Chapter 2

Don't Make Me Choose Between A Leader And A Maknae~

~~In a hotel room in China~~

 

''I'm so glad we get to go home tomorrow!'' Xiumin grinned, whilst a few other members spoke a few words of agreement.

Kris walked out onto the patio and sat down on one of the chairs. It had been a long day for EXO-M. They had done 2 fansignings and an extra-long concert because they weren't going to be in China for about three months.

''Knock knock.'' Luhan said, leaning his head out into the swift, cool air to check on the leader.

''Who's there?'' Kris smirked.

''A very concerned old man with chubby cheeks.'' Luhan laughed softly as he stepped onto the wooden floorboards and slid the door behind him. He pulled up a chair and sat himself down next to Kris.

''You're not that old. But you do have chubby cheeks.'' Wu Fan chuckled, staring up at the sky as he spoke.

''Are you okay? You always seem... Like you're not entirely here... Whenever we're not with the rest of EXO...''

'Maybe because my other half is there?' Kris thought to himself.

''You attached to anyone in particu-''

''NO.'' Kris said suddenly, staring at his elder with a slightly panicked expression.

''Sorry, I didn't...'' Luhan pressed his lips shut together and looked down, feeling guilty he seemed to have set on talking about a touchy subject.

''I'm the one who should be sorry... I shouldn't have yelled like that.'' Kris hung his head.

''It's okay.. But just so you know, that gives away that you're lying.'' Luhan smiled.

''I wasn't lying.''

''Oh really? So why are you so sad when we leave EXO-K then?''

''They're part of our group, it makes me sad!'' Kris mumbled the best excuse he could think of with haste.

''Suresure... Have you finished packing?'' Luhan asked as he stood up and stretched his arms over his head.

''Yeah, maybe I should check the rest of the boys have finished too.''

''No no, you stay here in your little angsty chair, I'll go check on them.'' Luhan laughed as he walked back into the hotel room, where Tao was being hit by the other boys with pillows.

Kris shook his head and chuckled softly before relaxing a bit in the chair he was sitting in.

'I'll be home soon Chanyeol, I hope you've been waiting for me...' Kris said inside his head as he thought of the previous time he'd snuck out with him.

#Flash back #

''I really think we should wait, I think Sehun and Luhan are still here.'' Chanyeol said with a worried look on his face. Kris laughed.

''Don't worry, it'll be fine, just stay quiet.'' Kris raised a finger to his lips as the pair crept towards and out of the front door of their dorm. Once they had reached the street that lined the building they grinned to eachother.

''So where are we going?'' Chanyeol said, raising one eyebrow.

''A restaurant. Nothing special. I'm leaving for China tomorrow and I wanted to spend my temporarily last day in Korea with you.'' Kris wasn't much for sweet talking but Chanyeol smirked at his attempt to be cute.

''Okay, it sounds like a good idea.'' 

The two walked for about five minutes before reaching a small chinese cafe, one block over from their dorm. The two boys walked in and were sat at a table near the back of the room. They ate a simple meal and talked about random things, usually the first thing that came to their minds, they even talked about other members. Once they had finished their food, they paid, thanked the cashier and wandered their way slowly to a small park. They sat on a park bench and were silent for a few minutes, just watching the way the grass reacted to the wind.

''Chanyeol-ah.... May I ask you something?''

''Sure, hyung, anything.'' Chanyeol smiled.

''Would you hate me.... If I kissed you?''

Chanyeol's mouth dropped open slightly in shock.

''One, I could never hate you, and two, we... we're in public Kris..''

''There's no one else here...'' Kris said, placing one of his hands on Chanyeol's as he leant over towards him. Chanyeol hesitated before doing the same until they become close enough to feel eachothers breath on their skin. They're lips touched ever-so-slightly, but that was enough to send a small shiver of happiness down Kris's spine. Chanyeol pulled back, his cheeks turning into a shade of red so bright it was like he'd been running. Kris's cheeks were a similar colour.

Little did they know that HunHan had been following them since they had left the dorm.

''Sehun-ah, are you crying?'' Luhan whispered softly to the younger boy.

''No.'' Sehun looked away from him and bit his lip as it trembled.

''Yah, I thought you liked me!'' Luhan said jokingly, yet meant it.

''I do, I like you Luhan.'' Sehun smiled. 'But I like Chanyeol hyung more..' He thought.