HE is back

Bringing back childhood love through marriage

Bom's POV

Me and Ji Yong have been in this part for over 30 mins. Yet mom still wouldnt tell us what the special occasion is. I thought this was just going to be a lovely family dinner but, I was wrong. Once I got in, the very first thing I noticed was how there were like over 50 people! like a 100! I felt hesitant to go in at first but Ji held my hand and assured me it was going to be fine. We mingled and caught up with different people. Some were old friends, some newly met and some were just familiar faces. I feel really tired from all that socializing. I think I need a drink. Yes, I should get a drink. I headed towards the champagne area when I heard someone cough in the mike. It was Mrs. Kwon or should I say mom. Seems like she has an announcement to make. Finally, I get to know what the purpose of this party was. I've been dying to know.

"All of you, thank you so much for coming here tonight. I really appreciated how you guys took your time out and...." I heard her start. I love her and all but seriously whenever she starts talking in a crowd, she doesn't go directly to the point. She talks about different things that doesn't really relate to her announcement. I've seen her speeches long enough to know how long it would take for her to get to the point.

Claps.

I heard clapping everywhere. Why were they clapping? I guess I've been in trance for far too long or maybe mom made her speeches shorter and just got to the point. I looked up from my drink to have met his yes.... yes, his eyes. Those very familiar eyes. I didn't take the time to listent to mom's announcement but, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with him being back. I feel somehow tensed. Very tensed... It's been years since I last saw him. And my last memory with him wasn't all that good either.

 

Flashback

There he was on stage singing. Singing for me...  He was pouring his heart out through that song. Then it stopped. That beautiful melody stopped. I look at the stage to find him not there. He was here... Right infront of me with a mike in his hand.

"Bom, I've loved you for as long as I can remember. You're the first girl my heart has skipped for and probably the last. What I'm trying to say is that.. 

                                                    will you be my girl?"

 

Be my girl. Be my girl. Be my girl. 

Those 3 words kept repeating in my head. I don't know what to say. For the first time in my life I was speechless. I couldn't speak. What should I say?

I looked up to his beautfiul brown eyes. I felt lost somehow. Did I really have feelings for this gorgeous creature? Can I return those same feelings? Do I love him back?

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice all the eyes on us. I didn't know what to do. I just.... 

            "No"

somehow that short word escaped my mouth. Without an explanation, I ran. Yes, I ran without another word. It was cowardly of me to do. I was a coward, indeed. But, what else was I suppose to do? say yes? I'm not even sure if I have any feelings for him. He is a great guy. A really great guy but.... I don't know.

end of flashback

From that day forward, hell broke lose for me. I know, I wasn't the one that had her heart broken through that memory but... I did. Because of that time, I lost the person whom I loved. 

"Bom?"

I heard a voice say. That voice. It's all a little too familiar. I turned to where the direction of that voice is. It's him.... He is smiling back at me. He is here. Right in front of me...

 

Kim Jaejoong....