close?” the doe-eyed girl raised her other arm and let her hand touch the soft features of the plushie.

The brunette felt electricity splay through her body at their position. She knew Yoona was finding an excuse to hug her and to hold her close. “Yoona, people are staring.” Even though she liked the proximity of their closeness right now, she can’t help to be embarrassed.

Yoona finally looked at her lover. “I don’t care.” She was about to close the gap between her and Seohyun, when a cold hand prevented her from doing so.

“I’d like to taste you right now, but not here.” Seohyun removed the doe-eyed girl’s arms around her, and led her outside. “Come on... you cute jealous deer.”

“Hey! I am NOT jealous!”

“Yeah, sure. Your face twisted into an inaudible shape when I held Luhan’s hand, yeah... you’re NOT jealous.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

The Trio with SooHan

“So... should we start going all around the world to search for Taeyeon?” Hyoyeon suggested. She was standing beside Jessica’s ‘Horse’. Because of being bored earlier, they decided to ride the carousel... well... at least Yuri did, and they just go on with the flow.

Yuri, who was sitting sideways at the little horse right in front of the other two, just shrugged her shoulders. She was tired, indeed. She don't know where else they would look for her friend anymore. “Maybe. Should we start booking tickets, then?”

Sooyoung stood by the front of Jessica’s horse. Her hand resting on its nose, as it slowly goes up and down with it. She sighed. “You know... it’s hard to find those kind of people who don’t want to be found.” She said as a matter of fact.

Everyone knew she was right. That if Taeyeon REALLY was missing, fate would find a way for her love ones to reunite with her. And in their case, Yuri thought, maybe Sooyoung’s definitely right.. that Taeyeon didn’t want to be found... that she didn’t wanna show up until she got over the fact about her true self.

Yuri heaved a sigh. “What should we do, then? Wait for her until she decides to show up? And when would be that time? I don’t think we could wait that long.” She crossed her right leg over the other and played with the fabric of her jeans. “Taeyeon’s like our sister...”

“Well that’s the least we can do. We can’t force ourselves on finding her if she, herself didn’t want to be found.” Luhan ascended from the seat before them and stood beside a pole instead. “Noona, you’re tired, and so am I. Let’s go home.”

With that last sentence that Luhan have said, as if on cue, the carousel started slowing down, and eventually halted to a stop. The bell rang, indicating that the ride was finally over. People were starting to get off and disperse.

 

 

 

“Aren’t you guys getting off? Or do you want another one?”

Jessica lifted her head to see the person who spoke, or rather, shouted. She got down from the horse, just in time that Yuri got up from hers, and turned around.

Seohyun was resting her elbows on the railings with a doe-eyed girl hugging her from behind. It was Yoona who spoke earlier. “Come on, the park’s about to close. It’s almost twelve midnight.”

The five remaining people on the carousel started getting off.

///

2Ny
 

 

“Miyoung-ah... you can always tell me if you want to go home.” Sunny followed silently, a few metres behind her ‘love’s’ figure. Tiffany wanted some space and this is the kind of space she would willingly give her. She didn’t wanna leave the other girl, no matter what, she can’t just leave Tiffany wandering around the streets at night, even if she could handle herself.

“Sunny...” Tiffany called out without looking back.

“Hmm...”

“Do you think... Taeyeon really loved me?”

'' was the only word that processed through Sunny’s mind. Why was Tiffany suddenly asking her this? Why did she have to answer? It was hard to blurt out the right words to say... it was hard to remember the moments where she questioned herself ‘why’.

“She did. She told me.”

Tiffany suddenly halted to a stop. “She told you?” no immediate respond came, but instead she heard an almost silent footstep approaching from behind her, and breathings. “Sunny?” she was going to turn around, but a pair of arms embracing her, trapping her from behind stopped her from doing so. She felt warm air pass a little bit through her ears. Sunny was breathing dangerously close to her ear.

“She loved you... and I doubt... she ever stopped.” Sunny tightened her embrace and rested her chin on the younger girl’s shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

“Tell me about it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Taeyeon

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So... what do you say about our place?” Although Donghae couldn’t really feel the cold air, and couldn’t really feel anything at all, he still slid his hands inside the pockets of his trench coat. It was a habit he couldn't just change. “I know it kinda looks old, and messy... but you know... it’s a good place to stay if you let yourself get used to it.”

Taeyeon smiled a little. For the past few days she hadn’t really felt like smiling at all, but this time, being with Donghae whom someone she knew and felt comfortable with, was the time she decided to convince herself that everything’s gonna be alright. “I didn’t say I didn’t like the place, it just seemed weird that you would actually live there.”

Donghae laughed at the younger girl’s statement. “True. No one would even imagine that I could live there. LOL at first I, myself, couldn’t believe also.” They both took the turn on the first narrow street on the right. “But you know, things change. People change.”

Taeyeon glanced sideways at Donghae, before speaking again. “Why did you change?” for a moment there she wanted to take back what had just blurted out, but she knew that’s what she wanted to ask since the beginning, when he told her he was now different.

