Kwon Manor

No Other

"They're cousins?!" It was Seungri who spoke first.

Dara glanced at Jiyong who didn't look pleased. Not even one bit.

"No, he's not. I don't know him," Jiyong said, in a flat, emotionless voice. He leaned back in his chair, eyes unreadable as he folded his arms across his chest.

"What? Now I'm confused!" Seungri brought his hands up to massage his temples as if experiencing a headache.

All heads, except Jiyong's, turned to Donghae for confirmation.

Donghae merely shrugged his shoulders. "I'll go with whatever he," referring to Jiyong, "says."

Joohyun's eyes narrowed and she snapped, "What? Are we playing 'Simon Says' now?!"

Seeing the they won't get a proper answer from Jiyong and Donghae, Bom turned to Daesung. "Look, we don't need this right now. Are they cousins or are they not?!" She demanded irritably.

Daesung was taken aback by Bom's tone of voice. It was one thing for Joohyun to use that kind of tone but it was another to actually hear it from Bom.

Donghae let out a loud infuriated sigh. He couldn't stand it anymore, especially after seeing Dara's confused expression.  "Oh, for goodness' sake! Yes, Jiyong and I are cousins. Not that it really matters because, obviously, Jiyong doesn't see me as such."

"I'm glad you know," Jiyong muttered coldly at him.

Donghae decided that it was best not to respond to that.

"Where are you going?" Dara asked, concerned, when Jiyong suddenly stood up.

"I'll... be right back," replied Jiyong in a soft whisper that only Dara could hear.

Jiyong walked past Donghae, bumping into his shoulders on purpose. Donghae took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Dara, can I please talk to you?" Donghae asked hopefully after a moment of silence.

Dara saw the expression on Bom and Joohyun's faces. "I'll be right back," she said in a gentle tone, showing them a reassuring smile.

Joohyun sent Donghae a glare before saying, "Fine."

"Okay. So what the hell is going on here? Anyone care to tell me?" Daesung asked in frustration when Dara and Donghae were out of sight. He was usually the one who knew everything but at that moment, he was clueless. "Most importantly, what's the deal between you guys and Donghae?"

Bom and Joohyun entered the gazebo and took a seat first. Bom apologized about the way she talked to him few moments ago before explaining to him about Donghae and Dara's past.

"Wow," Daesung breathed when Bom was done. "That was some information."

"It really is a small world," Seungri said.

"I couldn't agree with you more," Daesung said, bobbing his head.

"Is Donghae Chaerin's brother?" Bom asked curiously.

Daesung nodded.

"Are they residing in Jeju Island?"

Daesung nodded again. "Well, they can stay pretty much anywhere but yes, currently, they're staying there. But why do you ask?"

"Actually, when I went to Jeju Island, I saw Donghae."

"You did?" Joohyun asked, her voice rising.

"Oh, I remember that! No wonder when we asked you if you saw anybody there you looked like you didn't want to talk about it,"* Seungri said in recollection.

Bom looked at him weirdly for remembering that then turned to Daesung. "Should we even ask what happened between Jiyong and Donghae?"

"Remember when I told you guys the Jiyong was keeping his distance with girls because a girl left him with another guy?"** Daesung asked.

"Yeah?" Seungri urged.

"Well," Daesung said slowly. "Donghae was the guy," he revealed.

Bom dropped her head onto the table with a loud thump. "I'm going crazy!! Information overload!!" She raised her head back and stared at them with her tired eyes. "Okay so last night I got this call from Donghae pleading to meet him with Joohyun this morning. And then he tells us the reason he left and what he's been doing these past two yeas.. And then as soon as we arrive here in school, we find out that Donghae and Jiyong are related to each other, and now you're telling us that Donghae, Dara's ex, was the reason for Jiyong's cold personality?!" She was so exasperated that she managed to say all that in one breath.

"Oh, and don't forget to add that we've actually found out that the world is really small after all," Seungri was grinning widely as he said this but his grin was completely wiped off his face when he received are-you-ing-with-us looks from the three.

"Actually," Daesung said, louder than he intended, as if not being able to contain his excitement. "There's more to that," said Daesung in reply to Bom but they didn't hear him because Seungri suddenly exclaimed, "They're back!" as he saw Donghae and Dara walking towards the gazebo.

