Chapter 4

Don't Make Me Choose Between A Leader And A Maknae~

~~An airport in China~~

 

''Luhan, please be careful... Fans can be crazy, we learnt that last time..'' Kris muttered.

''Sorry. And I know fans can be crazy... Aish, what is their problem?'' Luhan pressed his lips together for a minute but put on a smile.

''Where are we going? Like, which gate, or whatever?'' Tao asked.

''Umm.... 23, it's down here.'' Kris gestured to the end of the hallway they were in.

The boys, along with their manager, walked down the corrider and reached their destination safely. Once they had gotten onto the plane, it started to rain.

''Is this going to affect the flight?'' Xiumin questioned to Chen. Chen shook his head and sat down at a window seat, Xiumin slid next to him.

''Why am I so tired?'' Lay yawned as he put his carry-on bag in the over-head compartment.

''Well probably because you stayed up and raided the mini-fridge.'' Tao laughed.

''Hey, you ate half of it too!'' Lay said, furrowing his eyebrows together as he slid into the seat next to Luhan.

Kris ignored their conversation and fell heavily into his window-side chair. He wasn't sure, but since he'd left Chanyeol last, it was like his feelings for him had grown even stronger. 'I wonder if Chanyeol's feelings have grown too.' 

''Yah, you okay gege?'' Tao asked as he slumped into the seat next to the leader.

''Mm... Why?'' Kris mumbled, staring out of the small aeroplane window.

''You seem sad... Maybe I interpreted your expressions wrong. Also, you should put your seatbelt on..'' Tao smiled to try and cheer up his elder, but his actions were left in vain as Kris was too immersed in his eyecontact with the outside. The maknae shifted uncomfortably in his chair. 'Maybe I said something wrong?'

Kris meakly put on his seatbelt before returning to his previous staring as the plane started to roll along the tarmac, the air hostess droning on about safety precautions in the back of his mind. The way the rain hit the window reminded him of the day he found Chanyeol crying in his hotel room. 

#Flash back#

''Chanyeol, what's wrong?'' Kris walked over and sat next to the other boy, worried as his body shook with every sob that escaped his lips.

''Some of the fans, they, they used cameras and with the flash on, and a few of them were aimed straight at my face and now my eyes hurt..''

''Did you tell manager-hyung?'' Kris slid his arm over to embrace Chanyeol's shoulders.

''No, I'll be fine soon, it's just it really hurts my head..'' Chanyeol sniffed and wiped the sleeve of his jacket across his face, removing the tears that were starting to become a nuisance to him.

''Are you sure? Do you want me to go find some panadol or-''

''I'm fine, just don't leave..'' Chanyeol looked up at him with sort of wide and begging eyes. Kris had never seen Chanyeol so eager for him to stay.

''I won't...'' Kris threw him a re-assuring smile and tightened his grip around Channie's shoulders.