Fooled

No Other

“If I didn't ask one of the maids if she saw you leave, I wouldn’t have known that you’d still be here,” Daesung calmly said, taking a seat beside Jiyong whose eyes were fixed on the TV in front of him as he was flipping through the channels. "This was the first place I thought of you'd be.This is like your own room, after all."

“I didn’t say I was going home. I said I was only leaving,” Jiyong said, his eyes never leaving the screen. He didn’t really seem like looking for an interesting show to watch as he didn’t let one channel stay on for more than a second.

“Of course, you did.” Daesung chuckled softly. One should really pay attention to what Jiyong says, or else he/she wouldn’t understand him at all. “Chaerin has already gone home.”

No response. Not even a movement from him.

Daesung has expected this much, especially after hearing something about his father. He decided to change the subject to lighten up the mood a bit, “So how about Dara? Did she get home safe?”

Jiyong looked at him from the corner of his eyes before darting his eyes back to the television. Daesung, again, didn’t receive any response.

Well, at least there was a reaction. Daesung thought. He remembered that Jiyong said that he went to get something from his apartment but he didn’t see him carrying anything. He was proud to admit that he knew Jiyong well. What he said was just an excuse to accompany Dara home. Daesung did some research about Dara’s residence right after the ‘set-up’ thing happened. He was very amused at the fact that the two lives right next to each other.

Daesung suddenly felt excitement crept up to him. Excited for what? He asked himself. His mouth then turned to a little smirk after having thought of a plan. “You have soccer practice tomorrow, right?” He asked.

“Hm,” Jiyong finally responded.

Daesung stood up from the couch and pretended to yawn, “You better get some sleep now, then. Good night.” He then added in a whisper, "Tomorrow will be a good day."

Jiyong did not hear that latter part and just said, “Night.”

 

 

Jiyong woke up at exactly 4:30am that morning. He took a shower and put on his soccer uniform. He was glad that he had a spare one kept at one of Daesung's guests room but as Daesung had said the night before, this specific guest room is already like his own. At 5:20am, he was about to go to the dining room to have breakfast when Daesung walked in the room.

"Chop, chop, Jiyong! My driver has to be back at 6." He said, grabbing Jiyong's hand and pulling him out of the room. 

"But, breakfast?" Jiyong asked. "I don't need to be dropped off. I'll just-"

Daesung stopped to face him. "No, my friend," he sternly said. "It's advisable not to eat anything, especially when you'll be having training. Just go, okay? Bye, Jiyong! Have fun at soccer training!" He shoved him at the backseat of the car and whispered, enough for Jiyong not to hear, to the driver, "Whatever he says, keep driving. Don't stop anywhere, not even a store. Understood?"

The driver nodded obediently.

Jiyong was staring at Daesung suspiciously from the backseat window. He felt something was weird about Daesung, but eventually he just shrugged the feeling off. He just felt somehow irritated at the fact that he didn't even get to bring a water jug or some of sort with him. He knows that Daesung knew that eating before training had no effect on him at all. He does not vomit or whatever. But that wasn't what irritated him. It was that he wasn't able to bring water with him that did.

"Hey," he called the driver. The driver looked at him through the rearview mirror. "Let's stop by a store first."

"I'm sorry, sir. Strict orders from the young master that we must not stop anywhere." The driver, trying to sound strict, said.

"What? Daesung?" Jiyong glared at the reflection of the driver in the mirror. "Fine! Whatever!" The driver heard him say, followed by muttering something inaudible about Daesung.

 

 

“Water break, everyone!” Seunghyun, the soccer team captain, announced to everyone in the field.

Some went to the bench where their bags were at to get their drinks. Jiyong looked at the direction of the water fountain and saw a very long line. He let out a snarl. Just then, he also remembered that he didn't even have breakfast so he was starving. He made a mental note that he would give Daesung a punch once he sees him.

That stupid, rich & selfish bastard! I don't know what his problem is but-

A sweet voice broke him out of his thoughts. "Jiyong?"

The chattering amongst the players stopped almost instantly at the sound. Jiyong's, along with everyone else's, head turned to the source of the voice. Standing there in the grass field was Dara, holding up a jug and a plastic bag, with her usual smile.

"What the heck is she doing here?" He stared at her from the distance, skeptical. 

"Sandara Park!"; "It's really her!"; "What is she doing here? Did she come for Jiyong?"; "They're really dating, after all! They must be!"; the others started whispering among themselves.

Jiyong walked up to her. "What are you doing here?"

"Good morning, Jiyong!" she greeted him, cheerfully. "Daesung called me this morning and said you didn't have breakfast and that you didn't have water with you so I came to give you these! He was very worried." She showed him the jug and the plastic bag she was holding.

