Chapter 26

Don't Make Me Choose Between A Leader And A Maknae~

Once dinner was finished and the boys had gotten sick of tv, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun and Suho had gone to bed, leaving Kyungsoo and Kai in the kitchen by themselves.

 

''Should we go to bed too?'' Kai asked. His voice took a fairly kinder tone when none of the other members were around.

''I have to tell you something.'' D.O hung his head. He didn't want to hurt the dancing machine like this but he didn't want to hold back information.

''Um, yeah sure, go ahead, what's up?'' Kkamjjong asked, slightly worried.

''Well, it's just that... I sort of...'' Kyungsoo took a deep breath. ''I have feelings for someone else.''

Kai was dumbfounded.

''Wait, so, you don't like me anymore?'' The younger boy's lower lip began to tremble and he felt tears well up in his eyes. The only person that could make him cry was the boy who'd just broke his heart.

''No! Don't cry, please, I'm begging you! I still like you, alot, believe me it's alot, most of the time you're on my mind but I don't know what's going on. Lately all I can think of is Chanyeol and I can't help it.''

''I'm sorry, but, Chanyeol? You have a crush on Chanyeol?? The guy who we just helped get into the perfect relationship and you want him to not be in that relationship?'' Kai twitched with anger. Both him and Kyungsoo had spent much time getting Sehun to fall in love with Chanyeol so that the Happy Virus would stay away from Kris, and now Kyungsoo wanted to ruin all that.

''It's just-''

''No! We broke up Luhan and Sehun for Chanyeol, and then had to convince Sehun to mastermind Luhan and Xiumin together, which meant we had to break up Xiumin and Chen, which meant we need to get Chen to finally like Suho back, which meant we had to make Lay stop liking him. Now everything's finally worked and you want to ruin it?'' Kai stood up and stomped to their room, angrily slamming the door behind him. Kkamjjong's raised voice and loud actions had caused Suho to wake up. The leader entered the lounge to find Kyungsoo with his face buried in his hands.

''Dyo, are you okay?'' The older male knelt down in front of the other and pulled Soo's hands away so he could see his face. D.O's eyes were red-rimmed and tears fell silently.

''Kai's mad at me. I don't blame him.'' Soo's voice was nothing by shaky sobs combined with pained whispers.

''What did you do?'' Suho had only head Kai yelling about ruining something.

''I couldn't help it, hyung, I didn't know it would be like this. I thought if I told him he'd forgive me and help me make it stop. I'm hurting, hyung.'' Dyo choked out.

''Tell me what you did, I might be able to help you.''

''You can't help me. Kai hates me, it's all over.''

Suho sighed and placed his hands on the younger male's shoulders, shaking him slightly.

''Don't talk like that. Now, Kai's a bit of an so it may take a while for him to forgive you, but I can only help you if you tell me what you did.'' Joonmyun was trying to stay calm, but he was getting annoyed at the fact that Kyungsoo was resisting.

''I told him that I like someone else.. Aswell as him but... I'm so confused, hyung.''

''Who?''

''Chanyeol.''

Joonmyun simply nodded.

Kyungsoo sniffed and wiped his eyes. ''Are you hungry? I'm hungry. I think we have some icecream in the freezer.''

Suho smiled. ''Yeah that'd be good.'' The leader followed the other boy into the kitchen and got spoons out.

''Hey guys, whatcha doin?'' The two in the kitchen looked up to see Baekhyun standing at the kitchen entrance.

''We're having ice cream. Do you want to have some with us?'' Suho asked politely. Baekhyun nodded and slid himself up onto the bench whilst Kyungsoo scooped equal amounts of icecream into three seperate bowls. Once he'd finished, he handed the bowls to the other boys and they all ate in silence.

'"Cherish it, it's the last of it.'' Kyungsoo forced out a laugh.

''So why are you two awake?'' Baekhyun asked once he'd finished his last mouthful and slid his bowl and spoon into the sink.

''I was woken up by Kai's tantrum.'' Suho stated, doing the same.

''I never went to sleep.'' Kyungsoo said flatly.

''Why are you up?'' The leader asked.

''Chanyeol was reading and he needed the light on so I decided to come get a drink. I got icecream instead. Fair trade.'' Baekhyun grinned.

 

After about 20 minutes of quiet conversation, Baekhyun decided to go back to bed.

''Goodnight Baek-hyung.'' Kyungsoo smiled. Baek's nickname had caught on to most of his dongsaengs, except Chanyeol. Chanyeol didn't use it because he knew it would annoy Baek by not calling him that.

''Goodnight guys.''

Once Baekhyun had left, Suho turned to D.O.

''Do you want to sleep in my room tonight?''

''What about Sehun?''

''It's okay, you can stay in my bed. We have to be quiet though, he's a light sleeper.''

Kyungsoo nodded and the two retreated to Suho's bedroom for the night.