His Thoughts

No Other

 

“So that’s where it is!” I heard her say, referring to my plastic bag, in her usual cheerful voice as I picked it up in the middle of the street.

I do not get her at all. She was almost kidnapped and/or by those assh*les and yet she’s still as lively as she is right now. Maybe I should have left her there instead. My head turned in her direction. Our eyes met but she turned away almost instantly. How strange.

Neither of us spoke as we made our way to our apartments. I found it awfully unusual. It’s normal for me not to speak but her not speaking is something. For some reason, it bothered me. I sensed that something was wrong. I glanced over my shoulder to see her walking a few feet away from me, her head lowered. I couldn’t see her face because it was covered with her hair. I spun around to face her. She continued walking, failing to notice that I stopped. She froze just a few inches from me, slowly looking up. I felt myself stiffen when I saw her eyes were filled with tears... A weird feeling crept up to me. When a girl cries in front of me, I grimace at them out of habit but… I couldn’t bring myself to do it to her.

She gasped; quickly wiping her tears with the sleeves of her uniform then turned her back on me. “I’m sorry.”

Why is she saying sorry for? For crying?

“I’m really sorry… I think everything that happened just sunk in. I must look stupid for crying … Please don’t hate me.”

“I thought you didn’t believe that?” I asked, astonished.

She nodded, her back still me. “I didn’t. I know it isn’t true. But you might hate me for real if I let you see me crying like this... and… I’m sorry!”

I really don’t understand this girl. I don’t understand her at all. Why is she worried about something like that? I heaved a frustrated sigh. “Stupid,” I said as I hit her softly in the head. She looked at me with wet eyes. “Don’t be so full of yourself. I do hate you, but crying in front of me won’t make hate you more. And stop saying sorry. It’s annoying…” That was what I said, but my voice was soft. It was as soft as I possibly make, afraid that if I use my normal voice tears will stream her face once more.

Afraid? Why am I afraid?

“R-really?” she sniffed, interrupting my thoughts.

“Yeah, because my hate for you is already at its maximum so I can’t possibly hate you more,” I said bluntly as I noticed there were no more tears in her eyes.

Dara’s face lit up hearing this. I failed to stop my eyebrows from twitching at her unusual reactions. Her reactions always catch me off guard. I should really get used to her reactions or else it will be the end of me.

I really do hate her. I never felt this way towards anyone. But why am I wasting my time having this conversation with her if I really do? I wrinkled my nose at the realization.

We stood in front of the door of our respective apartments. I was about to turn the knob when I heard her call. I looked at her, already expecting what she was going to say.

“I don’t want to hear your thanks. Hearing it will just annoy me.”

She raised a brow at me. “I wasn’t going to.”

A feeling for disappointment crept over me. What? She wasn’t going to? Then disappointment turned to irritation. This ungrateful b-

Just then, she said something that broke me out of my thoughts. Did she say what I just thought she did?

“What?” I asked, wanting to hear it for a second time to make sure that I wasn’t hearing things.

“You’re a good person, Jiyong.”

A look of perplexity appeared on my face. It was the first time –well, second time since Dara repeated it- someone has ever told me that I was a good… person… I couldn’t believe my ears. There it goes again –the weird feeling.

What is this?

“Don’t make me laugh,” I finally managed to say in a low growl.

She pouted. “But you really are.”

My brows furrowed at her. “Think whatever you want to think!”

With that, I opened the door to my apartment and slammed it shut. Stupid girl! Always saying whatever she wants. And to think that she didn’t even plan on thanking me for saving her life… I did tell her I didn’t want to hear it but still, girls with normal minds would surely say thank you even if they’re told not to. She really IS hateful!

My blood was boiling with anger. I didn’t even know why it bothered me so much that it was giving me a migraine. I headed to the bathroom to change and to brush my teeth. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I sighed, trying to calm myself down.

After fixing myself, I went to my bed. Out of the blue, the girl’s face flashed on my mind making me moan in annoyance. I looked up at the ceiling, suddenly remembering the scene that happened earlier.

I was on my way home when I saw three men and a girl in the middle of the street. I recognized the girl immediately. I felt shock at the sight of her. I debated with myself whether or not I should in. Eventually, I came to a decision not to. At least only for now. I decided that I will only help her if she will ask for it. I leaned on the lamp post, watching her in glee as she kicked the biggest guy on the back of his leg.

‘Not bad,’ I thought to myself.

She started to run but she was too slow and got caught almost immediately, I restrained a snicker. The big guy began to advance to her. I was expecting her to yell ‘help’ any time now. But I heard nothing as such. My eyes widen when I saw him raise his hand and slapped her, causing her to fall on the ground. I clenched my teeth, feeling myself shake with anger. I closed my eyes.

“What are you doing?” I asked, without meaning to, in my usual apathetic voice as I opened my eyes. Good.

The man said something but I didn’t hear it because my attention immediately went to Dara. My eyes narrowed slightly as I saw the tears in her eyes but suddenly remembered that I made a decision to only to help her if she will ask for it. She was looking straight at me, and I expected for her to call out for me. To my surprise, she didn’t. I remained in the same position, waiting, ignoring whatever the assh*les were saying. Still… Nothing. I mentally sighed. She left me no choice but to leave her. Why should I help someone who doesn’t ask for it? I walked away, certain that she will stop me but I was wrong again. She didn’t. I continued walking until I could no longer be seen. I heard the maniacs laughing their heads off. Again, I waited for her to yell for help but she didn’t

“! That idiotic girl!” I snarled, dropping my plastic bag and ran back to where she was.

She’s always doing everything on her own... How stupid.

I felt my eyes begin getting heavier and heavier.

“She… is… not… normal…” I heard myself whisper before drifting off to sleep.

---------

A/N

Hello, everyone! Just wanted to tell ya'll how grateful I am. Thank you for reading my *cough* crappy *cough* fanfic. And also thank you for your comments! I feel oh-so-very-happy reading them! (you have no ideaaaaa lol ♥) Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not sure when I'll be able to update the next chappie (5) because I'm going to the province tomorrow (there's no internet there.. kill me nao~ T______T)... I'll prolly be back on Sunday/Monday so I'll only be able to update until then. Aigooooooo. I'm sorry! Spare my life! *begs for forgiveness*

 

*hugs everyone tigthly*