Daesung watched them intently and thought of Jiyong. He said, mostly to himself, "What an interesting turn of events."

"Hey. Jiyong isn't back yet?" was the first thing Dara asked upon seeing Jiyong's absence.

Daesung shook his head. "Don't worry about him. He's probably just sorting out his thoughts."

Dara nodded then turned to look at them. "Donghae invited us over for dinner tonight," she informed them. "Would you guys like to come?"

"If you're going I definitely am," Joohyun said indifferently.

"Ditto," Bom said.

"Sure," was all Seungri said.

"Wait," Donghae suddenly said with a hand in the air. "I'm sorry, but you are?"

Seungri face turned bright red. They went to the same middle school together but Donghae was the popular guy so it wasn't a surprise that he didn't know Seungri. Daesung chuckled before doing a short introduction.

Donghae smiled apologetically and reached his hand out to Seungri for a shake in which the latter gladly took. "Nice meeting you."

"You too," Seungri said with a satisfied smile.

"So anyway," Daesung began, grinning, "I haven't been in the Kwon manor for so long, so it's a yes for me."

"Great!" Dara beamed with a clap of her hands. "Now, I just have to look for Jiyong."

Dara spun around to leave excitedly but Donghae stopped her. "Jiyong? I don't think he's gonna come."

She looked at him as if he was being silly. "Of course he will!" She smiled at him then took off, leaving them with unreadable expressions on their faces.

"Why won't he come?" Bom asked then sort of regretted it because that meant there was an additional information she needed to process.

"Because he.." He paused then sighed. "It's a long story. But he's never gone there ever since he's come here."

Bom and Seungri stared at him skeptically, while Joohyun kept a straight face, though inside she was just as puzzled.

"That's true," Daesung confirmed. "But trust me, he'll come."


"Jiyong!"

Dara finally found him lying on the grass with his arm resting on his forehead under a tree. She saw him raise his arm from his face to look at her.

Sitting next to him, she smiled down at him and said, "Are you free later?"

"Depends," he answered as he slowly sat up. "What's going to happen?"

"Donghae invited us over-"

As soon as Donghae's name was mentioned, his expression darkened and he cut her off. "No."

Dara frowned. "You have to come."

Shaking his head, he said in a stern voice, "I will not go. You can go if you want."

"Please, Jiyong? You have to! Pretty please with a cherry on top??" Dara pleaded.

"Why do I have to go?" He asked, almost whining --something he only does with Dara.

"Because I want you to be there," Dara said in a joking bratty kind of way.

A smile broke out of Jiyong's features at Dara's silliness but he quickly replaced it with a straight face.

"Fine," he uttered in defeat.

Dara cheered happily at his reply.


The inside of the Kwon manor was quiet and everything looked perfectly still. It was just as Jiyong remembered. It had a modern and sleek look and feeling. The furnitures were mostly antique that looked like were being carefully taken care of. Almost the same as Daesung's place but the Kwon manor was... emptier. Jiyong boredly observed his surroundings, ignoring the shocked gasps and whispers from the maids and servants at the sight of him. Jiyong expected that much, especially for not even paying the place a visit ever since he's moved into the city two years before.


They were led into a small dining area, though it gave the word small another meaning. Seungri tried to keep his mouth close together. Joohyun could've sworn she heard Seungri whisper to Bom that the dining place was thrice the size of his room.

"Would you keep it down?" Joohyun hissed at Seungri who scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

They walked towards the table at the center of the room. Donghae had taken seat at one end of the table while Dara sat across him with Jiyong on her side and Daesung on Donghae's. Seungri sat at the other end of the table, Bom on the other side while Joohyun sat in between them.

"So, why is this called Kwon Manor if your surname is Lee?" Seungri asked, inquisitive, flipping out his napkin to lay it on his lap. With such question, Joohyun just had to step on his foot under the table in which Seungri let out a yelp of surpise. "What? I'm curious!"

Joohyun rolled her eyes at him.

"It's fine, Joohyun," Donghae said, smiling. "My mom's side owns this," Donghae said to Seungri casually, as if he's been asked the same question many times before that it doesn't catch him off guard anymore. Then added, just in case Seungri was still curious, "Jiyong's dad's sister."

Jiyong's eyebrows narrowed slightly when he heard his name.

