Little Dispute

No Other

Summary of last two chapters (since my last update was months ago lmao):

It was already their vacation. In two weeks time, Seungri’s favorite singer, Victory, will be having a concert and he had two VVIP tickets in which he invited Dara to see it with him. Seunghyun, their school soccer team captain, reminded Jiyong that they will be having soccer training every other weekday. When Jiyong and Dara arrived in their apartment, Jiyong was greeted by a girl named Chaerin and who called him “oppa.” And then the latest chapter, Bom invited the group for dinner the night before she flies to Jeju Islandwith her family. Just then, Jiyong arrives with Chaerin. Chaerin claimed Jiyong as her “fiancé”.

****

“Thanks for the dinner, Bommie! Have fun in Jeju Island, okay?” Dara said, hugging Bom tightly. Bom responded by hugging her back.

“Yeah! Don’t come back here without souvenirs!” Seungri chimed in with a playful grin plastered across his face. “Hey! What did you do that for?!” Seungri gasped after getting hit by Joohyun. They were already outside the restaurant and were already wishing Bom for a safe trip. Bom’s father was already there to pick her up.

Bom giggled and then said to all of them, “Bye, guys! I’ll be back soon!” She flashed them a smile before getting inside the car with her father.

As soon as the car was out of sight, Joohyun muttered almost immediately to Seungri, “Moron.”

“What did you say?!”

“Now, now, kids. Behave.” Daesung said almost the same way a teacher tries to calm down his students. “Why don’t we just all go home now since it’s already getting very dark?”

The two kids ‘hmphed’ and said in unison, “Fine. I’m leaving first then-“

The two noticed that they were walking in the same direction. “Where the hell do you think you are going, you freak?” Joohyun asked with a look of annoyance on her face. “Are you following me?”

“Following you?” Seungri stuck out his tongue in disgust. “Who, in the right mind, would do that?!”

“But you aren’t in the right mind! So you ARE following me!”

“Oh, yeah?! Then I’m going to go first to prove to you that-“

“Oh, no, you’re not!” Joohyun pushed him to the side and ran as fast as she could away from him.

Seungri was able to keep himself from falling and quickly ran after her. “Hey, come back here, you conceited person!”

The others could still hear them screaming at each other until their figures disappeared in the distance and their voices faded. They stared at where they had gone to in awe. Dara shook her head at the thought of the two. Because of their childishness, they weren’t even able to say bye to them.

When they were completely gone, Daesung faced Jiyong and Chaerin –who was hugging Jiyong’s arm. “Can you two come over to my place tonight? I want to talk to both of you. I will ask the driver to drop you home, don’t worry.”

Jiyong just gave Daesung a blank stare. Chaerin saw this then shrugged, “Yeah, sure, whatever.”

“Then I’m going to go ahead. Hope to see you this summer vacation. Bye. Take care!” Dara was about to turn around to leave when Jiyong stopped her.

“Wait, Park.”

Jiyong felt instant regret and confusion crept inside of him as soon as those words came out of his mouth. Dara obediently stopped and looked at him curiously. Daesung and Chaerin raised a brow at him. The three of them waited for him to speak. “I…” Jiyong’s voice trailed, as if he was thinking of what to say. He pried Chaerin’s arms away from him and walked towards Dara’s direction. “Go ahead, I will follow. I just want to get something from my apartment. Let’s go, Park.” Dara’s eyes widen when Jiyong grabbed her hand and walked away from Daesung and Chaerin, who looked just as surprised as her. Dara bowed quickly to the two of them and then let Jiyong pull her.

Daesung smiled, amused at his friend’s action.

“Wait, I’m co-“

Daesung immediately pulled Chaerin. She tried to struggle free until she heard him say, “Youroppa will follow, okay? He said so himself.” He spoke the words with seriousness and a hint of menace. Chaerin gulped, and nodded at him.

**

“Jiyong?” Dara called.

“Hm?” He merely grunted in response.

“What is it that you need to get from your apartment?”

This made Jiyong stop in his tracks, Dara stopped too. Silence filled them for a moment. Dara could see that Jiyong was thinking hard because of the expression he was wearing on his face.

“It’s none of your business!” He growled out of frustration before walking again.

Dara asked no more. For some reason, she also didn’t feel very well. It was not because she was sick. But for some unknown reason, she felt pain. She looked around the area and found that it was already very dark. Suddenly, the night that she was almost taken by those guys came to her mind. She suddenly felt that she was very happy that Jiyong was with her. She felt safe and secured. Then, her eyes widen in realization.