Jiyong stared at it for a moment before realizing what she had said. Daesung was worried? That bastard was the reason that I wasn't able to eat nor bring anything in the first place! He made another mental note to give him a couple of punches and kicks when he sees him.

"But, of course, I also became worried when Daesung told me you hadn't eaten breakfast," Dara added, looking up at him with eyes filled with sincere concern.

Jiyong blinked at what she had said. She was worried about me?

Suddenly, there was a feeling of guilt inside of him. It was as if he was guilty for making her worry. "Idiot," his brow furrowed at her, "What's to worry? I won't die because of missing a single meal." He softly ruffled her hair.

Dara saw his lips curve into a small smile. But it was so quick that she wasn't sure if he really did smile or not. She was about to say something when she was stopped because of a somehow expected interruption.

"Dara-ssi!!" It was Seunghyun. He slung an arm over Jiyong's shoulder then said with a very big grin on his face, "It's a pleasure seeing you here! Are you here to watch our practice?"

Dara opened to answer, "Ah-"

"No. She's going home," Jiyong gushed through gritted teeth. For some reason, he just began feeling irritated.

Seunghyun's face fell with disappointment. "Eh? Why?"

It was Jiyong who answered again. "She just came to give me something and will leave as soon as I take it." He quickly grabbed the jug and the plastic bag from Dara. "Now, off you go." He said to Dara.

Dara nodded hesitantly. She wasn't sure of what was happening.

"Dara-ssi," Seunghyun called, "are you going somewhere after this besides going home?" Dara shook her head as 'no'. Seunghyun's grin appeared on his face again. "Then come, watch! Our training will only be until 12nn! And I'm sure everyone will inspired to train since you're here to watch."

Dara didn't understand the part wherein 'everyone will be inspired' if she'll watch but the thought of being able to watch Jiyong play made her excited. On the other hand, Jiyong's thoughts were on how the others and Seunghyun stare at her with drooling faces. It agitated him and he wanted to kick them all.

"Sure!"; "No!" they both answered at the same time.

Seunghyun raised a brow at the two of them. "What is this? Dara-ssi says sure, and Jiyong says no?"

"You can't watch," Jiyong said seriously. Dara gave him a curious look. "It's because I don't want you to watch. You watching will just distract me."

"Oh," Dara couldn't say anything to that. "If you put it like that then I really can't watch, can I?" She tried to put on a smile. She turned to Seunghyun and said in a very sad voice, "I'm sorry, sunbaenim. Maybe next time..." She spun around and began walking away.

Seunghyun shook his head at Jiyong. "Well that was a little mean, Jiyong. She came all the way here to bring you food and water and you did that? Tsk, tsk." He removed his arm from Jiyong and walking into the field announcing, "Alright, break time is over! Let's go, team!"

Jiyong felt a sting in his chest. It wasn't like he meant what he said but he felt a need to say something of sort because he knew that merely saying no would have no effect on Dara. But it wasn't a total lie, either. He thinks that if Dara was watching, he'd have to keep an eye on her because other players who aren't on the field may approach her at anytime. He really didn't know why it bothers him so much.

He turned his head at where Dara was at, expecting her not to be there anymore but to his astonishment, she was still there, walking unbelievably slow, her head down. He sighed in defeat and jogged in front of her. "Hey, Park, you can watch if you want." Dara slowly lifted up her head. Jiyong saw that she was incredibly sad. "Go sit there, okay? And be quiet! Don't even think of cheering for me or I will kick you away."

"Y-you mean that? I-I can really watch?" she stuttered. "N-no taking back?"

Did what I said really made her this sad? How unusual for this girl... He twitched slightly, and grumbled, "Yeah, whatever."

Suddenly, her face lit up and stuck out her tongue at me. "Great, then! I knew you were going to let me sooner or later anyway!" She let out a chuckle and went to find good spot to watch -leaving an incredulous Jiyong behind.

As soon as everything sunk in, he felt embarrassed and fooled. It was an act?! No wonder she was walking so slow it was so I could still chase her! Oh... that.... that stupid hateful girl! He growled inside his head before running back to the soccer field.

 

 

Neither of them knew that Chaerin was watching them from the distance. She felt something boil inside of her. She glared at Dara who seemed to be having fun watching the soccer practice. If glares could kill, Dara would probably be a thousand times dead by now.

From the moment I saw her arrive with Jiyong that night... I knew this girl was bad news. I... I won't let her ruin my relationship with Jiyong! I definitely won't!!

"Watch your back from now on, Sandara Park."