What we used to be

Bringing back childhood love through marriage

After the party Bom and JiYong went home. Neither of them spoke a word to each other. It was just dead silence between the two. No annoying, no teasing, not even any "how was the party" questions. Nada nothing at all. 

Bom's POV

Seeing Jae again after so many years brought back so much memories. Both good and bad. It made me remember how we used to be. How we used to be... happy. Him, me and Ji. Being with him, talking to him, made me want to break down and cry there and then but, I can't. We're in public and I need to act happy. Plus, crying wouldn't be a very good welcome back sight. 

I got changed from my party dress to my pajamas and laid in bed. It's weird how Ji didn't annoy me the whole night nor forced to sleep in the bed with me. Something must be up. He seemed so distant, hurt and the look in his eyes, gave away pain. I haven't seen that look ever since.. that day.

Flashback

6 years ago

We were at school looking forward to the valentines presentations our school has in store for us. Yes, it's valentines once again! One of the most beautiful time of the year. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a boyfriend or anything but, I do have two lovely guy bestfriends, who make valentines extra extra special. Trust me, I wouldn't mind not having a boyfriend ever as long as I have these two boys with me. Who they are? Well, no other than Kim Jaejoong and Kwon Jiyong. The two hottest and sweetest guys in school. They are both rather charming but, I have more attraction to Jiyong, in the context of romance. Yes, me and him aren't as cheesy as me and Jae's friendship, we have a love-hate relationship and that's exactly what I love about us. Exactly what I love about Ji. There are times I often fantasize about him confessing to me on valentines day and telling me he feels the same way I do. That would be such a dream come true. He is the most perfect guy ever. He is always there for me, he never disappoints me, he never and I mean never made me cry ever. Jae is also a great guy, trust me. It's just that, the feelings aren't there, you know. We can't push them in. It's Ji. It has always been Ji and always will be Ji.

 

"Bom?"

I heard someone call my name. I looked around and couldn't find who it was. When I was about to give up, somebody placed their hand on my shoulder. That kinda creeped me out and as I turn around, I see she- Dara. Yes, the girl that Jiyong is currently dating. Yes, DATING. I guess I missed out on that tinsy winsy detail while I was talking about how perfect he is. For some unknown reason, And I seriously mean unknown, Mr. Perfect decided to date the biggest in school. I wouldn't be shock to find out she has STD's. I just really hate her. I don't hate on her for dating Ji or anything, I'm not some jealous . It's just that, whether or not she is dating him, I still hate her. She does everything to ruin my day, she makes fun of me and she is such a lying . Ugh, enough of this. I think it's gonna take forever if I mention every single detail on why I hate her.

"What do you want, ?", I asked.

"That's not a very nice thing to say to your bestfriend's girl, Bom" I rolled my eyes at that statement. Whatever. I bet you guys are gonna break up sooner or later. Ji knows better than to stay with you. "Just get down to business. What do you want, Dara?" 

"Fine. Jaejoong has a plan on confessing to you and you need to humiliate him. If not then Ji Yong will pay the consequences. And you wouldn't want that, now would you?" 

I gulped at what she had to say. I know what she meant by that. When she says JiYong will pay the consequences, it means she will hurt him. Yes, beat him up. Rather have her men beat him up. So I had no choice but to agree and listen to what she had in mind..

...

Later that same morning. It was the start of the event. There were tons of boring speeches and some seriously cliche plays. Then there it came. Jaejoong's performance. I knew he was gonna perform today but, he never told me about his performance in full detail. Then there he was. He smiled at me and started singing. 

 

Those freezing hands aren’t your fault
They carry scars from long before
Afraid to love someone,
You turn your back on the other side of the words…

Like ice, the embraced heart slowly starts to thaw

* For anyone to be loved by someone,
Makes life in this world shine
If it was me, I’d make your heart warm once more
With eternal tenderness

Even if fate’s games hurt the heart…
On the other side of the tears,
A single ray of light will swoop down into the darkness

We know that this is so

As strong as the suffering, we can feel people’s warmth

Everyone is searching for a place
That can take away the sorrow and loneliness
So… for you, that place is here
Don’t be afraid, don’t hesitate anymore, because I’ll protect you

To the point of being painful (my heart)
This love is beautiful (don’t be afraid)
Even if just momentarily (let you know my love)
This time is beautïful (you know… let you know my love)


The song was beautiful indeed very beautiful. But I could sense him approaching me and it was scaring me. This was the moment. This is the moment. Bom, get ready.
 
"This lady right here, is the girl that has captured my heart. She is the girl of my dreams and the only one I have ever set my eyes on. And I really hope she'd give me a chance. Bom, will you be my girl"
 
There he was, kneeling down in front of me with a rose in hand. This is every girls dream! But no... I have to. I didn't know what to do, I was on panic. I met Ji's gaze and he seemed pain but he is trying to smile. Right beside him was the devil spawn smirking at me. Why. Why does this have to happen to me. Why me. Why do I have to do this. 
 
"Date you? you've gotta be kidding me. I don't even like you as my friend. The only reason I hang with you is because it's good for publicity. Now, dating you? I can't even handle seeing your face daily. I don't want to date you, Jaejoong"
 
And with that, I walked away. I walked as fast as I could and never turned back. I could feel someone running after me and I have a strong feeling it isn't Jaejoong. I felt a hand grab my arm.
 
"What the was that, Bom?!" I see a very mad Ji looking straight at me. Mad, disappointed and all the other negative emotions. Trust me, Ji, I'm hurting as much as you are but I have to protect you. I don't want you hurt. Right now, you're very weak. You just got out of heart surgery and them hurting you might kill you. I love you so much, Ji.
 
"You heard me there loud and clear. Our friendship meant nothing but a show for me."
 
I left him there speechless and dumbfounded. He was just there looking lost and hurt. Ever since then me and Ji had a hate relationship. No love, just hate. Up until now, he still doesn't know the truth. And until now, I still might love him..
 
End of flashback and Bom's POV
 
 
Jaejoong's POV
 
It was nice seeing Bom again tonight. I still very much love the girl. I know the reason behind her rejection and I forgive her. How can I not, when I'm still in love with her. I will win her from Jiyong...