Truth

No Other

 

Jiyong was comfortably lying on the grass with his hands behind his head when he heard his phone beep. He took it out from his pocket to see a message from Daesung.

“Hey, Ji. Come to the music room, quick! It’s urgent.”

Jiyong read his lazily. Why the hell would he follow him? Jiyong was about to place it back into his pocket when it beeped again. It was again a message from Daesung.

“Don’t even think of ignoring my message and putting your phone back in your pocket. This is really urgent. Come NOW.”

Jiyong snarled at his phone, imagining it was Daesung. He got to his feet and made his way to the music room. When he got there, it was empty. He mentally cursed at Daesung. Just as he was about to leave, Daesung appeared with a cheeky smile on his face.

“Hey, Ji.”

“What do you want?” Jiyong snapped.

“”Patience, my friend. Why don’t you stay here for a bit while I call for others?” This earned him a glare from Jiyong. “Oh, come on. This is really important. Everyone needs to hear of what I’m about to say.”

“Whatever.” Jiyong finally gave in.

“Wait. Keep this for me for a while.” Daesung handed him a keyring. Jiyong took a quick look at it behind putting it in his pocket. “Make sure to hide. Someone might see you.” Daesung warned before disappearing.

Jiyong scanned the room for a place for him to lie down while he waited.

**

Joohyun was already on her way to the Principal Yang’s office rehearsing in her mind what argument –or karate move- she would use to convince him (or make him regret) that Dara doesn’t deserve the suspension when out of nowhere, Daesung appeared in front of her. He pulled her in an empty room with the rest of the gang –minus Dara and Jiyong.

“Why did you call us here? If it’s for a stupid reason, I’ll send you flying to Xin Dynasty.” Joohyun growled impatiently at Daesung.

“I already know who did it.” Daesung said flatly as soon as he saw everyone has settled down.

They gaped at him.

“How did you know?” Seungri asked.

“Let’s just say… a little bird told me.”

Joohyun glared at him. “I don’t care how you knew just tell me who did it. I’m going to make them regret what they did! Who dared set her up?” She demanded heatedly.

Daesung puckered his brow. “Because of this… I’m not telling you.”

This agitated Joohyun more. “WHAT?!”

He exhaled deeply. “You need to calm down. I got things under control. I won’t be revealing who it is –just yet. I have to get proof first. I just called you all here to tell you to let me handle it.”

“Ha! Are you trying to make me laugh? I’m not just going to sit here and-“

Daesung interrupted, “I knew you will be the one who will protest the most. But trust me in this. I’ve already made plans... I’m sure Dara won’t want you to get in trouble because of her.”

Joohyun wanted to argue but she knew Daesung had a point. “Just make sure your plan will work.”

“Of course it will.” He chuckled then glanced at his watch. “It’s on-going now as we speak. I’ll be right back.”

**

“Sohee?” In Na looked around cautiously before entering the room.

“Unnie! What are you doing here?” Sohee asked, quite surprised to see In Na in such a place. “Don’t tell me… you also received…?”

In Na raised her hand to reveal a piece of paper with an unidentified handwriting instructing her to music room. “Someone must be playing a prank.” She said, irritated.

“Maybe it’s Sandara Park.” Sohee joked.

In Na raised a brow then tittered.

 “I thought she was going to come to school today and try to convince the principal that she’s innocent.” Sohee said.

“I thought so too but she didn’t even defend herself! Can you believe it? I never thought it would be so easy! She was so predictable. Running back to the locker room like that…” In Na laughed loudly as she recalled.

Sohee laughed with her. “And leaving her locker open… what an idiot. She also didn’t even notice that I put the lighter in her bag when I accidentally bumped into her yesterday morning.”

“She was too easy. I-”

THUD!

The two girls jumped in surprise at the noise behind them. They spun around. Horror struck on their faces almost instantly. Their eyes moved from the person in front of them then to the table on the floor and back at him.

“J-Jiyong oppa?” There was fear in Sohee’s voice.

The sound was from the table which Jiyong kicked. He kicked it so hard that it slammed on the floor with a loud thud.

Jiyong had a calm, but deadly look on his face. “Did what I just hear true?” His tone of his voice made In Na and Sohee shudder in fright. It was bitter and cold.

Suddenly, clap echoed the room. They looked for its source.

In Na recognized him right away. “Kang Daesung!”

Daesung grinned at the mention of his name. He immediately went next to Jiyong and put his hand in his pocket which startled Jiyong a bit but didn’t struggle. When Daesung pulled out his hand, exposing the keyring he asked Jiyong to keep earlier.

Daesung walked over to the two girls and waved it in front of their faces. “Do you know what this is?”

In Na’s brows furrowed. “What? It’s just a keyring,” she barked.

A smirked came upon his face. “Yes, it is. But it’s not just a keyring.”

Sohee’s eyes widened in terror –knowing what he was getting at. “It can’t be-!”

“Bingo!” Daesung chucked in amusement as at Sohee. “It’s also a voice recorder.”

In Na felt her heart beat faster in panic.

