Questions

No Other

What the?

All of them with the exception of Seungri stared at me, bewildered.

"No! An absolute no. You can't take back what yo-"

Before he could finish, Daesung managed to clasped a hand over Seungri's mouth before pushing him backwards, causing Seungri to fall from his seat. Daesung let a nervous laugh then faced Dara.

"Oh, yes, Dara. Please do tutor Jiyong. I'll take care of Seungri. Okay?"

Dara looked somewhat unsure, taking a peek at Seungri (who already managed to recover from his fall muttering something with the words 'friends' and 'violent') with worried eyes.

"Are you sure?" I heard the girl say.

Seungri's head snapped up and shook his head ferociously at Dara. "N-"

Daesung, once again, covered Seungi's mouth and said, "Of course I'm sure! He's sure too! Aren't you, Seungri?"

Seungri muffled something under his hand and continued shaking his head but Daesung looked at Seungri in the eye. Daesung didn't utter a thing but his expression says it all- 'I can do more than pushing and you know it!"

I raised my brow at Daesung's actions. He's acting very weird...

I saw Seungri lower his head in defeat then nodded at Dara.

"See?" said Daesung, wearing an innocent smile and finally removing his hand from Seungri's mouth.

Dara, who had no idea what happened between the two, face lit up and clapped her hands together before turning to me. "That's settled then!"

I rolled my eyes.

What have I gotten myself into?

----

The girl would furrow her brow, indulged in immense concentration as she read the book she was holding in her hand and then would stop and write something down in her notebook every now and then before turning her eyes back to the book.

I saw her do these in the corner of my eye. It was almost an hour since she’s been tutoring me. We wear seated on the floor across from each other –our feet under the table- in the living room of her apartment. Her apartment wasn’t that different from mine except that she had less furniture. The front door opens directly to the living room then to the right is the door that leads to the bedroom, and beside it is the kitchen.

And then… it echoed inside my head for the nth time.

“Didn’t she already say she’ll tutor me?”

I mentally smacked myself.

I don’t know what got into me and actually said something so stupid.  It’s not like I needed to be tutored. I can handle myself. I don’t need any help –especially from this girl. I really don’t know what happened. I was already listening to myself saying it before I could stop.

My eyes went back to the reviewer I was reading that she gave me -and I must say, it's very understandable. I was looking for a mistake in the notebook to have something to complain about until it annoys the hell out of her and gives up on tutoring me. Unfortunately, I could find none. It's like everything, as in all the lectures, is written here.

I caught a glimpse of her empty wrist.

Her bracelet... She doesn't seem like she's looking for it. Does she not care about it anymore?

It was then when I heard her call my name.

I grunted in reply, not looking up from the reviewer.

"I'm just going to prepare for dinner. Take a break first, okay?" she said in her usual cheerful voice before standing up and heading towards the kitchen.

She didn't need to tell me. I was going to take a break anyway, whether or not she tells me.

I placed the notebook on the table and started stretching my arms and legs.

I suddenly wondered if Yeolbong is open yet. It's been closed for weeks, much to my annoyance. It's the restaurant where I eat whenever I feel hungry when the food in my apartment doesn't satisfy me enough. It's my favorite place to eat.

I looked behind me to see a small TV. Next to it is a table with pictures on it. There were pictures of the girl with Joohyun and Bom, with a man who I assumed was her father, and more. A picture of a woman hugging a little girl who was sitting on her lap caught my eye. They were both wearing happy smiles on their faces.

It must be the girl and her mother... She bore a striking resemblance to her mother. She must've gotten her beau-

My eyes widened in horror at where my thoughts were leading to. I shook my head and hit it with my knuckles

A giggle came from my left side. My eyes shot up to see Dara looking down at me.

"That's my mother," she said.

My head turned to her direction only to surprise myself at how our faces were just a few inches away from each other. It was then i realized that she bent down to my eye level -she staring dreamily on the picture of the little her and her mother, as if she's reminiscing a happy memory.

Before I could stop myself, I was already taking note of each and every detail of her face, her stature, the inflections in her voice...

I felt myself hold my breath. I wanted to turn away but I couldn't bring myself to. It was as if I've been frozen.

"Isn't she pretty?" she whispered softly at me.

My mouth opened involuntarily. "Yes, you are...." I blurted out in a whisper, much to my horror.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY MOUTH?! I yelled at myself in my head.

She turned her head to face me -her eyes staring right to mine in disbelief. I wasn't sure if she heard what I just said. But I was quite sure that she did even if it was only a whisper since we were so close to each other. My eyes widened at the realization.

I felt my heart beat faster. I blinked at her. It was the only thing I found myself able to do that very moment as I waited for her reaction.

A sweet, beautiful smile formed at the corners of her lips. That was all. She didn't say anything.

It made me wonder what was going through in that tiny head of hers this very moment.

My heart started beating uncontrollably now...

Why the hell am I feeling this way?

I clutched my hand to my chest, afraid that my heart will pop out.

Concern flashed in her eyes as she saw me do this.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" I snapped at her, finally managing to tear my gaze away from the lure of those dark brown eyes of hers. 

"Are you su-"

"I'm sure!!" I said through gritted teeth as I stood up from the floor and straightened my clothes, cursing myself silently. "I'm going."

She raised a brow in confusion. "What? Why? I'm preparing dinner. Just stay until then..."

I shot her a glare before scurrying out of her apartment without uttering a word. I heard her calling but I ignored it and slammed her door shut before entering my apartment. I leaned against the door, glaring at nothing in particular. My hand never left my chest since it was still beating furiously.

Why am I feeling this way? Why is it that whenever she's around I say and/or do something totally out of my character? Why does she make my head spin with stupid, dumb thoughts about her? WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT?!

"Stupid, hateful girl!" I growled venomously.