 

Wait… could it be… she stared at Jiyong in front of her, his back facing her. Her thoughts were discontinued when her eyes went to her hand –which Jiyong did not seem to realize he was still holding. There was a bit of protectiveness in the way Jiyong was holding her hand. But Dara had nothing to complain about because she felt happy that Jiyong seemed protective of her. She couldn’t help but smile.

Jiyong stopped in front of Dara’s apartment door. “Go inside.” He said in a quiet voice.

 

“Thank you very much, Jiyong!” Dara gave him a big happy smile.

Jiyong just blinked at her. It was like he was mesmerized by her smile. He felt his cheeks grow hot. Dara’s smile immediately disappeared. Her expression changed to worry.

“Are you okay, Jiyong?” She was about to reach for his forehead to check his temperature when Jiyong woke up from his ‘trance’ and slapped her hand away from him.

“I’m fine! Just fine!” He gritted his teeth. “Just get inside already!” With that, he marched angrily to the elevator.

Dara was a bit reluctant in letting him go after seeing him in such a state but he seemed like he wanted to leave as soon as he could.

**

Daesung and Chaerin were sitting in the couch in Daesung’s bedroom while waiting for Jiyong to arrive.  Neither of them spoke when they were in the car on the way to Daesung’s place. “Who is that girl, anyway? How come she and oppa seems very close?” Chaerin finally managed to ask. She wanted to ask him ever since Jiyong walked away with Dara. She wondered what their relationship is. Whatever it was, she did not like it. She did not like it at all.

“She’s a friend.” Daesung cautiously answered. He knew that Chaerin was a jealous type. He wouldn’t want Dara to suffer Chaerin’s wrath. An idea came to Daesung’s mind. Or would I? He let out a devilish laugh inside his head.

Chaerin eyed him suspiciously. “A friend?”

It led Daesung out of his thoughts. He nodded. “He isn’t aware of it but Dara is his first friend when he arrived here last year. Maybe that’s why…”

“That’s why, what?” She asked.

He saw her expression. Maybe later… He shook his head, and quickly changed the subject. “It’s a surprise seeing you here, Chaerin. I wonder… why are you here?”

The question took her a bit aback but still answered, “Why, of course, it’s to visit oppa!” She didn’t take her eyes off of him, as if to check if he was convinced or not. She couldn’t tell because he has a blank expression on his face.

“Is that all?” He asked, knowing there had to be another reason. “I don’t think your father would have let you come from Seoulto Busan just to see Jiyong.”

She growled at him in frustration. “I can’t hide anything from you, can I?” She let out a sigh in defeat and said in a barely audible utterance, “Uncle told me to check up on him.”

“My father?”

Both of their heads turned towards the door to see Jiyong staring at them coldly.

“O-oppa!” Chaerin called nervously. “Since when were you there?” She asked, hoping he did not hear what they were talking about but seeing the look on his face, she knew that he heard it.

“Why would he tell you to do that? That’s a joke.” He uttered in a cold unemotional manner. “If that’s to let me know that he actually cares for his son, then you are just wasting your time.”

Chaerin did not like what she was hearing. She shook her head vigorously. “He cares for you, oppa! You’ve been gone for almost two years now. He waits for your-“

He cut her off. “How’s your brother?” He asked nonchalantly.

She looked at Daesung, as if asking whether she should answer him or not. Daesung merely nodded –knowing what she was asking. She answered hesitantly, “My brother… He… he’s okay. He’s studying very hard…”

Moment of silence filled the air.

Jiyong broke the silence. “I’m leaving.”

“Wait, oppa!”

Jiyong ignored her. Instead, he said to Daesung, “Please make sure she gets safely to the mansion.” He did not wait for his answer. He closed the door of Daesung’s room, leaving an upset Chaerin and a worried Daesung.

----------------------

A/N: Aigoo~ finally an update from me. I'm very surprised myself. Haha. I'm very sorry for the very very very long wait. I've been busy in school and the times when I'm not busy it was either I was resting or had writer's block so I couldn't update. LMAO! Really, really, sorryyy! Will try to update as much as I can. You can virtually hit me if y'all want. I don't mind because I deserve it :| Hahahaha! And if you may, please keep telling me to update and update so I'll be pressured and actually update =)))))) Sorry for the errors. No time to proofread since I was really itching to update. Hahahaha! I hug y'all >:D<