Stubbornness

No Other

banner by daragonlai

(THANK YOU AGAIN!! TvT)

---

"What did you say, Kang Daesung?! That's not true! You know very well that isn't true! Take that back, Kang Daesung!!" Jiyong grabbed Daesung by the collar and pulled him by it. "Take-it-back!"

Daesung rolled his eyes at Jiyong, unfazed by his sudden violence.

"Woah, woah. What is going on here?" a voice came.

Daesung and Jiyong's heads turned to the direction of the voice.

It was Seungri, standing by the door, a look of perplexity on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Hello to you too, Ji!" Seungri tried to sound hurt. "I don't know what you are doing here but FYI, I'm here to get tutored." He said, showing him his bag. "Did Dara, by any chance, kick you out or something?" He asked, sounding almost hopeful.

Jiyong grimaced at the name mentioned and then gave the new-comer a furious glare. Daesung rolled his eyes once again. Seungri wasn't helping ease the situation at all as he felt Jiyong's grip at his collar tighten.

"Anyway, you didn't answer my question. What are you two doing?" Seungri repeated, ignoring Jiyong's glare, as he looked at Jiyong to Daesung and back.

"Apparently, I said something that triggered his anger button." Daesung answered simply.

"Why am I not surprised?" Seungri muttered. "What did you say?"

Daesung shrugged his shoulders then faced Jiyong and gave him a sly smile. "Just the truth."

Jiyong glared at him. Harder than ever now. "I told you... it's not..." He hissed.

Seungri rushed to them. "Geez, Ji. Take a chill pill, will ya?" He said, prying away Jiyong from Daesung.

 

[A few minutes ago]

The atmosphere between Daesung and Jiyong was okay, despite the latter's feeling of annoyance.

Daesung rose to his feet and patted Jiyong softly at the back saying, "Good luck."

"For what?" Jiyong asked.

"You're really sick... Very sick."

Jiyong raised a brow. "What? How did you know? Are you a doctor now?" Daesung just smiled, confusing Jiyong more. "Do I have a fever or something?"

"What you're feeling, my friend, is the disease called love."

Jiyong's head snapped up at him, hoping that he just misheard what Daesung said.

"Don't with me!" Jiyong barked when Daesung looked serious.

He heaved a sigh then said, "You're in love... with Sandara Park."

Daesung knew Jiyong wasn't just going to 'accept' the fact that he loves the girl but Daesung had no choice but to tell him or else he will never know. That was when Jiyong got a bit violent and grabbed Daesung's collar then that's when Seungri came in...

 

[Present time]

"Oooookay. Daesung, you have to teach me now. Teach me eveything you know. Transfer all your intelligence to me if you may. I don't want to lose to Mr. I'm-always-angry-and-I-love-to-glare-at-people-cause-it's-what-I'm-good-at guy, you know."

Jiyong threw him a dirty look. "Whatever. I'm not going to participate in your stupid contest anymore."

"What?" Seungri's jaw-dropped. "You're backing out? How unmanly!"

"Call me whatever you want." Jiyong started to walk to the door.

"Fine, I will!" Seungri retorted. "Coward-idiot-gay-stupid-mean-violent-hot-tempered-scardey cat--"

Daesung nudged him to get him to stop because he was only adding fuel to the fire, making Seungri pout at him and whined. "What? He said I can call him whatever I want....."

Daesung ignored him and shouted after Jiyong, "You're leaving?"

Jiyong didn't answer and just kept on walking, not even a backwards glance at them.

--


Jiyong arrived at his apartment and hastily slumped down the couch and let out a sigh of relief -quite glad that he was already home. He was thankful for Daesung's effort to help but he thought that the last thing Daesung said was a bit out of the line.

"He knows me very well and yet he says something so stupid -that I'm in love with that.. that girl." He uttered with disgust. "Does he have a death wish?" Jiyong thought out loud.

Still, he couldn't explain what he was feeling. It's true that his heart beats fast when she's near him but that alone won't make him believe that he's 'in love'...

Jiyong was staring at the ceiling so intensely that his eyes would burn a whole through it. He was wishing that something would just suddenly fall on him and then everything will magically make sense.

He really just couldn't bring himself to believe that he's in love. Moreover, to the girl he despises the most.

"Do you really despise her?" A voice in his head asked.

He let out a mild scream of frustration thinking that he must be going crazy now as to hear voices in his head.

He creased his eyebrows together. "There must be a logical explanation for this... and for everything."

His eyes then fell to the coffee table in front of him. In the table was a notebook. It was the reviewer Dara gave him last night.

---

A/N Yeap. That's all there is in this chapter. LMAO It's a very short, yea? Oh well. Unto the next one. ;)