Catching up

Bringing back childhood love through marriage

Bom?

Bom's pov

Kim Jaejoong. My bestfriend, my thunder hug buddy, and my guardian. The man whose heart I broke. He is right here in front of me. I don't know how I should feel.. Scared that he hates me? Nervous? guilty because of what I did? One thing is for sure, I'm actually happy to see him again. I admit, I actually missed this guy. It's been almost 6 years since I last saw him. Just like how it's almost been 6 year since Ji Yong has hated me. Almost 6 years from that tragic memory. That event that still breaks my heart up to this day. 

"Bommie?"

I didn't notice that I have been staring at him longer than I should until he called my name. I guess I was in dazed for quite some time. 

"Joongie", I said in the happiest way possible. No faking or anything. I am sincerely happy to see this guy. 

After I said his name, he pulled me in for a hug. At first I got shocked but then I gave in to the comfort and hugged him back. I feel safe, I feel at home and I feel like I belong here. I know, weird thing to say about a guy you have no feelings for. Well, I do have feelings for him but, not in a romantic kind of way. More like a brotherly type of love. I love him a lot. I love him for than life itself. It's just that.. I don't love him the way he wants me to. Sometimes I wish he never had feelings for me. If he never did then, he wouldn't have had left almost 6 years ayo. And me and Ji would've never became enemies. Ugh, what am I saying. I sound like I'm blaming him. I totally am not. It's not his fault. You can't hate on someone for loving you. 

"I missed you so much, Bommie", I heard him say in the sweetest and most longing voice possible.

I missed you so much too, Joongie. That's what I wanted to say at least. I couldn't seem to bring the words out of my mouth. I couldn't say a single word. I feel mute somehow. I did the thing that I hated most. I cried... Yes, I'm now here hugging kim jaejoong while crying. I can't help it. The sweetness of his voice. The guilt I feel. I shouldn't be guilty about rejecting him. That was only me being honest with my feelings, right? you can't possibly hate on someone for being honest with how they feel. I mean an honest answer is always better than a coated lie. But... I should've at least rejected him softer. I mean, he was like a brother to me. I shouldn't have hurt him the way I did. It was wrong, I know. I guess I just really didn't know how to act when he said he loved me. I mean we were just 12 back then. I was immature and childish. Fine, that still isn't a good excuse for what I did. 

He hugged me tighter when he noticed I was crying. He didn't say anything. I guess we still have that connection we once did before. He knows I hate being asked what's wrong. He just carressed my back as I cried. When I was done crying, I pulled away. Trying my best to wipe the tears.

"I'm sorry. Instead of greeting you with a smile, here I am crying like a lost puppy," I said trying to joke around.

He grabbed my hand from my face and took out a hanky from his pocket. I stared at him as he wipes my tears away. I saw there was something black on his white hanky. Damn, my mascara. I probably look like a clown now after crying or I might even look like sadako. Thinking about those two options. I'd prefer to look like sadako at this moment. 

"It's okay. I'm actually happy that you're crying. It only means you still trust me"

                                                 "Of course I trust you. I'll always trust you, Jaejoong. It's just that.... Don't you hate me?"

"hate you? I could never hate you, bom. Even if I tried. I'll never hate you. I miss you so much" 

                                         "Joongie, I'm so sorry for what I did before. I didn't know why I did that. I was just" before I could even continue he cuts me off.

"Shhh. It's okay. I understand. You don't have to be sorry. At first I was hurt, I admit. But, I guess I should be happy. At least you said your feelings with FULL honesty and not try to lead me on", he said in a joking tone and gave me a soft smile. 

               "Why'd you leave? why'd you leave me without a goodbye...", I said in a very low voice.

I heard him sigh. "I guess I just couldn't stand seeing you at that moment. It hurted too much. Don't think that I hated you or anything, I didn't. I was just in shock? Yeah, I think that's the right word for it. I was young, we were young. I shouldn't have rushed things too much. Let's not talk about this tonight, okay? It's a sad memory and I don't want us upset. I want to see a smile on your face. Is that alright?"

I really didn't want to push in the topic so I just nodded in agreement.

"Soooo....." Jaejoong started to talk about how his life was after he left. He told me about how he became captain of the basketball team, how beautiful london was and so on. He also asked about how life was for me and I told him the story of my life since he left. Erasing the sad moments though. We caught up with each other pretty fast. After a few minutes we were laughing and joking around with each other just like how we did years ago.

End of Pov

Ji Yong's pov

I've been looking for Bom for like an hour now. Where is she. As I was about to go check up stairs if bom was there, I saw her.... She's laughing. I miss seeing her laugh like that. I can't help but remember how we would joke around with each other when we were younger. The fun we had. All those beauty memories. Sometimes I even wonder how I ended up hating her. I know very well how much I really love this girl. Wait, what? did I just say love? No, I meant LOVED. Yeah, it's all in the past now. I should probably go up to her and scold her for not answering her phone. I called her like a hundred times. As I was approaching her, I saw a familiar figure. Too familiar... It can't be. She's laughing... she's happy... and she's with... him.