“You don’t want me to release for everyone to hear, do you, Ms. Vice President?” Daesung asked in a mocking tone.

“You wouldn’t!” In Na growled.

“Yes, I wouldn’t. If… and only if you two will take back what you accused Dara of and prove her innocence to the principal.”

“But it’s done! We can’t do anything about it!” Sohee screamed.

Daesung ignored her. “I wonder what everyone would think if the principal’s niece,” he said nodding toward In Na, “did something like that? And what would Sulli,” his eyes fell on Sohee who was already sweating in fear, “think that her best friend did something like that?”

Sohee turned to In Na with a pleading look. “Unnie! I don’t care anymore. Please… no… not Sulli. I don’t want Sulli to know!”

In Na glowered at Daesung. “Fine! You win! But we’re not over yet. You will regret it, Kang Daesung,” she hissed then stomped out of the room without looking back. Sohee followed.

Daesung smiled in satisfaction. He meant all that he said except for the last part about Sulli knowing about what Sohee did –Sulli already knew about it anyway- and also it’s because he promised Sulli he won’t tell on Sohee.

**

As soon as he met up with the others, he filled them in of what happened. Starting from when Sulli confessed to Daesung….

“It’s Sohee and In Na sunbaenim…”

Two members of the student council are the ones causing trouble for Dara? And more importantly, the vice president? How interesting… Daesung thought to himself. He tried to hide his astonishment as he said, “Oh, really? What made you say that?”

Sulli looked as if she was regretting what she just said for a moment then shook her head. “Please don’t tell on Sohee! She’s my best friend! She was just doing it for my sake. She knew that I like Jiyong sunbaenim and when I heard that he was dating Dara sunbaenim I was devastated. She saw it and she wanted to hurt Dara sunbaenim as revenge… In Na sunbaenim likes him too so they decided to work together… but I didn’t know anything about it until yesterday when I heard Sohee and In Na sunbaenim talking… but they don’t know that I know.” Tears were forming in her eyes by now. “I’m telling you this because I also like Dara sunbaenim. I can’t stand her being in trouble over something so petty. But please, don’t tell on them. …Especially Sohee.”

…until the part the two culprits stomped out of the room, utterly defeated. Daesung was the one who planned everything. He wrote the letters to the two, and he took risk. He wasn’t sure that their conversation would be about exactly what they have done. He only expected them to talk about Dara at some point or another to prove the resentment they feel towards her but no- they described what they did in full details. Heavens must’ve been on their side.

Joohyun, Seungri and Bom stared at him in awe.

“You’re a monster!” Seungri exclaimed.

Daesung chortled.

“But… where’s Jiyong?” Bom wondered.

Daesung shrugged. “No idea. He just suddenly ran out of the room…”

**

Dara was sitting in the living room of her apartment, reading a book on her hand. That was what she has been doing for two days –studying. She wanted to be productive and work while she’s on suspension but the restaurant she’s working at has been closed for renovation. She has only worked there for a day and then the next day, she received a call from Dongwook that the restaurant will be closed at least until summer vacation.

All of a sudden, a knock came to the door. Dara walked over to it and reached for the knob. She opened the door and before she knew it, she was locked in a hug by two pair of arms.

“Joohyun? Bom?”

“We missed you!” Bom said, as soon as they broke the hug.

Dara giggled. “I missed you too. How did you know my apartment?”

“Oh, it’s Kwon. He brought us here.” Joohyun answered. “He’s not here. He just walked us in the building and told us your room number. He went out to eat somewhere,” she added when Dara looked over at Joohyun’s shoulder.

Dara nodded in understanding. “Come in!” she invited, in her usual bubbly voice.

“Are you sure you’re sick? You don’t look sick to me.”

A nervous look crept upon her face. She then let out fake coughs. “I… (cough)… am... (cough)”

Bom and Joohyun exchanged looks then burst out laughing.

“You don’t have to pretend, Darong. We already know about the suspension.”

Dara froze. “You knew?”

They nodded. “But everything’s okay now. The principal found the real culprit. You can come back to school tomorrow,” Joohyun smiled.

She looked at her two best friends, bewildered. “Really?”

“That’s right! But from now on Darong… don’t hide anything from us, okay? Don’t keep everything to yourself. You know we’re here for you.” Bom said sadly.

Dara lowered her head in shame. “Are you mad?”

They both shook their heads. “Of course not. But next time you hide something like this from us, we will be!” Joohyun winked at her. “Understand?”

A big smile appeared in Dara’s face.  “Roger that!”

--

A/N Oh, well. Now that's done and over with xD Too bad it wasn't Jiyong who solved the case but still... he got mad. Wonder what he would've done/said if Daesung didn't appear. Hahaha~ And why did he ran out of the room... Hmm.. *thinking...* LOL Well, my promise of updating another chapter at the same day has been fulfilled. *bow* Sorry for my mistakes/errors. Too sleepy to proofread. But then again.. even if I proofread there're still a lot of mistakes. Hahaha! I'll see y'all at the next chapterl! <3