Seungri let out an Ah in comprehension.

Just then, the maids started serving appetizers which were bread with various james, soup and whatnot.

Dara stretched out her hand to grab a soup but Donghae moved it away from her. "You can't. This contains peanuts."

"So?" Jiyong said in a low, hissing voice.

"She can't eat peanuts or anything with it," Donghae said, matter of factly. "Unless you want her to have allergic reactions."

"Your allergic to peanuts?" Jiyong asked Dara in disbelief.

Dara had look of guilt on her face. "Yes, I am. I haven't told you that?" Then, to Donghae, she said appreciatively, "Thank you."

Donghae smirked triumphantly at Jiyong that the latter had the urge to punch it off his face.

Not long after that, the main course was served and everybody digged in. Donghae and Daesung were mostly doing the conversing, with Joohyun throwing off sarcastic remarks every now and then while Seungri was throwing off stupid ones that makes them all laugh. Dara and Bom joined the converstation when given the chance. Jiyong was being his usual self. Quiet.

Soon, dessert was served. It was ice cream.

Seeing that Dara's ice cream was strawberry flavor, Donghae offered, "Do you want my vanilla ice cream, Dara?"

Before Dara could answer, Jiyong quickly took her cup and exchanged it with his. "Mine's chocolate. I don't want it," Jiyong said coolly. Though that was what he said, he knew it was Dara's favorite.

Dara's face brightened in glee. "Thank you, Ji!!" Then turned to Donghae with a happy smile, "Thank you, but I think I'll have this instead!"

It was Jiyong's turn to show Donghae a triumphant smirk. Joohyun, who understood the whole thing, rolled her eyes at their childishness while Daesung just eyed them with amusement.

Jiyong excused himself to go to the washroom. Though he hadn't been in the place for so long, he still knew his way. And even if he didn't, there were so many people around he could ask anyway.

A few minutes later, Jiyong stepped out of the bathroom to see someone was waiting for him. He saw him leaning on the wall with hands in his pockets. He pulled them out and raised a hand after realizing Jiyong has already come out.

"Oh, hey," Donghae greeted as if they hadn't just seen each other.

Jiyong glared at him in response.

"I didn't think you'd actually say yes to coming here," Donghae said. "And I'm glad you did."

"Was it wrong for me to have thought that you understood how much I don't really care about what you think and feel?" Jiyong said in his emotionless voice.

Donghae sighed loudly. "I don't get it. Why the hell are you so mad at me? What did I ever do to you?"

Jiyong felt blood rise up to his head. He glared harder at Donghae. "You took everything from me," he growled, trying his best to keep his hands in his sides.

 Donghae stared at him, confusion written all over his face. "I don't understand."

Jiyong decided not to respond and started to walk back to the dining room because he felt that if he was to stay a little bit longer, his fist would be on Donghae's face.

"You know," he heard Donghae say, loud enough for Jiyong to hear him.

Jiyong skidded to a stop but didn't turn around and waited for Donghae's next words.

"I should be mad at you."

Jiyong scowled at his nonsense, though he was aware Donghae couldn't see it with his back facing him. "What are you talking about?" He barked, peering over his shoulder.

"Because of you," Donghae began, obviously aggrieved. "I had to leave this place I grew up in. It was because of you that I had to leave..." His voice trailed off.

Jiyong's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, unsure of what he was accusing him of.

"...Dara," Donghae finished with a whisper, but Jiyong still caught it.

But Donghae didn't let Jiyong answer because he started speaking almost immediately.

"You like her, don't you?" Donghae asked frankly, catching Jiyong off guard.

Jiyong felt his whole body tensed up.

Donghae continued in a firm and unequivocal manner, "I can see it in your eyes, little cuz."

 

A/N: * - Chapter 6 || ** - Chapter 26

I wasn't really planning on updating yet but thanks to a very close buddy of mine, who I find out just recently was a reader of this ff (and she just found out that I'm its author too LOL), kept bugging me to the point that I ended up writing while I was at work. Hahaha. Oh well, I love you buddy @DaragonIsRealForReal. Hahaha should I say, "Keep it up"? :))

ANYWAY  THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS, TO THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR THE LOVE!!!!! *TEARS OF JOY* LOL.

CR to GIF owners ^^