Let's fix us first

Bringing back childhood love through marriage

Bom's pov:

Me and Ji are now currently resting at his parents' "honeymoon" home here in Japan. I would've found all this romantic. One bedroom, red sheets, candles, flower petals and the romantic aroma, but I don't find this anywhere romantic. For one, we haven't resolved our conflicts and I have not resolved my feelings for him. I don't know if I'm ready to forgive him yet. I want to but at the same time i don't want to. Gosh why does love have to be so confusing. It brings too much headaches. Sometimes I wonder why people bother with love when it brings so much pain.

Letting the subject of love go. After leaving Top we have agreed to meet up in 2 days for that will be the time he is available. But I can't help but wonder about the memory Top told me. I didn't point it out earlier for I didn't want to offend him nor did I want to redirect the subject of what we are really here for. We are here to find my baby not learn about Top's family history. But, somehow I can't give him that privacy of not wanting to know about his family background. For one, because his "cousin" which apparently is Jae's sister may have my baby. And another thing that bothers me would be, the Tabi I met had no parents. That means he has no mother. Well, he had a mother but she died. This person who calls herself his mom, who is she? Is she really his mother? Or a woman who just simply wanted to take advantage of his loss of memory?

I know this may not be my right to intrude but I can't just let this subject go. Tabi, he meant something to me and still does. We may not be together as we were before but that doesn't change how I feel for him. I care about him more than I give my feelings credit. And for pete's sake, we never formally broke up. We just suddenly separated. As though it was planned. Separated or together, finding my baby is not my only mission now. Finding out about Tabi's situation is . Though he seems okay, I could see the hesitation is his voice when he said the word mother. As though there was discomfort in his system. 

Even people who lost their memories have a gut feeling, right? I guess he does have his gut feelings as well but, doesn't hold any proof for it. I don't know if it's because I watch too much movies or because I'm naturally smart, but I feel like I'm near solving a case that I shouldn't have touched to begin with. The person who claims to be his mother was surely eager to get rid of me and fill in her part in his life. Somehow, what if the accident was planned? It just seemed so flawless for it not to be planned. And for her to appear in his life, having his situation of being the only inheritor of such huge amount of money.

With Jae's involvement in his life. I swear, I've known Jae for almost my whole life and that goes the same with his family. For the longest time I've known him, there was surely no special mention about a very dashing cousin of his. I know, he grew up with sisters and most of his cousins, well the ones that I have met, are all women. Not male. And why would Jae's sister want the baby when as a matter of fact she is happily married. 

"Penny for your thoughts?", I heard Ji speak as he sat beside me.

I guess I was too engulfed in my thoughts for me to notice the hot cocoa drink Ji made for me. It had colorful marshmallows and whip cream just like how I love it. It's really caring of Ji to remember that I like my drinks with marshmallow. As much as I love corn, I have a quite equal love for marshmallows. Oh who am I kidding? I love food in general.

"Thank you", I got the cup he was handing me out and took a sip of the drink he prepared.

Somehow it made me smile. He knows how I've never been good with drinking hot drinks. He cooled down the drink just enough for me to be able to handle. Is this what they call efforts of a regretful man? Well, if it is, I hope he keeps it up. I surely don't mind being treated like a princess every now and then. Well now and then or forever sounds good to me.

"Bom, can we talk? like properly talk. I want to sort things out between us"

"What's there to sort, Ji?"

"Please don't play dumb with me, please. I know you're mad at me but, you can't stay mad at me forever. We can't keep grudges on each other", he said pleading.

"You're one to talk about grudges", I sarcastically retorted.

"I know I was wrong, Bom. For what I did to you, it was indeed wrong. But, you can't exactly blame me for this, right? I was only acting to what my feelings thought were right. I felt wronged, Bom. For what you did to Jae. We both know he didn't deserve that. He loved you so much and you loved him too, I know. It pains me to know how much you loved him. The way you looked at him, it was just love and it was written on your eyes. He loved you just as much as you loved him, yet you chose to broke him. And your reason was indeed shameful. You risked everything for that. You made me think differently of you."--- I cut him off before he could continue.

"You really think I did that because I want to? God. Are you stupid? or have you neglected all the years you've knowned me? you should've known better than that, Ji!", I shouted at him furious.

Instead of shouting back at me or saying something to retort my comment. He held my hand and looked at me in a sad and pleading way telling me to calm down and hear him out. And that simple gesture worked. It was so unlike him to be this caring. Well, it's not that foreign to me for he has been like this before. But, that was so long ago that the feeling seems so different. 

"I was an idiot for believing that facade for the longest time. When I started thinking clear when I found out about the things you've been through with the pregnancy, I realized a lot of things. I know deep in my heart that the Bom I knew would never do that. I asked questions I've never asked before. Like what made you say those things? what were the causes? questions like that floated in my head. Still unanswered up to this moment. But, I know whatever the answer is, it will be reasonable. And most likely make me feeling like a bigger jerk than I already do"

I smirked when he said bigger jerk. Yes, indeed it will, Ji. But I didn't respond to what he was saying. If he was gonna make a speech, then call me the audience because this is one speech I would not dare to miss.

"Aren't you gonna say anything? Usually this is the part where you interrupt me", he said curiously.

"Nah, go on. I believe you have more to say", I said in a posh queen type of way. 

How I acted surely made him feel much lighter, I could tell. It made it easier for him to express how he felt.

"Bom, what I did was wrong. There are no words to express how sorry I am. And sorry wont fix anything nor bring back time I know that. But, all I'm asking from you is to give this heartbreaking, stupid, monkey, kwon jerk-yong, the chance to prove himself to you. Will you let me? I swear I wont hurt you ever again", he said sincerely.

"You almost got me with jerk-yong but, you gotta try harder than that", I said teasingly.

"Park bom, I love you. I always have. I know your heart may not be mine right now, but I want to try and win it. I want you to know that I have always loved you. Even when all your attention was only for Jae, I kept loving you and I don't think I ever stopped. I guess it's addiction. I'm addicted to loving you because my body could not functioning loving someone else. As though a robot that's only programmed to love you. There has never been any other woman in my heart aside from you. I've loved you for as long as I knew the feeling of love existed. My heart only belongs to you", he said sincerely while kneeling down in front of me.

At this moment, I really want to just hug him and profess my love for him. To tell him that it has always been him that I love this whole time. That I only saw Jae as a brother and it has always been him. I want to tell him that I love him. Always have and forever will. I feel like a wolf who only has one mate and could only love that one person her whole life. If I am one, then I surely found my mate. 

But I can't.

"Tsk. your heart belongs to me? only that? how bout your body and mind? does it belong to the world perhaps", i said while giving him the disappointed pout. Which he answered with a chuckle.

"Of course all that too", he said smiling while holding my hand.

"You know, let's talk about settling us when we have found our baby", I said while getting up to go to bed.

"But... but....", Ji protested with a cute pout.

"Goodnight, Ji", I said teasingly while giving a low giggle.

"Goodnight, jagiya", he said obviously disappointed and pouting like a baby.

I feel like the next days here will surely be eventful.