The two of them got to the end of the street, revealing to them the main road, then they turned left.

“Revenge.”

Revenge. Revenge? To who? Jessica? Tiffany? Seohyun? The three sisters? Why? Taeyeon wanted to know more, but Donghae already stopped on his tracks and started entering the STILL open convenience store beside them. She was clouded with her own thoughts that she didn’t notice the store. She stopped her feet from walking any further.

Donghae poked his head out the door, the bell rang as he did. “Don’t you wanna come in?”

Taeyeon’s stomach growled as if saying that it was hungry and she should go get some food NOW.

Donghae just smiled upon hearing it. He slid back into the convenience store, but not before saying “Fill yourself in.”

Just as the petite girl was about to step into the store, she felt something odd. She felt an oddly familiar feeling she never felt before. 'Werewolf senses?' she assumed. She knew there were still people wandering around the area and she could feel them, but she wondered, why would she feel like it was all new? It was strange. It’s like she was feeling the same thing she felt whenever Tiffany was around.

“Tiffany?”

Without any second thoughts, Taeyeon turned around.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany lifted her two hands, and slowly, and carefully removed the older girl’s own from her body. She swallowed hard, her hands gripping on Sunny’s. “Do you feel something?” she turned to look at Sunny, who returned the gaze. Her face was calm, Tiffany thought, but there were traces of tears left on her cheek. 'She cried'. She didn’t wanna press onto the question “why did you cry” because she knew Sunny would just change the subject and avoid the question. “Sunny.” she lightly shook her.

Getting back on track, Sunny raised an eyebrow. “What? I don’t... feel anything.” She looked back at the convenience store across the street, the same time Tiffany turned around to check on their surroundings.

Tiffany let go of Sunny’s hands. “I felt like...” she glanced at the street behind Sunny, then the street across them. “I felt like someone was watching us earlier.” She ran her fingers through her hair that was being blown by the wind.

'She felt her. Of course she did. Stupid'. Sunny kept her gaze at the person inside the convenience store, staring out the glass door, staring right back at them, at her. She was too immersed at ‘their’ staring contest that she didn’t even noticed Tiffany’s waving hand in front of her face.

“Hey, are you listening?”

Tiffany dropped her hand and slowly turned to the direction where the older girl was looking at. But even before she could process what Sunny was looking at, two hands have been placed on her cheeks, preventing her from scanning further. She unwillingly turned her head back to Sunny. Then, the next thing she felt was a pair of warm lips laminating against her own.

She stiffened.

 

 

Well, it’s not like it was the first time they kissed. But their first kiss, and this one was different.

///

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon felt her body go numb. She clenched her fist while her other hand gripped tightly on the door’s handle, her knuckles turning white. Her eyes were glistening, indicating that tears were now forming from it. She wanted to run, she wanted to go out there and run across the street, but she knew she couldn’t. Not that she was afraid. But after what Donghae had told her, his unbelievable story, if he saw the two people she was looking at right now, she knew it was impossible for the night to be calm.

But her heart was racing. She knew she couldn’t help it. But even before she could swing the door open, a voice interrupted her.

 

 

 

“Taeng! What do you want?”

Then it all came back to her. She loosened her grip from the handle. She couldn’t risk her. No, Taeyeon couldn’t afford her getting hurt just because of these stupid feelings. With a final thought, Taeyeon stepped back and walked to where Donghae is. “I’ll get it...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

 

 

 

 

 

Sunny slowly pulled back a little and opened her eyes to see the younger girl’s reaction. And to her surprise, Tiffany had her eyes closed. 'Did she like it?' The latter thought. “Miyoung...” she called out softly, as she watched Tiffany slowly opening her eyes.

The two figures standing still on the street, just stared at each other. After what happened, they didn’t know where to start... if there was even a thing to start with.

“Uhh...” Tiffany was the first to look away. She slid her hands inside her pocket, as if feeling cold all of a sudden. Her hands were ‘cold’, but her cheeks were ‘burning’. UNBELIEVABLY BURNING. She NEVER blushed this severe before, not even when she kissed Sunny on the mansion, or when Taeyeon secretly held her hand under the table. And besides... Vampires don’t blush, she thought. She raised her hand, and hit the older girl’s chest lightly. “W-What was that for?” she looked down at her boots.

Sunny looked back at the convenience store for the last time, before looking back at Tiffany. She shook her head. “Nothing. I just felt like kissing you.” She smiled. “Come on, let’s go home.” She grabbed Tiffany’s hand, and they both started walking.

 

 

 

 

 

“Even though it was sweet, you can’t just go kissing people on the lips just because you want to.” Tiffany interlaced her fingers with Sunny’s, almost immediately. She didn’t know why, but it became a habit whenever they held hands. “And besides... we’re not even romantically together...” she murmured the last sentence.

“Well, guess what? Who cares? Huh! I don’t.” Sunny winced when a playful slap landed across her cheek. “Ow~!”

 

 

 

 

 

///

This is a double update just to let you guys know ;)

I'll upload the next chappie in a moment... I'll just edit it a little ;)