I'm a horrible person

Bringing back childhood love through marriage

Ji's pov

"Why don't you ask Bom herself, Ji?"

"Noona, if it was that easy, I would. But you see, I'm not exactly the best person around and I doubt I'm the person she wants to see"

"Wow. No , Ji Yong. After what you've done, do you really think she wants to see you? She was freaking pregnant Ji and you were too busy ing some !"

Yup. I could tell Hyori noona is definitely raging mad at me. Well, who wouldn't be. I know what I did was bad well like hell it was. I'm just as mad at myself, honestly.

"Noona, I understand what I did was wrong. I will properly apologize to Bom about that, I swear. But for now, I really need to know where my baby is."

"I don't know, Ji"

"Noona, please. I'm begging you. Don't you think I have the rights? Noona, it's my child also. I have every right Bom does"

"That's not it, Ji. I don't know where your baby is. Neither does Bom."

This really shocked me. I mean how could they lose my baby. I haven't even held it nor have seen it! I think I have every right to get mad here. But since I have my own share of faults, I wont.

"Noona, what happened to my baby?" I feared asking this question. I was actually hoping to not get the chance to ask this. 

"Ji, I..."

Before she could continue I cut her off

"Noona, I'm begging you. I know I'm a horrible person and may not be cut out to be a father but please. I haven't even seen the child yet I already love it. I'm a wreck, I know. I have a lot of things I regret and want to change. But, please even if I were to die after, I just want to see my baby"

Tears were actually rolling down my eyes now. I'm not they type to go all emotional over anything but this was different. I don't know why but that thought that I had a child really makes me emotional. I'm not even scared of how society may judge and label me as for having a child so early. All I know is that when I see the child, I'm gonna give him the best childhood he has and be the best father I can be.

You see, growing up with no dad has made me dream of making a family of my own. I vowed to never be like my father. Well fathers to be exact. I want to be a perfect father. Someone who is always there. I've already missed more than a year with my child, I don't want to miss any more years.

"Okay, Ji. I'll tell you but this is gonna be a long story."

"I got all the time in the world, noona"

She started telling me from the start. From the point in time where Bom went to Japan with a man. Hyori noona wasn't so descriptive of this guy on the first part of the story. I found out they became bestfriends and more than that. He took the role of what I should have done. He took care of her and my baby. Even assumed the job of a father. You see, I was listening really well but part of me wants to strangle the guy. 

That was my child and my Bom! He can't just claim it as his. I mean come on, who does that? She was pregnant and with that she was clearly my property. I can't believe the nerve of this guy. Once I see--

"Ji? are you listening?"

Oh . Zoned off too much. 

"Yes, noona, I am."

"Really? What was I saying?"

"Something about Bom getting together with some "

"I was over that part minutes ago and Seunghyun isn't an ."

"Oh. So the has a name"

"You're such a jealous lover, Ji"

"Psh. I'm not jealous. Psh"

"I think this argument would last longer than my story so I'll just carry on"

Now she got to the part of my baby's 1st birthday. I should've been the one that's there.

"You see, Seunghyun never showed up that day and together with him he had the baby"

"What the ?! He stole my baby? thats ing kidnapping! I'll ing sue the guy!"

"Ji, calm your and listen. I'm not done yet"

"I--"

"Shut up! and listen"

"Yes, ma'am"

"After like four days Bom got a call and it was from Seunghyun's mom. Apparently they think it was his child so they stole it. And you know, if the child is male, it has more value. So I guess that's why they took interest on him. Me and Bom tried our best to find him and fight for her baby. But you see, in the end, we failed. We did find Seunghyun but his memories were all washed out. He didn't remember Bom and he doesn't remember a baby either. And no, don't think he was acting. He was in the hospital when we saw him. His body was badly bruised. He got into a car accident and his brain had a trauma due to that. Bom pleaded and cried for him to remember. She was a wreck. She went a look for his mom and she was successful. I didn't know what exactly happened in their talk but all I know Bom didn't come back with the baby and her last words to me was, "Ri, let's give up". Then that was it. The next day, she left for Korea and she made me promise not to make mention of anything. And I guess this is where it brings us. I don't know exactly where your baby is, I've told you everything there is that I know. The rest, you'd have to ask Bom."

I was out of words. I didn't know what to say. I thought these kind of things only happened in movies but I guess they don't only happen in movies. All this time, I thought she was just out living her life to the fullest. And she was just being a spoiled by going to Japan and went back to Korea because she was bored.

How'd she handle it though? I mean when she came back here she looked perfectly fine. Outstanding student as always, she always had a smile on her face and her figure is still as amazing as ever. There were no signs of her going through all those hardships.

Well there was something different about her eyes. They didn't seem so pure as it used to be. Actually, thinking about it now, she looked sad and lost. Her eyes looked completely numb. Must've been from all the pain.

"Ji, are you still there?"

"Noona, I'm sorry. I must've disappointed you."

"What do you mean, Ji?"

"I'm a horrible person"

"Ji, you still have a lot of time to change that. Go find Bom and apologize to her. Then you two work together to find the baby."

"What if she doesn't want to? I mean if I were her, I don't think I'd ever want to see me ever again."

"Ji, you're not the type to stop when you want to reach something. Do your best okay. Fighting!"

"Noona, I don't know.. Maybe I should just stay out of Bom's life."

"Ji, you're making such rush decisions. I'll let all these information sink in, okay? I'll call you back tomorrow to see if everything is already processed in your head."

"Okay, noona. Thank you"

I hunged up with a sigh. I don't think Bom wants to see me. After all the things I've done to her. I don't know. What she did to Jae was horrible, yes. But compared to what I've done to her, that makes me even worse. I wonder, what else have I done to Bom..