The Beginning of Summer

No Other

The exams were over and done with before they knew it. It was officially the start of their summer vacation.

The students cheered so loudly as they excitedly ran out of school as soon as they were done with their papers.

"Let's go to karaoke!!" Seungri invited, pumping his fist in the air as soon as he was out of the school gates with the gang.

Dara, Joohyun and Bom whooped in excitement. Daesung chuckled at his friends while Jiyong remained silent though it was evident in his face that he was glad that the exams were over.

"Jiyong!" A deep voice called.

They all turned around, except for Jiyong who just moved his head slightly to check who called him.

"Seunghyun hyung," Jiyong murmured, his voice no emotion whatsoever.

"Yo!" a dark, tall student greeted Jiyong with a big grin on his face. His eyes momentarily landed on the tiny girl behind Jiyong. Then, as if realizing something, his eyes immediately went back to the girl. His eyes widened then pointed a finger at Dara. "Sandara Park!" He gasped.

Dara nodded wordlessly. Her expression was vague, as if she was trying to figure out if she met him somewhere since he knows her name.

"Hyung," Jiyong's eyebrows narrowed. "It's rude to point." He said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Seunghyun quickly put his hand on his pocket then laughed nervously. "Sorry, Dara-ssi!"

"Oh no, it's fine! Don't worry." Dara reassured him with a smile.

Jiyong's eyebrows narrowed even lower.

Daesung cleared his throat and when their attention was on him he spoke, "Care to introduce?"

Jiyong had a look on his face that says that he didn't want to, so Seunghyun decided to introduce himself.

"Choi Seunghyun. A 3rd year. Nice to meet you all!" He introduced proudly and happily. He was a bit too happy.

Joohyun gasped. "You're Choi Seunghyun? You're the captain of our school's soccer team?"

He smiled and nodded his head like how a little kid would if asked if he wants a cookie.

Seungri made a face. This guy is the captain of the soccer team?

"Well, we're Jiyong's friends. I'm Daesung, that's Seungri, Dara -but you seemed to already know that... then that's Joohyun, and that's Bom right there."

Nobody noticed that Bom blushed at the mention of her name.

Seunghyun looked from Daesung to Bom, registering and trying to memorize their faces and names.

"What do you want, hyung?" Jiyong asked after a while. He was tapping his foot in impatience now.

Seunghyun instantly turned his head to Jiyong and nodded to him. "About that... I just wanted to let you know soccer practice will immediately begin on Monday. 6am sharp. Practice will be every other day from Monday to Friday which means it'll be three times a week. We don't have time to waste since our competition is nearing. I will not tolerate tardiness and absence in practices." There was authority in his voice. "Do you understand, Kwon Jiyong?"

The others were staring at him in awe at his sudden change in his tone of voice. Not too long ago he sounded very hyper that they had doubts about him being the captain of the soccer team but now, he sounded very charismatic and leader-like that chased away their doubts.

"Okay." was all Jiyong said.

As if making a 360 degree turn in his personality, Seunghyun was back to his bubbly self. "Well, see you then. Nice meeting you all! ...And Dara-ssi." He winked at Dara, making her cheeks turn pink.

Jiyong kicked Seunghyun in the leg which made the latter jump. "Scram!"

"How mean!" Seunghyun pretended to be upset. He stuck out his bottom lip as he pouted. "Alright, already! I'll see you on Monday. Happy summer to all of you!" He waved goodbye at them before walking away at the opposite direction.

"Is he really a 3rd year and the captain of the soccer team? Jiyong seems to be the one in charge..." Seungri whispered to the other four.

They all shrugged, completely understanding what Seungri was saying.

--

 

It was already seven in the evening and none of them wanted to go home just yet. They were singing loudly and happily together. All of them already sang expect for Jiyong who was just sitting and watching them the whole time -who made an attempt to go home because of all the noise but they stopped him and gave him earplugs just so he would stay.

Bom just announced that she will be spending her summer vacation with her family in Jeju Island and was depressed with the fact that she won't be able to spend much time with her Darong. Seungri also announce excitedly that V.I. will have a concert in town two weeks from now and he has two VVIP tickets and that he decided to take Dara with him, much to Jiyong's annoyance, who looked surprised that he chose her of all people (although it was no surprise to the others at all).

Everyone continued singing and chatting happily until 10pm.

Dara hugged Bom. "Have fun and take care in Jeju Island, okay Bommie?"

Bom hugged Dara tighter as if not wanting to let go. "I'll miss you my Darong~"

"Okay, that's enough. It's already late. Bye, Dara. Bye, Kwon." Joohyun said, pulling Bom by her ear and started to walk away with Daesung and Seungri.

It only Dara and Jiyong now.

Jiyong glanced at Dara as if to check if she was all set to go before walking. Dara immediately followed. Silence filled the air between the two. Jiyong walked ahead of her, making sure to keep his distance from the girl.

"Jiyong?"

"What?" Jiyong automatically answered at the sound of her voice.

Dara looked hesitant for a second. "Have you been avoiding me?"

If Dara was facing him, she would have seen that the question took him aback a little bit.

"No," he answered after a while. But that was a lie.

He really was avoiding her ever since he made a little trip to Daesung's place. It was because he was feeling weirder than ever at the sight of her. Not only does his heart beat faster but he feels nervous as well.

"Oh," he heard the girl say sadly.

The feeling of guilt of lying suddenly gushed into him.

Why am I feeling guilty?

Jiyong stopped, making Dara stop too. He spun around to face her. "Yes, I have." He felt the need to say the truth.

Dara nodded in understanding then looked at him with puzzled expression. "But why? It's the second time too."

Jiyong echoed. "Second time?"

Dara nodded again. "The first time was when I got suspended."

Ah, that's right... I did... I remember getting angry at her... Though, I still have no idea why.

He furrowed his eyebrows and turned to walk away again leaving a confused looking Dara.

Jiyong was marching his way to the apartment elevator muttering words under his breath with Dara still confused as ever at his behavior. As soon as the elevator door opened, he and Dara stepped out of it.

"Oppa!"

Jiyong's head shot up at the voice. He could recognize that voice anywhere. His eyes widened in both horror and surprise at the girl standing in front of his apartment with a baggage on the floor.

"I've been waiting for you here almost the whole day! Where were you?" She demanded, her hands on her hips.

---

A/N Uh-oh. I smell trouble. Or not. Hahaha. Who knows! xD kkk. Anw, that's 2 chapters in one day! See ya next chappie (later or tomorrow?)! ^^